Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,099 members, 7,821,800 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. (32964 Views)

"I'm Not A Mugu, I Know My Husband Has A 2nd Wife & Kids Back Home”-Oyinbo Woman / What I Went Through For 2years All Because Of Raw Sex / The Deeper Life Lady I Want To Marry Doesn't Want To Know My Place (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by lyndaway(f): 3:32pm On Apr 01, 2022
It normal with men

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by dododawa1: 3:43pm On Apr 01, 2022
I will not greet you but I have clean mind against you in neighbour.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by Nobody: 3:51pm On Apr 01, 2022
returncole:
I don't think you should be proud of that. That's total insensitivity.
And who are you dictate what one should or shouldn't be proud of?

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by emecheboy2(m): 4:16pm On Apr 01, 2022
THIS CHAIRMAN, BIG MAN, OGA BOSS ETC DEY SWEET NO BE SMALL.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by Godmademan(m): 5:04pm On Apr 01, 2022
Truly, it's good to mind one's business. But someday you will need the name of a neighbor in a 'life saving' situation and you will curse yourself for being a douche bag all along.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by AK481(m): 5:21pm On Apr 01, 2022
Acidosis:

Your neighbor can also get the same or even better contract by simply building a website or posting an ad on Nairaland/Twitter.

The point is, we can advise friendliness for the sake of being friendly.

ok, how many have gotten registered in a multinational by just posting things online.companies don't buy stuff like individuals online.

don't underestimate the power of recommendation.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by ChybuzzDD(m): 5:36pm On Apr 01, 2022
BirtherOfKings:
I don't agree
Its a sign of unfriendliness
That neighbour can be ur ticket out of poverty or all d contracts u need to be a billionaire
These days, everyone is doing biz with someone dey know well
Better change..wat u are looking for in Sokoto is in ur shokoto kiss kiss
If u know,u know

Men don't necessarily need each other's name to do those things you mentioned.

Once they have your phone number, they can call you to discuss a contract or link you to one.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by Acidosis(m): 5:58pm On Apr 01, 2022
AK481:

ok, how many have gotten registered in a multinational by just posting things online.companies don't buy stuff like individuals online.

don't underestimate the power of recommendation.

I'm not underestimating the power of recommendation. But recommendations can come from anywhere: someone you met online, church, classmates, etc. Unless one lives in a barrack, you're not likely to have more than 4 or 5 neighbors at a time so I don't see how your interaction or non-interaction with 4 neighbors can stand as an ultimate hindrance to one's progress in life.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by Rain07: 6:01pm On Apr 01, 2022
CruiseCity:
My girlfriend is shocked that for two years, me and my neighbour has been calling ourselves Chief, Baba, Eleniyan, Odogwu, Big Man, e.t.c without knowing each other's name.
cheesy
I love my gender.
We don't like wahala.
No fight like women
Just remember say na next month I go renew my house rent yet I don't know my landlord's name
Not even anyone in this compound
Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by Oturatetuala(m): 6:18pm On Apr 01, 2022
Na house I come rent, no name or friends I come make. Shalom
Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by edoairways: 6:29pm On Apr 01, 2022
Godmademan:
Truly, it's good to mind ones business. But someday you will need the name of a neighbor in a 'live saving' situation and you will curse yourself for being a douche bag all along.
You are right
Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by Cousin9999: 6:57pm On Apr 01, 2022
It's generally important to know your neighbors for safety and community action reasons. For example, if there's an emergency or if neighbors need to work together on a problem.

However, some people are dysfunctional. And no one should be shocked if someone is trying to protect their peace. That could mean not knowing neighbors, or keeping it very polite and surface.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by LagBlogger(m): 7:05pm On Apr 01, 2022
Yankiss:
Not really wise. A situation whereby a fraudulent neighbour commits a crime against you, you will regret this nonchalance.

That is if he's not vigilant. Being mindful of boundaries is not nonchalance.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by Aaay: 8:19pm On Apr 01, 2022
Neighbors knows my name when I am in riding her screaming
Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by JohnnA1: 9:03pm On Apr 01, 2022
Dearlord:
I am an introvert but and they know me everywhere I go, they feel like I am a secret service personnel
No be only you.
For my former place, my neighbour think say I be DSS grin grin cool
Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by afroxyz: 11:12am On Apr 02, 2022
CamusMidas:

Bros you grew up in the street na why, you should be proud of yourself for taking your kids to a good neighborhood.

As things stand, it is now up to you to show them the way to mingle with their peers outside of school . Through playdates with families kids and your friends kids, take them for games and all that. ABI you want make them comut outside play with sand.

Oga the world is growing move with it, there are still plenty communities where children still live the way you lived when you were a kid, would you want that to always be status quo?

I honestly don't know if I should laugh or feel disgusted at your ignorance. Which street or rough neighbourhood? You people would just come online and open your mouth. You don't know me bro. Don't project your experiences on others
Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by Silentgroper(m): 3:20pm On Apr 13, 2022
Szilard:
Omo

Mine is even some how

I'm a student but the majority of my neighbors are family people

I'm cordial with them, but I hardly come out

For the past 4 years, I've never sat outside with em to talk before ( they always gist outside in the evening if there's no light or landlord doesn't on the Gen)

Mine is partly due to anxiety and being a private person. .

They always subtly tease me and say I'm a snub

Omo

E no easy

They intentionally snub me sometimes grin

I just find it hard to sit outside and have shallow discussions cry grin

Who else is on this table!
Ur own pass my own.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by Szilard: 11:32am On Apr 15, 2022
Silentgroper:
Ur own pass my own.

Lmao embarassed grin
Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by CruiseCity: 10:22pm On Apr 29, 2022
Hzh
Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by BirtherOfKings(f): 3:34pm On May 09, 2022
ChybuzzDD:

Men don't necessarily need each other's name to do those things you mentioned.

Once they have your phone number, they can call you to discuss a contract or link you to one.

wetin u dey spew from ur yeye mouth?> if i dont know ur name, how will I remember u ..smh
Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by baretalk: 3:44pm On May 09, 2022
Good fences make good neighbors.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by Szilard: 11:46am On May 15, 2022
obinna58:
Most extroverts has nothing to offer that's why the street knows them
If you have something to offer na you go even dey hide for streets na the state/country go know you not street
Your neighbors go wan know you, na you go dey run from people.

Bro

You are wise

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Careers Of Women That Turn You Off As A Man? / Does It Really Matter How A Man Proposes? (Snapshot) / Beautiful Pre-Wedding Photoshoot By Models

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.