Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,285 members, 7,818,964 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. (32954 Views)

"I'm Not A Mugu, I Know My Husband Has A 2nd Wife & Kids Back Home”-Oyinbo Woman / What I Went Through For 2years All Because Of Raw Sex / The Deeper Life Lady I Want To Marry Doesn't Want To Know My Place (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by LagBlogger(m): 10:33am On Apr 01, 2022
SmartPolician:

While it is good to mind one's business, you should be alive to your environment.

This makes no sense. The day someone will commit a crime there, and you get implicated, then you will understand what you are doing to yourself.

I won't write more than this.

Minding your business and being vigilant are two different things.

I mind my business when it comes to dealing with neighbors but I know when something is off around me.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by kinibigdeal(m): 10:34am On Apr 01, 2022
Cutehector:
This behaviour is more rampant in Lekki/AJah/Sangotedo axis.

I stayed in a shared apartment for a year. I didn’t even know the people I was sharing my apartment with. Everyone is always going to work as early as 4am and coming back very late.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by Nobody: 10:34am On Apr 01, 2022
SmartPolician:

While it is good to mind one's business, you should be alive to your environment.

This makes no sense. The day someone will commit a crime there, and you get implicated, then you will understand what you are doing to yourself.

I won't write more than this.
Just look at the reason you have up there, abeg leave talk.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by Nobody: 10:35am On Apr 01, 2022
This life funny die ehn, all those peeps wey dey complain say you dey proud because you no gree rapport with them omor small chance wey you go give them go bring disrespect.

So just kuku dey your lane.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 10:35am On Apr 01, 2022
Laturuturu:

Are you into hook up at home
I mean home. service
Yes. I'm into hook up.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by angelfallz(m): 10:37am On Apr 01, 2022
I am an introverted extrovert. I like to keep to myself. But since I am the one collecting the Nepa bill for our compound, I must know everyone's name, and I have their phone numbers.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by Nobody: 10:37am On Apr 01, 2022
If I call you bros or Aunty and you don't answer.... You're on your own

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 10:38am On Apr 01, 2022
Hyper77:

What is the dog for?
Hanty!!! sad shocked shocked
For security.
Someone broke i to my house on night early last year and i had to get a dog. And i do t regret it. She's doing her job so well.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by Mypeople2(m): 10:38am On Apr 01, 2022
BirtherOfKings:

Says d guy who has never seen a billion naira in his life grin grin grin civil servant oshi
Have you seen a billion naira in your life ? These days how many people do help people out of poverty ?
Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by TroubleMaker47(m): 10:38am On Apr 01, 2022
Totilopussylick:
Over here in Europe.

I live in 8 story building with different people from different nations, my neighbor call me naija boi, I call him Somalian boi wink.

And that how we kept it till now grin.

We know each other names, but we prefer Naija boi and Somalian boi as our way of feeling alright cool.
Atleast you know each others name but choose to keep it casual. Not knowing your next door neighbour's name is not about minding your business but has a lot to do about pride and not being security consious!

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 10:38am On Apr 01, 2022
Menstruation:
Becareful what you say.
Before i disfigure your body.
Becareful what you wish for.
Odiegwu
Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by Iyajelili(f): 10:39am On Apr 01, 2022
I hope some of you don't get depressed.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by Nobody: 10:40am On Apr 01, 2022
They call me a stupid name that they keep winning prizes for but those who know me call me mama because anything for my kids.

When I was getting robbed I didn’t see any neighbor check on us then so no be my concern but I’ll look out for them sha

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by Cutehector(m): 10:40am On Apr 01, 2022
mirexxx:
Hi, have u gone back to Lagos?
yes
Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by LOVEGINO(m): 10:41am On Apr 01, 2022
CruiseCity:
My girlfriend is shocked that for two years, me and my neighbour has been calling ourselves Chief, Baba, Eleniyan, Odogwu, Big Man, e.t.c without knowing each other's name.
cheesy
I love my gender.
We don't like wahala.
No fight like women
lol. Me 5yrs
Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by Angelfrost(m): 10:41am On Apr 01, 2022
Well, you don't have to be friends with your neighbor... But, casual greeting, and knowing first names shouldn't be a big deal na.

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by advanceDNA: 10:41am On Apr 01, 2022
chatinent:
I just realized I don't know the names of all the neighbors I have lived with.

Gather here if you are guilty of calling all the men around your area Oga mi, chief, boss, or chairman...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by Cutehector(m): 10:43am On Apr 01, 2022
kinibigdeal:

I stayed in a shared apartment for a year. I didn’t even know the people I was sharing my apartment with. Everyone is always going to work as early as 4am and coming back very late.
yeah that is the problem.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by chiedozie198100: 10:44am On Apr 01, 2022
I no know know anybody name.
na either daddy okey, mummy ugo etc.

only entered like two neighbors house in my compound.

very cordial with everyone, but still dey my lane.

can't forget when someone visited my very next door neighbor and was asking for Mr Kenneth, omo I blank for some seconds. na through physical description and him type of motor i take know say na him. grin grin

as per phone number, na only the NEPA coordinator and caretaker number i get oo. a compound of atleast 15 families. grin grin grin

i wan improve on this sha grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by Nobody: 10:44am On Apr 01, 2022
Yankiss:
Not really wise. A situation whereby a fraudulent neighbour commits a crime against you, you will regret this nonchalance.
How?
Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by mirexxx(f): 10:46am On Apr 01, 2022
Cutehector:
yes
Alright
Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by udemzyudex(m): 10:46am On Apr 01, 2022
BirtherOfKings:

Says d guy who has never seen a billion naira in his life grin grin grin civil servant oshi

Na wa ooo see as you just escalate the whole matter.
You see say you just prove him right.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by ofuonyebi: 10:48am On Apr 01, 2022
dont worry nau
it is when POLICE, NDLA, EFCC or soldier
come arrest you one day for offence you did not commit,
then, you will know the importance of closing gaps with your neighbour
Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by diplomat058(m): 10:48am On Apr 01, 2022
This is unnecessary. You didn't have to resort to this cos the guy rebutted your argument. have you the socialite seen a billion before, despite all your rumble bubbles with people?
BirtherOfKings:

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by Nobody: 10:50am On Apr 01, 2022
Iyajelili:
I hope some of you don't get depressed.
Na depress we depress, we no kill person.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by PrimadonnaO(f): 10:51am On Apr 01, 2022
MISSCONGENIALITY:
I don't have same compound neighbor but 90%of the people in my street know me especially kids.
That aunty that has fine dog.
I know a few people by face but not by name. My opposite neighbor and his wife do check up on me from time to time and so does my neighbor to the left.
When they don't see me for sometime they know at my gate to know how I'm doing. They are all grandparents, but we rapour very well.

True to thy name! smiley
Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by PrimadonnaO(f): 10:51am On Apr 01, 2022
I think it largely depends on the neighbourhood you live in.

I've been in my current place for over a year, and I only know one neighbour by name and face.

And that's because both of us share a gen house, and in the first month when I moved in, her light was on my meter.

I'm sure I have about 6/7 other neighbours, but I don't even know their faces, let alone names.

But in my previous place, we were all neighbourly... 5 blocks of houses occupied by young people.

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by gentlestdude(m): 10:52am On Apr 01, 2022
Cutehector:
This behaviour is more rampant in Lekki/AJah/Sangotedo axis.
you forgot to add magodo... the only person in our compound I've spoken with in 2 years now is our security guard guy, and I'm sure there are other tenants too only me can't be living in that big compound

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by Nobody: 10:52am On Apr 01, 2022
ofuonyebi:
dont worry nau
it is when POLICE, NDLA, EFCC or soldier
come arrest you one day for offence you did not commit,
then, you will know the importance of closing gaps with your neighbour
On what ground? Sha na because you know Sabi people for high place or get Lawyer na why you reason like that.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Shocked That I Don't Know My Neighbour's Name For 2years. by Triangles1(m): 10:56am On Apr 01, 2022
obinna58:
Most extroverts has nothing to offer that's why the street knows them
If you have something to offer na you go even dey hide for streets na the state/country go know you not street
Your neighbors go wan know you, na you go dey run from people.

You're wiser than your age, Nigeria need people like you.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Careers Of Women That Turn You Off As A Man? / Does It Really Matter How A Man Proposes? (Snapshot) / My Girlfriend Thinks There's Nothing Wrong With Her Sleeping Over At Guy's Place

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.