Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,941 members, 7,835,136 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

When An Atheist Dies And Is About To Enter Hell - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When An Atheist Dies And Is About To Enter Hell (7421 Views)

Pastor Prays For "Miracle Money" To Enter Members' Bank Accounts / Born again = your sinful flesh dies and new you springs up (photos) / Coffin ''Refuses'' To Enter Zambian Church Building For Burial (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When An Atheist Dies And Is About To Enter Hell by Hismasterpiece(m): 9:25pm On Apr 18, 2022
cornelboy:

If Jesus spirit or soul went there, does that mean hell is a bad place?

Hell is a place of torment for sinners.
Re: When An Atheist Dies And Is About To Enter Hell by Hismasterpiece(m): 9:29pm On Apr 18, 2022
cornelboy:

Think think think.
Lake of fire represent eternal destruction.
That's hell/grave and death will be no more. They won't exist again. Likewise Satan, his angels, false prophet and wicked people will be destroyed eternally, eternal death.

They won't keep living in hell fire.

Lake of fire and Gehenna illustrates the same thing, eternal destruction/death.
Gehenna was (mis)translated to hell. Also Hadēs which means the grave was translated to hell.

Your watchtower has done you strong thing. When the Bible talks about the lake of fire it isn't being metaphorical. This is where God has caught you. You are able to wave off the doctrine of hell by saying that Jesus was being metaphorical when He taught about it and I can understand that.

But you can't use the same metric for the lake of fire because the Bible never talks about it from a metaphorical standpoint.

Also, spirits can't die. Think deeply about that. Annihilation-ism is never taught in scripture.
Re: When An Atheist Dies And Is About To Enter Hell by Hismasterpiece(m): 9:31pm On Apr 18, 2022
LordReed:

I gave 6 reasons why I think hell doesn't make sense which of them indicated I diidn't understand this point? And by the way your point is another reason hell doesn't make sense, just so you know.

How doesn't it make sense? God is not at fault for hell. People go there because of the choices they make.
Re: When An Atheist Dies And Is About To Enter Hell by Hismasterpiece(m): 9:32pm On Apr 18, 2022
Maynman:

Yes it is a parable, even your fellow Christians will be disappointed in you. Don’t take it literally, word for word..

Lol.. aiit. Peace to you!!
Re: When An Atheist Dies And Is About To Enter Hell by Maynman: 9:33pm On Apr 18, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

Lol.. aiit. Peace to you!!

Taking parables as real life events when it clearly says “parables”.. this religion do you strong thing.
Peace to you too believer.
Re: When An Atheist Dies And Is About To Enter Hell by Hismasterpiece(m): 9:34pm On Apr 18, 2022
Maynman:

Taking parables as real life events when it clearly says “parables”.. this religion do you strong thing.
Peace to you too believer.

Okay. One last question. Do you believe man is a spirit and not merely a material being?
Re: When An Atheist Dies And Is About To Enter Hell by Maynman: 9:37pm On Apr 18, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

Okay. One last question. Do you believe man is a spirit and not merely a material being?

I know that man has a soul, spirit and flesh.
Re: When An Atheist Dies And Is About To Enter Hell by LordReed(m): 9:40pm On Apr 18, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

How doesn't it make sense? God is not at fault for hell. People go there because of the choices they make.

Is it people that made hell or the god? Is it people that set the conditions for who goes to hell or the god?
Re: When An Atheist Dies And Is About To Enter Hell by Hismasterpiece(m): 4:25pm On Apr 19, 2022
LordReed:

Is it people that made hell or the god? Is it people that set the conditions for who goes to hell or the god?

God did create hell. But He has made it clear that He doesn't want any descendant of Adam to end up there. So, no God is not at fault.
Re: When An Atheist Dies And Is About To Enter Hell by Hismasterpiece(m): 4:27pm On Apr 19, 2022
Maynman:

I know that man has a soul, spirit and flesh.

Do you believe that Christians go to heaven when they die? If yes, then why do find it so hard to believe that non-christians go to hell when they die?
Re: When An Atheist Dies And Is About To Enter Hell by Maynman: 4:32pm On Apr 19, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

Do you believe that Christians go to heaven when they die? If yes, then why do find it so hard to believe that non-christians go to hell when they die?

lol, I don’t believe the former or latter. I know that there’s no such thing.
Re: When An Atheist Dies And Is About To Enter Hell by Hismasterpiece(m): 4:36pm On Apr 19, 2022
Maynman:

lol, I don’t believe the former or latter. I know that there’s no such thing.

And are you sure that scripture is CLEAR on the subject that HEAVEN AND HELL DON'T EXIST?
Re: When An Atheist Dies And Is About To Enter Hell by Maynman: 4:39pm On Apr 19, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

And are you sure that scripture is CLEAR on the subject that HEAVEN AND HELL DON'T EXIST?

Which scripture, a story book?
Do you know the origin of this scriptures?
Re: When An Atheist Dies And Is About To Enter Hell by LordReed(m): 4:46pm On Apr 19, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

God did create hell. But He has made it clear that He doesn't want any descendant of Adam to end up there. So, no God is not at fault.

Where did I mention anything about fault? Hell is entirely your god's idea according to your mythology. If your god didn't create it nobody would be going there.
Re: When An Atheist Dies And Is About To Enter Hell by KnownUnknown: 4:53pm On Apr 19, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

All Christians go to hell. Pick one.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell
Re: When An Atheist Dies And Is About To Enter Hell by Hismasterpiece(m): 6:28pm On Apr 20, 2022
LordReed:

Where did I mention anything about fault? Hell is entirely your god's idea according to your mythology. If your god didn't create it nobody would be going there.

He did create it but He didn't have humans in mind when He did create it. And Scripture is clear that He doesn't want anyone to go there and is completely sad about the people that are there.
Re: When An Atheist Dies And Is About To Enter Hell by Hismasterpiece(m): 6:29pm On Apr 20, 2022
Maynman:

Which scripture, a story book?
Do you know the origin of this scriptures?

Wait.. are you even a believer sef?
Re: When An Atheist Dies And Is About To Enter Hell by Maynman: 6:39pm On Apr 20, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

Wait.. are you even a believer sef?

A believer shouldn’t know the origin of the book he reads?
Re: When An Atheist Dies And Is About To Enter Hell by LordReed(m): 7:17pm On Apr 20, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

He did create it but He didn't have humans in mind when He did create it. And Scripture is clear that He doesn't want anyone to go there and is completely sad about the people that are there.

But according to your beliefs he made the rules so I dunno what you are defending.
Re: When An Atheist Dies And Is About To Enter Hell by Hismasterpiece(m): 8:18pm On Apr 20, 2022
LordReed:

But according to your beliefs he made the rules so I dunno what you are defending.

So are you saying the government is at fault for everyone in prison? After all they did build prisons and set the rules for who goes there and who doesn't.

Does that mean that the government enjoys seeing people in prison?

Aren't the people in prison there because it is just and right for them to be there because they deserve it?

This is the angle from which I see things.
Re: When An Atheist Dies And Is About To Enter Hell by Hismasterpiece(m): 8:19pm On Apr 20, 2022
Maynman:

A believer shouldn’t know the origin of the book he reads?

So you are a Christian but you don't believe the Bible is the Word of God but you believe it is merely a work of fiction?
Re: When An Atheist Dies And Is About To Enter Hell by Maynman: 12:54am On Apr 21, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

So you are a Christian but you don't believe the Bible is the Word of God but you believe it is merely a work of fiction?

A believer shouldn’t know the origin of the book he is reading? He should just remain ignorant of it? If the word of god is true, why is word of good afraid of clarity?
Re: When An Atheist Dies And Is About To Enter Hell by LordReed(m): 6:22am On Apr 21, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

So are you saying the government is at fault for everyone in prison? After all they did build prisons and set the rules for who goes there and who doesn't.

Does that mean that the government enjoys seeing people in prison?

Aren't the people in prison there because it is just and right for them to be there because they deserve it?

This is the angle from which I see things.

When governments become all seeing and all knowing then this analogy would apply.

BTW do you know of any jurisdiction where all crimes carry the same sentence? That's limited humans able to make distinctions but your all wise god cannot. Hell doesn't make sense.
Re: When An Atheist Dies And Is About To Enter Hell by Image123(m): 11:07am On Apr 21, 2022
LordReed:

When governments become all seeing and all knowing then this analogy would apply.

BTW do you know of any jurisdiction where all crimes carry the same sentence? That's limited humans able to make distinctions but your all wise god cannot. Hell doesn't make sense.

So you read from the Bible that crimes carry the same sentence? Don't you ever learn anything in church?
Re: When An Atheist Dies And Is About To Enter Hell by Hismasterpiece(m): 1:52pm On Apr 21, 2022
LordReed:

Hmm... So your argument against hell is it's perceived unfairness?
Re: When An Atheist Dies And Is About To Enter Hell by Hismasterpiece(m): 1:53pm On Apr 21, 2022
Maynman:

A believer shouldn’t know the origin of the book he is reading? He should just remain ignorant of it? If the word of god is true, why is word of good afraid of clarity?

You didn't answer my question. Do you believe the Bible is a work of fiction?
Re: When An Atheist Dies And Is About To Enter Hell by Maynman: 1:54pm On Apr 21, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

You didn't answer my question. Do you believe the Bible is a work of fiction?

Absolutely with Quran too. Read about the Semitic god, where Allah was coined from.
Re: When An Atheist Dies And Is About To Enter Hell by Hismasterpiece(m): 1:55pm On Apr 21, 2022
Maynman:

Absolutely with Quran too. Read about the Semitic god, where Allah was coined from.

So why are you then a Christian if you believe such about the Bible?
Re: When An Atheist Dies And Is About To Enter Hell by Maynman: 1:57pm On Apr 21, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

So why are you then a Christian if you believe such about the Bible?

I said I was?
Re: When An Atheist Dies And Is About To Enter Hell by Hismasterpiece(m): 2:39pm On Apr 21, 2022
Maynman:

I said I was?

Oh so you're not a Christian. What is our discussion even about sef?
Re: When An Atheist Dies And Is About To Enter Hell by Maynman: 2:42pm On Apr 21, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

Oh so you're not a Christian. What is our discussion even about sef?

Track back, it was you that deviated.
Re: When An Atheist Dies And Is About To Enter Hell by LordReed(m): 4:37pm On Apr 21, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

Hmm... So your argument against hell is it's perceived unfairness?

That is one of them. I can't imagine that a so called all wise god would choose to punish all types of wrongdoing with the same punishment when even we humans don't do that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Does The Bible Forbids Taking Of Alcoholic Drinks Or Strong Wine? / King Saul In Hell Fire - 2nd Encounter Of Bro.emmanuel Senayon / Who Authorized Sunday Worship?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.