Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,665 members, 7,816,716 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? (40526 Views)

Ogbonnaya Okoro Is Translating Physics Textbook To Igbo Language / How Do We Say NEPA Don Bring Light With Correct English / Dash: What Is The Correct English Word For Giving One Money Without Taking Back? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Moz22: 9:25am On Apr 13, 2022
jefdr001:
"I'm way older than you"; " I'm not that much older than you"; "how much older than you am I?"
oloyinbo oshi grin
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by BotherMleeper(m): 9:26am On Apr 13, 2022
Raymond0008:
Try to find out how many years am older than you,

I hope that answer help.

Am is bad english.

It's either I am, or I'm.
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Kondolisticated: 9:27am On Apr 13, 2022
Znation:

How Many Years I Take Senior You?

What is the correct english please!

How (many years) older do you think I am to you?

This is decent enough to me
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Lazenby007(m): 9:27am On Apr 13, 2022
I am your senior with how many years? Or With how many years am I your senior?
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Figger(m): 9:27am On Apr 13, 2022
By what age difference am I older than you.
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by backnbeta(f): 9:27am On Apr 13, 2022
Znation:

She said i should help her with the the correct english to this sentence;

By how many years am I older than you?
I'm older than you by how many years?
How much older than you am I?

Choose one undecided
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Oluwatosin6060: 9:27am On Apr 13, 2022
What's our age difference simple.
Moreso, there is nothing like "junior sister".The correct word for it is "younger sister"
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by attah38(m): 9:28am On Apr 13, 2022
What is our age gap or age difference?
What is the age gap or difference between you and I
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by farouk1989: 9:28am On Apr 13, 2022
Am very much older than you and if you care to know I will tell you the age gap
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Pharaoh4rin(m): 9:28am On Apr 13, 2022
What's our age difference?
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by alamscolo(m): 9:29am On Apr 13, 2022
garriAndsugar:
What's our age difference

This is the most suitable answer sir

What's our age difference, I just dey laugh here since reading people's comments

1 Like

Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by MARSHALDEMSA202(m): 9:29am On Apr 13, 2022
What's our age difference
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Obiebanks007(m): 9:30am On Apr 13, 2022
Op what you said is right
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by seyz91(m): 9:30am On Apr 13, 2022
Weldone wole soyinka cheesy
Thestormisover:
I think it should be " to what number of years am i much aged than yours
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Shyboyk(m): 9:30am On Apr 13, 2022
Znation:
Hello everyone.. Please i need help right now.

This is a very big temptation for me, because i'm a graduate and i don't want to fall my hand.

My junior sister of 14 years just asked me to help her in correcting this sentence.

The question seems easy, but i think i need help b4 i disgrace myself as a graduate.

I just take style do like say i wan make call, and decided to come to nairaland.

Someone should help, because she is waiting for me to finish my call.

"Though, from the suggestions i've got here, i've told her that; "What is our age differece" is the correct one.

But i'm still doubting it anyways, because from the question, the person asking that question is older. But "what is our age difference" dosn't specifies who is older as in the question;
(How Many Years I Take Senior You)

Maybe, there is no best grammer to that s
Sentence.

ANY?

Im older than you by how many years
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by seyz91(m): 9:30am On Apr 13, 2022
Abi
Giftlove11:
That sentence can only be use in the pigin form, there is no correct english to it.
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by seyz91(m): 9:31am On Apr 13, 2022
cheesy
Radionigeria:
Let me try sha.

How many years have i seniored you with. grin grin grin

English is dead and burried.
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Pharaoh4rin(m): 9:31am On Apr 13, 2022
Thestormisover:
I think it should be " to what number of years am i much aged than yours

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by ABCDEOLA: 9:31am On Apr 13, 2022
What is our age differences?

1 Like

Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Moneyboyz: 9:31am On Apr 13, 2022
As your elder sister, what is the age gap between you and I?
Or
Me being your elder sister, what is our age gap?
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by chubinwa(m): 9:32am On Apr 13, 2022
How many years do I take old pass you
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by icon8: 9:32am On Apr 13, 2022
By how many years am I older than you” lol.

Answer: “You are older by xx years” grin

1 Like

Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by AfroKnight: 9:33am On Apr 13, 2022
Raymond0008:
Try to find out how many years am older than you,

I hope that answer help.

Wetin be dis? cheesy grin

I give you 5/10
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by attah38(m): 9:33am On Apr 13, 2022
[quote author=Znation post=111886666]Hello everyone.. Please i need help right now.

This is a very big temptation for me, because i'm a graduate and i don't want to fall my hand.

My junior sister of 14 years just asked me to help her in correcting this sentence.

The question seems easy, but i think i need help b4 i disgrace myself as a graduate.

I just take style do like say i wan make call, and decided to come to nairaland.

Someone should help, because she is waiting for me to finish my call.

"Though, from the suggestions i've got here, i've told her that; "What is our age differece" is the correct one.

But i'm still doubting it anyways, because from the question, the person asking that question is older. But "what is our age difference" dosn't specifies who is older as in the question;
(How Many Years I Take Senior You)

Maybe, there is no best grammer to that s
Sentence.

ANY? What's the age difference between us?
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by airminem(f): 9:33am On Apr 13, 2022
backnbeta:

By how many years am I older than you?
I'm older than you by how many years?
How much older than you am I?
you see how many years english take senior you abi tongue
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by AfroKnight: 9:34am On Apr 13, 2022
Moneyboyz:
As your elder sister, what is the age gap between you and I?
Or
Me being your elder sister, what is our age gap?

I cannot be used as the subject of a sentence.

I give you 5.5/10
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by kollinz1234(m): 9:34am On Apr 13, 2022
ume1000:
how much older am I than you?
I think it should be 'how much older am I to you?
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Bfly: 9:35am On Apr 13, 2022
Kizyte:
I'm how many years older than you?

Exactly.
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Kayvee6(m): 9:35am On Apr 13, 2022
I've joined you looking for the right answer, and I came across this but thinking on 'how much', I've only heard that statement at point of exchange. Twill be great if more light is shed on that.
Znation:
are you sure about this.. I no wan fall my hand.. Thanks.
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Belleful: 9:35am On Apr 13, 2022
I'm older than you with how many yrs difference?
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by backnbeta(f): 9:35am On Apr 13, 2022
airminem:
you see how many years english take senior you abi tongue
undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How Federal Polytechnic Idah Spelt 'Acknowledgement' And 'Confirm' On Its Portal / 35 Candidates Miss UNILORIN Post-utme Over Indecent Dressing / Nigerian Students And Hilarious Exam Answers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.