Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,619 members, 7,816,544 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland (20347 Views)

How To Make 3,000 Naira or More weekly Online Reading NEWS / Join Buzzbreak For Free And Earn Money For Reading News / 9fm Will Pay You For Reading News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by Abbeytoy(m): 9:05am On Apr 21, 2022
I am addicted to Nairaland
Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by drlateef: 9:06am On Apr 21, 2022
Unlettered:
I feel this page is front page worthy, so i’ll take this opportunity to keep pleading with the northerners and muslims on this forum to keep maintaining their cool in terms of tribal wars or bigotry.

OP you re right, for any information i need out there, be it scam mails, job interviews or scholarship applications, all i do is type the sentence and add “Nairaland” at the end and voila! My question is answered.

I’ve been using nairaland for as long as i can remember and thanks to seun for the 10years + of fun and sorrow.

I really miss the type of good writers here when the literature section was filled with brilliant write up. Whatever happened. They made my day always by posting a story or epistle as some call it unfailingly.

In fact, for singling out northerners and Muslims, you are already biased and made false observations. Majority of attacks I see here are actually from Christian bigots. To the extent I wonder if there were Muslims at all on this forum that could defend themselves. You are completely off the point on that. When any case of Boko Haram or bandits are mentioned in news, it is certain to see Christian bigots making deafening noise attacking Muslims and Islam. But when IPOB is attacking and killing people in the east, there is equally graveyard silence from the Christian bigots. That’s the most common trend here.
Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by Cognitivereason: 9:07am On Apr 21, 2022
starbuck:
Nairaland.com that is always late to the party by the time the gbas gbos must have cooled off on twitter and Facebook But still then, the site is addictive...

Meanwhile, Seun and Lalasticlala make una look into your new moderators when it comes to pushing threads on front pages, most times, a particular post appears twice on front page by different posters

That not even the issue.

Sometimes some people post some amazing thread or questions..
But hardly get to front page

2 Likes

Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by Invitationn: 9:07am On Apr 21, 2022
DenreleDave:

U r kidding... Twitter is not hot with gba gbos than nairaland.....

Facebook is not worthy at all.

Seems u don't know too much to be comparing bullying here to Twitter... Twitter na kid play
Nairaland is crazy.
Some fool once edited my comment making me look like a fool grin
I was petty enough to dish it back even better and it ended there.
You can't do that on Twitter

1 Like

Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by Sureplug123(m): 9:10am On Apr 21, 2022
TiredHuman:
Despite the toxic commenters, the tribal warriors and the redpillers; nairalanders are actually funny & awesome.
it won't be fun if you remove the above.

1 Like

Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by Felimax(m): 9:10am On Apr 21, 2022
ityP:

I'm on this table with you. The tribal war here is fun and sweet. Nairaland is not for the soft hearted. You must grow thick skin to enjoy this forum. But all in all, it is my best site presently. No day passes without me strolling into Nairaland. May God bless Seun

Nairaland to me is like been at the newspaper stand under the bridge at computer village ikeja. There you find people so vast, so intelligent than they appear. It's always interesting listening to those guys. One thing I miss about Lagos.

Regardless, tribal war is not good, it is demoralizing but on NL I have come to understand that no tribe is actually the overall best, from here I have come to learn that the more you know about your people the better. It was on Nairaland I read about Benue people, I think Tiv and Ndoma and after about three days traveling from Lagos to Benue I saw how different we are as Nigerians and how beautiful we could all be if we learn to appreciate our similarities.

On traveling that route you will hardly find an Igbo or Delta restaurant but lots of Yoruba restaurant. Shey if I nor eat I go die? I had to eat from those Yoruba food joint and of course came to love them because of not just the food but their hospitality and knowing I am Deltan they tend to be more happy with me calling me Omo Ibo up and down. This is the beauty I am talking about, I read comment and learn people's tribe when they are fighting on Nairaland. There is hardly any tribe that has not been elevated or rubbished on NL. To me I found those sections very entertaining and educative.

Thanks bro

5 Likes

Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by Matthew2925(m): 9:10am On Apr 21, 2022
How about the toxic comment?
Here na jungle,na who get tactics go fit survive,I am the king I rule this forum.
You all should bow before me. grin
All hail the king of the Jungle.
Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by MadamOk(f): 9:11am On Apr 21, 2022
It is a nice forum to read news and cash cruise with comments

But you see those toxic comments ehn if you nor get mind you fit get heartache

God bless all Nlanders you are doing well
Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by Kelvinlytl(m): 9:13am On Apr 21, 2022
Am addicted to the site. Its entertaining n it keeps me busy.
Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by ityP(m): 9:15am On Apr 21, 2022
Felimax:

Nairaland to me is like been at the newspaper stand under the bridge at computer village ikeja. There you find people so vast, so intelligent than they appear. It's always interesting listening to those guys. One thing I miss about Lagos.

Regardless, tribal war is not good, it is demoralizing but on NL I have come to understand that no tribe is actually the overall best, from here I have come to learn that the more you know about your people the better. It was on Nairaland I read about Benue people, I think Tiv and Ndoma and after about three days traveling from Lagos to Benue I saw how different we are as Nigerians and how beautiful we could all be if we learn to appreciate our similarities.

On traveling that route you will hardly find an Igbo or Delta restaurant but lots of Yoruba restaurant. Shey if I nor eat I go die? I had to eat from those Yoruba food joint and of course came to love them because of not just the food but their hospitality and knowing I am Deltan they tend to be more happy with me calling me Omo Ibo up and down. This is the beauty I am talking about, I read comment and learn people's tribe when they are fighting on Nairaland. There is hardly any tribe that has not been elevated or rubbished on NL. To me I found those sections very entertaining and educative.

Thanks bro

Succinctly put
Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by promisedeco(m): 9:18am On Apr 21, 2022
iamme1234:
News wey punch don carry finish
After 9 hours he go come nairaland
Well seun self dey copy news sha.
What i dislike here is 19 year old girl or boy be advising 43 years old men or women.
Las las it's faceless forum
grin grin
Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by Viccano: 9:19am On Apr 21, 2022
The only place i read news is on Nairaland. I don't go a whole day without Nairaland
Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by Bfly: 9:19am On Apr 21, 2022
Since 2020. Dope
Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by Vinnie2000(m): 9:21am On Apr 21, 2022
Invitationn:

Adding to your piece.
The tribal war on nairaland, especially between the Igbos and the Yorubas was birthed by Nnamdi Kanu's rhetorics.
The Igbo elements on nairaland started amplifying whatever they hear on radio Biafra on this platform. Calling Nigeria a zoo, Yorubas are betrayals, Afonja, Fulanis are zombies etc
The 'Yoruba Muslim' divisive tag was also introduced by NK to divide the Yorubas.
The Yorubas had enough of the BS and turned the table.
Hahaha. You have just Alluded to my point dat Buhari/APC bought about Tribal war in NL after 2015!. Who or wat birthed Nnamdi Kanu? Was it Bubu's ineptitude, nepotism and failure in leadership? If Yaradua was our president, he would have called NK to a roundtable and discussed with him. But Buhari is so Deficient as a person! He even called Igbos 5%. He and his supporters are the problem of Nigeria and Nairaland!
Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by Majesty33(m): 9:22am On Apr 21, 2022
The tribal war has an exhilarating effect and also add humor to the it. Somehow every nairalander has something to yab other tribes. Mehn its fun, forget the tribal war.
Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by Bfly: 9:22am On Apr 21, 2022
judatech:
I'm addicted to NL...i need therapy

Nairaland is a theraphy. Look within.

1 Like

Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by wiseone28: 9:25am On Apr 21, 2022
ityP:

Exactly. One person was arguing with me that nairaland needs to upgrade. They don't need to upgrade anything. The simplicity of the site makes Nigerians easily access it.
Heavy site is always annoying especially where there's bad network

3 Likes

Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by Nobody: 9:25am On Apr 21, 2022
Vinnie2000:
My brother, TELL URSELF THE TRUTH! Nairaland was very peaceful before 2015. It was Buhari's collosal failure and the Annoying support he was getting from some Yoruba/APC Goons dat brought about NLTribal war as other tribes became Angry! Before 2015, words such as Afonja, cone.head, brownroofs,etc was NEVER used!

The day your farm gets wet,is the first day of rainy season to you.

to you,the tribalism is when your tribe is at disadvantage side.

You won't NL was filled with tribalistics,because you were the one at oppressing side. Notherners were called all sorts of names,but to you it was nothing because they didn't fight back.

You just wake up to know NL is full tribalistics when Igbos tried to play their games on Yoruba.

So started calling Yoruba all sorts of names? Igbos.

You invented divisive names like "Yoruba Muslims"? Igbos.

Who created the tribalism here?

Northerners would not fight back before 2015,that was why the peace remained.

1 Like

Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by TiredHuman: 9:27am On Apr 21, 2022
gentleguy1975:
you forgot to mention the feminists
and the so called "simps"
Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by gentleguy1975: 9:28am On Apr 21, 2022
TiredHuman:
and the simps grin
lol
Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by Tenifayo23: 9:28am On Apr 21, 2022
With immense joy I shall comment on this thread,
If not for nairaland, where I for dey?
Truly, nairaland has changed from what it used to be. It used to be very educative, informative and entertaining.
I am where I am today all thanks to nairaland. I recall when I was in school. I was struggling with second class lower as at 200L second semester. But with the words of advice and motivation from the great people of this great forum, I finished with a strong second class upper.
My moral was very low when i realized achieving my dream career might never come through when I looked at the competition ahead. The thought of how to emerge among the best two from thousands of candidates from my state without connection was more than enough to send a cold chill down to my spinal cord. However, after reading the sojourn of some great nairalanders and how they were able to achieve similar feat gave me more than enough confidence that I can do it too and alas, I didn't just do it but I even emerged as the overall best in my state.
Let me just stop here. If wishes were horses, then I do wish for nairaland to return to the good old days.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by TiredHuman: 9:29am On Apr 21, 2022
Sureplug123:
it won't be fun if you remove the above.
As in
Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by Arisenews2: 9:29am On Apr 21, 2022
TheScientist:

10years? Wow!

Same here too. Been on nairaland for over ten years, and I visit daily.
Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by adolfHitler1934: 9:29am On Apr 21, 2022
TheScientist:
Seun

Mynd44

Lalasticlala
Why are you calling all these Thiefnibu urchins.
Ooh...lest I forget, there's this other man abi na boy...
Seunmsg.

I wish I will see these urchins in real life to give them ten knocks each.
Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by ityP(m): 9:30am On Apr 21, 2022
wiseone28:
Heavy site is always annoying especially where there's bad network

Facts
Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by Nobody: 9:32am On Apr 21, 2022
DenreleDave:

Which one has my stupid father or idiiot mother lineage done that can be compared to seun nairaland?
fixed

1 Like

Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by Satazaa: 9:34am On Apr 21, 2022
mu2sa2:
There's a tendency on nl for adherents of a particular faith to heap insults and other unprintables on the founder and members of one faith. This uncouth behaviour should be stopped especially when the people being insulted will never, ever insult the founder of the religion of the abusers. Hallelujah! Allahu Akbar! God is One!
thanks a lot this is great
Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by solexjames(m): 9:40am On Apr 21, 2022
Na werey full d forum
Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by Nobody: 9:40am On Apr 21, 2022
drlateef:

In fact, for singling out northerners and Muslims, you are already biased and made false observations. Majority of attacks I see here are actually from Christian bigots. To the extent I wonder if there were Muslims at all on this forum that could defend themselves. You are completely off the point on that. When any case of Boko Haram or bandits are mentioned in news, it is certain to see Christian bigots making deafening noise attacking Muslims and Islam. But when IPOB is attacking and killing people in the east, there is equally graveyard silence from the Christian bigots. That’s the most common trend here.

You said it all.

It was my cousin who told about a Nigerian Christian Forum where any post related to Islam would be hijacked with mockery.

I asked him what was it? He mentioned NL.

We met,and decided,alongside my other friends,to join the forum with our Muslim names and fight the bigots.

Alhamdulillah,now religious bigots are put in place.

Now

1 Like

Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by Nobody: 9:41am On Apr 21, 2022
drlateef:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Do I Embed Youtube Video On Nairaland / Dey Play, Idan, No Evidence, Other Popular Nigerian Slangs In 2023 / Smartest Romanceland Ladies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.