Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,595 members, 7,816,469 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland - Nairaland / General (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland (20341 Views)

How To Make 3,000 Naira or More weekly Online Reading NEWS / Join Buzzbreak For Free And Earn Money For Reading News / 9fm Will Pay You For Reading News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by EmmaLege: 9:43am On Apr 21, 2022
TheScientist:
Other news outlets are good. They are living up to their mandate. However, there is something special about Nairaland. The comments from young and vibrant nairalanders, make the news extra-interesting. Although some comments are divisive, most of them are educative.

My first day on Nairaland was a bliss. I learnt so much that my brain was almost filled to capacity. What amazes me the most is the ability of nairalanders to analyze every statement and decode the real intent behind such statement.

Nairalanders are truly intelligent. The only thing i hate about Nairaland is tribal war.

1000%
Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by Lifeless2018: 9:44am On Apr 21, 2022
A nobody talking
Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by Lifeless2018: 9:45am On Apr 21, 2022
A nobody talking
How about the toxic comment?
Here na jungle,na who get tactics go fit survive,I am the king I rule this forum.
You all should bow before me. grin
Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by victorDanladi: 9:46am On Apr 21, 2022
descent96:
My brother Nairaland is the best forum to be,for news,infortainment and political updates,no doubt is the surest plug for educative materials. As for the tribal wars and all that,truth be told, it became so prevalent in this forum ever since this divisive govt came into power. Nairaland was not known for this to the best of knowledge, and ever since I joined the forum, I've not come across such level of discord and hatred for one another in this country as seen in the forum in the past few years. However,this narrative can still be changed if only we'd understand that the politicians that instilled this among us are really reaping off on us and we are tearing each other apart,hence should vent our anger and frustration on them not on each other in this forum.

You are probably new on nairaland

Nairaland has been like this since GEJ era
Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by Invitationn: 9:49am On Apr 21, 2022
Vinnie2000:
Hahaha. You have just Alluded to my point dat Buhari/APC bought about Tribal war in NL after 2015!. Who or wat birthed Nnamdi Kanu? Was it Bubu's ineptitude, nepotism and failure in leadership? If Yaradua was our president, he would have called NK to a roundtable and discussed with him. But Buhari is so Deficient as a person! He even called Igbos 5%. He and his supporters are the problem of Nigeria and Nairaland!
Nnamdi Kanu is as bigoted as Buhari, you'll agree with me.
He believed in Nigeria during GEJ's disastrous reign but suddenly, Nigeria became a Zoo when a Northerner became president.
Yar'Adua gave amnesty to militants probably because their course had some sort of legitimacy and they're tactical enough. He also couldn't afford to see pipelines getting blown up everytime. It's rational to do what he did.
Also, Jonathan as the VP and a son of the Niger delta adds to the appeal of the amnesty idea.
Buhari could probably have handled the NK's issue more appropriately but I he didn't find him much of threat.
Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by OneKinGuy(m): 9:49am On Apr 21, 2022
Nairaland is the only place where I get all Nigerian and some international news. Like I don't even visit any news site, Maybe only if I google for something and the sites appear in first page.
Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by Princepioneer(m): 9:57am On Apr 21, 2022
A day without opening NAIRALAND isn't complete.... To the extent my colleagues at work will be like

1 Like

Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by teejaylarry: 10:04am On Apr 21, 2022
If you want to live long and live healthy you’ve to be more addicted to NL, 3 things that give me joy, credit alerts, kpekus and NL that’s all
Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by Stevecrown01(m): 10:04am On Apr 21, 2022
I can't do without access nairaland for a day..... The most legit site when it comes to news. Expecially the romance part is spectaculous.
Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by dododawa1: 10:06am On Apr 21, 2022
Na IPOB/PIG FIRST starred tribe war and we,son of oduduwa will not agreed with DEVELOPED.
Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by Brightdude007: 10:06am On Apr 21, 2022
Nairaland for educative and interesting information, if only you know how many job scams nairaland has saved me from in the past especially from GLND.
Nairaland kills boredom. If you feel you are crazy, you must find a person crazier than you. NO KING/QUEEN OF BANTER HERE

1 Like

Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by haabidah666: 10:22am On Apr 21, 2022
We want more emoticons.........
Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by elinaxy(m): 10:29am On Apr 21, 2022
I've become too addicted to nairaland even to the extentd I don't care about other things on my phone, once I'm with my phone it's either I'm on nairaland reading threads and interesting comments that follows up or nothing.

Brilliant funny folks grin
Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by Babalakin34: 10:32am On Apr 21, 2022
TheScientist:
Other news outlets are good. They are living up to their mandate. However, there is something special about Nairaland. The comments from young and vibrant nairalanders, make the news extra-interesting. Although some comments are divisive, most of them are educative.

My first day on Nairaland was a bliss. I learnt so much that my brain was almost filled to capacity. What amazes me the most is the ability of nairalanders to analyze every statement and decode the real intent behind such statement.

Nairalanders are truly intelligent. The only thing i hate about Nairaland is tribal war.
The mods are trying but they need to step up, these days some very vital news only make it to FP as stale news after two or three days. Outrageous!!
Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by 79733139(m): 10:35am On Apr 21, 2022
Seun - please could you add the ignore button on the forum? It would be a way to prevent me from reading some people's comments and to also block them from reading mine.

1 Like

Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by RedCentaur(m): 10:38am On Apr 21, 2022
I have learnt alot on this forum. Ranging from Ubunja's miseducation down to NwaAmaikpe's rantings.

Beautiful people here, I tell you.
Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by emmy512: 10:40am On Apr 21, 2022
Comments from wise,foolish, learned and even the tribal bigots help me see from all possible angles before i arrive at my own conclusion of what the news actually is and the backstory.
I love nl. I sometimes wish i was a mod so i could hit some dimwits 700 years ban. Even assist in making sure not just moniker but ip is also banned.

1 Like

Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by Emarvel(m): 10:52am On Apr 21, 2022
As regards this Nairaland, i'm not really moved by the news but rather the forum where we discuss and i get to know what someone else think about the issue being discuss, it makes me Happy.
Thank you Seun for this forum........
Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by OdefaGirl(f): 11:11am On Apr 21, 2022
Here na jungle,na who get tactics go fit survive,I am the king I rule this forum.

Getat
Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by highoctane: 11:18am On Apr 21, 2022
Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! How many timz I say say shut up. See you see king.
If king dey thirst you, go-to that your Kobo Kobo bush village go collect raffia crown
Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by Gwan2(m): 11:43am On Apr 21, 2022
Factually, the tribal slur and toxic comments make Nairaland fun.

Sometimes I see a nonsense post on Instagram, when I read comments, I see people being polite or politically correct with their insults or condemnation, even though the post is despicable. I always come to Nairaland to find raw insults that befit such scenarios

One advice to bachelors, before posting your wedding pictures inviting Nairalanders, please do your due diligence and ask your close friends if your wife make sense before posting your wedding pictures on Nairaland, if not…hmmm, Nairaland go enter you sotey you go ask yourself if you carry clear eye go carry your wife so grin …I pity one bros wey post him wedding pics on Nairaland last time grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by Eben24: 12:01pm On Apr 21, 2022
There is sense in every nonsense.. so toxic comments contribute to nairaland being interesting as well. grin cool
Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by doshiyad1: 12:03pm On Apr 21, 2022
Unzerious:
Love the Banters. Best place to laugh my Lungs out.

Honestly! am in with you. God bless us all. Thank you Seun for this forum cool cool tongue tongue shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by etazi0001: 12:37pm On Apr 21, 2022
Me that hardly comment on many post here, but this one i must, however i love nairaland and i think we should do giveaway to the most onlineres.
Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by etazi0001: 12:44pm On Apr 21, 2022
Gwan2:
Factually, the tribal slur and toxic comments make Nairaland fun.

Sometimes I see a nonsense post on Instagram, when I read comments, I see people being polite or politically correct with their insults or condemnation, even though the post is despicable. I always come to Nairaland to find raw insults that befit such scenarios

One advice to bachelors, before posting your wedding pictures inviting Nairalanders, please do your due diligence and ask your close friends if your wife make sense before posting your wedding pictures on Nairaland, if not…hmmm, Nairaland go enter you sotey you go ask yourself if you carry clear eye go carry your wife so grin …I pity one bros wey post him wedding pics on Nairaland last time grin
Abeg post the link i wan see the pictures
Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by Sleekfingers: 12:46pm On Apr 21, 2022
Felimax:
Tribal war is another thing that makes it all the more beautiful.

Like I am getting so addicted.
During Lent my wife was begging me to take a fast with Nairaland instead of food but I could not.

Great people, great forum!

Tribal war makes it more beautiful abi? Another confused youth spotted.
Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by Grandmeister(m): 12:58pm On Apr 21, 2022
descent96:
My brother Nairaland is the best forum to be,for news,infortainment and political updates,no doubt is the surest plug for educative materials. As for the tribal wars and all that,truth be told, it became so prevalent in this forum ever since this divisive govt came into power. Nairaland was not known for this to the best of knowledge, and ever since I joined the forum, I've not come across such level of discord and hatred for one another in this country as seen in the forum in the past few years. However,this narrative can still be changed if only we'd understand that the politicians that instilled this among us are really reaping off on us and we are tearing each other apart,hence should vent our anger and frustration on them not on each other in this forum.
For some of us who joined in 2011 and earlier, it got to a crescendo during the 2015 election. APC brought a level of divisive tribalism that was unprecedented in nairaland. Remember egift and co? Gbawe too was a closet tribalist. Only beaf tackled them head on without tribal slurs. Beaf is an unforgettable legend on this forum. I have come to accept the tribal mudlsining here. I even relish it now.
Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by benzzyno(m): 1:19pm On Apr 21, 2022
Used to be really fun here.. Until kids started having smart phones.. This days i just stick to front page.
Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by Felimax(m): 1:51pm On Apr 21, 2022
Sleekfingers:

Tribal war makes it more beautiful abi? Another confused youth spotted.

Shift go dat side! With your smelling mouth! See your life!
Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by Kbs468(m): 1:52pm On Apr 21, 2022
iCauseTrouble:
Nairaland is my most visited website. It is also my source to verify any news. I don't even know of any other news websites or blogs aside nairaland.
I love nairaland, Seun and the Snake Master (Lalasticlala).
Long live Nairaland
Ofcourse Bro. You actually spoke my mind as I always come back to Nairaland and copy interesting News item and then post them on my secondary school classmate WhatsApp group such that some of them that are already vieing for political offices in their various States of Origin do send me Data in appreciation of my efforts.

Myself too is preparing and poising for the year 2031 Electoral Year for me to Contest for the PRESIDENCY OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA (By the special Grace of God Almighty)

Infact, My Life experience Book would be coming out before then and it shall be All encompassing as Nairaland too would be captured in the book because I used to be a prominent member of the NYSC thread for 2015, 2016 Batch A & B, as well as Batch B Stream I 2016 that I belong

We actually nicknamed the group as GOLDEN CITY with the thread owner (LogoDwhiz) as the president and myself as the ATTORNEY GENERAL AND MINISTER OF INFORMATION angry grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by Jonfort(m): 2:20pm On Apr 21, 2022
TheScientist:

I’ve been enjoying Nairaland since Symbian phone
Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by Oloki: 2:36pm On Apr 21, 2022
TheScientist:

We wish the spirit can reveal to us what the SMH stands for.

Shake my head

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Do I Embed Youtube Video On Nairaland / Dey Play, Idan, No Evidence, Other Popular Nigerian Slangs In 2023 / Smartest Romanceland Ladies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.