Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,659 members, 7,816,690 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland (20352 Views)

How To Make 3,000 Naira or More weekly Online Reading NEWS / Join Buzzbreak For Free And Earn Money For Reading News / 9fm Will Pay You For Reading News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by ceejay80s(m): 8:41am On Apr 21, 2022
TheScientist:
Other news outlets are good. They are living up to their mandate. However, there is something special about Nairaland. The comments from young and vibrant nairalanders, make the news extra-interesting. Although some comments are divisive, most of them are educative.

My first day on Nairaland was a bliss. I learnt so much that my brain was almost filled to capacity. What amazes me the most is the ability of nairalanders to analyze every statement and decode the real intent behind such statement.

Nairalanders are truly intelligent. The only thing i hate about Nairaland is tribal war.
Ur own na prefer....me love it, I wake up, eat on,shit on and sleep on nairaland .
But I have a job
Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by dalass(f): 8:41am On Apr 21, 2022
manchyme:

E shock you.
I'm over 12 yrs here.
Any news you see on front is 99% authentic.

Says a monicker registered in June 2021! shocked
Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by helinues: 8:41am On Apr 21, 2022
MadamNneka:
[s][/s]
lol my boys might accumulating new comments who knows.
so keep spreading comments so it'll reach a reasonable quality.

Hehehehe
God bless those boys for me
they're angels ooo
me Mooh247 Omenkalives and you will celebrate our 40 years anniversary here oo
e dey sweet me.

One of the reasons you have been avoiding to engage with other NL intellectually cos gbagaun wont let you. 6 years counting yet no improvement

You actually have a lot to worry about

1 Like

Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by Kizyte(m): 8:43am On Apr 21, 2022
TheScientist:
Other news outlets are good. They are living up to their mandate. However, there is something special about Nairaland. The comments from young and vibrant nairalanders, make the news extra-interesting. Although some comments are divisive, most of them are educative.

My first day on Nairaland was a bliss. I learnt so much that my brain was almost filled to capacity. What amazes me the most is the ability of nairalanders to analyze every statement and decode the real intent behind such statement.

Nairalanders are truly intelligent. The only thing i hate about Nairaland is tribal war.
That of tribal war, na for Nairaland children
Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by ityP(m): 8:43am On Apr 21, 2022
Felimax:
Tribal war is another thing that makes it all the more beautiful.

Like I am getting so addicted.
During Lent my wife was begging me to take a fast with Nairaland instead of food but I could not.

Great people, great forum!

I'm on this table with you. The tribal war here is fun and sweet. Nairaland is not for the soft hearted. You must grow thick skin to enjoy this forum. But all in all, it is my best site presently. No day passes without me strolling into Nairaland. May God bless Seun

2 Likes

Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by helinues: 8:44am On Apr 21, 2022
Mooh247:

I promise to buy him brighters grammar, and pay for his therapist when he decides to seek help

He could have swallowed his pride long time and let us buy him the Brighter Grammar but ego and pride wont let him accept it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by dalass(f): 8:44am On Apr 21, 2022
Seun4blue:
Nairaland helps you manage your data. with 2g and 20MB you will read and unread.

How about comments from Swalomir, Iyaebe, False prophet, Righteousness and the likes. Those guys could be nairaland employees

Where did you put Saphiere and NwaAmaikpe? grin

1 Like

Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by olaniyilukman(m): 8:45am On Apr 21, 2022
Nairalanders are great people of diverse ethnicity and opinion but unite under one umbrella called Nigeria.. Nairaland is where learn new things everyday..
Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by Nobody: 8:45am On Apr 21, 2022
BigYash:
Twitter is more interesting. Very intelligent people there.. Here na ipob and afronja matter them carry for head..

See na the same people wey dey here dey there. Tell twitter to make their site anonymous like Nairaland and see that, theirs would be the worst. The day Nairaland ensures that we have profile pictures on each account, just watch how everyone go begin sound posh.

Twitter is full of hypocrites while Nairaland is full of hypo-crazy (dem ready to fight, track, and kee you grin)

1 Like

Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by ityP(m): 8:46am On Apr 21, 2022
wiseone28:
The good thing is the site is lite even with 2G network you can still access it

Exactly. One person was arguing with me that nairaland needs to upgrade. They don't need to upgrade anything. The simplicity of the site makes Nigerians easily access it.

1 Like

Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by Vinnie2000(m): 8:46am On Apr 21, 2022
Moneyboyz:
Tribal war began with helinuus, manabbqgrills and the rest who are too daft to see Nigerians are suffering, I think these urchins started these tribal war as cruise but were contacted by some politicians and being paid to instill violence and cause division.

Their influence gave rise to the term others like tinubu advocate and the rest and their ranks are growing.
Ban one acc, 10 more will rise.
THANK YOU SIR! Helinius, MannaVulturegrills and other APC goons are mostly responsible for the Tribal gbasgbos we see on NL. Buhari has failed Woefully, yet they praise him to high heavens. Angry Nigerians now hurl insults @dem and they retaliated even more uncouthly! The result is Tribal-toned violence. Na d bitter truth be dis!

1 Like

Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by Rick9(m): 8:48am On Apr 21, 2022
Nairaland has some truly intelligent folks Sha. No caps
Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by Invitationn: 8:49am On Apr 21, 2022
TheScientist:

Thank you for flattering Nairalanders.
I'm going to be a spoiler here though.
On nairaland, most commenters have a side. Barely no one is objective.
Objectivity is not in Nairalanders' dictionary.
If they don't see an issue through tribal lenses, they'd see it through religious or political lenses.
Like you, I have learnt a lot on nairaland. I have also met few objective and intellectuals here who argues with facts from reasonable source. Others just keep making everyone else dumber
Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by iamfactor(m): 8:49am On Apr 21, 2022
Great forum for Great people
OP u see that tribal war u mentioned... forgerit it's in our DNA.
Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by Nobody: 8:50am On Apr 21, 2022
Vinnie2000:
He is VERY CORRECT! In Jonathan's administration, This NL Tribalism and ethnic fights was non-existent! After Buhari Nepotism/Failure, some Yorubas were still supporting him! In anger, others called dem Afonja while they retaliated with words such as Flat.heads, IPOB miscreants, etc.

You simply forget sir.

Before Buhari,Igbos would always call Northerners with different names like abokis,boko-boys,almajiri etc.

But northerners were and are still very few here,so Igbos would get away with it. But Igbos met their match when they turn against Yoruba who're equally too many here. When Igbos feel the heat,they now cry that NL turns tribal war field.

I saw how Igbos would hijack any muslim thread,before northerners ended it.

Now Igbos are at receiving end of the tribalism,so they preach peace.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by ityP(m): 8:50am On Apr 21, 2022
starbuck:
Nairaland.com that is always late to the party by the time the gbas gbos must have cooled off on twitter and Facebook But still then, the site is addictive...

Meanwhile, Seun and Lalasticlala make una look into your new moderators when it comes to pushing threads on front pages, most times, a particular post appears twice on front page by different posters

Twitter that forever respects Nairaland? It trended yesterday. Everyone admitted on twitter yesterday that the gbas gbos here is incomparable to other social media sites. Facebook people are no longer relevant. The childishness makes that site an eye sore. Twitter no carry people for Facebook as anything. Worse is Instagram. That is where we have the YES SIRS and YES MAS. They agree to everything. No one has a mind of their own there. Celebs love it there.

1 Like

Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by DenreleDave(m): 8:51am On Apr 21, 2022
Paxxcarl:
Nairaland is washed
With tribalistic bigots
Filled with trolls
Interface looking like Microsoft 2007 and internet explorer

Which one has ur father or mother lineage done that can be compared to seun nairaland?
Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by Idaytesj29(m): 8:51am On Apr 21, 2022
Felimax:
Tribal war is another thing that makes it all the more beautiful.

Like I am getting so addicted.
During Lent my wife was begging me to take a fast with Nairaland instead of food but I could not.

Great people, great forum!

Nothing is fascinating or interesting about tribal war, tribalism or tribal banters that goes on here. Its barbaric, senless, unecessary, shows how rude and lacking in respect we are to ourselves, it further shows we are filled with hatred for people that does not fit our standard or culture or clan and its definitely not godly and to realize that most people here that do this belong to one religion or the other further makes the situation more pitiable.

Tribal wars must end on nairaland.

I have gradually start to report any tribal war comments I come across on this forum.
We should create a hate-less society for ourselves not a hate filled one.
Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by Layi4real(m): 8:51am On Apr 21, 2022
Tribal war even better. I have those fighting this Religion war.
Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by DenreleDave(m): 8:52am On Apr 21, 2022
starbuck:
Nairaland.com that is always late to the party by the time the gbas gbos must have cooled off on twitter and Facebook But still then, the site is addictive...

Meanwhile, Seun and Lalasticlala make una look into your new moderators when it comes to pushing threads on front pages, most times, a particular post appears twice on front page by different posters

U r kidding... Twitter is not hot with gba gbos than nairaland.....

Facebook is not worthy at all.

Seems u don't know too much to be comparing bullying here to Twitter... Twitter na kid play

1 Like

Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by Idaytesj29(m): 8:53am On Apr 21, 2022
Layi4real:
Tribal war even better. I have those fighting this Religion war.

None of the two is good. They are all bad energy
Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by BigYash: 8:56am On Apr 21, 2022
inspirator1:

See na the same people wey dey here dey there. Tell twitter to make their site anonymous like Nairaland and see that, theirs would be the worst. The day Nairaland ensures that we have profile pictures on each account, just watch how everyone go begin sound posh.

Twitter is full of hypocrites while
Nairaland is full of hypo-crazy (dem ready to fight, track, and kee you grin)
grin
Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by helinues: 8:56am On Apr 21, 2022
MadamNneka:

Rule 2

Don't just mentioned mods, tell them how I have broken the rule 2.

FiFA would have been better, Don't you think?
Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by gentleguy1975: 8:57am On Apr 21, 2022
Ironically for me,it is those comments that makes me not to be able to cover all the threads!mhen, comments dey nairaland o! Talk about the good the bad and the ugly

Infact, I dare not read nairaland comments outside so that people won't think I don get mental issue!

1 Like

Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by Invitationn: 8:59am On Apr 21, 2022
Khaleepha5681:

You simply forget sir.

Before Buhari,Igbos would always call Northerners with different names like abokis,boko-boys,almajiri etc.

But northerners were and are still very few here,so Igbos would get away with it. But Igbos met their match when they turn against Yoruba who're equally too many here. When Igbos feel the heat,they now cry that NL turns tribal war field.

Adding to your piece.
The tribal war on nairaland, especially between the Igbos and the Yorubas was birthed by Nnamdi Kanu's rhetorics.
The Igbo elements on nairaland started amplifying whatever they hear on radio Biafra on this platform. Calling Nigeria a zoo, Yorubas are betrayals, Afonja, Fulanis are zombies etc
The 'Yoruba Muslim' divisive tag was also introduced by NK to divide the Yorubas.
The Yorubas had enough of the BS and turned the table.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by gentleguy1975: 9:00am On Apr 21, 2022
TiredHuman:
Despite the toxic commenters, the tribal warriors and the redpillers; nairalanders are actually funny & awesome.
you forgot to mention the feminists

1 Like

Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by seyz91(m): 9:02am On Apr 21, 2022
King don't call hinself king but people do that for him,
people recognize him for that
How about the toxic comment?
Here na jungle,na who get tactics go fit survive,I am the king I rule this forum.
You all should bow before me. grin
Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by Vinnie2000(m): 9:04am On Apr 21, 2022
Khaleepha5681:

You simply forget sir.

My brother, TELL URSELF THE TRUTH! Nairaland was very peaceful before 2015. It was Buhari's collosal failure and the Annoying support he was getting from some Yoruba/APC Goons dat brought about NLTribal war as other tribes became Angry! Before 2015, words such as Afonja, cone.head, brownroofs,etc was NEVER used!

1 Like

Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by Polynek(m): 9:04am On Apr 21, 2022
I always come to NAIRALAND after my daily activities to get some trending gist and learn few tinx from different sections, the fact remains dat everyone will not like NAIRALAND, some prefer Facebook, Twitter, Instagram ETC na matter of individual preference

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Do I Embed Youtube Video On Nairaland / Dey Play, Idan, No Evidence, Other Popular Nigerian Slangs In 2023 / Barcanista Blackmail: My Stand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.