Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,654 members, 7,816,682 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland (20350 Views)

How To Make 3,000 Naira or More weekly Online Reading NEWS / Join Buzzbreak For Free And Earn Money For Reading News / 9fm Will Pay You For Reading News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by manchyme: 8:16am On Apr 21, 2022
TheScientist:

10years? Wow!

E shock you.
I'm over 12 yrs here.
Any news you see on front is 99% authentic.
Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by IsaacRocks(m): 8:17am On Apr 21, 2022
How about the toxic comment?
Here na jungle,na who get tactics go fit survive,I am the king I rule this forum.
You all should bow before me. grin

I like the fact that it's nobody that posted this grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by Canvass: 8:18am On Apr 21, 2022
TheScientist:
Other news outlets are good. They are living up to their mandate. However, there is something special about Nairaland. The comments from young and vibrant nairalanders, make the news extra-interesting. Although some comments are divisive, most of them are educative.

My first day on Nairaland was a bliss. I learned so much that my brain was almost filled. What amazes me the most is the ability of nairalanders to analyze every statement and decode the real intent behind such a statement.

Nairalanders are truly intelligent. The only thing I hate about Nairaland is tribal war.

Nairaland entails what you said and so much more. I maintain that it's our local Quora and Reddit combined. For instance, as a writer, you need alpha readers, beta readers, proofreaders and critics before you can publish and these cost a lump sum of money. However, writers in the Literature Section of Nairaland are getting these things for free, both quantitatively and qualitatively.
I just adore Nairaland despite more crazy people domiciled in the comment section. They add gloss to pages with their divergent, even if abnormal, submissions.

1 Like

Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by Okortor: 8:20am On Apr 21, 2022
I 100% agree with you on this " Nairalanders are truly intelligent " quote author=TheScientist post=112123536]Other news outlets are good. They are living up to their mandate. However, there is something special about Nairaland. The comments from young and vibrant nairalanders, make the news extra-interesting. Although some comments are divisive, most of them are educative.

My first day on Nairaland was a bliss. I learnt so much that my brain was almost filled to capacity. What amazes me the most is the ability of nairalanders to analyze every statement and decode the real intent behind such statement.

Nairalanders are truly intelligent. The only thing i hate about Nairaland is tribal war.[/quote]
Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by Felimax(m): 8:20am On Apr 21, 2022
Jack005:
Tribal war makes it more beautiful? A married man saying such nonsense!

It maybe nonsense to you because of your level of awareness. You could ask if you don't understand my submission rather than trying to make a fool of your entire generation.

Do you know to every war there are gains?

1 Like

Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by GeneralDae: 8:20am On Apr 21, 2022
phemmyfour:
Nairaland news comes late. I prefer Twitter to get latest news as at when they are fresh. NL is only good for non headline gists
They also add some fake news too. For me, any news from Gazette or whatever, I always check again but on Nairaland that magazine makes front page all the time.
Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by Jack005(m): 8:23am On Apr 21, 2022
Felimax:

It maybe nonsense to you because of your level of awareness. You could ask if you don't understand my submission rather than trying to a fool of your entire generation.

Do you know to every war there are gains?
.. What gains in tribal ware rather than abuse, divisiness, name calling and insults.. We should always try to discourage those who follow such path, it's not right at all.
Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by saintnegroid(m): 8:24am On Apr 21, 2022
TheScientist:
Other news outlets are good. They are living up to their mandate. However, there is something special about Nairaland. The comments from young and vibrant nairalanders, make the news extra-interesting. Although some comments are divisive, most of them are educative.

My first day on Nairaland was a bliss. I learnt so much that my brain was almost filled to capacity. What amazes me the most is the ability of nairalanders to analyze every statement and decode the real intent behind such statement.

Nairalanders are truly intelligent. The only thing i hate about Nairaland is tribal war.
you are right... Whenever I'm bored I always come here to laugh although some comments are always annoying
Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by helinues: 8:26am On Apr 21, 2022
Mooh247:

Nairaland have humbled him

More than humbled self.

Imagine the guy calling himself wotowoto guy.. Only if he understands the meaning in Yoruba
Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by helinues: 8:27am On Apr 21, 2022
MadamNneka:
dey whine yourself cheesy
I like the way you dey give yourself hope.
Hehehehehe it makes those guys happy.

me and you go celebrate 40 years anniversary here

Where are your wotowoto boys... Tell them to switch i want to tell them something

Btw, only if you have an idea the meaning of wotowoto in Yoruba, you wont be calling the gbegile guys such degrading name
Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by MadamNneka(f): 8:28am On Apr 21, 2022
[s]
helinues:

More than humbled self.

Imagine the guy calling himself wotowoto guy.. Only if he understands the meaning in Yoruba
[/s]
always giving yourself false hope.
I swear I'm enjoying this

Hehehehehe
Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by Btruth: 8:29am On Apr 21, 2022
Here na jungle,na who get tactics go fit survive,I am the king I rule this forum.
yinmu
Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by MadamNneka(f): 8:31am On Apr 21, 2022
[s]
helinues:

Where are your wotowoto boys... Tell them to switch i want to tell them something

Btw, only if you have an idea the meaning of wotowoto in Yoruba, you wont be calling the gbegile guys such degrading name
[/s]
lol my boys might accumulating new comments who knows.
so keep spreading comments so it'll reach a reasonable quality.

Hehehehe
God bless those boys for me
they're angels ooo
me Mooh247 Omenkalives and you will celebrate our 40 years anniversary here oo
e dey sweet me.
Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by Mooh247: 8:31am On Apr 21, 2022
helinues:

More than humbled self.

grin the boy hasn't left his Anambra State before he knows nothing, plus he displays since of autism and that's why I stopped replying him not to fustrate him further
Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by dalass(f): 8:31am On Apr 21, 2022

You really think you are king? cheesy of what? cheesy shocked

Thanks OP jare cheesy
Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by Crucialgem(m): 8:31am On Apr 21, 2022
Op. You are on point, sometimes when I interact with my guys on a topic they are always surprise where I get my own news from and my intellectual argument

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by helinues: 8:31am On Apr 21, 2022
MadamNneka:
[s][/s]
always giving yourself false hope.
I swear I'm enjoying this

Hehehehehe

Sure, you should now be enjoying yourself as there is no need of giving yourself fruitless work to do all in the name of cancelling of comments. You should have added weight self..
Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by Felimax(m): 8:32am On Apr 21, 2022
Jack005:
.. What gains in tribal ware rather than abuse, divisiness, name calling and insults.. We should always try to discourage those who follow such path, it's not right at all.

To every left there is a right.
Stop sounding as if the money spent on your education is a waste.

I express deep thought you may not quickly understand because I do a lot of mafia reading. So what you don't know, you don't know.

On this same forum they have brought my tribe and said so many things about us and the most beautiful thing in that thread was that I knew and learnt so many things about my people eventually.

So, when you don't understand somebody's standpoint you demand for explanation so you can learn. Bad as it may, you may have learnt something from me today. Don't just look at things from one side. To every coin are three sides, every dice six.

Good morning!

1 Like

Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by MrDebonair: 8:32am On Apr 21, 2022
Nairaland used to be a good source of information or gossips for Nigerians in diaspora interested in having an update on what is going on in Nigeria.

Unfortunately, Nairaland is now full of dimwits when compared to Twitter where you have loads of intellectuals who are well educated, enlightened and well travelled with open mind. As opposed to Nairaland filled with mostly people with myopic views and tribalistic bigots.

Basically most can't express themselves without being agressive or swearing at anyone who doesn't hold their views. Not like I care.

The Nairaland of today is filled with mostly fabricated stories that needs to be confirmed from other sources like Twitter.

Not to mention the childish gender wars coming mostly from people raised in a dysfunctional family setting and with poor upbringing.

Lastly, Nairaland is a reflection of the typical Nigerian society. Exemplified by moral and cultural decadence.

The positive side of this is that if you need to conduct a qualitative research using the 4 major paradigms.

Your sample size and sample composition from Nairaland will give a true reflection of the study expected outcome and this can replicated in any part of the country.

Results from such study will most likely be very similar when compared nationwide.

I can go on and on..but that's for another day.

I won't be replying any quotes. Have no attention to give anyone. Think what you like.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by MadamNneka(f): 8:32am On Apr 21, 2022
[s]
Mooh247:

grin the boy hasn't left his Anambra State before he knows nothing, plus he displays since of autism and that's why I stopped replying him not to fustrate him further
[/s]
shataap
for every comment you make ooo
my boys go change am for the boy when they come online.

God bless gbegile boys
they're angels

cc
Omenkalives
Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by ejimatic: 8:32am On Apr 21, 2022
TheScientist:

Nairalanders are truly intelligent. The only thing i hate about Nairaland is tribal war.
. Nairaland is an assembly of news across the country with different human angle stories.I however hate tribal war and disparagingly disrespectful comments from some educated "iliitrates" on the plartform who think their opinion must be the best at all times. All Nairalander deserve respect young or old regardless of their opinions.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by MadamNneka(f): 8:33am On Apr 21, 2022
[s]
helinues:

Sure, you should now be enjoying yourself as there is no need of giving yourself fruitless work to do all in the name of cancelling of comments. You should have added weight self..
[/s]
I don't know what you're saying ooo
Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by BigYash: 8:33am On Apr 21, 2022
DryMouth:

I visit twitter pass you.
I registered before you.
You dnt have to follow anybody on twitter to meet intelligent minds there. Jst dey follow trending topics and read their comments. When that same topic come Nairaland, read nairalanders comments too and compare.

Please ignore the comments on of those tribalistic and religious bigots who knows nothing here.
Okay o
Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by Moneyboyz: 8:35am On Apr 21, 2022
Tribal war began with helinuus, manabbqgrills and the rest who are too daft to see Nigerians are suffering, I think these urchins started these tribal war as cruise but were contacted by some politicians and being paid to instill violence and cause division.

Their influence gave rise to the term others like tinubu advocate and the rest and their ranks are growing.
Ban one acc, 10 more will rise.

1 Like

Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by Vinnie2000(m): 8:35am On Apr 21, 2022
Khaleepha5681:

Tell truth sir,why must you link it to this government?

Pure tribalism
He is VERY CORRECT! In Jonathan's administration, This NL Tribalism and ethnic fights was non-existent! After Buhari Nepotism/Failure, some Yorubas were still supporting him! In anger, others called dem Afonja while they retaliated with words such as Flat.heads, IPOB miscreants, etc.
Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by helinues: 8:36am On Apr 21, 2022
MadamNneka:
[s][/s]
I don't know what you're saying ooo

Ask your subconscious mind to remind you about it as your conscious mind might have forgotten as you always involved yourself in irrelevant things
Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by uniquelyspecial(m): 8:38am On Apr 21, 2022
The tribalism here sickens me. Especially the Yoruba vs Igbo thing

Every post ends up being tribalised.

The character mix is also annoying.

I do not enjoy Nairaland as much as I used to years ago.
Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by Polynek(m): 8:39am On Apr 21, 2022
NAIRALAND is good no doubt
But there are some few things they hv to improve in Dix forum
Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by tollyboy5(m): 8:39am On Apr 21, 2022
Mumu dey deactivate grin

1 Share

Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by Godsent12(m): 8:40am On Apr 21, 2022
TheScientist:

That's true sir,nairaland is educative,anyday I miss reading news on nairaland I'm not always comfortable.nairaland has played a big role in my life,I have knowledge on every aspects of life like the saying "if you don't know everything,try to know something on everything" thanks to nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by helinues: 8:40am On Apr 21, 2022
Mooh247:

Best oo for one's sanity

His activities on this forum are just lack of exposure.. Na to allow his masquerade to continue pursuing a mad man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Prefer Reading News On Nairaland by Judd007: 8:41am On Apr 21, 2022
Tribal warrrrr, can’t solve the problem, tribal warrr can’t stop it at alll.
TheScientist:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Do I Embed Youtube Video On Nairaland / Dey Play, Idan, No Evidence, Other Popular Nigerian Slangs In 2023 / Barcanista Blackmail: My Stand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.