Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,059 members, 7,814,646 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? (41333 Views)

Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? / Can I Do My Masters With My Hnd(upper Credit) Result? / University Offers Students Grave To Lie In To Cope With Exam Stress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Nobody: 8:26am On Apr 27, 2022
Hmm! This is Africa, there are things u should be mindful of.

You can have your masters done here in Nigeria. There are thousands of people who did there masters here who are doing excellently today.

Don't be selfish, if you can get a loan like others rightly pointed out, do so and be content.

Most Nigerians are not satisfied with what they have.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by nicolas247(m): 8:27am On Apr 27, 2022
Brother

It seems to me the proceed from the land is going to be worthwhile. I dont know how much but this is what i will advice you from personal experience.

Sell the house with ypur family consent and by another land in a very much cheaper location.
Example if for example you are in lagos some part of Ikorodu towards imota still sell half plot of land for as low as 300k .
You can go on and do a small foundation on the land and them bury her there.

My family did something like this.
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by supereagle(m): 8:27am On Apr 27, 2022
Kelechi20007:
I recently got admission in a university in uk for my Masters. The challenge I have is that I can't fund it. The only way to to do so is by selling my mom house.

I'm her only child and another difficult challenge is that she was buried in the yard of the house 5 years ago.

I don't have a good job, I have been teaching in a private for a long time, I need a better future for myself, I'm seeing a chance here for a better life by furthering my education in uk.

It's a difficult decision for me selling the house with her grave in it. Please guys put yourself in my shoes, what will you do in this kind of situation?

What will become of your mother's grave after selling the house? Yoruba movie had a play on that. Against the advice, the boy went ahead and sold it. The end was not sweet for the boy. Full of regrets.
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Nobody: 8:28am On Apr 27, 2022
Ebubu:

Meet your church and talk to them. If they can say a prayer to sooth her spirit. Or can do a conjuring so you can talk to her and apologize and you both embrace. Or you dig up the grave and carry it and bury in your new house in UK. shocked
hahahaha. cheesy
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Lanretoye(m): 8:29am On Apr 27, 2022
SmileDance:
How big is the house? Can you sell part of the land,? Is it possible you rent it out and use the money to get a loan?
sell hoise and use the money to collect loan?
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Okhuadams(m): 8:29am On Apr 27, 2022
Kelechi20007:
I recently got admission in a university in uk for my Masters. The challenge I have is that I can't fund it. The only way to to do so is by selling my mom house.

I'm her only child and another difficult challenge is that she was buried in the yard of the house 5 years ago.

I don't have a good job, I have been teaching in a private for a long time, I need a better future for myself, I'm seeing a chance here for a better life by furthering my education in uk.

It's a difficult decision for me selling the house with her grave in it. Please guys put yourself in my shoes, what will you do in this kind of situation?
Sell am one time since you are the only child. But don't misuse it. God helep you
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Awise09(m): 8:29am On Apr 27, 2022
Your mama ghost no go allow you rest to complete that master .

1 Like

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Giftcarddealer(m): 8:29am On Apr 27, 2022
How you do the Master Admission Process? Guide me
Kelechi20007:
Nobody is saying anything, I will be going with the option of selling the property. The hope of having a better future in a better country is far better than being in a dilapidating building that can not be repaired when something spoils. It's crystal clear that graduates have no hope of good future in Nigeria. I only hope and pray that I don't offend my mum's spirit when I finally do. Cheers �
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by omolasho: 8:29am On Apr 27, 2022
Reframe it this way, "I recently want to sell my late mother's house to further my school in the UK. Now this is the thing, you getting admission in the UK is not a big deal at all because whenever anybody has money he/she can always get admission either in UK, US, or any other nation wished. The only problem is that you are not only selling your late mother's property, which by the way is not a bad idea, but you are selling it with her grave intact in it! Brother fear God and do the right thing please!

Kelechi20007:

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Graciousnaija: 8:29am On Apr 27, 2022
Nobody is against you having a better future but what happens if your mother has not bought the land? Wouldn't you have found another means of proceeding with your pursuit? I will strongly suggest you carry her family members along and your dad's before you start a battle you cannot finish.

1 Like

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Bishop(m): 8:30am On Apr 27, 2022
Kelechi20007:

Why don't you do a long lease, say 5 years. It is much
better than selling your inheritance.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Allisgud: 8:30am On Apr 27, 2022
Why not get a loan,using it as a collateral,by the time u study finish u get a job over there,no come naija come find work o,naija go spoil ur plan
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by MartinsD12(m): 8:30am On Apr 27, 2022
Kelechi20007:

This shows how foolish people can be , a house your mum was buried in you want to sell it , are you normal at all , so what if the house was not there at all you won't further your educate or hustle on your own, Never you try such a thing, forget people saying exhume her corpse don't try such a thing I have never seen such a thing in my life

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by tsmith(f): 8:31am On Apr 27, 2022
Kelechi20007:

Can her grave site be partitioned out of the property with access? That was my suggestion to my dad when he stated interest of being buried on his property, suggested a slight relocation of his intended resting place so that in the future should there be need to sell the property, we can partition his grave site out of the property and create new access from the main street.

I wouldn't bother with any ceremony either, just unnecessary sentiments. Get a buyer, agree the separation, with some of the upfront payment complete the sectioninv or worse case relocation of the remains to a more accessible part of the grounds.

Looks like you have no string ties to Nigeria and UK seems to offer you better and more opportunities, go for it.

1 Like

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by GUNITGuy: 8:31am On Apr 27, 2022
Go for scholarships opportunities in the UK....

2 Likes

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by EjaikreTheViper(f): 8:31am On Apr 27, 2022
splashbaby:
Yoruba calls this (Apa ako ti le ta) a poorly trained child will consider what you are about to do as only option.

Your mother didn't train you properly while alive, so she deserve this treatment from you after death.

SHUT UP YOU IGNORANT FELLOW!!!

YOU ARE AN IGNORAMUS BECAUSE YOU KNOW NOTHING. HOW DID YOU KNOW HE WASNT RAISED PROPERLY? ARE YOU A MEMBER OF HIS FAMILY? YOU SHAMELESS HYPOCRITE!!!

1 Like

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by dallyemmy: 8:31am On Apr 27, 2022
Start a business instead
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by TheNiceGuy(m): 8:32am On Apr 27, 2022
Kelechi20007 you know what is best for you.

But no matter what, never in your life sell your mother's grave.
You can always move her remains into a new cemetery.

If you do that with your mum, you have sin, you won't be forgiven and your children would do worse to you. It's not a CURSE, it's nemesis.

This is why we clamour for people to always burry their People in cemetery.
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Okhuadams(m): 8:32am On Apr 27, 2022
Rastaramsey:
Them don start with cock and bull stories this morning.....

Don't sell the house....
Continue hustling in Nigeria...

If you sell the house, the money will finish one day...
There won't be anybody to support you...

Na when life go tire you well well...

We go cum dey hear
Nigerian student jumps from 250 storey building lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Stay for naija and hustle
ilitrate person say him wah fund him education you say make him hustle for street
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Ifakiland(m): 8:33am On Apr 27, 2022
Kelechi20007:

You have two options here bro, honour your dead and gone mom and forfeit your future or realise that your mom is now in the spirit realm and go face your future.
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Truckpusher(m): 8:33am On Apr 27, 2022
Sell it and pursue your dream. The dead are gone and the last respect you gave to her was burying her.

If you're too emotional about it and emotionally attached to her final resting place , relocate her grave before selling the house.

Sell the damn house and pursue your career.
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by juman(m): 8:35am On Apr 27, 2022
Don't sell house to go abroad for masters.

What happen after you complete your studies?
You have to return back to Nigeria. Its so difficult to stay after your studies.

What I will advice you is your teaching job is good job. Look for evening lessons to do and weekends teaching.

Here on nairaland some people said they get some hundreds of thousands of naira monthly from teaching, but they work very hard.
You can earn more money than most people in abroad with your teaching job.
Do networking with other teachers in several states and learn from their experience.
Hard work pays.
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Greensea1(m): 8:35am On Apr 27, 2022
I pity you!!! I am just short of words! UK! UK! UK! There is nothing in this country, bro! How can you throw away such a memory and landmark!!!!! Don't you feel guilty for even thinking such?? Don't let youthful dreams to make you regret at your old age!
Kelechi20007:

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by stamapro(m): 8:35am On Apr 27, 2022
babyoy:
Pray about it, allow the holy spirit to direct you.

Nice advise, and a godly one.
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by LadyTara(f): 8:36am On Apr 27, 2022
You have to relocate the grave and do all the traditional rites if you are serious in selling that house.

Call your kins men and know the process of moving a grave.

But why UK though? undecided
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Okhuadams(m): 8:36am On Apr 27, 2022
Kelechi20007:

If tou can get a loan to fund ur education better but wey the interest rate and duration if it favours you if not follow ur mind ur future is important. Just as someone said earlier you exsume her body and rebury it in another place
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Cogs(m): 8:37am On Apr 27, 2022
maths1000:
U will never be successful even if u go to America for masters... If u do that.. Yiur children will do worse to u when u die... Are u even normal... With her grave in it.... U want to sell it... Can't yiu work and buikd yours ratger than selling your mother's sweat... Lazy bastard.. Eveb the masters u will not get it

Oga, it's not always that deep na
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by anambraamaka: 8:38am On Apr 27, 2022
No
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by splashbaby(m): 8:38am On Apr 27, 2022
EjaikreTheViper:

SHUT UP YOU IGNORANT FELLOW!!!

YOU ARE AN IGNORAMUS BECAUSE YOU KNOW NOTHING. HOW DID YOU KNOW HE WASNT RAISED PROPERLY? ARE YOU A MEMBER OF HIS FAMILY? YOU SHAMELESS HYPOCRITE!!!
You are suppose to be a female I presume and also manage talk in this stupid manner. You are so uncouth and foolish at the same time. If you manage to still reason like him after many comments suggesting other wise then you also on your path to ruin.
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Freemasonry: 8:38am On Apr 27, 2022
Tough decision op.
Being a mommy's boy myself, I totally understand how hard this decision must be for you, and the insensitive bashing of cynics here won't help.

But the truth is that mommy is dead and gone. And I want to believe she's in a better place.
Her grave is just symbolic, it's not where she's at.
But if it will make you feel better, you could go unburden your mind to her at the graveside... I bet she will understand. Her maternal instincts will always be for your welfare.

What's the point of keeping a house you can't maintain?
And deny yourself a chance to better your life.
Go for it bro. Just make sure you have a good plan and succeed.
Peace!!

1 Like

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Promiseisaac(m): 8:39am On Apr 27, 2022
Don’t sell it.. her spirit might even disturb the buyer after everything
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by zinaunreal(m): 8:39am On Apr 27, 2022
Sell the house with the agreement you will come back to rebury your mum later in a other location when you acquire another land. Its that simple . Jeez

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

FUTA Registrar Bites Clerical Officer During Fight Over Memo (photos) / Death Of OAU Best Graduating Student Announced On Convocation Day / Unknown Advantages Of Having A Low GPA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.