Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,043 members, 7,814,562 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? (41330 Views)

Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? / Can I Do My Masters With My Hnd(upper Credit) Result? / University Offers Students Grave To Lie In To Cope With Exam Stress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by zinaunreal(m): 8:40am On Apr 27, 2022
Promiseisaac:
Don’t sell it.. her spirit might even disturb the buyer after everything

My friend shut it

3 Likes

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by gonkin(m): 8:40am On Apr 27, 2022
How dare u angry

2 Likes

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by pembisco(m): 8:41am On Apr 27, 2022
As If money will start falling from heaven after he's done with the Masters. What your BSc is unable to give you na Masters go give you? Abi you think because you study Masters in UK every other Job out there is yours? Masters is not for finding Job oga.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by sisisioge: 8:41am On Apr 27, 2022
Poor woman....sold even in death. It is well fa.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by nosagold(m): 8:42am On Apr 27, 2022
Ebubu:

Meet your church and talk to them. If they can say a prayer to sooth her spirit. Or can do a conjuring so you can talk to her and apologize and you both embrace. Or you dig up the grave and carry it and bury in your new house in UK. shocked

The Church of God does not conduct such

1 Like

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by yassinattah(m): 8:43am On Apr 27, 2022
SIMONEKPA7:
smiley
Its a difficult decision to make.... If you sell the house and fund your UK educational pursuit it is for the betterment of your future and on the other hand you will loose where your mum is buried and she wont be remembered.
I will suggest you sell the house but first before you do. Do a ceremonial exhuming, In my tribe we do it. Just pack some sand from the grave and take it to a new site for burial. either to her village or a burial ground.
Which sand,if they buried her 5yrs ago,her skeletons would not decompose so quickly to the extent that the crumbs would be left,ceremonial exhuming is advocated here on the condition that the bones are equally exhumed to be buried in a grave yard,are we not all speck of sand and dust too,

Bro go and have a better life now that you are alive and don't listen to pple saying your mother's inheritance shouldn't be tampered with,if you apply for a loan with the house and it didn't work out, mortgage that house immediately b4 sapa finish you in this country.
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by LilMissFavvy(f): 8:43am On Apr 27, 2022
Why should you sell a the house your mom was buried? What if she didn't keep that house for you? When you applied for the VISA didn't you know you do not have the finances to relocate. If the house is dilapidated, go to a bank and get some loan, with the loan you can renovate the house and rent it out, then pay off the loan with part of the rent money.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Born2Breed(f): 8:44am On Apr 27, 2022
Afcoinn:
Why not use it as a collateral to obtain loan

Chai!!! See as u just talk my mind.

@OP, best advice.

Cc: Kelechi20007

1 Like

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by bmdmix11: 8:45am On Apr 27, 2022
Kelechi20007:
I recently got admission in a university in uk for my Masters. The challenge I have is that I can't fund it. The only way to to do so is by selling my mom house.

I'm her only child and another difficult challenge is that she was buried in the yard of the house 5 years ago.

I don't have a good job, I have been teaching in a private for a long time, I need a better future for myself, I'm seeing a chance here for a better life by furthering my education in uk.

It's a difficult decision for me selling the house with her grave in it. Please guys put yourself in my shoes, what will you do in this kind of situation?
first check a degree that's is cheaper two make such no be agent wen go run with money oh three wen u enter DON'T COME BACK
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Contekbbc: 8:45am On Apr 27, 2022
You're a BASTARD!
May your child do this to you too when you're late.
End time children!
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by ezanafe(m): 8:46am On Apr 27, 2022
Don't sell. It "may" come with consequences because of the grave inside the house.
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by BarrElChapo(m): 8:46am On Apr 27, 2022
Kelechi20007:
I recently got admission in a university in uk for my Masters. The challenge I have is that I can't fund it. The only way to to do so is by selling my mom house.

I'm her only child and another difficult challenge is that she was buried in the yard of the house 5 years ago.

I don't have a good job, I have been teaching in a private for a long time, I need a better future for myself, I'm seeing a chance here for a better life by furthering my education in uk.

It's a difficult decision for me selling the house with her grave in it. Please guys put yourself in my shoes, what will you do in this kind of situation?

Sell it bro.

Would you to think she'll be happy that you're being sentiment when infact she left it to you so that in trying times like this you can fall back on it?

What you can do is to exhume her remains and rebury it some where else like a general cemetery or something.

Time is ticking for you to change the narrative for your unborn children.
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Kpengla(m): 8:46am On Apr 27, 2022
Kelechi20007:

You've decided to sell the house already, you only brought this nonsense here for sympathy/justification

1 Like

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by KIDfurniture(m): 8:46am On Apr 27, 2022
Werey, so if u no study for Uk u no fit make am? If u mama no build the house u no fit fund ur own education ? This is why some parent should just enjoy everything they worked for b4 leaving. May The gods never give us a child like you. Sell that house & u will never be somebody in this life..

1 Like

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Bahamas95(m): 8:47am On Apr 27, 2022
I will never do that to my sweet mother, it's disrespectful. My conscience won't forgive me........ OP please look for a better solution, allow the woman rest in peace.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by 1stallon(m): 8:47am On Apr 27, 2022
How can you even think of selling your only inheritance?? You see why igbos don’t give the women inheritance…. What is so special about UK masters that can’t guarantee you a job in their country? My best advise is to learn a profitable trade, use the house to obtain a loan from the bank, pay back your loan gradually and save money from there for your masters but don’t dump your business… you can employ a manager here or enter a partnership so you can still be receiving dividends of your business over there in the UK!! You should know that it’s not all rosey over there!!!….DO NOT SELL a house your mother labored so hard to build if you are not an unfortunate person

3 Likes

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Deering1008: 8:47am On Apr 27, 2022
Don’t try it. I used my entire life savings to study in the uk. They took all my money and still taking it. You will chase bills till forever. Raise money and start a business in Nigeria ��
Kelechi20007:

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by TruthinAction: 8:48am On Apr 27, 2022
Kelechi20007:

It is not your degree that will better your future. Don't you know the country you are living in? There are PhD holders without job. And there are many without degrees who are making it.
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by yassinattah(m): 8:49am On Apr 27, 2022
LilMissFavvy:
Why should you sell a the house your mom was buried? What if she didn't keep that house for you? When you applied for the VISA didn't you know you do not have the finances to relocate. If the house is dilapidated, go to a bank and get some loan, with the loan you can renovate the house and rent it out, then pay off the loan with part of the rent money.

Iz like you were not informed.
How much rent do you think the house ll be worth after renovating with your said proposed loan,even in some part of Lekki that the yearly rent is 2.5 or Maitama and Asokoro in Abuja that the rent is roughly same amount, it isn't enough for you to study masters in UK.

FYI
I sold my mother's house at 55million and used it to build a 2storey building with 6flats in Abuja metropolis in another land,now am a landlord collecting rent in those houses,at least sapa didn't kill me.

I don't buy your idea at all
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Laren24(m): 8:49am On Apr 27, 2022
splashbaby:
Yoruba calls this (Apa ako ti le ta) a poorly trained child will consider what you are about to do as only option.

Your mother didn't train you properly while alive, so she deserve this treatment from you after death.

Is this really necessary madman? If you don't have an humble opinion for the man, don't insult him and his mother, you bastard. If your mom train you won't tall to someone you don't know that way. Mad man
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Brownshoe: 8:50am On Apr 27, 2022
Yes
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by EjaikreTheViper(f): 8:50am On Apr 27, 2022
splashbaby:
You are suppose to be a female I presume and also manage talk in this stupid manner. You are so uncouth and foolish at the same time. If you manage to still reason like him after many comments suggesting other wise then you also on your path to ruin.

WILL YOU SHUT UP THERE!!!

YOU STUPID IGNORANT FELLOW. YOUR DULL BRAIN SHOULD HAVE INFORMED YOU THAT YOU ARE A USELESS HYPOCRITE

2 Likes

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by BarrElChapo(m): 8:50am On Apr 27, 2022
Kelechi20007:
Nobody is saying anything, I will be going with the option of selling the property. The hope of having a better future in a better country is far better than being in a dilapidating building that can not be repaired when something spoils. It's crystal clear that graduates have no hope of good future in Nigeria. I only hope and pray that I don't offend my mum's spirit when I finally do. Cheers �

Kelechi if you were in heaven as your mother is right now and your own children are is trying times, would you be bothered about where your bones are ? When you're already singing alleluia with your maker.

This country is not guaranteed to get better o so it's best you help yourself now you can.

1 Like

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Nobody: 8:50am On Apr 27, 2022
Well I don't think selling it is a good option, the grass is not always greener... besides, u can upgrade the house with the little money you have, or be collecting rent, abi u no dey collect rent from there? Can't the rent for a full year help out or for two full years??, that way ur house still in tact, or do like my friend who took a loan from the bank, travelled and started paying back the loan which he has finished paying....
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Larrycool1234(m): 8:51am On Apr 27, 2022
Bros na sympathy you dey find here , your stories are not adding up. You are a gambler, womaniser ,and a chronic debtor. Just open up on your financial deficiency
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Nobody: 8:51am On Apr 27, 2022
Well I don't think selling it is a good option, the grass is not always greener... besides, u can upgrade the house with the little money you have, or be collecting rent, abi u no dey collect rent from there? Can't the rent for a full year help out or for two full years??, that way ur house still in tact, or do like my friend who took a loan from the bank, travelled and started paying back the loan which he has finished paying.... you are a man, wen u think profits also think loss....
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by harsysky(m): 8:51am On Apr 27, 2022
[i][/i]
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by BarrElChapo(m): 8:51am On Apr 27, 2022
splashbaby:
Yoruba calls this (Apa ako ti le ta) a poorly trained child will consider what you are about to do as only option.

Your mother didn't train you properly while alive, so she deserve this treatment from you after death.

You're very stupid in your brain.
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by AleAirHub(m): 8:52am On Apr 27, 2022
You were making a lot of sense when you asked for help, but you completely lost it when you said, "It's plain evident that graduates in Nigeria have little hope of a good future." Why would you create such a ridiculous remark in your desire for self-justification? Please keep in mind that becoming a graduate does not guarantee you a job anywhere in the globe. And selling that home and obtaining your Master's degree in the United Kingdom still doesn't guarantee you the better part of life you seek, so it's a 50/50 shot, and you'll need to use prudence and understanding before proceeding with your plans. My OND diploma brought out the best in me and allowed me to pursue new chances.
Take care.

Kelechi20007:
Nobody is saying anything, I will be going with the option of selling the property. The hope of having a better future in a better country is far better than being in a dilapidating building that can not be repaired when something spoils. It's crystal clear that graduates have no hope of good future in Nigeria. I only hope and pray that I don't offend my mum's spirit when I finally do. Cheers �

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Arshavin120(m): 8:52am On Apr 27, 2022
Go to her grave site and explain to her why you need to sell the house just to have a better future, have a lengthy conversation with her cos spirits do listen then you can go ahead to sell it.
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by SenecaTheYonger: 8:54am On Apr 27, 2022
Rastaramsey:
Them don start with cock and bull stories this morning.....

Is your life that boring that you think something like this is fake?
Re: Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? by Sermwell(m): 8:54am On Apr 27, 2022
timi36220:
First nobody will buy a house with a grave in it.
I was also wondering!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

FUTA Registrar Bites Clerical Officer During Fight Over Memo (photos) / Death Of OAU Best Graduating Student Announced On Convocation Day / Unknown Advantages Of Having A Low GPA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.