Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,859 members, 7,813,935 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:57 PM

Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. (42718 Views)

Real Estate Firms All Over Nigeria Should Check This Out. / Grave Inside Compound I And Family Are About To Move Into / Ways To Reduce Cost Of Beautifully Flooring Your Compound (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by Nobody: 8:15pm On Apr 27, 2022
hammermcc:
No one has replied my suggestion about compulsory property tax. In Nigeria most people do not pay property tax both for land and house , Once you buy a land and build a house in Nigeria ,it's yours forever, that should not be the case. there must be compulsory property tax. the money will be used to build and maintain roads, street lights, waste removal, etc. Even if the land is empty , the land owner must be paying tax for that land. that will discourage people from fighting over land due to the responsibilities involved. Also, land owners would be encouraged to utilize profit from their land and property , in order to generate profit to maintain the land. For example , a landowner can use their land for agriculture to generate profit.
the bigger the house and amenities and land, the bigger the property tax.

If a land owner or home owner defaults on payment of property tax, the land and house would be seized by the authorities .

Let me give you example, if Michael Jackson's Neverland was in Nigeria, he would not lose it because most Nigerians do not pay income tax, property tax ,sales tax ,etc.

There must also be compulsory insurance for all cars, whether the person is driving the car or not, he or she must pay insurance for that car . that will deter people from buying 10 cars . Also wrongful parking and overloading of vehicles must be heavily fined

we must learn from what other successful countries are doing and do the right thing or we will keep going in circles in the name of backward traditions and culture.
You never hear say Tinubu is contesting to be President?

Na property tax you want to talk about mk Dem stupid politicians see another avenue to chop money. Our Representatives, both upper and lower Chambers are given allocations for the purpose of your reasons for the introduction of property tax, what are they doing with it.

Please Nigeria is not yet ripe for such discussions and never will be ready when people like Tinubu are contesting for presidency

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by Nobody: 8:16pm On Apr 27, 2022
hammermcc:
Listen ,we we need to implement a strong institutional system of checks and balance which will close the current loopholes and eradicate massive corruption as currently going on in Nigeria. The loopholes are currently open that's why it's easy for public officer holders to embezzle without repercussion.
judiciary and legislature must be strongly separated in all possible ways .
if most of these are implemented, it wont matter where the governors and president is from? .

This is becoming irritating for my liking.

15 Likes

Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by techWriter3: 9:12pm On Apr 27, 2022
You can contribute your children dead to Yahoo girls then

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by MoneyGoDrop: 10:56pm On Apr 27, 2022
You can choose cremation for all i care but for me, i will rest with my ancestors on my family land.

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by PDJT: 11:02pm On Apr 27, 2022
[s]
Pierocash:
Only the poor bury their dead in the compound. How many rich guys do you see that bury their dead in mansions in Lekki?
[/s]

-How old are you, 12?

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by adebayo987: 11:14pm On Apr 27, 2022
Op, don't be decieved... Even you, when you grow up, you'll see the advantage of burying in your compound! We're in Nigeria. Let other countries be in their countries and do their traditions there. Have you not read that after some time old graves will be reused for someone else while the former person buried their will be dugged out and disposed elsewhere? Or would you be happy to hear that your mum or dad's body was dugged and his grave was used to bury someone else especially when you don't have the money to pay after a certain time for his corpes to be retained? But at home, you're free. As for estates, you can do casting on the grave and use the land. Afterall, graves don't occupy large areas. So, it doesn't affect any estate.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by otipoju(m): 11:16pm On Apr 27, 2022
hammermcc:
Only in third world African countries do people bury the dead in their compound.even south Africa does not practice such . burying of the dead in their compound is bad for real estate.
I have mentioned on my other thread that Nigerian needs real estate land reform. we can not afford the current method if Nigeria will be developed.

In fact , most Nigerians do not pay property tax . and yet you expect roads and street lights and public amenities to be fixed? there needs to be compulsory property tax which will deter people from thinking the land belongs to them forever and therefore burying dead on the land.
people should pay heavy property tax if they want to own a home. if you can't afford property tax then rent an apartment.

I really feel like slapping you.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by paramakina202: 11:19pm On Apr 27, 2022
Pierocash:
Only the poor bury their dead in the compound. How many rich guys do you see that bury their dead in mansions in Lekki?

The rich men are buried in their mansions in the village.

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by Nobody: 11:20pm On Apr 27, 2022
adebayo987:
Op, don't be decieved... Even you, when you grow up, you'll see the advantage of burying in your compound! We're in Nigeria. Let other countries be in their countries and do their traditions there. Have you not read that after some time old graves will be reused for someone else while the former person buried their will be dugged out and disposed elsewhere? Or would you be happy to hear that your mum or dad's body was dugged and his grave was used to bury someone else especially when you don't have the money to pay after a certain time for his corpes to be retained? But at home, you're free. As for estates, you can do casting on the grave and use the land. Afterall, graves don't occupy large areas. So, it doesn't affect any estate.
Corpse are usually dug and reused after 20 years once the family members don't pay. It takes about 10 years for a corpse to totally decompose into skeleton. I think 20 years is long enough . great grand children do not go looking for their great grand parents grave,so it makes sense.

It's all about social engineering to change the mindset of most Nigerians . there's a method to influence a population to follow a certain method of doing things. when Nigeria is truly ready to develop, there will be massive efforts towards social engineering to shape the Nigerian mentality .

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by MetaPhysical: 1:55am On Apr 28, 2022
hammermcc:

it has become a tradition in Nigeria that most corpses are usually buried in their compound instead of at a public cemetary. burying dead in their compound is bad for real estate business and land laws .
an example of this dilemma is the guy on this thread who was contemplating his family land with is mom's grave in the compound.

https://www.nairaland.com/7093708/should-sell-late-mothers-house

It has become a tradition ke? Op, do you mean the tradition of burial on private property is no longer in common practice?

Don't turn yourself into oyinboman in Africa. Govt cannot regulate everything, if they do you will incrementally loose your liberty. This matter is for the local communities to meet and deliberate on.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by orisa37: 6:30am On Apr 28, 2022
CRIMATE YOUR CORPSE AND USE THE ASHES FOR WHATEVER.
Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by Pierocash(m): 7:26am On Apr 28, 2022
PDJT:
[s][/s]

-How old are you, 12?
I am 4, but 2yrs older than you
Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by dnawah(m): 7:41am On Apr 28, 2022
hammermcc:

it has become a tradition in Nigeria that most corpses are usually buried in their compound instead of at a public cemetary. burying dead in their compound is bad for real estate business and land laws .
an example of this dilemma is the guy on this thread who was contemplating his family land with is mom's grave in the compound.

https://www.nairaland.com/7093708/should-sell-late-mothers-house
hope head hunters no send u this message?so that they can have bounty harvest.no verse na ordinary question I ask o grin

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by MrFixIt007: 9:21am On Apr 28, 2022
Duduke
Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by Juanmike(m): 9:22am On Apr 28, 2022
So that our brothers from the waste side of the country, will have abundant to mine.
It won't happen.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by Nobody: 9:24am On Apr 28, 2022
You want the national association of skull miners or Honourable Skullers to mine their skulls in public cemeteries abi angry grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by Guyman02: 9:24am On Apr 28, 2022
hammermcc:
No one has replied my suggestion about compulsory property tax. In Nigeria most people do not pay property tax both for land and house , Once you buy a land and build a house in Nigeria ,it's yours forever, that should not be the case. there must be compulsory property tax. the money will be used to build and maintain roads, street lights, waste removal, etc. Even if the land is empty , the land owner must be paying tax for that land. that will discourage people from fighting over land due to the responsibilities involved. Also, land owners would be encouraged to utilize profit from their land and property , in order to generate profit to maintain the land. For example , a landowner can use their land for agriculture to generate profit.
the bigger the house and amenities and land, the bigger the property tax.

If a land owner or home owner defaults on payment of property tax, the land and house would be seized by the authorities .

Let me give you example, if Michael Jackson's Neverland was in Nigeria, he would not lose it because most Nigerians do not pay income tax, property tax ,sales tax ,etc.

There must also be compulsory insurance for all cars, whether the person is driving the car or not, he or she must pay insurance for that car . that will deter people from buying 10 cars . Also wrongful parking and overloading of vehicles must be heavily fined

we must learn from what other successful countries are doing and do the right thing or we will keep going in circles in the name of backward traditions and culture.

Did you read below in another thread that MTN was given tax waiver amounting to N2.6T and Dangote has so many tax rebates and you want to impose more taxes on the average struggling citizens?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by Yomboy4ever(m): 9:24am On Apr 28, 2022
Except for the private ones ooo
Go to public cemetery and go there years later you know why people bury their parents in their houses..
If you don't want to lose the skulls and bones of your departed loved ones to the evil men outside there better bury them where you will see them and remember them for long.
Try go Atan cemetery you go dey see rubish for ground like say na pure water nylon..

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by Jmichael1(m): 9:24am On Apr 28, 2022
Na ur land?

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by owiko(m): 9:24am On Apr 28, 2022
People should be allowed to burry their dead wherever they consider suitable. There are more serious challenges bedeviling the country at the moment

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by WibusJaga: 9:24am On Apr 28, 2022
Good idea if they can adequately secure the cemetery from our distinguished Erudite Skullers. grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by sammytovic(m): 9:24am On Apr 28, 2022
E dey pain baba as e no quick see e mama land sell. You went to create another account to justify yourself.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by TenQ: 9:24am On Apr 28, 2022
hammermcc:
Only in third world African countries do people bury the dead in their compound.even south Africa does not practice such . burying of the dead in their compound is bad for real estate.
I have mentioned on my other thread that Nigerian needs real estate land reform. we can not afford the current method if Nigeria will be developed.

In fact , most Nigerians do not pay property tax . and yet you expect roads and street lights and public amenities to be fixed? there needs to be compulsory property tax which will deter people from thinking the land belongs to them forever and therefore burying dead on the land.
people should pay heavy property tax if they want to own a home. if you can't afford property tax then rent an apartment.
Unfortunately, there is no correlation between tax and infrastructural maintenance and development in Nigeria. Until Nigerians see where tax money is going to, it is difficult for government to ask them to pay tax!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by WibusJaga: 9:25am On Apr 28, 2022
grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by donrexhibites(m): 9:25am On Apr 28, 2022
Are you starting a grave robbing enterprise? Trains, airports, markets and even our homes are not secured by the state, let alone grave yards.
Yahoo man, I see you.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by Unrated900(m): 9:25am On Apr 28, 2022
Okay because of you an estate agent want to eat
And sells people land at your own price
So they should not bury people in their compound.
Go and tell them in ogun state if they won’t mine your skull

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by Realists(m): 9:25am On Apr 28, 2022
Burying of the Dead at home, is Haram Islamicaly.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by angelfallz(m): 9:25am On Apr 28, 2022
A cemetery today would be someone's kitchen in a 100 years time.
hammermcc:

Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by Jmichael1(m): 9:27am On Apr 28, 2022
Veggieseedies:

You never hear say Tinubu is contesting to be President?

Na property tax you want to talk about mk Dem stupid politicians see another avenue to chop money. Our Representatives, both upper and lower Chambers are given allocations for the purpose of your reasons for the introduction of property tax, what are they doing with it.

Please Nigeria is not yet ripe for such discussions and never will be ready when people like Tinubu are contesting for presidency

no mind dat guy suggestion jare,na talk him dey fyn....

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Lagos Demolishes 13 Illegal Buildings Along Airport Road / 3-storey Building Collapsed In Umuahia [PHOTOS, VIDEO] / Struggles Of Living In A Rented Face Me & Face You Compound (meme Collection)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.