Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,821 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:04 PM

Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. - Properties (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. (42713 Views)

Real Estate Firms All Over Nigeria Should Check This Out. / Grave Inside Compound I And Family Are About To Move Into / Ways To Reduce Cost Of Beautifully Flooring Your Compound (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by SailorUgo(m): 10:48am On Apr 28, 2022
hammermcc:
it has become a tradition in Nigeria that most corpses are usually buried in their compound instead of at a public cemetary. burying dead in their compound is bad for real estate business and land laws.

An example of this dilemma is the guy on this thread who was contemplating his family land with is mom's grave in the compound.

https://www.nairaland.com/7093708/should-sell-late-mothers-house

That is how we copy everything western and shove it down our peoples throat…
Oga you can go and bury your parents in the evil forest inugo

It’s our culture to revere our own even in death.
The little space you give your parents on the ground they threaded in their lifetime will not stop you from building all the skyscrapers of the world.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by sylve11: 10:48am On Apr 28, 2022
dnawah:
hope head hunters no send u this message?so that they can have bounty harvest.no verse na ordinary question I ask o grin

grin grin cool
Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by SKIBiNSKI(m): 10:49am On Apr 28, 2022
solasoulmusic:

Sorry o without maggi soup no sweet no be chat na message board
more rubbish
Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by Nobody: 10:49am On Apr 28, 2022
SKIBiNSKI:
This proofs nothing! were you able to prove these people participated in the theft of your phone?

And why would one want people's fathers dead just because they stole your phone? Or rejoice that their fathers died because of a stolen phone? Did you consider that as justice for you? For your stolen phone? It was just a bloody phone! you could replace it, which i believe you have.

And why would their fathers die? Their fathers didn't steal your phone. You see? Why i said you may be imagining things. undecided

There are no such thing as spirits they don't exist!

Identity theft is living with someone else’s wealth in their own homes under their identity it starts with a phone o but now let me now explain what if it was meant to be stolen because to catch a big fish you have to lay a big trap my baby daddy is more important than my boyfriend sometimes
Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by SKIBiNSKI(m): 10:50am On Apr 28, 2022
solasoulmusic:

If tell you sey all of una wey dey support to shame person wey you rob because you came with love too go see your own julius Berger don show una sey no be cap abi na Cappa
You need to see a psychiatrist As soon as possible. undecided you could be mentally ill without even knowing.
Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by sylve11: 10:51am On Apr 28, 2022
sammytovic:
E dey pain baba as e no quick see e mama land sell. You went to create another account to justify yourself.

You dey make sense here o. cool
Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by tofolo(m): 10:51am On Apr 28, 2022
SKIBiNSKI:
I agree! and as you have have pointed out already rightly, gated private properties can be up for sale.
but why do you hate human's including yourself? pardon my asking cos I saw your signature below..
Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by Elioandrew: 10:51am On Apr 28, 2022
IGBOSON1:
Each country has its own peculiarities and challenges! Inter your loved one in a public cemetery as you’re suggesting and the next morning you start looking for their head!
What are you using the head for?
Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by Nobody: 10:52am On Apr 28, 2022
SKIBiNSKI:
You need to see a psychiatrist As soon as possible. undecided you could be mentally ill without even knowing.

One of them was going to sell land see ehn if someone is looking for the boss they might have to Bleep the employee
Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by Passionnn: 10:52am On Apr 28, 2022
Pierocash:
Only the poor bury their dead in the compound. How many rich guys do you see that bury their dead in mansions in Lekki?

Lekki is not their land of origin.
When they die, their corpses are taken to their villages and buried in their village mansions or family compounds
Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by SKIBiNSKI(m): 10:53am On Apr 28, 2022
solasoulmusic:

Identity theft is living with someone else’s wealth in their own homes under their identity it starts with a phone o but now let me know explained what if it was meant to be stolen because to catch a big fish you have to lay a big trap
I still didn't understand, look! you don't have to explain if you don't want to.. i don't understand all these your language. Sorry!
Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by SKIBiNSKI(m): 10:54am On Apr 28, 2022
solasoulmusic:

One of them was going to sell land
still proofs nada! cheesy were they convicted in court? Who's land?
Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by Sleemy4shizzle(m): 10:55am On Apr 28, 2022
hammermcc:
Only in third world African countries do people bury the dead in their compound.even south Africa does not practice such . burying of the dead in their compound is bad for real estate.
I have mentioned on my other thread that Nigerian needs real estate land reform. we can not afford the current method if Nigeria will be developed.

In fact , most Nigerians do not pay property tax . and yet you expect roads and street lights and public amenities to be fixed? there needs to be compulsory property tax which will deter people from thinking the land belongs to them forever and therefore burying dead on the land.
people should pay heavy property tax if they want to own a home. if you can't afford property tax then rent an apartment.

You want them to tax innocent people who hustled to build their house ?….what if the land actually belongs to the dead person that is buried there …..some parents insist they bury them on their property …..plus wetin concern una …..all the tax wey una dey pay …..wetin dem don use am achieve ?

Buhari is not the only problem we have in this country……..

If we have people who still think like this

Lagos has land use tax incase you don’t know …..so u still want them to increase it and discourage people from owning their own property in peace

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by SKIBiNSKI(m): 10:57am On Apr 28, 2022
tofolo:
but why do you hate human's including yourself? pardon my asking cos I saw your signature below..
good question! humans cannot be trusted or rellied upon, same as myself.
Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by duncan511: 10:57am On Apr 28, 2022
hammermcc:
No one has replied my suggestion about compulsory property tax. In Nigeria most people do not pay property tax both for land and house , Once you buy a land and build a house in Nigeria ,it's yours forever, that should not be the case. there must be compulsory property tax. the money will be used to build and maintain roads, street lights, waste removal, etc. Even if the land is empty , the land owner must be paying tax for that land. that will discourage people from fighting over land due to the responsibilities involved. Also, land owners would be encouraged to utilize profit from their land and property , in order to generate profit to maintain the land. For example , a landowner can use their land for agriculture to generate profit.
the bigger the house and amenities and land, the bigger the property tax.

If a land owner or home owner defaults on payment of property tax, the land and house would be seized by the authorities .

Let me give you example, if Michael Jackson's Neverland was in Nigeria, he would not lose it because most Nigerians do not pay income tax, property tax ,sales tax ,etc.

There must also be compulsory insurance for all cars, whether the person is driving the car or not, he or she must pay insurance for that car . that will deter people from buying 10 cars . Also wrongful parking and overloading of vehicles must be heavily fined

we must learn from what other successful countries are doing and do the right thing or we will keep going in circles in the name of backward traditions and culture.
THE TAX YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT, ARE YOU NOT FROM THIS COUNTRY? What have they use the already collected taxed for if not for embezzlement or misappropriation purposes, For any thing to work in Nigeria, the rate of corruption in political office holder must Reduce to the minimum level they can talk about level more the people, will you be happy, you pay tax, instead of you expecting development and good social amenities, your taxed been embezzled and buy different properties outside the country, next will you like to pay more tax? Knowing fully those tax will been used for their own selfish gain.
Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by SKIBiNSKI(m): 11:00am On Apr 28, 2022
solasoulmusic:

Identity theft is living with someone else’s wealth in their own homes under their identity it starts with a phone o but now let me know explained what if it was meant to be stolen because to catch a big fish you have to lay a big trap
Soo.. were does spirits comes into all these? grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by Elibaba1: 11:00am On Apr 28, 2022
Pierocash:
Only the poor bury their dead in the compound. How many rich guys do you see that bury their dead in mansions in Lekki?

Where was late Sen. Ajimobi buried again?
Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by franktolk(m): 11:01am On Apr 28, 2022
Pierocash:

MKO Abiola
Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by Nobody: 11:01am On Apr 28, 2022
SKIBiNSKI:
Soo.. were does spirits comes into all these? grin grin grin cheesy cheesy

To speak the truth and not be phased intimidated or shamed and that your survival is because you are important to your ancestors your spirit no be play it’s only criminals wanting to reap where they didn’t sow will bother why a man who labored is buried on his own land … haram or not in your state run your anti haram things
Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by GGirll: 11:01am On Apr 28, 2022
hammermcc:
Only in third world African countries do people bury the dead in their compound.even south Africa does not practice such . burying of the dead in their compound is bad for real estate.
I have mentioned on my other thread that Nigerian needs real estate land reform. we can not afford the current method if Nigeria will be developed.

In fact , most Nigerians do not pay property tax . and yet you expect roads and street lights and public amenities to be fixed? there needs to be compulsory property tax which will deter people from thinking the land belongs to them forever and therefore burying dead on the land.
people should pay heavy property tax if they want to own a home. if you can't afford property tax then rent an apartment.

Thank God Nigeria is still a 3rd world country so your comparison does not hold water. People should pay huge tax n all without jobs and good health care facility and light right? You must be a govt theivery official and frustrated that you want people to still pay to bury their loved ones so that you n real estate can smile to d Bank. When you do a comparison, try to do it properly and not just d one that suits you.
Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by frozen70(f): 11:03am On Apr 28, 2022
hammermcc:
it has become a tradition in Nigeria that most corpses are usually buried in their compound instead of at a public cemetary. burying dead in their compound is bad for real estate business and land laws.

An example of this dilemma is the guy on this thread who was contemplating his family land with is mom's grave in the compound.

https://www.nairaland.com/7093708/should-sell-late-mothers-house

@ Op, which do you prefer,
Your buried loved ones to rest peaceful in the grave at the family compound

Or to have restlessness in the public cemetery
Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by Cj4charles(m): 11:05am On Apr 28, 2022
Pierocash:
Did Dino Milaye buried his mom in your father's compound?
Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by midey93(f): 11:07am On Apr 28, 2022
Lol. Go and tell Ikwerre people of Rivers State that bury the dead in their parlour, re-tile the grave and rent out to unsuspecting tenants
Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by Bambam321(m): 11:10am On Apr 28, 2022
Pierocash:
watery talk , even rich people bury their
dead in their home , where was ajimobi buried ,where are Kings buried , ...don't just bring a foreign lifestyle on us

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by Chibuezem(m): 11:11am On Apr 28, 2022
hammermcc:
No one has replied my suggestion about compulsory property tax. In Nigeria most people do not pay property tax both for land and house , Once you buy a land and build a house in Nigeria ,it's yours forever, that should not be the case. there must be compulsory property tax. the money will be used to build and maintain roads, street lights, waste removal, etc. Even if the land is empty , the land owner must be paying tax for that land. that will discourage people from fighting over land due to the responsibilities involved. Also, land owners would be encouraged to utilize profit from their land and property , in order to generate profit to maintain the land. For example , a landowner can use their land for agriculture to generate profit.
the bigger the house and amenities and land, the bigger the property tax.

If a land owner or home owner defaults on payment of property tax, the land and house would be seized by the authorities .

Let me give you example, if Michael Jackson's Neverland was in Nigeria, he would not lose it because most Nigerians do not pay income tax, property tax ,sales tax ,etc.

There must also be compulsory insurance for all cars, whether the person is driving the car or not, he or she must pay insurance for that car . that will deter people from buying 10 cars . Also wrongful parking and overloading of vehicles must be heavily fined

we must learn from what other successful countries are doing and do the right thing or we will keep going in circles in the name of backward traditions and culture.
sorry but all the tax that the government is collecting to what effect on infrastructure has been made..... Nigeria despite its rich resources and billions generated from tax is still a third world country.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by deavicky(m): 11:16am On Apr 28, 2022
hammermcc:

real estate or fake estate what happened to the ves bushes and forest in Nigeria why not go there buy it and make liveable.
Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by tofolo(m): 11:19am On Apr 28, 2022
SKIBiNSKI:
good question! humans cannot be trusted or rellied upon, same as myself.
But is hate not too much of s strong word to use?
Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by josite: 11:27am On Apr 28, 2022
If you don't stay inside ur house even when deaf ,all these omo olorinuruku will sell your house to Bleep ashawo
Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by West2019(m): 11:28am On Apr 28, 2022
Is the compound or house belong to Government. Moreover do we have a government in Nigerian
Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by mfm04622: 11:32am On Apr 28, 2022
successmatters:
Why?

It is barbaric.

Especially in a country where we use well water and borehole everywhere. It can lead to contamination of ground water. Reluctance to buy properties with graves. Etc

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Lagos Demolishes 13 Illegal Buildings Along Airport Road / 3-storey Building Collapsed In Umuahia [PHOTOS, VIDEO] / Struggles Of Living In A Rented Face Me & Face You Compound (meme Collection)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.