Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,802 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:40 PM

Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. (42708 Views)

Real Estate Firms All Over Nigeria Should Check This Out. / Grave Inside Compound I And Family Are About To Move Into / Ways To Reduce Cost Of Beautifully Flooring Your Compound (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by Crixxx: 9:27am On Apr 28, 2022
That's is done to avoid missing skulls
Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by tamcamp253: 9:27am On Apr 28, 2022
You deserve 50liter of diesel for this question
bmdmix11:
have we changed to 2nd world country?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by Yomboy4ever(m): 9:27am On Apr 28, 2022
Realists:
Burying of the Dead at home, is Haram Islamicaly.
That law was made for Saudi people and Arabs.
it is not haram to our forefathers cos Haram itself is not our language...

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by Nobody: 9:28am On Apr 28, 2022
hammermcc:
it has become a tradition in Nigeria that most corpses are usually buried in their compound instead of at a public cemetary. burying dead in their compound is bad for real estate business and land laws.

An example of this dilemma is the guy on this thread who was contemplating his family land with is mom's grave in the compound.

https://www.nairaland.com/7093708/should-sell-late-mothers-house
It's forbidden. Some family houses aren't sold till eternity.
There are many things that can render a house useless instead of a burial ground.
If you are buying a house with buried human, agree that the corpse be removed n reburied elsewhere or you don't buy the house.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by TOPCRUISE(m): 9:28am On Apr 28, 2022
There is belief in America that if you bury the dead in a compound. The dead will haunt those who relocate to that compound

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by ken045501: 9:28am On Apr 28, 2022
Baba we see wetn you write but we no wan follow you talk now

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by Truthisunique2: 9:28am On Apr 28, 2022
Realists:
Burying of the Dead at home, is Haram Islamicaly.
black man is Arab that gave you Islam your god

Abi is digging lizard hole to be washed by erosion African culture

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by Streett: 9:28am On Apr 28, 2022
Economy never stable …..
Na where to bury deadi bodi person wan dey reason..?
Abeggi

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by DryMouth: 9:29am On Apr 28, 2022
hammermcc:
Only in third world African countries do people bury the dead in their compound.even south Africa does not practice such . burying of the dead in their compound is bad for real estate.
I have mentioned on my other thread that Nigerian needs real estate land reform. we can not afford the current method if Nigeria will be developed.

In fact , most Nigerians do not pay property tax . and yet you expect roads and street lights and public amenities to be fixed? there needs to be compulsory property tax which will deter people from thinking the land belongs to them forever and therefore burying dead on the land.
people should pay heavy property tax if they want to own a home. if you can't afford property tax then rent an apartment.
See where your brain is leading you.
A typical Nigerian. So the yearly tenement rate that is paid by landlords is not enough.
They should impose a heavy property tax so that the price of renting an accomodation would skyrocket.

Buhari would do better than most of you.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by Kpengla(m): 9:29am On Apr 28, 2022
hammermcc:
Once a person dies the person is dead , it doesn't matter what happens after that . someone can still exhume the dead even if buried in their compound. I've seen graves in compounds with no occupants.

Tell that to the ritualist imams and their clients

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by rajiedreez: 9:29am On Apr 28, 2022
hammermcc:
Only in third world African countries do people bury the dead in their compound.even south Africa does not practice such . burying of the dead in their compound is bad for real estate.
I have mentioned on my other thread that Nigerian needs real estate land reform. we can not afford the current method if Nigeria will be developed.

In fact , most Nigerians do not pay property tax . and yet you expect roads and street lights and public amenities to be fixed? there needs to be compulsory property tax which will deter people from thinking the land belongs to them forever and therefore burying dead on the land.
people should pay heavy property tax if they want to own a home. if you can't afford property tax then rent an apartment.
OK, your submission is good but Nigeria has a different system when compared to other places. There are so many things to consider before levying property tax on every parcel of land. In most advanced countries there are no traditional systems in place and the countries that has a bit of traditional structure do respect the traditional systems. Like in the USA there are lands put aside for natives that they call reserves, they let them self govern themselves and the land laws applicable to other Americans aren't applicable on the Indian natives reserves. So all these things are dependent on the structure of the society.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by Gunnerz14(m): 9:30am On Apr 28, 2022
I can relate
Dollarremix:
Kogi state people no go like this one ooo

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by TheNiceGuy(m): 9:30am On Apr 28, 2022
I totally support you.

What we just need is adequate security at the cemetery.

Anyone found wandering around it at odd hour should be sent to greater beyond without thinking twice

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 9:30am On Apr 28, 2022
Well if the west has refused to kill that practice..we promise to continue buying up those land even with the corpses buried there..make una mind dey am.
Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by anonymous1759(m): 9:30am On Apr 28, 2022
hammermcc:

Please stop using that word 3rd world country. It’s a slave tool to capture people. No man has the right to categorize the world .
It’s not because of property tax Nigeria is poor it’s simply because of corruption. People should be allowed to bury their loved ones in anywhere they choose too . We mustn’t copy copy everything.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by DryMouth: 9:31am On Apr 28, 2022
Pierocash:
Only the poor bury their dead in the compound. How many rich guys do you see that bury their dead in mansions in Lekki?
Lekki folks already own homes in their village so they bury their dead in their village houses.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by ayotade09(m): 9:31am On Apr 28, 2022
hammermcc:
Listen ,we we need to implement a strong institutional system of checks and balance which will close the current loopholes and eradicate massive corruption as currently going on in Nigeria. The loopholes are currently open that's why it's easy for public officer holders to embezzle without repercussion.
judiciary and legislature must be strongly separated in all possible ways .
if most of these are implemented, it wont matter where the governors and president is from? .
baba go buy 100million nomination ticket first after that you implement whatever you want to implement

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by Obainomilano: 9:31am On Apr 28, 2022
bmdmix11:
have we changed to 2nd world country?
..very good question the guy is actually overestimating the country without knowing we are still in the stone ages from our reasoning to our government and our behavior.. everything has stone ages written all over it only a handful of people in this country are fully orientated ,that's why it is easy for the politician to dribble us all the time

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by Dynamicboss: 9:31am On Apr 28, 2022
hammermcc:
No one has replied my suggestion about compulsory property tax. In Nigeria most people do not pay property tax both for land and house , Once you buy a land and build a house in Nigeria ,it's yours forever, that should not be the case. there must be compulsory property tax. the money will be used to build and maintain roads, street lights, waste removal, etc. Even if the land is empty , the land owner must be paying tax for that land. that will discourage people from fighting over land due to the responsibilities involved. Also, land owners would be encouraged to utilize profit from their land and property , in order to generate profit to maintain the land. For example , a landowner can use their land for agriculture to generate profit.
the bigger the house and amenities and land, the bigger the property tax.

If a land owner or home owner defaults on payment of property tax, the land and house would be seized by the authorities .

Let me give you example, if Michael Jackson's Neverland was in Nigeria, he would not lose it because most Nigerians do not pay income tax, property tax ,sales tax ,etc.

There must also be compulsory insurance for all cars, whether the person is driving the car or not, he or she must pay insurance for that car . that will deter people from buying 10 cars . Also wrongful parking and overloading of vehicles must be heavily fined

we must learn from what other successful countries are doing and do the right thing or we will keep going in circles in the name of backward traditions and culture.

You are right but may not work in Nigeria at the moment because of the country's deteriorated system and corrupted people. The few tax we pay, there is no accountability of funds for economic and infrastructural development hence the reason property and land tax ( land use decree) may not work here. It's not just about having a working system but having the right people to implement the funds accrued from tax.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by michaelwilli(m): 9:31am On Apr 28, 2022
hammermcc:
you don't own the land forever. the land belongs to government. do you pay property tax for that land? once you default, the tax agency will take back the land .

who be govt?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by Jmichael1(m): 9:31am On Apr 28, 2022
naija4life247:

If you like go and throw your father's corpse to the evil forest. Me, I will bury my parents on our family land

simple....

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by Positiveme2020: 9:31am On Apr 28, 2022
Pierocash:
Only the poor bury their dead in the compound. How many rich guys do you see that bury their dead in mansions in Lekki?

It's not true, some rich bury in their compound.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by Jossyroyal1: 9:31am On Apr 28, 2022
The solution for now is to exhume the remains and relocate to a public cemetery
Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by Udemzy05: 9:31am On Apr 28, 2022
hammermcc:

Don't you think placing heavy property tax especially in this kind of time will make things go worse?

Ordinary 1 room is over #150k and the government can't even pay #30k minimum wages.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by AbuAeesha: 9:31am On Apr 28, 2022
you should know that even after death, the human body still deserves honour.
the best decision is to bury the dead in the cemetary,because thats whr they belong at that moment.
but if u stay in unsafe/evil enviroment where the dead posed to threats,then no issue if u can afford to bury the dead in his home enviroment.
Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by Splashjoe98(m): 9:32am On Apr 28, 2022
Y’all should hit me up on 08073898161 for your social media deals

Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by Yomboy4ever(m): 9:32am On Apr 28, 2022
If they will provide lands for that because, the very few available ones are filled up many years ago ...
But I doubt the Nigeria government that has failed to provide an affordable homes for the living will now have such time for the dead...?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by Rubyventures: 9:33am On Apr 28, 2022
hammermcc:

In the UK people bury their dead on their property, so its not only in Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by Udemzy05: 9:33am On Apr 28, 2022
Pierocash:

How many rich people burial have you been to?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by Nobody: 9:33am On Apr 28, 2022
Final resting place after building a house is a private decision I personally won’t like to drive far to see my loved ones but you will build it well and professionally to prevent environmental issues.

There are children who extend the legacy and children that only know how to sell sell sell that’s why they buried themselves there o to prevent were from taking all

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by Jmichael1(m): 9:33am On Apr 28, 2022
Streett:
Economy never stable ….. Na where to bury deadi bodi person wan dey reason..?
Abeggi

bros i wonder ooh....
Re: Nigeria Should Ban Interment Of The Dead In Their Compound. by Lordbinsmar: 9:33am On Apr 28, 2022
Gentlerespect76:

See bros, there is something I need you to understand. That very guy you are talking about in the earlier thread, who wanted to sale a piece of property but was having conscience attacks, he is the only child of his late mum. Now, adults around, particularly his mums people had chosen to bury the woman in that compound for a reason which is beyond you. That burial in that compound was done so that no one could dispossess the young man of his property in the future. Whatever old people did, it was always for a purpose. But as the saying goes, anything that has advantage will also have a disadvantage.

No marry the stupid guy. Always licking oyinbo people's ass. Must we copy every oyinbo people do angry different cultures has different ways of burying their dead people.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Lagos Demolishes 13 Illegal Buildings Along Airport Road / 3-storey Building Collapsed In Umuahia [PHOTOS, VIDEO] / Struggles Of Living In A Rented Face Me & Face You Compound (meme Collection)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.