Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,737 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! (62839 Views)

My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me / 'My Dad Is A Deadbeat' Top Worn By Daughter On Father's Day / My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by SirMichael1: 10:24pm On May 05, 2022
neonly:
You are a bad boy
How will feel if yur own child did d same to u
No respect
Karma is waiting
Am sure of you have channeled dat same energy to do some thing surprising for he would has still given u yur phone
But now u have allow phone to break d bridge between and yur father
The money was not d Issie u betray his trust
Goodluck

Fúck off with this stupid comment!!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by Ebymyk(m): 10:25pm On May 05, 2022
Story story, story!!! .. Once upon a time, time, time!!...

4 Likes

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by DontBullshitMe: 10:25pm On May 05, 2022
See this guy ooh.

You call exportation of petrol to Cotonou a job? Really? That's not a job, it is a crime and you should be imprisoned for it.

Don't worry, you will soon be caught.

5 Likes

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by naijainform: 10:25pm On May 05, 2022
You're a graduate, your 27 years old, and you stay with your parents?

okay, you don't have a job, you probably eat free food abi?
oga you are lazy.

2 Likes

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by Viktoro1: 10:25pm On May 05, 2022
Brother you are 27 and still living with ur parents under same roof, it will definitely generate insult. Just leave the house, visit once
them once a while. You will have ur respect to the brim. I know is not easy out there buh man, you've got to make that move. You don't know the opportunity that awaits you out there.

6 Likes

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by CharlesJok3r: 10:26pm On May 05, 2022
At 27?. I will beat the insanity out of that father black & blue!.

2 Likes

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by Onnasucs1(m): 10:26pm On May 05, 2022
Those curses can't affect you because you're innocent.

Your father is not a good person. If I were you, I'd leave his house for good. At 27, you should really go out and get something to do. Your idleness is what's causing the disrespect.

Leave that house.

4 Likes

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by pizapato(m): 10:27pm On May 05, 2022
You are 27, you got money for iphone but can't get money to rent a place for yourself, even if it is face me I slap you.

At 27, you should be living alone pushing your own hustle. Why would you still be living in a place where you wouldn't even have enough peace and tranquillity to think and strategize?

7 Likes

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by doggedfighter(f): 10:28pm On May 05, 2022
Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by NaijaGoBetter20: 10:28pm On May 05, 2022
Lucasmuyiwaa:

He knew I was into exportation of Petrol to Cotonou before the work stopped due to border close down and too much customs officials on the road.

Your dad supports your smuggling business but not yahoo grin grin grin

To the real mata on ground

Do not go to that house tonight and if you must go try to look for one of your dad's family that can go and plead for you.
You have done something wrong and you must seek forgiveness from your dad and God.

3 Likes

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by tjcare4u2005(m): 10:28pm On May 05, 2022
As old as you are, you are still staying with your parent. Wake up guy

5 Likes

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by naijainform: 10:28pm On May 05, 2022
eniolorunfe:
Enough drama for one day. Make everybody rest!

Go and see them tomorrow or even weekend sef and after the discussions leave. I think it’s time you get your own place… see finish don enter una mata.

He was supposed to know this without advice

2 Likes

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by YeyeGbami: 10:28pm On May 05, 2022
Enter street go hustle, you too dey comfy for him house.

4 Likes

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by extremophile: 10:29pm On May 05, 2022
e author=anewchapter post=112560544]Be careful just Google how Marvin Gaye died if you don't know the story already.[/quote]

You spoke my mind! This is exactly what I wanted to say. Dear Op, please we don't want to read another Marvin Gaye story. You know what to do.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by Localgrandpa: 10:29pm On May 05, 2022
You can buy an iphone but at 27 you can't rent your own place. Damn.

3 Likes

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by Bamlosophy(m): 10:30pm On May 05, 2022
Go home bro, and the very first thing you shld say is that u are very sorry for the way u behaved and plead with him that such won't happen again. Try to pacify him by showing him u loves him. U are 27yrs and it is almost every parent that would frown when their grown up children are idle and relaxing at home at that stage. Common sense shld tell u that u need to get urself busy by not being at home Everytime. Try to get something else doing and u will see that ur dad will be ur best friend and proud of u when u are giving him the return of his investment grin

3 Likes

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by Starzo: 10:30pm On May 05, 2022
YeyeGbami:
Enter street go hustle, you too dey comfy for him house.
e Betta make he dey with him papa than to go do Yahoo
Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by Realestatevixen: 10:30pm On May 05, 2022
Please

If everything happened exactly the way you put it out here, then your father is wrong on every level. First of all, that house is not conducive for your habitation. There's no way you'll really make progress in that kind of atmosphere. You need to leave fast. You are going through serious verbal,emotional and physical abuse. Please leave. As harsh as it may sound, but your Dad failed in his responsibility as a parent. How can you seize the phone of a 27 year old. Then there's something he didn't do when you were a child.

Parents make a lot of such mistakes. They don't invest in their children from the beginning, no skill investment, emotional capacity investment etc, then at the latter years, they expect the child to be an angel and become the best child with unquantifiable success. You cannot give what you don't have. Your Dad lacks skills in emotional control, and the earlier he realises that a 27 year old is not a 7 year old, the better for him.

6 Likes

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by eightsin(m): 10:31pm On May 05, 2022
You should move out! You are an adult.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by abbey621(m): 10:32pm On May 05, 2022
A 27 year old male has no business staying in his parents house unless he is doing them a favor or bringing in income. You are basically not useful to your old man, his responsibilities towards you ended when you turned 18. Even if he lied against you, what gave you the guts to defend yourself? You're basically a leech, notice how your sibling no defend you? It's because to everyone you're USELESS! Even the step wife giving you attention is because of society. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR LIL NIGGA, MAN UP!

I know this might sound harsh but look at yourself, you dey use iPhone, you have enough money to spend some days at hotel, what's stopping you from hustling and making something of yourself? Are you better than those wey dey hustle inside hot sun? Your father would not have belittled you if you had a job earning income, even if na 5,000 Naira you dey give am every month out of your salary, he would pray for you instead of insult.

Finally 9ja is rough normally but it is even rougher for those wey no get sense! In everything you do, SEEK WISDOM!

2 Likes

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by youngcizzy(m): 10:32pm On May 05, 2022
First off your dad crossed the line by taking your phone . As long he didn’t buy it ,he has no right to confiscate it , however we are in Africa . Secondly you are 27 but from your write up your family treats you like a teenager and as such I don’t think your dad respects you or attaches value to you because if not why would he behave that way towards you ?

The third one is that I think you didn’t make your stand early enough in your family , this would have been avoided if you stood on your words during previous confrontations from your dad because I know it’s not the first time this kind of thing thing has happened between you both . Yes you are wrong for breaking into his room but he contributed to it.

I think we should also create a thread and tackle how abusive some parents can be towards their kids . You can never understand if you weren’t raised by one . Some parent damage their child’s self esteem and confidence all in the name of strict upbringing and being an obedient African child . Just an opinion tho .

Well he’s still your father make amends and find you a source of income that way he will respect you .

3 Likes

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by Nobody: 10:35pm On May 05, 2022
Do not go home tonight ,no matter what your step mother says before you will die for nothing. The tension is still high and your dad is definitely still angry . Allow him to calm down first ,maybe go to the house tomorrow morning.

Secondly , take the advice of the guy above me, sell the iphone and move out of that house ASAP.

Thirdly , some 25 years old guys are married with kids, I understand your father is being protective but he is wrong to even seize your phone to begin with ! At this stage , he can only advise you and not treat you like a bloody child at 27 years .

But na see finish Sha...

And I honestly hate parents that curse their children regardless of what cuz they are indirectly sentencing themselves to an old age of penury and poverty! If he said that it shall not be well with you , at old age ,na so him too go suffer till death cuz him don use his mouth curse his helper!

3 Likes

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by Nobody: 10:36pm On May 05, 2022
neonly:
You are a bad boy
How will feel if yur own child did d same to u
No respect
Karma is waiting
Am sure of you have channeled dat same energy to do some thing surprising for he would has still given u yur phone
But now u have allow phone to break d bridge between and yur father
The money was not d Issie u betray his trust
Goodluck

You no get sense whalahi, Somebody is assaulting his son and almost killed him and this is the rubbish you could come up with.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by LUAN(m): 10:36pm On May 05, 2022
annisy:
After the first two paragraphs I stopped reading at 27 your father is still buying you phone!? Your father is a super dad
go back and continue reading from where you stop. then come back to comments again .Thanks, God bless you

2 Likes

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by tuzle(m): 10:36pm On May 05, 2022
Sweetvie:
Hmm... Sorry
First of all, your first mistake is going to his room to take back the phone... It just iPhone no biggie... That's disrespect.
You said you're 27? And still living in your dad house? What do u expect b4... Still living in your parent place without bringing in money, putting food on the table... Even if you're using infinix he will still say you're doing Yahoo. But your dad doesn't seem to like u, maybe becz u r jobless without finding other mean.
No parent shld curse their children,it totally bad. I still remember, samething happened to my bro, like u he went to take the phone back... My dad was so angry that he took the stick we're using to burn some stuff to almost hit my bro thank God my other bro was there but u know what surprised me most?He did not utter one curse like this.
Go find something to do if you're coming in late no one will talk abt u
Well, sleep where you're then by tomorrow go back to beg him by then he will b calm... If u go now,u go collect smiley
which version of iphone did u buy? and your dad may have felt that u had tghe money to buy an iphone, but u dont have the money to start yourself up. this is just one side of the story. i have a friend like u, and his parent treat him almost the same way your dad treats u, but i dont blame dem because he brought such upon himself. i am not going to judge u since i dont have the full story but we sometimes do somethings that offend our parent and we see it as being right. for examples buying a phone of over hundred thousand when u are still staying and eating under your father with no job.

4 Likes

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by Angelfrost(m): 10:37pm On May 05, 2022
Well, there is a reason serious young men start working hard to leave their parents' abode early in life...

I honestly can't imagine life with my parents, as wonderful as they are, at 27! For WETIN na?!!

Some of you will stay under their roof, and still be forming Don Jazzy! SMH!

Go apologize to your dad... Doesn't matter if he messed up too. Make peace with him, then pack yourself and whatever is left of your dignity out of there!

2 Likes

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by falcon01: 10:39pm On May 05, 2022
Lucasmuyiwaa:
What happened was that my Dad collected a brand new iPhone I bought from me February last year all because some uncivilized people like him keeps telling him the phone I use is very expensive and said it’s used by yahoo boys and which my Dad hate the word YAHOO.

Though , I felt very sad wondering why he would collect a phone from a 27 years old Son.

I pleaded to him severally to please give me back the phone and I also sent some of his friends which they value each other to him to please help me beg him to return the phone but he keeps telling them he’s not gonna give me and instead get me a small phone that doesn’t browse so as to stop having internet access.

After many Months of using a small Android phone which is very uncomfortable for me and hoping I will gather some money and get a better phone for myself anytime soon.

I waited for some months but couldn’t afford a better phone cuz I don’t want to buy a very low budget phone since I’m addicted to smooth browsing on my IPhone.

Then I tried to find solution for myself by going to find the iPhone he seized in his room even though I don’t enter his room anyhow.

God so good i got into his room when everyone wasn’t aware and I found the phone where he kept it and took it.

I started having conscience on it and asking myself if I’ve messed up.

I came to Nairaland to ask what I should do maybe to return the phone or keep it with me.

I found out some people blamed me for invading his room and getting m my stuff.

Some people told me to return it and never do that again.

when I was going to return the phone I found out that the whole house are back and it’s not possible to go there that time.

I don’t know what to do because it was a luck that nobody was at home that day.

I reasoned to my self maybe I should go and deliver the phone to him myself fearing if he found out the phone is no more there the issue will escalate and will be too late.

The next morning I took the phone to him and told him I find it using a device on the phone with another phone to track it.

He was very annoyed and said what I did was bad with a very cool voice and gave me the phone back himself.

After few hours he called me and said he put some Saudi Money (Riyadh) in the carton he hide my phone and he couldn’t find the money there and asked me if I took it.

I sensed he was trying to tell me that in order to know what I did was bad.

I told him I didn’t take any money there and I honestly didn’t see any money there.

He let me leave and said he will try to find it very well later.

Then just today he called my married elder sister to come to our house and wanted to have a meeting with us cuz we are just two from our late mother.

From his speech he said he can’t be seeing me not working since I’m a graduate and I should find something doing.

He knew I was into exportation of Petrol to Cotonou before the work stopped due to border close down and too much customs officials on the road.

So he started insulting me I’m just being idle and don’t want to work because I’m getting money from yahoo because he returned my phone to me to have internet access.

I accepted all the insults he did to me and didn’t argue with him not until he said if I’m a good boy I won’t go into his room to take my phone and even take his money he kept there the other day.

I then knew he meant that word that I took his money again and which I didn’t even take or see.

Then he began raining insults on me and begin to lay emphasis on the money that I took my phone and his money.

At this point I was very mad and couldn’t hold myself from keeping silence and then I had to break it.

I told him I can take everything he do to me but accusing me wrongfully I will never take that with a mini voice and suddenly wanted to hit me which I run from him to escape.

On running through the steps, he suddenly grab the big stool in the sitting room and dropped it on my head which nearly hit me . (If that stool hit me I don’t know what will happen to me )

But I managed to escape and he started raining curses on me and insulting my late mother for giving him a son like me.

My sister was there too and all she kept saying was I’m very rude to disclaim the accusations and defending myself and she also start insulting me that how dare should I talk when he’s talking.

After few insults he gave me so he came downstairs and started insulting me again while I stand not too far from him.

He quickly picked up a very big stone and a big plank on the floor threw at me which if these two objects meet me I will still be bleeding by now.

He told me with anger that I’m a bastard and cursed me saying it will not better for me and we can never sleep together in the house today and he left and went out.

So my stepmother returned and I narrated everything to her and made her known I’m leaving the house to avoid unnecessary violence again because I’ve been planning to leave the house due to everyday arguments and his nags.

The stepmother told me not to leave the house and rather he will talk to him and calm him down and everything will be fine.

I already made my mind to leave the house and stay at the hotel for some days because my friend which I could go and stay with has traveled last week and said he will be back today.

I got to the hotel and booked the room and having some rests then I saw my stepmother call and she said I should come home and we need to talk.

I sensed maybe she was trying to set me up and I told her I’m at where I’m going to sleep tonight because I just don’t want to come home today.

She said I shouldn’t even think that way and promised me nothing is going to happen.

I believed her because she knows I respected her and I knows she likes me.

Then she told me to come home and sleep and assure me no violence will happen as she just need to talk to me privately which I don’t have idea what else she want to tell me .

Now should I go home or just sleep at the hotel and probably not going to go to that house again soon if I sleep at the hotel today ?

Don't Go back! Stay on your lane, stay as long as you can do and provide for yourself. At 27 you shouldn't even be at home with your parents.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by Kingsleystunner(m): 10:39pm On May 05, 2022
Your papa still dey do you small pikin thing wey I experience when I dey 15 years old

1 Like

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by Nobody: 10:39pm On May 05, 2022
Oga , nobody makes it from there comfort zone, some parents re just unreasonable,if u need my advice,tell ur dad to go to hell and go out there and make the best out of yourself, I say it again,no one makes it from comfort zone

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

My Worst Fear Finally Happened, Please Help / It's A Man That Will Pay For It. Stop Exposing It - Mum Scolds Daughter (Video) / Press Release: I Was Never Married To This Lady - Man Says (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.