Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,069 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! (62854 Views)

My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me / 'My Dad Is A Deadbeat' Top Worn By Daughter On Father's Day / My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by CandyOps(m): 11:12pm On May 05, 2022
Guy go rent 1 room self con or free the phone for your papa. This your story dey annoy me.

You get money for iPhone u no say dey vex tour papa yet you still under the same roof with him

1 Like

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by Lucasmuyiwaa: 11:12pm On May 05, 2022
Vipro:
What course did you study?as in,your qualifications.

I studied local government studies sir.

If you’re planning to get me a work please I’m very ready sir.
Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by jaxxy(m): 11:12pm On May 05, 2022
Lucasmuyiwaa:
What happened was that my Dad collected a brand new iPhone I bought from me February last year all because some uncivilized people like him keeps telling him the phone I use is very expensive and said it’s used by yahoo boys and which my Dad hate the word YAHOO.

Though , I felt very sad wondering why he would collect a phone from a 27 years old Son.

I pleaded to him severally to please give me back the phone and I also sent some of his friends which they value each other to him to please help me beg him to return the phone but he keeps telling them he’s not gonna give me and instead get me a small phone that doesn’t browse so as to stop having internet access.

After many Months of using a small Android phone which is very uncomfortable for me and hoping I will gather some money and get a better phone for myself anytime soon.

I waited for some months but couldn’t afford a better phone cuz I don’t want to buy a very low budget phone since I’m addicted to smooth browsing on my IPhone.

Then I tried to find solution for myself by going to find the iPhone he seized in his room even though I don’t enter his room anyhow.

God so good i got into his room when everyone wasn’t aware and I found the phone where he kept it and took it.

I started having conscience on it and asking myself if I’ve messed up.

I came to Nairaland to ask what I should do maybe to return the phone or keep it with me.

I found out some people blamed me for invading his room and getting m my stuff.

Some people told me to return it and never do that again.

when I was going to return the phone I found out that the whole house are back and it’s not possible to go there that time.

I don’t know what to do because it was a luck that nobody was at home that day.

I reasoned to my self maybe I should go and deliver the phone to him myself fearing if he found out the phone is no more there the issue will escalate and will be too late.

The next morning I took the phone to him and told him I find it using a device on the phone with another phone to track it.

He was very annoyed and said what I did was bad with a very cool voice and gave me the phone back himself.

After few hours he called me and said he put some Saudi Money (Riyadh) in the carton he hide my phone and he couldn’t find the money there and asked me if I took it.

I sensed he was trying to tell me that in order to know what I did was bad.

I told him I didn’t take any money there and I honestly didn’t see any money there.

He let me leave and said he will try to find it very well later.

Then just today he called my married elder sister to come to our house and wanted to have a meeting with us cuz we are just two from our late mother.

From his speech he said he can’t be seeing me not working since I’m a graduate and I should find something doing.

He knew I was into exportation of Petrol to Cotonou before the work stopped due to border close down and too much customs officials on the road.

So he started insulting me I’m just being idle and don’t want to work because I’m getting money from yahoo because he returned my phone to me to have internet access.

I accepted all the insults he did to me and didn’t argue with him not until he said if I’m a good boy I won’t go into his room to take my phone and even take his money he kept there the other day.

I then knew he meant that word that I took his money again and which I didn’t even take or see.

Then he began raining insults on me and begin to lay emphasis on the money that I took my phone and his money.

At this point I was very mad and couldn’t hold myself from keeping silence and then I had to break it.

I told him I can take everything he do to me but accusing me wrongfully I will never take that with a mini voice and suddenly wanted to hit me which I run from him to escape.

On running through the steps, he suddenly grab the big stool in the sitting room and dropped it on my head which nearly hit me . (If that stool hit me I don’t know what will happen to me )

But I managed to escape and he started raining curses on me and insulting my late mother for giving him a son like me.

My sister was there too and all she kept saying was I’m very rude to disclaim the accusations and defending myself and she also start insulting me that how dare should I talk when he’s talking.

After few insults he gave me so he came downstairs and started insulting me again while I stand not too far from him.

He quickly picked up a very big stone and a big plank on the floor threw at me which if these two objects meet me I will still be bleeding by now.

He told me with anger that I’m a bastard and cursed me saying it will not better for me and we can never sleep together in the house today and he left and went out.

So my stepmother returned and I narrated everything to her and made her known I’m leaving the house to avoid unnecessary violence again because I’ve been planning to leave the house due to everyday arguments and his nags.

The stepmother told me not to leave the house and rather he will talk to him and calm him down and everything will be fine.

I already made my mind to leave the house and stay at the hotel for some days because my friend which I could go and stay with has traveled last week and said he will be back today.

I got to the hotel and booked the room and having some rests then I saw my stepmother call and she said I should come home and we need to talk.

I sensed maybe she was trying to set me up and I told her I’m at where I’m going to sleep tonight because I just don’t want to come home today.

She said I shouldn’t even think that way and promised me nothing is going to happen.

I believed her because she knows I respected her and I knows she likes me.

Then she told me to come home and sleep and assure me no violence will happen as she just need to talk to me privately which I don’t have idea what else she want to tell me .

Now should I go home or just sleep at the hotel and probably not going to go to that house again soon if I sleep at the hotel today ?

I know ur dad was wrong to falsely accuse u bt u don't have to react that way. U can state ur innocence in a better way. U dad may also be temperamental.

Apologise to ur dad b4 going home or sleeping at home, don't just go cos of ur step mom. She can't completely speak for ur dad.

2ndly on the fone issue. ur dad seized not because its a yahoo fone or too big a fone bt cos he knows u can't normally afford it knowing ur source of income. if he knows u can afford it he will definitely not be bothered.

Can u confidently tell him how u were able to afford that fone? These are questions good parents should asked their jobless kids and children who are just students using iPhones.

u can't bring just any expensive things from out of the blues into my house without a satisfactory explanation of the source.

When I was in skol I had a side job and my folks knew all about it and how I was able to afford extra stuffs besides what I was given. its important u can explain what u have at all times.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by Emperor88(m): 11:12pm On May 05, 2022
Lucasmuyiwaa:

Please forgive me for the so so.
Please my mind is one mind in two options. I need to know your mind too or your advice maybe it will help pls
What Iphone model are you using and what job do you do? Before I Know what to say.
Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by AbujaCitiBlog: 11:12pm On May 05, 2022
Lucasmuyiwaa:
What happened was that my Dad collected a brand new iPhone I bought from me February last year all because some uncivilized people like him keeps telling him the phone I use is very expensive and said it’s used by yahoo boys and which my Dad hate the word YAHOO.

Though , I felt very sad wondering why he would collect a phone from a 27 years old Son.

I pleaded to him severally to please give me back the phone and I also sent some of his friends which they value each other to him to please help me beg him to return the phone but he keeps telling them he’s not gonna give me and instead get me a small phone that doesn’t browse so as to stop having internet access.

After many Months of using a small Android phone which is very uncomfortable for me and hoping I will gather some money and get a better phone for myself anytime soon.

I waited for some months but couldn’t afford a better phone cuz I don’t want to buy a very low budget phone since I’m addicted to smooth browsing on my IPhone.

Then I tried to find solution for myself by going to find the iPhone he seized in his room even though I don’t enter his room anyhow.

God so good i got into his room when everyone wasn’t aware and I found the phone where he kept it and took it.

I came to Nairaland to ask what I should do maybe to return the phone or keep it with me.

when I was going to return the phone I found out that the whole house are back and it’s not possible to go there that time.

I reasoned to my self maybe I should go and deliver the phone to him myself fearing if he found out the phone is no more there the issue will escalate and will be too late.

The next morning I took the phone to him and told him I find it using a device on the phone with another phone to track it.

He was very annoyed and said what I did was bad with a very cool voice and gave me the phone back himself.

After few hours he called me and said he put some Saudi Money (Riyadh) in the carton he hide my phone and he couldn’t find the money there and asked me if I took it.

I told him I didn’t take any money there and I honestly didn’t see any money there.

Then just today he called my married elder sister to come to our house and wanted to have a meeting with us cuz we are just two from our late mother.

From his speech he said he can’t be seeing me not working since I’m a graduate and I should find something doing.

He knew I was into exportation of Petrol to Cotonou before the work stopped due to border close down and too much customs officials on the road.

So he started insulting me I’m just being idle and don’t want to work because I’m getting money from yahoo because he returned my phone to me to have internet access.

I accepted all the insults he did to me and didn’t argue with him not until he said if I’m a good boy I won’t go into his room to take my phone and even take his money he kept there the other day.

I then knew he meant that word that I took his money again and which I didn’t even take or see.

Then he began raining insults on me and begin to lay emphasis on the money that I took my phone and his money.

At this point I was very mad and couldn’t hold myself from keeping silence and then I had to break it.

I told him I can take everything he do to me but accusing me wrongfully I will never take that with a mini voice and suddenly wanted to hit me which I run from him to escape.

On running through the steps, he suddenly grab the big stool in the sitting room and dropped it on my head which nearly hit me . (If that stool hit me I don’t know what will happen to me )

But I managed to escape and he started raining curses on me and insulting my late mother for giving him a son like me.

My sister was there too and all she kept saying was I’m very rude to disclaim the accusations and defending myself and she also start insulting me that how dare should I talk when he’s talking.

After few insults he gave me so he came downstairs and started insulting me again while I stand not too far from him.

He quickly picked up a very big stone and a big plank on the floor threw at me which if these two objects meet me I will still be bleeding by now.

He told me with anger that I’m a bastard and cursed me saying it will not better for me and we can never sleep together in the house today and he left and went out.

So my stepmother returned and I narrated everything to her and made her known I’m leaving the house to avoid unnecessary violence again because I’ve been planning to leave the house due to everyday arguments and his nags.

The stepmother told me not to leave the house and rather he will talk to him and calm him down and everything will be fine.

I already made my mind to leave the house and stay at the hotel for some days because my friend which I could go and stay with has traveled last week and said he will be back today.

I got to the hotel and booked the room and having some rests then I saw my stepmother call and she said I should come home and we need to talk.

I sensed maybe she was trying to set me up and I told her I’m at where I’m going to sleep tonight because I just don’t want to come home today.

She said I shouldn’t even think that way and promised me nothing is going to happen.

Then she told me to come home and sleep and assure me no violence will happen as she just need to talk to me privately which I don’t have idea what else she want to tell me .

Now should I go home or just sleep at the hotel and probably not going to go to that house again soon if I sleep at the hotel today ?

You can buy iPhone but you don't have a house where you stay? Your father is right. Reorder your priorities!
Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by mipeesoft(m): 11:12pm On May 05, 2022
Guy, beware of your step mom, she may appear nice to you, but behind you, she maybe something else. I will advise you rather go home and listen to whatever they want to say. Going back home will save you from getting more blames and it will also help your future plans. Goodluck to you.

3 Likes

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by ChristoBam: 11:14pm On May 05, 2022
neonly:
You are a bad boy
How will feel if yur own child did d same to u
No respect
Karma is waiting
Am sure of you have channeled dat same energy to do some thing surprising for he would has still given u yur phone
But now u have allow phone to break d bridge between and yur father
The money was not d Issie u betray his trust
Goodluck
Are you people crazy or something? Seizing the phone of a 27 years old man? Omo!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by Abascoh: 11:15pm On May 05, 2022
neonly:

Do u know d kind of sacrifice yur dad endure to raise you to d point where u can afford a phone common it just a phone
U hurt him but you might no know d kind gravity
He probably showing off indirectly to yur step mum dat my children listen to me etc
Yes if you were staying in yur own place d case wound be different but wait his house his rules
My own dad was still beating with correct slap even though I was staying in my own house till I got d age of 38
Bro's it was just a phone you could have saved again to buy another one
It shows u are rude
U try dat my late papa u are done
What yur did was bad accept and try to build trust and d bridge between you and yur dad back OK
You are talking absolute trash and if your father was still beating you at thirty eight then I must tell you that he was nothing but an abusive person. That your parents raised you doesn't mean you should mortgage your own future to please them. How can a so called father be telling his 27 year old son that he doesn't need a browsing phone in 2022? Does that kind of father mean well for his son? Then accusing him of stealing money you know he didn't steal and when he tried to defend himself from your accusations you start insulting his late mother, calling him a bastard and tried to kill him? God!! That father is an abusive person. The best thing the guy needs to do is leave that house and go face his life as a man.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by Nobody: 11:15pm On May 05, 2022
neonly:
You are a bad boy
No respect
Karma is waiting
Am sure of you have channeled dat same energy to do some thing surprising for he would has still given u yur phone
Goodluck
He is a bad boy at 27 them dey seize em phone, are you normal like this ? Boys his age are getting married and having children. At that age I was already living in a 3 bedroom flat and got my first car a year later. I think there is something wrong with the OP, because respect is reciprocal and from his post I can see they don’t respect each other to begin with.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by ozonechrome: 11:15pm On May 05, 2022
neonly:
You are a bad boy
No respect
Karma is waiting
Goodluck

What makes him bad??

Because he took his property the dad had no right of taking in the first place.

Our problem is we see people standing for themselves as disrespect.

He's 27yrs old and not a kid.

@op you have to make a choice.
Stand your ground take your phone and leave that house.

That's the way you'll earn their respect. Your dad has no right to insult you for speaking up for yourself. That's abuse! Your kids will never do that to you to because you'll raise them better with mutual respect.

So much abuse going on here in the guise of parenting.
Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by elinaxy(m): 11:15pm On May 05, 2022
Your dad is abusive plus hot tempered. Try and get something doing so u can be leaving the house on daily basis, gather money and get an apartment far from the family house. Put the issue behind you and move on. Life goes on.
Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by Lucasmuyiwaa: 11:16pm On May 05, 2022
NwaEzefuNaMba:
I hate how people have already concluded that your father hates you, even though they just read a side of the story.
If as a father, you could watch your child live above his means simply because he's 27, then you are a part of the problem we have today.

The OP is Jobless, maybe the type that stay indoor 24/7 but keep spilling cash. The father have every right to be angry with him.

But, what do I even know.

You’re right cuz I stay indoor 24/7 but not everyday.
Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by ChristoBam: 11:16pm On May 05, 2022
Lucasmuyiwaa:

You're a 27 years old man living in your father's house. Your father siezed your phone and almost beat you up and you're asking if you should go back home to talk with whoever?

Are you trolling or something?

One can't be this naive and dumb at 27 years old. Bro, stay with your friend and raise funds to get your own apartment even if na self contain.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by uptownemmygee(m): 11:17pm On May 05, 2022
Op you no try at all, 27 yrs and you're still staying at your father's house even step mother and sisters come join, oga you have overstayed in that house, I left home 2013 when I was 16yrs after high school because i don't like the word "go carry your food for kitchen oo"

1 Like

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by Opirlo: 11:18pm On May 05, 2022
First of all u seems 2 b d black sheep of d family, ur dad won't just wake up over might nd start insultin nd rainin curses on u. Hr got fill up of ur bad nd disrespectful attitude, if at 27 ur dad still seized ur property then bros u re not a good child copull wit d kind of friends u keep. My only younger brother was ur kinf of version, he can argue wit dad, he seems 2 know all, he is always right nd think his decision is d best, he always felt he is grown up nd should be allowed 2 do all he want. I ve beg severally 2 my dad not 2 curse him. So my guy try cool down, there is Neva a smoke without fire. Thank God my brother is a bit changed nd respect him. My advice is go beg him nd if u don't want to be corrected by ur Dad, just go rent ur own apartment simple.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by ChristoBam: 11:18pm On May 05, 2022
TheWolfen:
Don't go hone tonight. Tell her to wait till in the morning. Then in the morning call either your paternal or maternal uncle and aunty to go with you in the morning and plead with your dad. Then get a job immediately the matter is settled. Forget about the iPhone with him. If you move out of his house then you can consider getting your favorite iPhone but for now since you still living with your dad then get an android smart phone.

That being said what you did was wrong most dads would be furious but it seams your dad has anger issues too. Try not to always provoke him

.cc Lucasmuyiwaa

What he did was wrong? 27 years old man! Are you guys trolling?

1 Like

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by sako28: 11:19pm On May 05, 2022
Bro,
I feel ur pain, but truth be said here.
At 27 years u still make iphone ur priority, no now u fall hand. He bought it for u so return it back to him. At 27 years u should not depend on him solely.
Go back home beg him and tell him all na mistake, explain the money part to him calmly, am sure later he will find out u did not take the money. If possible drop the iphone for him, hustle a new line of business and plan to move out of the house. I will advise don't stay with a friend. Get ur own place.

This should also be a lesson to u, never enter a place, office or room that is not urs when no one is there. Story like this always happen.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by Lucasmuyiwaa: 11:19pm On May 05, 2022
dewiseacre:
This story sounds like a Nollywood movie where your step mother, though unassuming, will confess one day as being behind all the issues in your family.

I don’t trust her too
Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by Britishpea: 11:20pm On May 05, 2022
You will understand your father’s training later don’t worry. He’s training you and leading you in the right path, in this era that values have lost. But he’s doing it the way of the Stone Age men.

Go home and remain silent throughout. You will be fine trust me.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by int0x80(m): 11:21pm On May 05, 2022
It seems you have overstayed your welcome in that house. At 27, you should be thinking of moving out to be on your own.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by annisy(f): 11:22pm On May 05, 2022
Two adults can not leave together under thesame roof!! If you want to be in charge of your life, your decision, your stuffs and yourself get your own apartment!! If not our economy is fu*ked at 27 you should have been on your own
LUAN:
go back and continue reading from where you stop. then come back to comments again .Thanks, God bless you

1 Like

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by Tundex911: 11:23pm On May 05, 2022
Abeg make someone summarize this story for us wey no get time to read this story story script...

1 Like

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by Ekugbeh(m): 11:25pm On May 05, 2022
Lucasmuyiwaa:

Oga if you know what is good for you, pack out of that house. Hustle hard, no look anybody face. Keep ur distance no calls. Let everything settle.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by Microwhy: 11:26pm On May 05, 2022
Lucasmuyiwaa:

Though my reply must have come late but I would have advise you not to go home today and don't even think your dad care if you come home to sleep or not. When you get older, you will realised that your dad don't have any good explainable reasons for his present actions.
When we're kids, my friends dad is so toxic that everybody in our area knows him for his strict behaviour. If we're watching film in their house in 1980's, both married couple and young children will leave immediately he arrive and he's contempted with such reaction by everyone.
Now everybody has grown with our own children and when we all playfully asked our friend's dad during a certain get-together, he certainly don't have a good reason for those behaviour. We all laughed it off but I wasn't happy because some of his sons were certainly affected by his selfish, rude and pompous behaviours.
Don't allow his behaviour to make you feel less of yourself and if going to leave with a friend within short notice is going to affect your bigger plan later, please don't go anywhere. Eat your father's food, use his electricity to charge your phone and use his water to take your bath. Stay in your father's house till you can actually stand on your two feet firmly.
Strict parent often don't have benefiting reasons for their behaviour. If you mis-step now, it might take you very long time to get back on your feet.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by Ekugbeh(m): 11:29pm On May 05, 2022
neonly:
You are a bad boy
No respect
Karma is waiting
Goodluck
come, take ur time o. Have you been in an abusive house with abusive parents before and start wondering if they are ur biological parents. I have been there ok

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by NwaforIgbo: 11:30pm On May 05, 2022
You don't have a job but you managed to buy iPhone?? How una dey prioritize una life self?

1 Like

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by DeAlphaMale(m): 11:31pm On May 05, 2022
Omo at 27 your father is still seizing your phone that you bought for yourself.? Nawa oo na u cause am sha if you dey on your own this things no go happen

1 Like

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by Lucasmuyiwaa: 11:31pm On May 05, 2022
grossintel:
He is a bad boy at 27 them dey seize em phone, are you normal like this ? Boys his age are getting married and having children. At that age I was already living in a 3 bedroom flat and got my first car a year later. I think there is something wrong with the OP, because respect is reciprocal and from his post I can see they don’t respect each other to begin with.

Yes you’re right ...
He doesn’t respect me a bit and shoots at me. So all these things gave me liver to start limiting my respect when he starts wahala .
Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by Lucasmuyiwaa: 11:32pm On May 05, 2022
grossintel:

Please carry me along.
Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by Tobest94: 11:35pm On May 05, 2022
If I were in your shoes, I’ll never return to that house again. Reason is that, will you wait for him to kill you with his hot temper one day? What if he sees cutlass and hit your head thinking you’ll dodge it again? Since you’re a graduate, why don’t you try get a job even if it’s little pay while staying with that your friend Tl you get accommodation for yourself
Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by uche393: 11:36pm On May 05, 2022
leaving your parents house is the best option for you.
if you have something that give you income.

your dad was wrong for seizing your phone and you didn't do anything wrong to go and get ur phone.

the truth to be told, you are a good child. I was like you, until I started reading books and changed. I do disagree with my dad on things that I'm not comfortable with.

we were all trained to believe that our parents are always right, even when you know he is wrong. that's the slave and Master mentality.

your dad injured you but you still believe he is right.

If you have the money to bay your bills... leave the house.

infact sell your iPhone and buy a laptop learn a skill, learn coding.

don't mind the curse... you Will be okay as long as you don't steal his money and you only collected your phone he seized out of ignorance.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by ziggy247: 11:37pm On May 05, 2022
Your Dad is tired of seeing you around. Step up, move out and get your life togethter. Some parents don't know how to talk to their children when it is time to move out of the house.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

My Worst Fear Finally Happened, Please Help / It's A Man That Will Pay For It. Stop Exposing It - Mum Scolds Daughter (Video) / Press Release: I Was Never Married To This Lady - Man Says (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.