Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,933 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! (62845 Views)

My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me / 'My Dad Is A Deadbeat' Top Worn By Daughter On Father's Day / My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by templeRun20(m): 10:40pm On May 05, 2022
Next time he'll get you

1 Like

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by pachigo001(m): 10:40pm On May 05, 2022
27 yrs and your father still de control you shame on you

1 Like

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by Olam09(m): 10:41pm On May 05, 2022
Lucasmuyiwaa:
What happened was that my Dad collected a brand new iPhone I bought from me February last year all because some uncivilized people like him keeps telling him the phone I use is very expensive and said it’s used by yahoo boys and which my Dad hate the word YAHOO.

Though , I felt very sad wondering why he would collect a phone from a 27 years old Son.

I pleaded to him severally to please give me back the phone and I also sent some of his friends which they value each other to him to please help me beg him to return the phone but he keeps telling them he’s not gonna give me and instead get me a small phone that doesn’t browse so as to stop having internet access.

After many Months of using a small Android phone which is very uncomfortable for me and hoping I will gather some money and get a better phone for myself anytime soon.

I waited for some months but couldn’t afford a better phone cuz I don’t want to buy a very low budget phone since I’m addicted to smooth browsing on my IPhone.

Then I tried to find solution for myself by going to find the iPhone he seized in his room even though I don’t enter his room anyhow.

God so good i got into his room when everyone wasn’t aware and I found the phone where he kept it and took it.

I started having conscience on it and asking myself if I’ve messed up.

I came to Nairaland to ask what I should do maybe to return the phone or keep it with me.

I found out some people blamed me for invading his room and getting m my stuff.

Some people told me to return it and never do that again.

when I was going to return the phone I found out that the whole house are back and it’s not possible to go there that time.

I don’t know what to do because it was a luck that nobody was at home that day.

I reasoned to my self maybe I should go and deliver the phone to him myself fearing if he found out the phone is no more there the issue will escalate and will be too late.

The next morning I took the phone to him and told him I find it using a device on the phone with another phone to track it.

He was very annoyed and said what I did was bad with a very cool voice and gave me the phone back himself.

After few hours he called me and said he put some Saudi Money (Riyadh) in the carton he hide my phone and he couldn’t find the money there and asked me if I took it.

I sensed he was trying to tell me that in order to know what I did was bad.

I told him I didn’t take any money there and I honestly didn’t see any money there.

He let me leave and said he will try to find it very well later.

Then just today he called my married elder sister to come to our house and wanted to have a meeting with us cuz we are just two from our late mother.

From his speech he said he can’t be seeing me not working since I’m a graduate and I should find something doing.

He knew I was into exportation of Petrol to Cotonou before the work stopped due to border close down and too much customs officials on the road.

So he started insulting me I’m just being idle and don’t want to work because I’m getting money from yahoo because he returned my phone to me to have internet access.

I accepted all the insults he did to me and didn’t argue with him not until he said if I’m a good boy I won’t go into his room to take my phone and even take his money he kept there the other day.

I then knew he meant that word that I took his money again and which I didn’t even take or see.

Then he began raining insults on me and begin to lay emphasis on the money that I took my phone and his money.

At this point I was very mad and couldn’t hold myself from keeping silence and then I had to break it.

I told him I can take everything he do to me but accusing me wrongfully I will never take that with a mini voice and suddenly wanted to hit me which I run from him to escape.

On running through the steps, he suddenly grab the big stool in the sitting room and dropped it on my head which nearly hit me . (If that stool hit me I don’t know what will happen to me )

But I managed to escape and he started raining curses on me and insulting my late mother for giving him a son like me.

My sister was there too and all she kept saying was I’m very rude to disclaim the accusations and defending myself and she also start insulting me that how dare should I talk when he’s talking.

After few insults he gave me so he came downstairs and started insulting me again while I stand not too far from him.

He quickly picked up a very big stone and a big plank on the floor threw at me which if these two objects meet me I will still be bleeding by now.

He told me with anger that I’m a bastard and cursed me saying it will not better for me and we can never sleep together in the house today and he left and went out.

So my stepmother returned and I narrated everything to her and made her known I’m leaving the house to avoid unnecessary violence again because I’ve been planning to leave the house due to everyday arguments and his nags.

The stepmother told me not to leave the house and rather he will talk to him and calm him down and everything will be fine.

I already made my mind to leave the house and stay at the hotel for some days because my friend which I could go and stay with has traveled last week and said he will be back today.

I got to the hotel and booked the room and having some rests then I saw my stepmother call and she said I should come home and we need to talk.

I sensed maybe she was trying to set me up and I told her I’m at where I’m going to sleep tonight because I just don’t want to come home today.

She said I shouldn’t even think that way and promised me nothing is going to happen.

I believed her because she knows I respected her and I knows she likes me.

Then she told me to come home and sleep and assure me no violence will happen as she just need to talk to me privately which I don’t have idea what else she want to tell me .

Now should I go home or just sleep at the hotel and probably not going to go to that house again soon if I sleep at the hotel today ?

You're a whimp bro. My dad has never seized my phone throughout my teenage years before. I'm 22 now and still living under his roof he respect me so much because he's not the one feeding or clothing me now. I use expensive gadgets both pc and phone and he's never for once seized it before.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by Majesty33(m): 10:43pm On May 05, 2022
To be candid, at a point, African parents abused the privilege they have over their children. A 27 year old man is old enough to own his own personal belongings since it wasnt stolen. Atleast he is above 18 years. Hmmm, my dad tried this with me when u was just 17 years and I dared he couldn't try that when I was 27. Op just leave his house and get your own apartment.

2 Likes

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by Jeffy1206(m): 10:43pm On May 05, 2022
At that age my fada wouldn't dare do same thing to me... Com'on show the old man that you're now a man by manning up to your problems. First move out of the house and be independent. A graduate that you claim to be shouldn't be this scared and frightened angry

1 Like

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by seanwilliam(m): 10:43pm On May 05, 2022
You are probably not contributing anything to the house that’s why you get zero respect at home .

Someone like me , normally , I have anger issues and I will never set my feet in that house again with such level of disrespect.

Weather your father curse you or not, if you no work hard and smart, u go collect from Buhari wotowoto..
I don’t know how much the iPhone worths but
Sell the iPhone , rent a room, buy a student foam and blanket, buy plenty food and subscribe for like 3 months.. don’t go near his house till him call you and if him no call you, make everyone Dey him lane. After all people wey no get papa Dey live life ..
For Christ sake you’re 27, some of your mate don Dey get pikin self.

Focus on your hustle ..

Create respect for your self. If dem no call u , no call dem

4 Likes

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by Legendguy(m): 10:44pm On May 05, 2022
Lucasmuyiwaa:
What happened was that my Dad collected a brand new iPhone I bought from me February last year all because some uncivilized people like him keeps telling him the phone I use is very expensive and said it’s used by yahoo boys and which my Dad hate the word YAHOO.

Though , I felt very sad wondering why he would collect a phone from a 27 years old Son.

I pleaded to him severally to please give me back the phone and I also sent some of his friends which they value each other to him to please help me beg him to return the phone but he keeps telling them he’s not gonna give me and instead get me a small phone that doesn’t browse so as to stop having internet access.

After many Months of using a small Android phone which is very uncomfortable for me and hoping I will gather some money and get a better phone for myself anytime soon.

I waited for some months but couldn’t afford a better phone cuz I don’t want to buy a very low budget phone since I’m addicted to smooth browsing on my IPhone.

Then I tried to find solution for myself by going to find the iPhone he seized in his room even though I don’t enter his room anyhow.

God so good i got into his room when everyone wasn’t aware and I found the phone where he kept it and took it.

I came to Nairaland to ask what I should do maybe to return the phone or keep it with me.

when I was going to return the phone I found out that the whole house are back and it’s not possible to go there that time.

I reasoned to my self maybe I should go and deliver the phone to him myself fearing if he found out the phone is no more there the issue will escalate and will be too late.

The next morning I took the phone to him and told him I find it using a device on the phone with another phone to track it.

He was very annoyed and said what I did was bad with a very cool voice and gave me the phone back himself.

After few hours he called me and said he put some Saudi Money (Riyadh) in the carton he hide my phone and he couldn’t find the money there and asked me if I took it.

I told him I didn’t take any money there and I honestly didn’t see any money there.

Then just today he called my married elder sister to come to our house and wanted to have a meeting with us cuz we are just two from our late mother.

From his speech he said he can’t be seeing me not working since I’m a graduate and I should find something doing.

He knew I was into exportation of Petrol to Cotonou before the work stopped due to border close down and too much customs officials on the road.

So he started insulting me I’m just being idle and don’t want to work because I’m getting money from yahoo because he returned my phone to me to have internet access.

I accepted all the insults he did to me and didn’t argue with him not until he said if I’m a good boy I won’t go into his room to take my phone and even take his money he kept there the other day.

I then knew he meant that word that I took his money again and which I didn’t even take or see.

Then he began raining insults on me and begin to lay emphasis on the money that I took my phone and his money.

At this point I was very mad and couldn’t hold myself from keeping silence and then I had to break it.

I told him I can take everything he do to me but accusing me wrongfully I will never take that with a mini voice and suddenly wanted to hit me which I run from him to escape.

On running through the steps, he suddenly grab the big stool in the sitting room and dropped it on my head which nearly hit me . (If that stool hit me I don’t know what will happen to me )

But I managed to escape and he started raining curses on me and insulting my late mother for giving him a son like me.

My sister was there too and all she kept saying was I’m very rude to disclaim the accusations and defending myself and she also start insulting me that how dare should I talk when he’s talking.

After few insults he gave me so he came downstairs and started insulting me again while I stand not too far from him.

He quickly picked up a very big stone and a big plank on the floor threw at me which if these two objects meet me I will still be bleeding by now.

He told me with anger that I’m a bastard and cursed me saying it will not better for me and we can never sleep together in the house today and he left and went out.

So my stepmother returned and I narrated everything to her and made her known I’m leaving the house to avoid unnecessary violence again because I’ve been planning to leave the house due to everyday arguments and his nags.

The stepmother told me not to leave the house and rather he will talk to him and calm him down and everything will be fine.

I already made my mind to leave the house and stay at the hotel for some days because my friend which I could go and stay with has traveled last week and said he will be back today.

I got to the hotel and booked the room and having some rests then I saw my stepmother call and she said I should come home and we need to talk.

I sensed maybe she was trying to set me up and I told her I’m at where I’m going to sleep tonight because I just don’t want to come home today.

She said I shouldn’t even think that way and promised me nothing is going to happen.

Then she told me to come home and sleep and assure me no violence will happen as she just need to talk to me privately which I don’t have idea what else she want to tell me .

Now should I go home or just sleep at the hotel and probably not going to go to that house again soon if I sleep at the hotel today ?

Bro don't let's any body comment on this make you feel bad.
I Kno exactly the type of your father. He's a very bitter man.
I had similar issues with my dad that we had to fight. I left the house, I only visit during public holiday to visit my mum. During that period I was unemployed and I begged him to assist me with laptop so that I can be learning my programming, graphics design and some online course I bought when I was working. This man refuse saying how can a graduate be learning graphics design and online things I even begged him to loan me that I will be paying it when I start working but he refused. He had the money but he was very wicked and mean.
Fight broke out not because of laptop but on another issues so I have to leave the houy for hom.
Five months after I'm doing well and o have gotten all want I lacked while unemployed and hopeless in his house.
My brother my advice for you is leave that house and start working and raise money to finance what you want or else you will not live up to your potential

3 Likes

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by WantsandMore: 10:44pm On May 05, 2022
Simple matters: Go to your Daddy, prostrate, kneel and roll on the floor asking forgiveness, at this point don't rationalise if you were right or perhaps he was wrong. No, beg him, use the stepmother relationship to execute.
1. Start by confessing that you indeed went into his room without his permission you are sorry, If indeed u didn't take the money offer to sale your phone to raise whatever you can, make sure at this point you bring God into it, use God almighty or whatever he worships as your witness that you didn't take his money and whatever is for peace to reign because it's an abomination fr father and to fight. If he reject the stolen money talk still insist on Returning back the phone, say you don't want to have any trouble with him.
After a couple of days, make sure you start doing all the house chores at home, let him see you have turn a new leaf, you can't trust nobody, your stepmother you trust so much maybe the one instigating shii or not, but never mind, play your part, after a couple of days of calmness ,approach him and ask his opinion on certain things make sure you talk to him as a son to a father should, to cut the long story short, your end game is to try and leav the house as soon as possible with his blessings while he's noticed alot of change in you. Life is hard, don't make it harder, like the prodigal son, b wise my niggah, treat this as temporary setback and move on asap.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by Vipro(m): 10:46pm On May 05, 2022
What course did you study?as in,your qualifications.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 10:47pm On May 05, 2022
I hate how people have already concluded that your father hates you, even though they just read a side of the story.
If as a father, you could watch your child live above his means simply because he's 27, then you are a part of the problem we have today.

The OP is Jobless, maybe the type that stay indoor 24/7 but keep spilling cash. The father have every right to be angry with him.

But, what do I even know.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by Nobody: 10:47pm On May 05, 2022
Lucasmuyiwaa:

Your father has anger issue just like many dads out there.

I see nothing wrong that you went to take your own phone cos he crossed his boundary first. But I wont tell you to disrespect him. Taking your phone isnt disrespecting him like how ppl are saying. Remember that most of these ppl are like him.

Anyway, if you can feed yourself, stay away from him. Move away. Do not listen to your step mom. Go and start fending for yourself.

Guy, no matter how bad your relationship is with your dad, when you are successful, he will accept you. So, keep off for now so that he wont injure you. Imagine he has sent you to 6 ft below, could you have written this epistle? And no one is telling him how violent he is.

Guy, leave home....block their numbers and face your life. At the right time, you will go see him again. This is my advice.

Goodluck!
Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by obowunmi(m): 10:49pm On May 05, 2022
Your father is a bastard and an abuser.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by chieni(f): 10:50pm On May 05, 2022
neonly:

Do u know d kind of sacrifice yur dad endure to raise you to d point where u can afford a phone common it just a phone
U hurt him but you might no know d kind gravity
He probably showing off indirectly to yur step mum dat my children listen to me etc
Yes if you were staying in yur own place d case wound be different but wait his house his rules
My own dad was still beating with correct slap even though I was staying in my own house till I got d age of 38
Bro's it was just a phone you could have saved again to buy another one
It shows u are rude
U try dat my late papa u are done
What yur did was bad accept and try to build trust and d bridge between you and yur dad back OK
Rude in what sense? Didn't you see where he said he was silent but had to defend himself because of the accusation. In other words you will be silent if you are wrongly accused? Its just so easy as humans to claim perfection and point hands at another person.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by SoapQueen(f): 10:50pm On May 05, 2022
SHINJA:

Shut up abeg dey yarn trash . even Bible talk say mk parents no provoke dem pikin...

Which kind papa go dey insult him late wife and dey call her pikin bastard,want even kill am..

God bless you! You're the only person who has written something sensible. From this write up, you can see that the Op sounds so scared and sounds like someone who is constantly being abused emotionally by his father.

Add to that, the Op is 27 years old, abi my eye dey pain me?

I feel so bad

2 Likes

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by Lucasmuyiwaa: 10:51pm On May 05, 2022
subsidywise18:

OP....so you are one of those people who take our subsidized petrol out of the country and sell to people in Benin republic, at our expense.

That's a big reason why Nigeria cannot fund its budget adequately. We lose billions subsiding petrol for people in other countries.

Abeg talk for matter wey dey ground

1 Like

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by SoapQueen(f): 10:51pm On May 05, 2022
PeaceJoyLove:

Your father has anger issue just like many dads out there.

I see nothing wrong that you went to take your own phone cos he crossed his boundary first. But I wont tell you to disrespect him. Taking your phone isnt disrespecting him like how ppl are saying. Remember that most of these ppl are like him.

Anyway, if you can feed yourself, stay away from him. Move away. Do not listen to your step mom. Go and start fending for yourself.

Guy, no matter how bad your relationship is with your dad, when you are successful, he will accept you. So, keep off for now so that he wont injure you. Imagine he has sent you to 6 ft below, could you have written this epistle? And no one is telling him how violent he is.

Guy, leave home....block their numbers and face your life. At the right time, you will go see him again. This is my advice.

Goodluck!

God bless you for this.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by Lekan239(m): 10:51pm On May 05, 2022
neonly:
You are a bad boy
How will feel if yur own child did d same to u
No respect
Karma is waiting
Am sure of you have channeled dat same energy to do some thing surprising for he would has still given u yur phone
But now u have allow phone to break d bridge between and yur father
The money was not d Issie u betray his trust
Goodluck
why not treat your own children the way your parents treated you. Mr karma

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by chronique(m): 10:51pm On May 05, 2022
This your generation dey baffle me honestly. Where you got the mind to enter your father's room to take something. The only time I had unfettered access to my father's room was when I was a child. As a teenager and young adult, I only entered there when sent on errand to bring something or when he calls me in. Just look for a friend he respects and take him with you to beg your father.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by tripoli007(m): 10:51pm On May 05, 2022
Lucasmuyiwaa:

Your time is up in that house , give them some space .

1 Like

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by Nobody: 10:53pm On May 05, 2022
Lucasmuyiwaa:

Abeg talk for matter wey dey ground

Okay. But that yer profession.......

1 Like

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by dewiseacre(m): 10:54pm On May 05, 2022
This story sounds like a Nollywood movie where your step mother, though unassuming, will confess one day as being behind all the issues in your family.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by funbiano: 10:57pm On May 05, 2022
Pls wait till tomorrow before going back home.Then you need elders that are close your daddy to talk to him , because he need to avert the curses he place on you.It is very important.Then most importantly you need to get something doing and leave that house.i think the old man is seeing you as liability in his house.God is your strength

1 Like

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by Shyboyk(m): 10:57pm On May 05, 2022
Lucasmuyiwaa:

Omo my own story long but my dad told me leave his house when I was 20yrs omo I made up my mind and left I just called my mom and explained to her since they are no longer together omo him call me next morning make I dae come bk I went bk and he did as if nothing even happened…. I hate my dad like mad for a lot of reasons pls don’t judge u no know watin I face Abeg ….now he is trying to make amends but I’m not buying to any of it after all the maltreatment…
Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by 50Kilometer: 11:00pm On May 05, 2022
Try to kill him too. na one life everybody get so defend yourself . you no beg am to born you . At 27 you're such a fucccccking pussy.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by Collyti19: 11:01pm On May 05, 2022
You're supposed to be ashamed of yourself 27yrs and still under ur father what do u expect
Do you want to remain under him forever
Guy find way cummot go start family
Seizing of phone is fir kids you're a man for crying out loud
You're supposed to be with children

2 Likes

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by Abascoh: 11:03pm On May 05, 2022
Lucasmuyiwaa:

Listen to me, At 27 years, the worst thing you will do is go back to that house to live. This is time for you to become a man and get your respect and freedom as a man. You didn't disrespect your father in any way, you did the right thing by going to return the phone to him and apologize, that shows you honour him and respect him. Since he gave you the phone back himself then you didn't do anything wrong. Listen, if you have a place you can be sleeping and feeding, go there and start hustling for your life and take responsibility as a man. God will surely bless the work of your hands, don't be afraid of the change, it's time to leave your comfort zone and be a man.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by elinaxy(m): 11:09pm On May 05, 2022
That's why u should have read on, his father didn't buy the phone, It was just a typographical error.
annisy:
After the first two paragraphs I stopped reading at 27 your father is still buying you phone!? Your father is a super dad
Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by Salihusaliheen(m): 11:09pm On May 05, 2022
cococandy:
Your father is abusive. His curse won’t do anything to you.
I don’t know why African parents like to provoke their children

If you had money, he won’t be trying you this way as a 27 year old man that you are
imagine 27 year.me wey be 23 sef wanna leave home

2 Likes

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by toprealman: 11:10pm On May 05, 2022
Lucasmuyiwaa:

You are a man now. Get yourself a place.....that distance is what you need to solve all this mess. You seem like a good lad, believe in God your given abilities.
Continue respecting your dad.....you owe him that. You also seem to have a good stepmum.
Good luck bro!

1 Like

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by Nozino: 11:11pm On May 05, 2022
eniolorunfe:
Enough drama for one day. Make everybody rest!

Go and see them tomorrow or even weekend sef and after the discussions leave. I think it’s time you get your own place… see finish don enter una mata.

God bless you.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by tightpussy156: 11:11pm On May 05, 2022
See yourself.you are a lazy man.you have money buy ip phone and rent hotel.you cant rent your own apartment and be independent.your father can never give you respect as far you under his roof.from the way you talk sound like yahoo boy according to your father because many yahoo boys like staying under there father roof and buying cars.ip phones.bikes and more.who quote me saying truth hug transformer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! by Powersurge: 11:11pm On May 05, 2022
Lucasmuyiwaa:

1. You have not made up your mind.
2. Sleep in peace tonight.
3. I perceived there are so many things you are not saying. I don't know why I kept having the feeling that you are truly doing yahoo. If that's true or not is not my problem. You are a man. Stand where you want to stand. You want to do yahoo? Do it. Want to do legit, do it. But if what that man is saying is right, you need to examine yourself.
4. You you should hv moved out long time ago. But now, it's a bad timing. Go to you stepmother (not tonight) try to settle the issue first. Then move out
5. There were two people that were there. Let's assume your dad was misbehaving, is your sister also misbehaving? I blv u didn't take any money, but it's obvious there are accumulation of perceived bad characters that your dad had being noticing in you for him not fo trust the words of a 27-year old GRADUATE.I don't know you. I can't pass judgment on you. You are a GRADUATE (according to you), EXAMINE yourself. Peace!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

My Worst Fear Finally Happened, Please Help / It's A Man That Will Pay For It. Stop Exposing It - Mum Scolds Daughter (Video) / Press Release: I Was Never Married To This Lady - Man Says (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 243
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.