Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,051 members, 7,835,551 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

Help My Boyfriend Is A Weed Addict - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help My Boyfriend Is A Weed Addict (29190 Views)

Help My Boyfriend Is A Weed Addict: How I Solve My Problem / When Your Boyfriend Is Giving You Tough Competition(pics) / My Boyfriend Is Asking For My Facebook Logging Details, What Should I Do?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help My Boyfriend Is A Weed Addict by zedegit: 2:05pm On May 09, 2022
Abetterperson:
I met my boyfriend sometimes last year, I really love him, he's caring and we complement each other quite well.
His the first son of his family and his dad is quite absent in his life.

he started working at the age of 15 to support his family and has been working since then to support himself and his family, in simplest terms he carries a lot of burdens.
The problem I have with him is that he is addicted to weed, he doesn't let it control him, he functions well but I just have a problem with it.

Please how can I stop him
He says it stops the pain but I don't want it to destroy him.

Why do women make the same mistake over and over again.

You can't change a full grown adult who instead of wanting to stop has found a 'plausible' reason to continue.

I won't be surprised if he's a cultist or area boy too.He might be playing nice until you marry him and find out he's a wife beater.

1 Like

Re: Help My Boyfriend Is A Weed Addict by Oluwomonext212(m): 2:06pm On May 09, 2022
You need to try either to see life in a new dimension... Smile grin grin grin
Sawcy:
God knows I don't drink nor smoke... I have never tried it and never will...

Re: Help My Boyfriend Is A Weed Addict by West2019(m): 2:07pm On May 09, 2022
As e dey take the weed e dey nakar you on bed well bar if yes notin wrong wit dat buh if no try all ur bst nd stop him
Re: Help My Boyfriend Is A Weed Addict by Nobody: 2:08pm On May 09, 2022
Your boyfriend is a damn niggar
Re: Help My Boyfriend Is A Weed Addict by Freed001(m): 2:09pm On May 09, 2022
He's more in love with Maryjane than he is with you kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help My Boyfriend Is A Weed Addict by GUNITGuy: 2:09pm On May 09, 2022
Harrykn:
See why people say ladies can adapt to any situation to fit in the scene....
They don’t love their man smoke and drink yet they enjoy the company is smokers and alcohol abusers.
Money and the prospect of more money is at work here ....they love his money not the the Person...Pity men for this Generation
Re: Help My Boyfriend Is A Weed Addict by Papichulostunne(m): 2:10pm On May 09, 2022
Sawcy:

KOLO.!!!!!!
Re: Help My Boyfriend Is A Weed Addict by cezarman(m): 2:10pm On May 09, 2022
Sawcy:

But is the thread about you

Nobody here cares if you do or don't angry angry
Re: Help My Boyfriend Is A Weed Addict by zedegit: 2:10pm On May 09, 2022
Candidlady:

How do you mean SUCH people undecided

and who told you he can't stop undecided

He doesn't want to stop. He even gave the 'benefit' of weed.

1 Like

Re: Help My Boyfriend Is A Weed Addict by membranus: 2:11pm On May 09, 2022
Sawcy:
He'll never stop it... Truth be told, I've not experienced someone who stopped, maybe because I don't associate myself with such people.

There are millions and one people who have done so. The takers usually stop taking it as they are getting older.

1 Like

Re: Help My Boyfriend Is A Weed Addict by zedegit: 2:12pm On May 09, 2022
Kriss216:

They want a man to suit their selfish desire. Self centered daughters of Eve!

That's not a selfish desire. Stop the blackmail already.

I believe you love women who jump from one man to another.
Re: Help My Boyfriend Is A Weed Addict by Asianjollof007: 2:12pm On May 09, 2022
If he can control himself, he is not addicted. Weed helps, people like us that had a terrible background needs it to stay alive. If not weed, i for don craze for overthinking.

2 Likes

Re: Help My Boyfriend Is A Weed Addict by 001spice: 2:14pm On May 09, 2022
Abetterperson:
I met my boyfriend sometimes last year, I really love him, he's caring and we complement each other quite well.

he started working at the age of 15 to support his family and has been working since then to support himself and his family, in simplest terms he carries a lot of burdens.
The problem I have with him is that he is addicted to weed, he doesn't let it control him, he functions well but I just have a problem with it.

telk him if he doesn`t stop u will stop given him sex
Re: Help My Boyfriend Is A Weed Addict by Mendy101: 2:15pm On May 09, 2022
Abetterperson:

Have actually tried that, but he seems to sink into a huge depression, any way I can help with that.
Yesterday would have been a month he stopped intake, but his brother request for money and he was so depressed on how to get the money he wanted that stuff again.
He's the one paying for his brothers university fees, his mom lapo debt, his sister school fees.
He's carrying the responsibility of a father at the age of 22
Mind u his not into Yahoo, he works from morning till night, sometimes I see the pain in his eyes but I feel helpless, I'm still a student
How can I help with his depression with telling him to cut his family off, they clearly the problem, his mom as even advised him to enter Yahoo, imagine

You want him to cut his family off so that what will happen?, look girl can you just leave that guy alone?, he smokes weed and so?, nobody is perfect, if you can't cope and he can't seem to stop then go find the person that doesn't smoke na leave the young man alone, you are selfish

1 Like

Re: Help My Boyfriend Is A Weed Addict by descartes400: 2:16pm On May 09, 2022
Georgekyrian:

Let me be polite okay, sorry about my earlier post, stopping him smoking is killing him faster..
I tell my own fiancée I can stop alcohol and go soft for health sake but cannot stop MJ because only intakes of Mj can never hurt me instead it heals

Intake of MJ can never harm you, you say?
Refrain from deceiving yourself! angry
Re: Help My Boyfriend Is A Weed Addict by Asianjollof007: 2:16pm On May 09, 2022
zedegit:

You can't change a full grown adult who instead of wanting to stop has found a 'plausible' reason to continue.

I won't be surprised if he's a cultist or area boy too.He might be playing nice until you marry him and find out he's a wife beater.

lol, because he smokes weed he is automatically a woman beater? Guy, no dey reason like this.
Re: Help My Boyfriend Is A Weed Addict by Socratiz: 2:17pm On May 09, 2022
Every addiction is developed as a way to cope with problems/ trauma but it is a maladaptive cooing mechanism. An addiction recovery counsellor can help him develop a better and adaptive coping mechanism.

Growing up with an absent father induces childhood trauma which is being exacerbated by the huge responsibility your boyfriend has to bear at an early age.

It would require the expertise of a psychotherapist to resolve the childhood trauma and to learn adaptive coping mechanisms.

You can send me a mail

1 Like

Re: Help My Boyfriend Is A Weed Addict by jyz200(m): 2:21pm On May 09, 2022
Weed is life
That’s how one girl try to stop me at the uni
Las las she break up and Mary j is still with me
I love you Mary j

1 Like

Re: Help My Boyfriend Is A Weed Addict by OKOATA(m): 2:21pm On May 09, 2022
zedegit:

Fela, Burna, Wizkid, Davido, all the weeds smokers infact na all of them be cultist, area boys and them dey beat their wives and GF. How some people like you reason like fly baffles me.

1 Like

Re: Help My Boyfriend Is A Weed Addict by AfroKnight: 2:21pm On May 09, 2022
Abetterperson:

Normally I don't reply bullies but please if u don't have some reasonable to say kindly shut up
Do u think am stupid, he's actually carrying a lot of burdens which I understand, what I don't understand is his coping method.
That's y I'm here asking for help, if he rejects my help over and over again, I will have to leave him in order to save me
The reason I'm still with him is because he's nice, but don't think I will destroy myself because of anybody
So do u have any reasons advice or do u want to stay quiet

He lied to you. He doesn’t smoke to cope with his “burdens”. He smokes because he is addicted.

He will never stop.

Weed smokers are more pigheaded and delusional than cigarette/tobacco smokers. They will never agree that it’s hazardous. Some even deny that it’s addictive or that it’s a drug. grin People wey go argue with professors of medicine and be quoting studies they cannot verify.

If you can’t adjust and accept him like that, find your way. He will not stop smoking weed.
Re: Help My Boyfriend Is A Weed Addict by otunbateejay(m): 2:24pm On May 09, 2022
Abetterperson:

... As he ever been react to u whenever he smoke oh sorry during the sex abi ok let me tell u one thing about men is that u can never see 100% pure men u take urs as ur cross since the weed dnt control him

1 Like

Re: Help My Boyfriend Is A Weed Addict by pixypixs(m): 2:25pm On May 09, 2022
Sawcy:
He'll never stop it... Truth be told, I've not experienced someone who stopped, maybe because I don't associate myself with such people.
Was an addict for more than 7 years and I stopped since 2014. Never to return since then.
Re: Help My Boyfriend Is A Weed Addict by zedegit: 2:26pm On May 09, 2022
OKOATA:
Fela, Burna, Wizkid, Davido, all the weeds smokers infact na all of them be cultist, area boys and them dey beat their wives and GF. How some people like you reason like fly baffles me.

I pity you. How much do you know these people you mentioned? Have you lived with any of them to know how they relate with their partners? How many times have some of them been called out for irresponsible behavior or has your love for their music beclouded your senses?

1 Like

Re: Help My Boyfriend Is A Weed Addict by candygist: 2:26pm On May 09, 2022
Sawcy:

Oga,Nobody asked you.
Re: Help My Boyfriend Is A Weed Addict by zedegit: 2:28pm On May 09, 2022
Asianjollof007:

lol, because he smokes weed he is automatically a woman beater? Guy, no dey reason like this.

That's my own contribution sha. She's free of course to dive in and bear the consequences.
Re: Help My Boyfriend Is A Weed Addict by Jlow2: 2:31pm On May 09, 2022
And you think announcing it to the world is how to get solution
Re: Help My Boyfriend Is A Weed Addict by zedegit: 2:31pm On May 09, 2022
OKOATA:
Maybe it's the way the weed smells after smoking that makes you dislike it. Get him a perfume whenever he smokes so you don't perceive the odour but if you can't, leave him alone and let him be. Afterall wizzy,davido have girls who love and worship them.

Love? If they had no money would they 'love' them?

Hmm.
Re: Help My Boyfriend Is A Weed Addict by Jlow2: 2:32pm On May 09, 2022
And you think announcing it to the world is how to get solution, you have just created more problems to yourself
Re: Help My Boyfriend Is A Weed Addict by Pootle: 2:38pm On May 09, 2022
what a man you gat there...keep him, u will never regret
Re: Help My Boyfriend Is A Weed Addict by virginchaser(m): 2:39pm On May 09, 2022
Fact is they don't stop.
Re: Help My Boyfriend Is A Weed Addict by Originalsly: 2:42pm On May 09, 2022
Weed itself is not addictive... and it does make people mellow... and ease pain. Cigarettes are wayyyy worse than weed .... but our society does not see it that way... weed is the villain... as would you be sooo concerned if it were cigerettes? Smoking period is not good... maybe he can have his intake as a tea. Because weed is not addictive... sellers usually spike it/add an addictive substance which the user get addictive to but never knows. Same with cigarettes... the tobacco itself is not addictive so nicotine is added to it and users become addicted to the nicotine. If his weed is spiked... then there is a problem. People have different vices... if weed is his... then let it be... many others are worse.
Re: Help My Boyfriend Is A Weed Addict by Johel(m): 2:42pm On May 09, 2022
Abetterperson:

You are the problem!...you think handling big responsibility is a joke? U want make man crase?...that weed is what has been keeping your bf going,abeg allow the young man be...weed is bae,be a source of motivation to him... I'm a chronic weed smoker and I function on 100,...if I were you,I will join him...Una love go sweet pass the ones for India films...lol

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Amazing Power Of The Kitchen And The Other Room. / DÎCK: Ladies, Choose One of These Díck Bulges. NA GIRLS DEY RUSH US [PICTURES] / Guys, What Is The Greatest Lie A Woman Has Ever Told You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.