Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,763 members, 7,955,913 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:31 PM

"Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video (68478 Views)

Japa: From Bank Manager To Skyscraper Cleaner / Lady Cleans Makeup Off The Faces Of Ladies Who Offered Her N1.5k After Service / An Elderly Woman Who Cleans A Lagos Federal Road Selflessly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by peterdrock001(m): 1:14pm On May 25, 2022
At least abroad, the harder you work, the more you earn but in Nigeria, the harder you work, the closer you get to the grave. While seeing people who virtually do nothing but earning in one month what the masses can't earn in a trillion years

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Olumaeme: 1:14pm On May 25, 2022
Is there a country where you pick up money on the floor? I dont think so!

If you think you cant clean, then go study medicine and get a job nau!

People are running away from Nigeria not solely for jobs but security and good standard of living.

My nurse colleaque who work for an NGO earning about 500k is relocating to UK now, and he is very comfortable here!
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by uniquelyspecial(m): 1:15pm On May 25, 2022
Them dey beg you stay there?
Brother come back ooo.

We will gladly receive you.
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Cti28(m): 1:15pm On May 25, 2022
pansophist:
What people don't realize is that there is no such thing as a career, or I will put it this way, the people that have a fulfilling career are very tiny, and you may struggle to find one if you embark on a search for them. If the job pays you well to live a respectable life, you are good to go. The idea that you must be in a suit with a tie in an office, and that is the goal is nonsense. Arrant nonsense.

Our society and civilization are not built on suits and ties. It's hard griding work. From the peasants building and maintaining railways to long-haul drivers driving trucks interstate or even countries, to the sewage workers, the farmers, traffic guys, and so forth. These are the people that powers society, the majority in the background, not the tiny veneer of men in suits that are sprinkled on top. In other words, we live in a cappuccino society, where beneath is an untold amount of ordinary men keeping the system from crumbling, but with a sprinkle of tiny men on suits on top. Don't be deceived, it's a farce.

And here comes the most important one, which is contentment. Contentment doesn't mean settling for less, or not aspiring to be more, but it's about being okay with what you have while working to improve it. Probably Nigeria hasn't reached the peak of educated masses, but in all developed countries where most of the populations are educated up to 99% (eg Canada, US, UK), the majority of the workforce are not happy with their jobs, and even Ph.D. holders do taxi jobs.

This is sad to say, but personally, I see how many of my ex-classmates torture themselves just because they think life after school should be nirvana. Some postpone the pain by taking more courses, embarking on more degrees, and so forth, but shifting the goal post doesn't mean the post isn't there, it's still waiting albeit, a bit farther. Perhaps if they could just see that the world is not powered by men in suits, but by men on rags, it shall be well with them.
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Givemehope(f): 1:15pm On May 25, 2022
donaldking10:

If you are rich, the best place to spend your money & have rest of mind without thinking of too much taxation to me is still Nigeria.
Apart from the fact you are a into Medicine, Nursing or I.T which pay well abroad, 90% of the time it's actually frustration, unemployment & lack of opportunities in Nigeria that make people try to travel out of the country.
I have a friend who spent more than 2 million Naira trying to aquire a U.S Visa. Few weeks to the day he was supposed to fly to the U.S, he got a job of 500K per month in Umuahia.
Immediately my guy abandoned all the plans he had of traveling out, plus the 2 million he had already spent & Immediately accepted the job.
Now he's doing well, just bought a Car & is already planning on building a house & settling down.
He no longer even thinks of leaving the country again.
The devil you know, is better than the angel you don't know.
A lot of people still went to the U.S & flopped big time.

You said "if you are rich". So what as I am not rich?

2 Likes

Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by GUNITGuy: 1:16pm On May 25, 2022
What's all this about discouraging People
There's is good or better life out there in the US stop deceiving people not to pursue their Dreams

2 Likes

Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Ifakiland(m): 1:16pm On May 25, 2022
Anitaarthur:
A US-based Nigerian man who works as a window cleaner has shared a hustling video of himself while advising his colleagues in Nigeria not to be deceived by what social media presents to them all day about foreign countries.

The video the man shared on social media shows the moment he was in the sky cleaning the windows of a skyscraper with his colleague African brothers.

They are seen hanging on a lever on the building moving up and down horizontally.

https://allgistroom.com/abroad-life-man-skyscraper-windows/

Him papa, why him no go school for there or get more education to earn better money and get better job....the fool just dey waste slot for usa
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Angelfrost(m): 1:16pm On May 25, 2022
These 'abroad life is not easy' people should quit already...

It is not easy yet you don't want to return to an "easier" Naija.

1 Like

Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by FireUpNow(m): 1:17pm On May 25, 2022
He should board the next available flight home to Naija. Make he dey mistaken for there.
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by starstunna1313(m): 1:17pm On May 25, 2022
Anitaarthur:
A US-based Nigerian man who works as a window cleaner has shared a hustling video of himself while advising his colleagues in Nigeria not to be deceived by what social media presents to them all day about foreign countries.

The video the man shared on social media shows the moment he was in the sky cleaning the windows of a skyscraper with his colleague African brothers.

They are seen hanging on a lever on the building moving up and down horizontally.

Let him come back to Nigeria make I hear say he go even see work at all. Talk more of he is working and being paid sef
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by uthlaw: 1:17pm On May 25, 2022
Realist12:
If them tell you day he easy na set up , it saddens me to see educated Nigerians gathering their resources to travel out of the country only to do menial jobs they can't do in Nigeria.
is still better off!
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by GUNITGuy: 1:18pm On May 25, 2022
donaldking10:

You can actually get your points across without having to insult people who are obviously older than you & doing better than you.
From how you are typing, i can obviously conclude you are still a boy who's yet to experience anything in life.
For how many years would you keep working as a laborer abroad before you get tired??
Any reasonable person would prefer a good paying job with security & retirement benefits to being a laborer for life.
And mind you, his salary of 500k is just for starters.
If his promotion comes as expected, he would be earning more than 5 million Naira in a month before retirement.
Then try to imagine how many million Naira his gratuity would be together with his pensions after retirement.
That is what is called job security & earning money without stress.
But if you still prefer to be a laborer abroad who would be cleaning windows for a living for life, then so be it.
Then he would still use the money t send his children abroad...

1 Like

Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Nobody: 1:18pm On May 25, 2022
Anitaarthur:

I know the Mods are Just trying to drive traffic for Seeun. Well to the mumu OP, Board the next available flight to shiiithole and let's hear Word. Nonsense mtcheeew...
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by starstunna1313(m): 1:19pm On May 25, 2022
ttobizz:

See the high risk good paying job wey d guy dey do for US, he come nairaland dey deceive people.

He for come 9ja come dig suckaway. Mumu!

I swear if I catch the guy I fit injure him. The best part of it is that he is provided with all the necessary and best safety measures and gadgets

2 Likes

Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Asianjollof007: 1:20pm On May 25, 2022
pansophist:

I just de try use my sense to it's fullest grin

God bless you, bro
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by awuri4: 1:20pm On May 25, 2022
Ask this guy the average salary of a level rope access technician cleaner in a month in USA. That guy is in loads of money. He makes well over $8000 dollars a month. That is about 4.5million in Naira.
Ask him to come back to for the same job with meager #300k per month.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by lascos912(m): 1:21pm On May 25, 2022
I think he is trying to avoid village people
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Reference(m): 1:21pm On May 25, 2022
So what will he call a credible job.... sitting behind a desk bound computer... and trading in bits and bytes...
Those who ensure he gets drinking water, electric power to watch telly, and secure the streets at night equally expose themselves to mortal danger every waking day...
He should quit and rope himself into easy money and the attendant crime... since that is the natural default of the average Nigerian.
Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by ashawopikin(m): 1:21pm On May 25, 2022
Anitaarthur:

then why u never come back?
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by mu2sa2: 1:24pm On May 25, 2022
Realist12:
If them tell you day he easy na set up , it saddens me to see educated Nigerians gathering their resources to travel out of the country only to do menial jobs they can't do in Nigeria.
I know a man who saw a security guard at a shop in London. To his utter surprise, the guard was a lecturer at a top federal university in Nigeria before relocating for "greener pastures" - a case of from grace to grass!
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by ashawopikin(m): 1:24pm On May 25, 2022
seanwilliam:

There’s no way on earth I’ll dump my sure America visa for a 500k job in Nigeria .

That’s just 800$ . If I can make 500k monthly here in Nigeria , trust me I’ll make 5m in yankee .. how will I do it? You no worry . Make I reach first
my gee
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by magzey: 1:24pm On May 25, 2022
A food for thought to those who call their country A zoo. Still they live in the zoo I don't know which animal name they give themselves grin

1 Like

Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by JooEeL(m): 1:25pm On May 25, 2022
Mcslize:

Which rest of mind are you posting about? Pls edit and delete that statement from that post.

Where are you getting the rest of mind from? In this war torn zone called country?

Even if you are rich, there is no rest of mind in Nigeria for any one. Seems like you are not in this country and ain't aware of all the horrific happenings.

This is why I give up on black people. Can you see the statement coming from that complete mugu in the 3rd-most terrorised country?

Black people can adapt to nonsense. That's why they're always close to dustbin, wherever they may be across the world.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by endy69: 1:25pm On May 25, 2022
donaldking10:

If you are rich, the best place to spend your money & have rest of mind without thinking of too much taxation to me is still Nigeria.
Apart from the fact you are a into Medicine, Nursing or I.T which pay well abroad, 90% of the time it's actually frustration, unemployment & lack of opportunities in Nigeria that make people try to travel out of the country.
I have a friend who spent more than 2 million Naira trying to aquire a U.S Visa. Few weeks to the day he was supposed to fly to the U.S, he got a job of 500K per month in Umuahia.
Immediately my guy abandoned all the plans he had of traveling out, plus the 2 million he had already spent & Immediately accepted the job.
Now he's doing well, just bought a Car & is already planning on building a house & settling down.
Till you become victim of insecurity

2 Likes

Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by lagonovo: 1:25pm On May 25, 2022
Mumu, you should just say "Abroad life is not LAZY!". Simple.

1 Like

Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by BOYS2MEN: 1:26pm On May 25, 2022
Thunder fire you dia....ewu!!! You for come back na as e b say e nor dey easy....all this mumu wey lazy to d bone ...yanning trash
Anitaarthur:

Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Angelfrost(m): 1:27pm On May 25, 2022
Karleb:

It is a very good take home, I don't doubt that but it doesn't make you rich.

You are just comfortable especially in a place like Abia or Ondo.

How many Nigerians make that amount monthly?!!

How many Nigerians working hard and smart even make half of that a month?!!

How many Nigerians are truly rich according to your definition of rich??! In the same vein, how many Americans, Europeans, etc are RICH according to their nations' economies?!!!

How many of the population of the universe working and hustling are RICH?!! OR will ever be rich no matter how they hustle?!! I'm talking legit wealth!

See ehn... Don't fool yourself or think to fool others!

If you get a good job or vocation paying your basic bills, then you are among the comfortable majority around the world!

It is this misuse of the term RICH or unnecessary pressure on people to look down on their level of success that breeds desperation and criminality.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by oliviacute(f): 1:29pm On May 25, 2022
donaldking10:

if alot of Nigerians had that opportunity, why would they want to travel overseas
Your friend is lucky that doesn't mean others are that lucky
Whatever rocks anybody boat coz Nigeria is bleeped up Currently
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by Enyimbamercedes: 1:29pm On May 25, 2022
No where did he say "life was hard"

He is showing the stark reality of life in "the abroad"!

This is so that entitled individuals like the one who came to post that his uncle sent him only 30k will know that they do not pick the money off the streets!

1 Like

Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by nedekid: 1:30pm On May 25, 2022
Funny man, naija men go do that work for free sef just to de Yankee.
Me weh pay painter to paint 5 floor building. I expect the guy to bring scaffolding to take do the work.
Omo, I shock when I drove pass and saw the fellows using ladder. One person de for ground hold Ladder, the other carry paint and brush climb. No safety gear at all. (meanwhile I pay for scaffolding ohh).
Re: "Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video by KaluwisxPRO: 1:30pm On May 25, 2022
donaldking10:

On top $800 Job??

Do your research properly and you will find out your friend made the biggest mistake of his life. Nigeria big mmen think say them dey Enjoy until them travel out.

You will never understand where people are coming from with that mindset until your out and start seeing things from uptown.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Busty And Sexy Ghanaian Police Lady Shares Lovely Pictures / Keke Driver Returned N1.1M To Owner, Rewarded With N200 For Recharge Card / Two Nigerian Sisters Who Are Pilots (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.