Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,250 members, 7,829,461 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? (66310 Views)

Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? / My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) / Sapa Concoction Rice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by uniquelyspecial(m): 7:47pm On Jun 04, 2022
BigTableShaker:

You don't know concoction rice.

It's a rice with Alubosa, maggi, salt, grounded pepper and vegetable oil with Eggs boiled in the concoction OR fresh ice fish.

Any other thing apart from this is another thing.

I guess you be nyamiri?!
Is this one Nigerian at all?
Is he the innovator of concoction rice?
Who gave him that as the definition of concotion rice?

He needs to do better in an attempt to shake tables

1 Like

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by SpecialEdition: 7:48pm On Jun 04, 2022
Yummy yummy.
I will make one tomorrow.
Brings memories.
Thank you.
Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Riverville(m): 7:48pm On Jun 04, 2022
The rice go well... Nor mind them bad belle them.
Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by uniquelyspecial(m): 7:50pm On Jun 04, 2022
TechBIogger:
and to make it worse she's 33 years old behaving like a 14 year old minor on this forum called boredberry
Forgive her and the likes of her here.
Remember it has been found that maturity is not absolutely dependent on age.

Not all mental issues are exhibited as madness.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Channah1(f): 7:50pm On Jun 04, 2022
i926:
Channah1, I almost thought you were my younger sister. This is one of her favourite style of cooking jollof rice while growing up, and it ain't bad at all, when it hits one's taste buds.

People saying this ain't concoction jollof rice, should know that this method is one, but I have never tried it before.

Well done

Oh.. really?

I wonder why they're saying it's not concoction.

My definition of concoction is rice that you just pack everything inside at once without the usual ceremonial process that other types of rice requires..

1 Like

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Bahamas95(m): 7:53pm On Jun 04, 2022
TechBIogger:
you must be a slim fellow
Not fat and not too slim, just normal body size and I love it.

God forbid! I don't wanna get fat.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by We4all: 7:54pm On Jun 04, 2022
ubee:
I'm trying to wrap my head around this your story.

You mean as a primary school pupil, your mother had already handed over responsibility of cooking some less complex meals to you and your siblings?

Was she the type that was mostly not at home due to nature of her work?

In primary school i couldn't even wash my pants, let alone cook for myself.

If my memory is right, i think it was at my SS1 that i started getting the freedom to try stuff for myself in the kitchen.

This is because you were over pampered.
Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by ubee(m): 7:56pm On Jun 04, 2022
You are very correct.
It is important to note though i wasn't trying to insinuate that the mother was wrong leaving cooking responsibilities to her kids at such an early age.
I am just genuinely surprised.

We were not pampered kids, and didn't have 'very much', and our mother was always on point in training and being hard on my sisters, but none of them started cooking by primary 3 like the OP said she started.
And in the morning before going to skool shocked shocked
Wow! Different strokes for different folks sha.
SirMichael1:

Dude, you're a guy and more so, culture plays a major role in determining when a person begins kitchen work.
Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by IbileIfe: 8:00pm On Jun 04, 2022
Channah1:
grin grin grin.

Shame all you want. Provided I don eat belleful, I ain't bothered about your negative comments.
I give God the glory for providing for me.
Thank you Jesus.
HALLELUJAH!
What of the bottle of soft drink?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by gloryhomemaker(f): 8:03pm On Jun 04, 2022
Looks delicious
Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by care4you: 8:03pm On Jun 04, 2022
Channah1:

See how you cut your finger nails just because you want to post on nairaland... grin grin grin grin

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Johel(m): 8:08pm On Jun 04, 2022
Channah1:
Yes. I just remembered how we used to prepare concoction rice ( after momsy handed over cooking to us) back in the primary school days before going to school in the morning.

Pics 1 Main ingredient used in this recipe.
Scent leaves
Smoked Titus
Fresh pepper/ tomatoes
Jollof spice. Palm oil was used and dry ground pepper.

Pics 2... Cooked the rice till almost done with tiny water in it.

Pics 3.
Added jollof rice spice. This is my first time using this spice. Didn't know it was red. So I just added a little as you can see in the pics.

Pics 4... Added the onion, fish and veggies.

It's concoction rice tho...from what I see e go sweet...I for like folo u Choo am sha..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by RPG2020(m): 8:14pm On Jun 04, 2022
Channah1:
grin grin grin.

Shame all you want. Provided I don eat belleful, I ain't bothered about your negative comments.
I give God the glory for providing for me.
Thank you Jesus.

Look like omelet
Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by pocohantas(f): 8:14pm On Jun 04, 2022
Channah1:

Lol.. funnily enough, I never lived with any. Just that when ever we travel to the village, I used to watch them cook this kind of food.

Of course, trust now. I ate it when it was still very hot.

grin

I see cheesy. I learned the soups, but not the rice and stew. I can make them though, but I think they are quick meals you just cook and eat when you crave them. After that, back to ajebo meals. Lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Mattwillz: 8:15pm On Jun 04, 2022
Looks yummy...bt i dnt knw why i always prefer Chopchopfine style of cooking...peace

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How Fraudsters Manufacture Fake Coca-Cola Products: Be Warned / Party Food Packed With N500 Notes Added To Them (Photo) / Dipping Bread In Tea: How Many Of You Still Do This? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.