Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,446 members, 7,830,226 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? (66317 Views)

Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? / My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) / Sapa Concoction Rice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by YeyeGbami: 7:08pm On Jun 04, 2022
Channah1:
grin grin grin.

Shame all you want. Provided I don eat belleful, I ain't bothered about your negative comments.
I give God the glory for providing for me.
Thank you Jesus.

This na rice wey i see done well, not all these hard rice wen people dey chop nowadays.
You did well and don't mind all those bad belle, majority of them cannot even boil water.

Some no even fit afford such meal, yet they are shaming themselves.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by frankfrank(m): 7:10pm On Jun 04, 2022
Channah1:
Pics 5.. crushed some seasoning inside it.

Pics 6... Added the tomatoes.

Pics 7 added the dry pepper for to make it more spicy

Pics 8.... I then added palm oil.

See fresh hand, na only witin I see be that. �

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Bahamas95(m): 7:11pm On Jun 04, 2022
MemoriesAndMe:

You're right, rice is delicious... But...
just always watch your health metrics. Excess of everything is bad for the health.

Diabetics shouldn't eat too much of rice; it kills them faster. But no one would know if they're diabetic if they don't check their glucose levels often.
Ya, I go for check up at least once a year.

1 Like

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by mediclife1987(m): 7:11pm On Jun 04, 2022
Bahamas95:
There's no day that passes without me eating rice, have been eating it from childhood. My day can't be complete without a plate of rice...... Even if I don't eat swallow for a week I won't miss it.

How come your face come look like Amala and not Rice
Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by abimic(m): 7:11pm On Jun 04, 2022
It appears scrumptious and yummy, channah1. kiss

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Channah1(f): 7:11pm On Jun 04, 2022
WatchYourSix:

This ur rice that graduated from harvard...with big fish and leaves, pepper, tomatoes, etc

....this one is not concortion rice ooo... u never see concortion....e be like say na UK u graduate

Lol... Na Naija I graduate o.
YeyeGbami:

This na rice wey i see done well, not all these hard rice wen people dey chop nowadays.
You did well and don't mind all those bad belle, majority of them cannot even boil water.

Some no even fit afford such meal, yet they are shaming themselves.

I can't eat hard rice o. Most times if Im offered that kind of rice at parties ( takeaway) I still go home, add water and recook it.

Thank you Kate. Your head dey there.
Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Bahamas95(m): 7:16pm On Jun 04, 2022
mediclife1987:

How come your face come look like Amala and not Rice
Lol, don't know what you talking about.....I have only eaten amala once in my life, that was when I traveled to South West.
Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jun 04, 2022
Channah1, I almost thought you were my younger sister. This is one of her favourite style of cooking jollof rice while growing up, and it ain't bad at all, when it hits one's taste buds.

People saying this ain't concoction jollof rice, should know that this method is one, but I have never tried it before.

Well done

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Channah1(f): 7:17pm On Jun 04, 2022
frankfrank:

See fresh hand, na only witin I see be that. �

Lol.. so you no see my rice? grin ok na.

Thanks dear.

1 Like

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Channah1(f): 7:19pm On Jun 04, 2022
abimic:

Thanks darl.
Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by BlueAir: 7:19pm On Jun 04, 2022
undecided really immature
Ishilove:

Stop projecting and go finish up your food for the gods.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by reddingtonblack: 7:26pm On Jun 04, 2022
Ishilove:
This is a meal fit for the gods. Specifically the god of the T-junction, Esu.

iya awero

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by muyico(m): 7:27pm On Jun 04, 2022
Which tribe?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by nnamdiosu(m): 7:27pm On Jun 04, 2022
Channah1:

Frustration is real.

Cia o!

You really need to learn how to keep calm, ignore and overlook words spoken at you.
It will help you grow.

You don't need to respond to every thing .
God bless you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by omooba969(m): 7:29pm On Jun 04, 2022
Iamzik:
See better wife material!

Nne send me ya number☺️☺️

Dis wife material na 1 yard...lol grin

1 Like

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by ceejay80s(m): 7:30pm On Jun 04, 2022
this ain't concorsion rice, back in the days , there was no jollof seasoning, and I used groundnut oil back in the 90s secondary school not pry,
Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Neoteny7: 7:30pm On Jun 04, 2022
Channah1:
After adding the palm oil, I covered it to steam and dry properly.

Pics 9 stired and done for next level.

Pics 10.... Dished and served myself a plate of concoction rice.

Lalasticlala.. come and join me.

Taste so delicious just the way I envisaged it.

Now before you come for my head about the mushy rice, that's how I like my rice.

Mushy rice is the best

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Tobest94: 7:32pm On Jun 04, 2022
I remembered this method , you’re right on it but fish no follow for this kind rice. Na sapa recipe those days

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Neoteny7: 7:33pm On Jun 04, 2022
Channah1:

Frustration is real.

Cia o!

Ignore her.

Your food looks great and probably tastes as well.

Concoction rice is a general term, any method of quick cooking of Jollof without the fancy is concoction rice.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by omooba969(m): 7:34pm On Jun 04, 2022
abimic:

Your type never say the truth, why are you deceiving channah1.

Nonsense!
Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Allisgud: 7:35pm On Jun 04, 2022
If u no sabi cook,u no sabi be that unless u no won learn,
Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by SPAMBOX7: 7:36pm On Jun 04, 2022
Channah1:
Pics 5.. crushed some seasoning inside it.

Pics 6... Added the tomatoes.

Pics 7 added the dry pepper for to make it more spicy

Pics 8.... I then added palm oil.
Concoction pack ingredients wey even better fried rice never see lol your definition of concoction rice funny asf lmfao

1 Like

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by brainhgeek(m): 7:37pm On Jun 04, 2022
Channah1:
Yes. I just remembered how we used to prepare concoction rice ( after momsy handed over cooking to us) back in the primary school days before going to school in the morning.

Pics 1 Main ingredient used in this recipe.
Scent leaves
Smoked Titus
Fresh pepper/ tomatoes
Jollof spice. Palm oil was used and dry ground pepper.

Pics 2... Cooked the rice till almost done with tiny water in it.

Pics 3.
Added jollof rice spice. This is my first time using this spice. Didn't know it was red. So I just added a little as you can see in the pics.

Pics 4... Added the onion, fish and veggies.

Concoction wey get scent leaves, smoked Titus, fresh pepper/ tomatoes.....they na concoction be that or rice wey go havard.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by uniquelyspecial(m): 7:39pm On Jun 04, 2022
Ishilove:

Kinder ko, kindergarten ni. Your comment was written like the KG pupil you are.

How was I rude, grandchild? Shut your trap when adults are talking, capisce?

Anyway, it is my opinion and I'm sticking to it. If you don't like it you can go take a bath with fufu water. Nansense
Why are you doing this to yourself na?

Is it just to be noticed or be given some "likes"?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by omooba969(m): 7:44pm On Jun 04, 2022
ubee:
I'm trying to wrap my head around this your story.

You mean as a primary school pupil, your mother had already handed over responsibility of cooking some less complex meals to you and your siblings?

Was she the type that was mostly not at home due to nature of her work?

In primary school i couldn't even wash my pants, let alone cook for myself.

If my memory is right, i think it was at my SS1 that i started getting the freedom to try stuff for myself in the kitchen.

Lol grin I see what you're trying to do there...looks like you're tryna give channah1 a dress down. grin
Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by TechBIogger: 7:44pm On Jun 04, 2022
Chopchopfine:
It was the fastest way of Cooking. The flavor of the oil remains in your mouth.
are you married
Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Channah1(f): 7:45pm On Jun 04, 2022
TechBIogger:
you fernandezisback and that pocohantas I wonder who useless and foolish pass for this forum.
To even make it worse you're in your 30's and you still refused to grow up.
No wonder why Seun sacked you as mod.
Learn from cococandy, that lady got class.

Cc Channah1 abeg don't be bothered by their comment I will try this one out.
What's the name of that seasoning powder

My dear...

The seasoning is Nora jollof spice.

Thanks darl.
Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by TechBIogger: 7:45pm On Jun 04, 2022
Bahamas95:
There's no day that passes without me eating rice, have been eating it from childhood. My day can't be complete without a plate of rice...... Even if I don't eat swallow for a week I won't miss it.
you must be a slim fellow
Re: Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jun 04, 2022
This is not concoction rice jare ..

Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How Fraudsters Manufacture Fake Coca-Cola Products: Be Warned / Party Food Packed With N500 Notes Added To Them (Photo) / Dipping Bread In Tea: How Many Of You Still Do This? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.