Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,379 members, 7,815,806 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

Why Are some Men Neglected In Marriage By Their Wives After Having Kids? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are some Men Neglected In Marriage By Their Wives After Having Kids? (32210 Views)

Why Do Most Nigerian Men Change Towards Their Wives After Having Kids / Why Men Will Always Be Neglected In Marriage By Their Wives After Having Kids / Why Do Men Lose Interest In Their Wives After Few Years In Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are some Men Neglected In Marriage By Their Wives After Having Kids? by pocohantas(f): 3:29pm On Jun 13, 2022
JONNYSPUTE:
..... Lol. You got it right. They are very easy to buy over and iy makes them to cling more on the side of whomever that is very close to them. Don't be surprised that it can even be the househelp in some cases.
So I don't believe that they love their mothers more although she is the one that is usually with them but we men should do better and bring out time for our kids.

I'm always happy whenever I have time to do school runs and even the kids will be like,I want daddy to come and pick us because he will buy ice cream for us.

You sabi them!!!!! If you carry your child and keep with the devil himself. Once he starts buying them bobo and meatpie, omo! Any day you come back for your own child, cry!

Let's learn to do our job and stop complaining but the issue of my money is for just me and my kids is not a very nice statement.

Your brothers fit do person strong thing na. What you ordered (Vs) What you got. grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Are some Men Neglected In Marriage By Their Wives After Having Kids? by SoapQueen(f): 3:30pm On Jun 13, 2022
Saintmary:

You have no responsibility to love a man who doesn't love you.

Imagine Yul Edochie complaining that May has abandoned him after his mess up, is it not hilarious?

Leave the mumu man. I pray she dumps his narcissistic, manipulative dumbass.
Re: Why Are some Men Neglected In Marriage By Their Wives After Having Kids? by Hassanmaye(m): 3:30pm On Jun 13, 2022
ahnie:

Oga leave me and my marriage and family alone,my husband is not cheating and has never cheated.

I also need you to know that...I fee King owe you no apologies, you're not a stakeholder in my home.

I don't know if any of your sisters are having turbulent marriages,but leave my home the feck alone....

Pls channel your obsession with me to getting a better job and be damn fruitful to the society.

This would be the last time I would ever caution you again.

Cc: Lalasticlala
Chidi2022
Seun
Royalroy

We would stop marrying and enjoy ourselves to the fullest.
Re: Why Are some Men Neglected In Marriage By Their Wives After Having Kids? by toujurs: 3:31pm On Jun 13, 2022
Chidi2022:
Ahhh pele.... Don't kill your mother oooh...see vein for all your neck.... frustrated animal... Your useless mother should have swallowed you as a BJ...SOB.....
This is what DenreleDave wanted, for ahnie to have opportunity to run thier mouth..Just like you an idiot is doing... Get your smelling balls out of here...
grin grin grin how were you able to see the veins na? So the rain falling from his mouth, you didn't see that too cheesy
Re: Why Are some Men Neglected In Marriage By Their Wives After Having Kids? by NoToPile: 3:31pm On Jun 13, 2022
SoapQueen:

Second, motherhood is alot. And Nigerian men are in the habit of over stressing their wives. When a mother has tended to her kids, cleaned the house, shopped at the market, and done the laundry, she has little time left for her man. My sister once told me that she stopped having a full night's sleep the day she became a mother.

!!

Generally speaking

The bolded is simply the basic reason why it seems men don't get a lot of attention from their wives when children begin to come. What I don't understand is why they don't understand this. You are a parent(I assume) you know how demanding it is to look after babies and toddlers and you are whining?

It's very simple you want more attention make life easier for her.

Most times the who/what gets the lack of attention is the husband, some will use him as the opportunity cost. She's not a super hero she can't quench.

House-must be well made clean, food, all chores done etc etc
Work- you must earn abi
Children - must be taken care of.

After these simple things above, she's simply tired and the husband is the one that can actually do some of the things himself.

Basically husband's make life easier for your wives, pikin is crying you can't serve yourself food grin. Wives don't form superhero o, if you can afford to get a house cleaner, get someone to wash clothes, buy machine, outsource what you can, dont go and quench. Get help.

You go from 6 am - 7pm in this our Lagos, stress will almost kill you and you don't have any source of help, don't kill your self oo. Ehen.
This is the simple reason lots of wives are looking older than their husband's, it's not about age most of the times it's about stress.

Please don't tell me hes working to bring the money home, the wife is also working too abeg.

The above is for a normal infidelity free marriage, once cheating enters for most if not all women all bets are off.

The OP could as well opened his thread without referencing her thread, I don't understand what the Chochocho is about.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are some Men Neglected In Marriage By Their Wives After Having Kids? by Hassanmaye(m): 3:33pm On Jun 13, 2022
abobote:
My own is the other way round. My wife de vomplain say, I no de send her, say na only the kids I de send
Omo you are in good marriage o.. it's mostly the opposite

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are some Men Neglected In Marriage By Their Wives After Having Kids? by KingLarry04: 3:37pm On Jun 13, 2022
See finish
Re: Why Are some Men Neglected In Marriage By Their Wives After Having Kids? by IMASTEX: 3:38pm On Jun 13, 2022
DenreleDave:
I still don't get.. Are men built to work and not enjoy?
A child requires
1. financial
2. material and
3. emotional needs.

First mistake is for a man to ignorantly work hard to meet the 1 or 1&2 then believe the 3 isn't relevant. Mind you, most mothers can only provide the 3 and yet have full control of the kid's loyalty. Why? Because that is the tool for the attachment. Kids value your physical presence more at that age. And they will likely grow in such default settings. As a man, no matter how tired, weak or engaged you are. Create play time, do their book work, bath, feed, do school run, outing or anything to connect with the kids. Of course, the right partner will also be a factor as she will often remember them of the source of their gifts, i.e. it's dad & I that bought you, XYZ. She will always bring the man into the picture.
Second mistake is to default on 1,2,3 with your spouse. The moment a woman is in doubt of your ways. You have started a cold war which you will likely stand alone against her & the kids. She will start building everything around herself & kids because of the uncertainty.
Last mistake is to get married to the wrong person for the wrong reason. The outcome is always sure.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are some Men Neglected In Marriage By Their Wives After Having Kids? by Chidi2022: 3:38pm On Jun 13, 2022
toujurs:
grin grin grin how were you able to see the veins na? So the rain falling from his mouth, you didn't see that too cheesy
LMAO...miskasham should take his miserable soul to enugu state and donate the rain falling from his mouth there... silly cunt..

1 Like

Re: Why Are some Men Neglected In Marriage By Their Wives After Having Kids? by Hassanmaye(m): 3:39pm On Jun 13, 2022
Housing:
Nationally women are exploiters. Once they believe they cope without you they will change. Those Red pillers may be over doing what they preach, but their ideology about woman's behaviours are 85% correct �.

That is why as man make sure you secure your future and old age.
Lol absolutely correct
Re: Why Are some Men Neglected In Marriage By Their Wives After Having Kids? by Jeromejnr(m): 3:40pm On Jun 13, 2022
hairyman:
:oReading the comments, I have observed that most men have swallowed the falsehood that children are more attached to their mothers than fathers.

The fact is that children are closer to the parent who gives them the most interesting attention and meet their needs.

I chat with my kids all the time, we talk about everything ranging from who they played with at school, names of classmates, who didn't turn up at school, what they think about aliens, how it feels like to travel in space, how we can get 10 packs (my daughter prefers 10 packs to 6).

I buy them books, talk about the books with them, crack jokes, read them bed time stories.

On top of all of these, I am the dude with the ATM and I use it freely.

Mehn, once I am around, my kids do not remember my wife.

But there is a caveat, my kids know in very clear terms, that I am their father, not their friend.

Men should learn to pay more attention to their kids.
But as for preference for mother's, I can assure you that it is false.

Concerning preference for children by some women, men need to understand that before you marry a woman, you should first investigate thoroughly, the relationship between her parents. If it is possible, go visit with them for a few days and sleep over.

Women and men alike, replicate their parental relationships in their marriages.
Never discount what you experienced in a fiancee's home. NEVER!

Ofcourse there are other reasons. But at the very least, eliminate the above reason.

10 packs of what undecided
Re: Why Are some Men Neglected In Marriage By Their Wives After Having Kids? by MetaPhysical: 3:40pm On Jun 13, 2022
DenreleDave:

My first instance: A very popular nairalander loves to show her kids all time which is not bad but she doesn't even mention her husband.....
What baffles me most is this statement; "my money is for me and my kids"...

Does it Mean a wife cannot even treat her husband well too?

I guess this is the main reason some men ignore their wife and kids to enjoy their lives... They know that most kids grow to love their mother..

I don't blame such men.... But I don't hope to have such a wife that have the mentality of my kids and I ALONE?

2ndly, I feel most women are not happy in their marriage which is why all they live for is their kids.. The only reason why most ladies are still under the same roof is because of the kids and their lack of financial resources to stand alone... Most are just having sex, doing mommy and daddy bcoz of the kids but the true essence of marriage between has long dissappeared...

If not, in my own perception, a happily married woman should be proud of her husband. She should happily treat her husband well. She should say wonderful things about her husband.

Marriage dey fear me walahi....

A man's role is to procreate, this comes with strength. A woman's role is to nurture, it requires love. If I say more than this housewives will jump on my throat this afternoon.

I leave you to interprete.
Re: Why Are some Men Neglected In Marriage By Their Wives After Having Kids? by bizhop01: 3:42pm On Jun 13, 2022
When husband find favour in side chick they will cry like hyena, and describe their husband as Africa cheetah cool

1 Like

Re: Why Are some Men Neglected In Marriage By Their Wives After Having Kids? by neonly: 3:43pm On Jun 13, 2022
DenreleDave:

If you had sense, you would know that this is not Abt calling people out...

This is abt what's happening in most marriages..... We are just seeing it here openly but it happens in most.....

And what is rude abt talking abt marital issues

Abeg leave dat boy alone is still stays with his mummy
Re: Why Are some Men Neglected In Marriage By Their Wives After Having Kids? by DenreleDave(m): 3:43pm On Jun 13, 2022
i tot as much.. he is a foolish kid.. one of those brats
neonly:

Abeg leave dat boy alone is still stays with his mummy
Re: Why Are some Men Neglected In Marriage By Their Wives After Having Kids? by Naijaolosho2: 3:43pm On Jun 13, 2022
DenreleDave:

My first instance: A very popular nairalander loves to show her kids all time which is not bad but she doesn't even mention her husband.....

I guess this is the main reason some men ignore their wife and kids to enjoy their lives... They know that most kids grow to love their mother..

I don't blame such men.... But I don't hope to have such a wife that have the mentality of my kids and I ALONE?

2ndly, I feel most women are not happy in their marriage which is why all they live for is their kids.. The only reason why most ladies are still under the same roof is because of the kids and their lack of financial resources to stand alone... Most are just having sex, doing mommy and daddy bcoz of the kids but the true essence of marriage between has long dissappeared...

If not, in my own perception, a happily married woman should be proud of her husband. She should happily treat her husband well. She should say wonderful things about her husband.

Your second point though.....
Re: Why Are some Men Neglected In Marriage By Their Wives After Having Kids? by deepwater(f): 3:44pm On Jun 13, 2022
DenreleDave:

Ahnie this is for u cool
Re: Why Are some Men Neglected In Marriage By Their Wives After Having Kids? by Midas01: 3:44pm On Jun 13, 2022
You're wrong.

Women start giving less attention to their husbands the minute they start cheating.

You can't be cheating on her and making her feel less while also expecting the King treatment. Nope ! Doesn't work that way.
DenreleDave:
one of the reasons why men marry many indulge in extra marital affair is the lack of care from his wife

4 Likes

Re: Why Are some Men Neglected In Marriage By Their Wives After Having Kids? by Midas01: 3:46pm On Jun 13, 2022
.....and let those side chicks take care of you in old age okay? Or when you're sick.

DenreleDave:
leave the particular nairalander aside.

i am talking abt a general issue now...

if it is like this, then we should not blame men who have side chicks

1 Like

Re: Why Are some Men Neglected In Marriage By Their Wives After Having Kids? by DenreleDave(m): 3:46pm On Jun 13, 2022
dear u r not right about cheating

u r just defending ur gender
Midas01:
You're wrong.

Women start giving less attention to their husbands the minute they start cheating.

You can't be cheating on her and making her feel less while also expecting the King treatment. Nope ! Doesn't work that way.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are some Men Neglected In Marriage By Their Wives After Having Kids? by Munzy14(m): 3:47pm On Jun 13, 2022
abobote:
My own is the other way round. My wife de vomplain say, I no de send her, say na only the kids I de send
Lmao...Thats bad bro...

Please focus on her as well...she is your primary focus..

Same with women, their husbands should be the main focus..These kids will grow to leave you and find their love, path and destiny in life..You only visit them and leave...Over staying becomes inconvenience to their homes...

Couples have themselves for the rest of their lives.

1 Like

Re: Why Are some Men Neglected In Marriage By Their Wives After Having Kids? by DenreleDave(m): 3:47pm On Jun 13, 2022
deepwater:

Ahe this is for u cool

Ahnie was a coincidence. chek my previous post abt marriages.

Btw, i am a big fan of ahnie and this post wunt cause any issue
Re: Why Are some Men Neglected In Marriage By Their Wives After Having Kids? by Emmanuel909090: 3:51pm On Jun 13, 2022
DenreleDave:

Wisdom, if you are not valued, value yourself.
Re: Why Are some Men Neglected In Marriage By Their Wives After Having Kids? by VirileNelly2420: 3:52pm On Jun 13, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Keep quiet...what's your headache about her marriage..or does your mum mention your dad on social media..must she talk about him huh?how is that beneficial to you?

Talking about Marital issue is not wrong but tagging a lady and talking nonsense is wrong..were you not taught to respect people's marriage..? undecided
Her choice not to mention him for whatsoever reason..you can locate her husband if you are too concerned.. nonsense.
He tried to give a point... The people he mentioned are not the main theme of his write-up, he only used Dem as example or case study.

Meanwhile, u always rant like a frustrated feminist.... Irritating! (Just a personal thought though).

3 Likes

Re: Why Are some Men Neglected In Marriage By Their Wives After Having Kids? by Midas01: 3:52pm On Jun 13, 2022
Looks like you can't be reasoned with.

When and where did women meet and have the discussion to start showing less love to their husbands? Tell us since you know women affairs so much.

Y'all cheat with reckless abandon with everything that crawls and still have the nerve to demand love and respect from your wives.

Tell your side chicks to be posting you na since your wives won't.
DenreleDave:

i still think u r wrong.. just dt u r denying it. ladies do loves to deny the obvious truth..

3 Likes

Re: Why Are some Men Neglected In Marriage By Their Wives After Having Kids? by IamMobisola(f): 3:52pm On Jun 13, 2022
DenreleDave:

When most husbands nowadays are Yul Edochies in addition to being wife-beaters even in the presence of their kids, what sane wife will support or celebrate such? What sane child will respect such father?

The moment a man starts to have an extramarital affair, the security of the wife and that of the children becomes at risk. So women tend to keep their moneys and love for their children just incase the worst happens.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are some Men Neglected In Marriage By Their Wives After Having Kids? by FERNANDEZISBACK: 3:52pm On Jun 13, 2022
VirileNelly2420:

He tried to give a point... The people he mentioned are not the main theme of his write-up, he only used Dem as example or case study.

Meanwhile, u always rant like a frustrated feminist.... Irritating! (Just a personal thought though).
Shove that in your face.. wink
Stop being a petty stalker..

2 Likes

Re: Why Are some Men Neglected In Marriage By Their Wives After Having Kids? by Midas01: 3:55pm On Jun 13, 2022
Yeah....space from their own wife and kids then they start crying wolf in old age when their wife and kids neglect them.

Always plays out.
Hezmatosky:
But is it not good? Time for you to flex on as a man. Instead of you leaving with a watch dog. Men need space abeg angry

1 Like

Re: Why Are some Men Neglected In Marriage By Their Wives After Having Kids? by backtovillage: 3:56pm On Jun 13, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Her Choice not to mention or display her husband.. prolly for privacy reason..she rarely show her face too..
That doesn't mean she despise her husband tho..he might be a nairalander and not ok with it..learn to think and stop calling people out in a rude manner.. undecided

You don't even have no business with her family..she didn't make a complaint to you...what's the fuss all about huh?this is her account not her husband's..or you expect her to tell ya about her husband and all?

Talking about mentioning her husband..shve done that on some of her post..so chill and stop whining around.. undecided

You do not belong here. Comot romance section you would listen
Re: Why Are some Men Neglected In Marriage By Their Wives After Having Kids? by hairyman(m): 3:57pm On Jun 13, 2022
Jeromejnr:

10 packs of what undecided

Muscles. The standard 6 packs
Re: Why Are some Men Neglected In Marriage By Their Wives After Having Kids? by FERNANDEZISBACK: 3:57pm On Jun 13, 2022
backtovillage:

You do not belong here. Comot romance section you would listen
Go back to ya Nigeria village..you do not belong here.. grin
Re: Why Are some Men Neglected In Marriage By Their Wives After Having Kids? by DenreleDave(m): 3:59pm On Jun 13, 2022
u r obviously defending ur gender and not reasoning from the men perspective
IamMobisola:

When most husbands nowadays are Yul Edochies in addition to being wife-beaters even in the presence of their kids, what sane wife will support or celebrate such? What sane child will respect such father?

The moment a man starts to have an extramarital affair, the security of the wife and that of the children becomes at risk. So women tend to keep their moneys and love for their children just incase the worst happens.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

My Wife Always Tears My Boxers To Rape Me, Man Tells Court / My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan / Excited Nigerian Mother Shares Birthday Gift Her Kids Got Her With Lunch Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.