Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

Should I Tell My Male Friend What I Noticed About His Wife? - Romance (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Tell My Male Friend What I Noticed About His Wife? (71505 Views)

My Fiancee And My Friend What Is Going On?? / My Male colleague is over-protective of me, I Need Advice! / I Think I Am Loving My Male Best Friend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Tell My Male Friend What I Noticed About His Wife? by LadyTara(f): 8:18pm On Jun 17, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

First off, I guess they were close friends before marriage. I never saw her say they are still close buddies now he is married. He is still someone important to her. I believe she knows that and respects his marriage.

Her feelings are not the context of the discussion. From her post, you can see that she believes in respect of marriage.

Now to the point of discussion. She is not talking about it once. That is what you people are missing. She said she has seen this woman too close to a man and she sees them around spots. Seeing them in the mall multiple times together.

This is a red flag to her, and to me, it definitely is. Such closeness for a married woman is uncalled for. One of the best ways to beat temptation is to avoid it.

Now, she does not know who the guy is and is uncomfortable with the relationship. To show how provocative she found it, she even took a picture of them together.

Come on, that is a cause of concern for her to really feel uncomfortable about it.

My stance is that I will never want my wife that close to a man. She definitely won't. My advice is to tell the husband and let him sort it out with the wife. Also, show him the picture.
The op said she still visits them regularly because they stay in the same district,hence the reason for my comment.
Re: Should I Tell My Male Friend What I Noticed About His Wife? by valentineuwakwe(m): 8:18pm On Jun 17, 2022
duduade:
Please mind your business

How and wetin u mean sef?
If i see ur wife sef for my area,i no go halla u oo
Re: Should I Tell My Male Friend What I Noticed About His Wife? by LadyTara(f): 8:21pm On Jun 17, 2022
Islandlady:
okay well not all friendship between a man and a woman must end in bed!!! I have been friends with him for long and even supported him, so do he!!! I am just concerned about him... especially the way all this Abuja desperate women boyfriend ends up killing their husbands!!! And I think @TheGoodjoe understand this whole thing perfectly! Thanks
So you feel you are the only one who still visits your married friend without any motive?

What makes you think you get a pass and another woman doesn't? That's my question. I am guessing you are not married ,yet you still visit your married male friend in his house who knows sometimes you meet up in the absence of his wife too , correct? So what gives you a pass and not someone else though? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Should I Tell My Male Friend What I Noticed About His Wife? by elated177: 8:24pm On Jun 17, 2022
Islandlady:
Nairalanders I need y'all mature advice on this issue, No insults tho

I have been friends with my male friend for over 11years now, so he is more like a brother to me! He got married 3yrs ago, But we live in the same district, I do visit them once in a while! And I usually bump into his wife at market places, malls or on the street due to the fact that we live in the same district.

My friend is hardly around for the past few Weeks due to the fact that he do travel for work. . .But recently I have been seeing his wife with a Man just about the age of my friend, I have seen them together at the mall for 3 times now for a period interval of 3 weeks, I usually dodge and escape myself so they won't see me! The last time I saw them together I took a sneak pictures of them, I don't know this man, I have never seen him when I visit them, he is not a family member! I have been curious so I feel I should call the attention of my friend to this and send him the pictures too!

Should I tell him about it or what? I am confused!

You know your friend better than anyone else here. You know the kind of person he is.

Look for the best way to relay your observations to him. If he is really your friend, you owe it to him. The "Mind your business" song that some people are singing here should never be an alternative in this situation. Unless, of course, you do not wish him well. Seeing such a thing about your friend and not letting him know about it is tantamount to him eating a poisonous food on your very watch.

If it turns out to be nothing, then you would have fulfilled your role as a good friend.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Tell My Male Friend What I Noticed About His Wife? by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:25pm On Jun 17, 2022
LadyTara:
So you feel you are the only one who still visits your married friend without any motive?

What makes you think you get a pass and another woman doesn't? That's my question. I am guessing you are not married ,yet you still visit your married male friend in his house who knows sometimes you meet up in the absence of his wife too , correct? So what gives you a pass and not someone else though? undecided

I did not get where she says she still does buddy-buddy with her friend. I pointed out that she respects marriage from her discussion. So, I doubt she goes about disrespecting her friend's wife.

By the way, the wife knows her, and I do not think the wife is uncomfortable with the friendship. Being that she believes she knows the boundaries.

In this case, the OP is concerned because she feels the friendship is inappropriate and her friend does not know about it. Let her tell her friend, so he can meet the wife and know what is going on.
Re: Should I Tell My Male Friend What I Noticed About His Wife? by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:27pm On Jun 17, 2022
LadyTara:
The op said she still visits them regularly because they stay in the same district,hence the reason for my comment.

But we live in the same district, I do visit them once in a while!

Not regularly. She checks on them, not buddy-buddy.
Re: Should I Tell My Male Friend What I Noticed About His Wife? by Femipraise1: 8:29pm On Jun 17, 2022
Hmmmm careful my friend, what God has joined together let no man put asunder.... If his marriage got broken through you, i believe you yourself will not b happy for it anytime you remember that you break your friend marriage.. think well bfor doing what God mayt punish you of�����
Re: Should I Tell My Male Friend What I Noticed About His Wife? by Islandlady(f): 8:29pm On Jun 17, 2022
LadyTara:

Hmm I don't just visit them anyhow, I do get invitations from him and his wife! For the fact that he is married made me to restrain myself from hanging out with him, having fun or going places with him...I respect his marriage and privacy! Everyone knows me and him even his family members...I did not say his wife should not keep her own friends too, but something is just not right about them
Re: Should I Tell My Male Friend What I Noticed About His Wife? by LadyTara(f): 8:30pm On Jun 17, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

I did not get where she says she still does buddy-buddy with her friend. I pointed out that she respects marriage from her discussion. So, I doubt she goes about disrespecting her friend's wife.

By the way, the wife knows her, and I do not think the wife is uncomfortable with the friendship. Being that she believes she knows the boundaries.

In this case, the OP is concerned because she feels the friendship is inappropriate and her friend does not know about it. Let her tell her friend, so he can meet the wife and know what is going on.
Don't get me wrong, I am not against what ever decision the op takes for the sake of the friendship. I am just trying to open a tunnel vision here.

I think you should go back and read the ops opening post again.

The fact that the woman is not uncomfortable does not give her the right to think only she has the discipline to be friends with a married man without bedding them. Personally I hope her suspicion turns out wrong so women like this will come down from their high horse of "pick me".
Re: Should I Tell My Male Friend What I Noticed About His Wife? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jun 17, 2022
Haha let me tell you my experience one of my padi told me to watch her boyfriend at the time at the club that’s how me sef became network news lol when I told her in his presence she said tell him what you say

I almost died in my chair so the moral of the story is couple wahala na couple of wahala

Single wahala na single wahala

Ndi German
Re: Should I Tell My Male Friend What I Noticed About His Wife? by LadyTara(f): 8:31pm On Jun 17, 2022
Islandlady:
Hmm I don't just visit them anyhow, I do get invitations from him and his wife! For the fact that he is married made me to restrain myself from hanging out with him, having fun or going places with him...I respect his marriage and privacy! Everyone knows me and him even his family members...I did not say his wife should not keep her own friends too, but something is just not right about them
Well ok, do what your gut tells you.
Re: Should I Tell My Male Friend What I Noticed About His Wife? by LadyTara(f): 8:34pm On Jun 17, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

But we live in the same district, I do visit them once in a while!

Not regularly. She checks on them, not buddy-buddy.
Do you visit your male friend's everyday ? So I don't get the buddy buddy you are talking about? undecided
Re: Should I Tell My Male Friend What I Noticed About His Wife? by ACE1010: 8:35pm On Jun 17, 2022
duduade:

What are you talking about bro...what if the said guy is/was your brother??
Re: Should I Tell My Male Friend What I Noticed About His Wife? by ACE1010: 8:36pm On Jun 17, 2022
Prettygirl200:
Madam u better mind your business oooo

How would that save his friend's life??
Re: Should I Tell My Male Friend What I Noticed About His Wife? by Oceanjagaban: 8:42pm On Jun 17, 2022
Islandlady:

I have been friends with my male friend for over 11years now, so he is more like a brother to me! He got married 3yrs ago, But we live in the same district, I do visit them once in a while! And I usually bump into his wife at market places, malls or on the street due to the fact that we live in the same district.

My friend is hardly around for the past few Weeks due to the fact that he do travel for work. . .But recently I have been seeing his wife with a Man just about the age of my friend, I have seen them together at the mall for 3 times now for a period interval of 3 weeks, I usually dodge and escape myself so they won't see me! The last time I saw them together I took a sneak pictures of them, I don't know this man, I have never seen him when I visit them, he is not a family member! I have been curious so I feel I should call the attention of my friend to this and send him the pictures too!

You no go mind your business,radio without battery
Re: Should I Tell My Male Friend What I Noticed About His Wife? by BoboNogoDie: 8:48pm On Jun 17, 2022
duduade:
Oh low Ree buu ruu
If you're a male, I hope that one day when your wife is sleeping around, people will also mind their business and not inform you until she brings you STD and if you're a female, I wish you vice versa with your husband.

Most of you that gives this senseless advice are chronic cheats.
You dish what you won't like to be served. Nemesis will surely catch up with you in due time by God's grace.
Amen.
Re: Should I Tell My Male Friend What I Noticed About His Wife? by BoboNogoDie: 8:51pm On Jun 17, 2022
Prettygirl200:
Madam u better mind your business oooo
I pray that when people see your husband sleeping around one day too in the future, they'll mind their business and you'll only find out when he infects you with STDs.

Only chronic serial cheaters gives this senseless advice.

Shame
Re: Should I Tell My Male Friend What I Noticed About His Wife? by BoboNogoDie: 8:52pm On Jun 17, 2022
okunwaye:
AFONJA woman mind your business
Because most OSU women cheat

Shame
Re: Should I Tell My Male Friend What I Noticed About His Wife? by Stargurl20(f): 8:54pm On Jun 17, 2022
Truvelisback:
U are still a kid. I'm talking from experience. It could backfire u. How would u feel if u are accused for their divorce or the cause of their divorce? How would u also feel if both families or even her family members come after for tearing them apart. This is why i said, u are still a kid. U might even get urself arrested by her family people or the man's family members for matter wey no even concern u. Use ur head. When it comes to husband and wife issues, one needs to be very careful otherwise, u would end up being the enemy.

U get time Sha.
Re: Should I Tell My Male Friend What I Noticed About His Wife? by frozen70(f): 9:03pm On Jun 17, 2022
Backlaw406:

OP is a female not male

OK. But then let her keep her mouth before they will think she wants to take over his wife home

Marriage matter is always deep
Re: Should I Tell My Male Friend What I Noticed About His Wife? by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:06pm On Jun 17, 2022
LadyTara:
Do you visit your male friend's everyday ? So I don't get the buddy buddy you are talking about? undecided

One in a while means a long time, and not regularly. She said she does not visit regularly.

Her friends wife is hanging out with another man regularly and she feels it is inappropriate and concerned.

That is what a good friend is suppose to do. Protect each other.

Buddy-buddy means hanging out regularly together.
Re: Should I Tell My Male Friend What I Noticed About His Wife? by Ofadaman(m): 9:09pm On Jun 17, 2022
There's a 90% chance if you're not with your woman ,she's with someone else fucking, they've mastered the art of deception, even if u call them during the act you'd never find out.

I've been with quite a few and when their lover calls, they have no way of knowing, it's how the world works just pick your poison and while at it make sure you enjoy life to the fullest.

Fvk others and let yours be fvked. In the end ,nothing else matters but happiness. live and let.live.
Re: Should I Tell My Male Friend What I Noticed About His Wife? by UjuJoan2: 9:16pm On Jun 17, 2022
Joezinho:
If a friend of mine knew that my wife was having a close relationship with someone and I found out later that he knew and did not tell me, that would be the end of our friendship. Your friend has a right to know what is going on in his marriage/life.

Telling him could be saving him from lots of problems further down the road of life..Make sure that you are absolutely certain before letting him know. We guys need to know the truth about these lying, good for nothing , self centered ladies.

I agree with this . . . Well not the part about us being self-centered.

Truth is, if he is really your friend, you at least owe him the truth. What are friends for?

Same way I’ll tell my friend if I ever caught her husband in a compromising position. And vice versa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Tell My Male Friend What I Noticed About His Wife? by Mich4king: 9:18pm On Jun 17, 2022
It's more better you mind your business.
Re: Should I Tell My Male Friend What I Noticed About His Wife? by Stanleyq: 9:23pm On Jun 17, 2022
So that he sends her packing and marries u
Re: Should I Tell My Male Friend What I Noticed About His Wife? by Alman: 9:27pm On Jun 17, 2022
Do your search well and tell him anonymously as suggested.
Re: Should I Tell My Male Friend What I Noticed About His Wife? by Nongovernmental: 9:29pm On Jun 17, 2022
Islandlady:

"Don't go around HEAT expecting not to SWEAT".

So, Be Wise.

A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Should I Tell My Male Friend What I Noticed About His Wife? by Davecharles32(m): 9:29pm On Jun 17, 2022
Islandlady:

tell your friend help him

Re: Should I Tell My Male Friend What I Noticed About His Wife? by micflo28(m): 9:30pm On Jun 17, 2022
Tell you friend to travel less and look to satisfy his wife’s urge. She is not a ply wood.
Re: Should I Tell My Male Friend What I Noticed About His Wife? by omolasho: 9:36pm On Jun 17, 2022
Because many of them are sexually and emotionally damaged before marriage. Draughts of morals induced by quest for materialism.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Akasi Andoh Wedding: "I’m 35 Years, A Single Mum, Fat With Stretch Marks" / Woman Dies After Sleeping With Chinese Workers In Akwa Ibom - Thekillerpunch.com / Bloody Fight Between Two Loves - Graphic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.