Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,643 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. (27526 Views)

Maryam Mairo Tambuwal Visits Ancestral Home Of Her Husband In Sokoto / Tension In Plateau As STF Orders Fulani Out Of Ancestral Villages / Official Results Of Presidential Election: By INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by sbeezy8: 8:58pm On Jul 26, 2011
ezeagu:

Most people in Nigeria disagree with you, so it's your own taste.

I dont know anyone that thinks shes beautiful- maybe im detached

EzeUche:

sbeezy has an inferiority complex like many of his people. Sad. . .

Calling Oluchi and Genevieve ugly? What world is he from?

He needs his head examined.

nnena and aminat are finer than her.

you big nose azzezeuche
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 8:58pm On Jul 26, 2011
namfav:

grin  grin  grin  grin wallahi billahi talahi

I know dis is Hausa and dat's about it. lipsrsealed
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by tpia5: 9:01pm On Jul 26, 2011
ezeagu:

There are more dark skin people in the Yoruba population than that of the Igbo.

if all of the southsouth [ijaws] and the whole of the southeast joined together, it would lead to an increase in the dark skinned population in that region.
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by aljharem(m): 9:01pm On Jul 26, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Problem is money. If Most Ppl spend time taking care of their body, they'll look like this. Esp Yoruba girls with delicious dark complexion.

[img]http://4.bp..com/-b7ulwaQItvo/TY_PSnR3arI/AAAAAAAAAtw/zCGtLphSjfs/s1600/Yomi.jpg[/img]

fine girl who is that shocked shocked
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by ezeagu(m): 9:02pm On Jul 26, 2011
sbeezy8:

I dont know anyone that thinks shes beautiful- maybe im detached

I have no idea the sort of people you hang around with.
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jul 26, 2011
alj harem:

fine girl who is that shocked shocked

MKO Abiola's daughter, Yomi Abiola

[img]http://3.bp..com/_sjWtlWHshUA/RsY3-U6dCuI/AAAAAAAAFD8/Jchw33PtFGA/s1600/yomi%2Bad.jpg[/img]
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by Sunofgod(m): 9:04pm On Jul 26, 2011
So from DNA results the conversation is now about skin complexion - what a vain bunch of people.
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by Sunofgod(m): 9:05pm On Jul 26, 2011
Sun of god:

Anyway,

Back to the original post - (As some snakes have tried hard to divert the topic)

So Yoruba's are not really Yoruba's but the descended, illigitimate, mutated,offspring of Igbo's?

What a Bombshell.

Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by ezeagu(m): 9:06pm On Jul 26, 2011
Sun of god:

So from DNA results the conversation is now about skin complexion - what a vain bunch of people.

It's from a post that claimed Ondo people are lighter.
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by EzeUche(m): 9:07pm On Jul 26, 2011
Sun of god:

Truth
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jul 26, 2011
ezeagu:

It's from a post that claimed Ondo people are lighter.

Brought up by an Igbo man.

nd they are. But you dont see Ondo with skin complex on NL.
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by sbeezy8: 9:09pm On Jul 26, 2011
[size=14pt]ok back to ezeuches nose- shit is sooooooo biggg

he is so dumb hes darkskinned talking about skin color n being lighter. LOL

niggaz confused
[/size]
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jul 26, 2011
by afam4eva

Why is it that Yorubas from the old ondo state are usually fair in complection as opposed to other Yorubas? And may of them have the disposition of Igbos.

Yorubas never speak on skin complex, unless its brought up an Igbo.
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by EzeUche(m): 9:11pm On Jul 26, 2011
sbeezy8:

[size=14pt]ok back to ezeuches nose- poo is sooooooo biggg
[/size]

[size=20pt]Stop acting like a small boy.
[/size]
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by sbeezy8: 9:15pm On Jul 26, 2011
sbeezy8:

[size=14pt]ok back to ezeuches nose- shiot is sooooooo biggg

he is so dumb hes darkskinned talking about skin color n being lighter. LOL

niggaz confused
[/size]

Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by EzeUche(m): 9:16pm On Jul 26, 2011
[size=20pt]Tight jeans Sjeezy is confused about his gender.
[/size]

How can a man wear tight jeans?  grin

The man's jeans are tighter than women's jeans.
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by sbeezy8: 9:17pm On Jul 26, 2011
afam4eva:

Why is it that Yorubas from the old ondo state are usually fair in complection as opposed to other Yorubas? And may of them have the disposition of Igbos.

lol the first person who broguht in skin color are you poeple blind-

well im out I actually ahve a life to live n not online oi oi -

shout out to ezeuche n his big azz nose and his lame as.s hoodie niggaa dressed like a 3 yr old cornball
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jul 26, 2011
lmao omg. gotta go!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by executinal(m): 9:41pm On Jul 26, 2011
Still reading shocked
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by MadDog1(m): 9:51pm On Jul 26, 2011
EzeUche:

Tight jeans Sjeezy is confused about his gender.

How can a man wear tight jeans? grin

The man's jeans are tighter than women's jeans.
looooooooooool, the bold is funny

sorry to say this,i dont mean any insult, there was athread you posted your Nnamdi Azikiwe picture with the tight tradition pant. lol
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by odumchi: 10:10pm On Jul 26, 2011
Im not surprised. TThere was an article that I read that said many Yorubas were descended form Igbos or Igboid groups who migrated west. The results are very much expected since nayone can be from any ethnicity. Jaja of Opobo was an Igboman who was sold as a slave and became an Ijawman. He spoke Ijaw and etc but had Igbo DNA
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by tpia5: 10:13pm On Jul 26, 2011
^^you obviously missed the lukumi thread.
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by liquid7: 10:21pm On Jul 26, 2011
what did they use as baseline for determining the tribes.
while you can use dna to determine someone parents by taking samples of relatives  and there is a more recent dna that looks at sequence that can tell broadly if the person is native american or black or european and this are not even pretty accurate .however to determine the tribe so specifically is pretty hard and will require a lot of baseline studies of those tribes (since its hard to find a 100% unique to that tribe) and such studies are pretty hard to do and time consuming  and probably with a good deal margin of error.
i am intrested in the actual procedure used .
genealogical DNA is very inaccruate and thats even after it been done with a large study group to try isolate particular sequences.
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by Jenifa1: 10:33pm On Jul 26, 2011
this thread has descended into rubbish. lol it started with rubbish anyway

1st of all, I do not believe the "naija ancestral DNA" thing one bit. lol I personally think it's a made up or modified story.

2nd of all, yes there are lots of mixtures between ethnic groups. historically we (yorubas) are more mixed with hausas. whatever mixture there is with igbos is little and maybe has to do with lagos having lots of igbo immigrants that are trying to get assimilated into our society. lol and of course you are all welcome.

3rd of all, it's an interesting point Ezeuche brought up about color tone (earth/orange/yellow  tone vs cool/red/purple tone). I never thought about it but it may have some truth. but yea yorubas are darker of course. I'm dark skinned myself and cool tone. I think it's beautiful.

and whoever said that it was a compliment to look igbo. that's partially true. light skin is generally seen as a compliment. so it's the light skin ppl refer to. other than that, some stereotypical igbo characteristics (flat head and shortness in guys, lack of curves and muscular body in women etc) are not desirable.
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by ezeagu(m): 10:36pm On Jul 26, 2011
Jenifa_:

other than that, some stereotypical igbo characteristics (flat head and shortness in guys, lack of curves and muscular body in women etc) are not desirable.

Apart from 'flat head' none of these are stereotypical Igbo characteristics, especially lack of curves.

1 Like

Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by Jenifa1: 10:40pm On Jul 26, 2011
suit yourself. lol

that's just the stereotype I hear about your ethnic group
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by ezeagu(m): 10:44pm On Jul 26, 2011
Never heard it, money hungry, yes, hairy women, yes, light, yes, agressive, yes, strong, yes. The things you said, no. I think you're just twisting things you've heard as a positive for Yoruba people and subtracting it from Igbo people, like curves and height.
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by bashr4: 10:51pm On Jul 26, 2011
Jenifa_:

this thread has descended into rubbish. lol it started with rubbish anyway

1st of all, I do not believe the "naija ancestral DNA" thing one bit. lol I personally think it's a made up or modified story.

2nd of all, yes there are lots of mixtures between ethnic groups. historically we (yorubas) are more mixed with hausas. whatever mixture there is with igbos is little and maybe has to do with lagos having lots of igbo immigrants that are trying to get assimilated into our society. lol and of course you are all welcome.

3rd of all, it's an interesting point Ezeuche brought up about color tone (earth/orange/yellow  tone vs cool/red/purple tone). I never thought about it but it may have some truth. but yea yorubas are darker of course. I'm dark skinned myself and cool tone. I think it's beautiful.

and whoever said that it was a compliment to look igbo. that's partially true. light skin is generally seen as a compliment. so it's the light skin ppl refer to. other than that, some stereotypical igbo characteristics (flat head and shortness in guys, lack of curves and muscular body in women etc) are not desirable.

actually its difficult to see a good looking yoruba woman just as its difficult to see an ugly igbo woman. you dont have to hate us its u people that started calling the fine fine yoruba women omo igbo not us. go and beef you yoruba men and leave us alone , as far as most nigerian men are concerned and good looking or light skinned girl must be igbo until proven otherwise. i consider myself a dark skined igbo but outside the south east people call me
yellow.

i dont understand why this skin color is a big deal for people outside south east , they want to claim igbos bleach like them but they need to go to igbo villages and see our grand fathers and how yellow most of them look , maybe they bleach too .
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by bashr4: 10:56pm On Jul 26, 2011
as per the topic , intermarriages didnt start today its has been going on for centuries , i read somewhere igalas claimed to be descedants of igbos and yorubas descendants of igalas , dont know how trues that is ,am only sure of the idomas.
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by bashr4: 10:57pm On Jul 26, 2011
also NRI kingdom is the oldest kingdom in nigeria so maybe it could be traced as far back as the nri kingdom era
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by Jenifa1: 11:01pm On Jul 26, 2011
ezeagu:

Never heard it, money hungry, yes, hairy women, yes, light, yes, agressive, yes, strong, yes. The things you said, no. I think you're just twisting things you've heard as a positive for Yoruba people and subtracting it from Igbo people, like curves and height.

igbo men are known to be shorter than yoruba. this is a stereotype yorubas have about igbos
and about the muscular thing. you only just need to look at the nigerian female football team roster. or international beauty contests (where curves are non existent).
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by babaowo: 11:02pm On Jul 26, 2011
DNA or not,division is must in niaja,to ease our problems,because i think we should
use european union as example 1 NATION WITH 1 NATIVE language

http://www.nationsonline.org/oneworld/european_languages.htm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Anambra Election: INEC Official Absconds With 40 Result Sheets / Before Femi Adesina Tasted Power - Tunde Odesola / Army, Police Personnel Clash In Zamfara Camp As Major Brutalises Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.