Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,244 members, 7,815,340 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. (27521 Views)

Maryam Mairo Tambuwal Visits Ancestral Home Of Her Husband In Sokoto / Tension In Plateau As STF Orders Fulani Out Of Ancestral Villages / Official Results Of Presidential Election: By INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by Nobody: 12:20am On Jul 27, 2011
Seriously, people didn't get the idea of this thread,

It's a positive propaganda to get people to abandon ethnicity,

Though I'm for people proclaiming their ethnic pride, it doesn't mean you have to hate others,

I can say all Yorubas are intelligent that doesn't mean Igbos, Ijaws, Bororo, Nupe etc, are dumb! but trust the tribalist to point out that there are dumb Yorubas,

How does me saying All Yorubas are intelligent affect your people's intelligence undecided undecided undecided

That's the situation on NL!!

The propaganda the thread is suppose to promote has failed, Now time for the thread to go to the tribalist section,
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by tpia5: 12:23am On Jul 27, 2011
if yorubas call someone omo ibo that's not a compliment o.

unless you're actually igbo.
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by ezeagu(m): 12:26am On Jul 27, 2011
Why are you guys calling each other Omo Igbo to start with?
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by pleep(m): 12:26am On Jul 27, 2011
[size=32pt]Igbo women are far more attractive than yoruba despite some hairyness issues.
Let's stop arguing over the obvious!!! [/size]
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by aljharem(m): 12:28am On Jul 27, 2011
ezeagu:

to insult or castigate people just like the whites hate been call gypsys
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by amor4ce(m): 12:28am On Jul 27, 2011
The DNA results might be indicative of lewdness, lust, sexual immorality, covetousness, adultery, fornication, extramarital and premarital sex.

Perhaps we should begin to query our mothers if we notice anything amiss concerning semblance.
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by dempeople(m): 12:33am On Jul 27, 2011
Interesting thread. Most postings on this section have become so polarized along ethnic lines that its often very difficult to have a decent debate about a topic with posters not being belligerent with ethnic connotations.

This is the main reason why I often find it miserable nowadays, to post here though I read a lot of threads. Its just that I'm more likely nowadays, to be put off than I used to be.

A few (honest?) misconceptions made by some posters are cleared up below:

In Igboland, no one attributes superiority complex to light-skinned people anymore than they do to dark skin. To the best of my knowledge and consciousness, all views about different shades of Ndigbo are egalitarian - no more or less. I never heard, read or noticed issues of skin preference among Ndiigbo until I read some silly posts from some posters here who obviously think the inferiority complex obtained in their various cultures, holds sway in Igboland.  

To the best of my remembrance and imagination, there're many lighter-skinned people as there're darker skinned people in Igboland and I've never even thought of this until I read this thread. There is nothing special about light skin as there is anything but special about dark skin. I simply do not understand why the issue of skin tone has to come up.

In all honesty, it seems some posters here have all the time to debate nonsensically and myopically.

ezeagu:

I know now, your village is in Anambra, I think I remember you called it Aturocha, am I correct?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by Jenifa1: 12:34am On Jul 27, 2011
ezeagu:

just light skin and albino people. male and female
we call them "oyinbo" or "omo igbo"

why do u have a problem with that.
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by Chongaiman: 12:48am On Jul 27, 2011
No matter what shade of black you are, the white man in private still calls you 'NIGGER!'
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by ektbear: 12:48am On Jul 27, 2011
Looks like a juicy thread. i'll have to skim through it later.
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by vicenzo(m): 1:22am On Jul 27, 2011
I think the light skin issue depends on the family,my family loves light skin a lot,right from the days of my   great great granfather,male members are adviced to marry  a light skined and beautiful  wife,there is always an unspoken sadness,when someone marries a dark or brown skined wife,even the girls are praised when they marry a light  and skined handsome person,when a family member sees a light skined and beautiful girl child,he runs back home to report to the umunna,who in turn visits the girls parents to ask for the child's hand in marrage,the umunna then presents one of its male members as the suitor.This was the practice long time ago,it is no longer practiced,but because of it,we have a lot of really light skined people in my family and less brown/dark people.

When my dark skined brother wanted to marry an ngwa girl,my mum saw red,but when she learnt that she was beautiful and light skined,she thought that where she is from doesn't matter,lol,as long as she was concerned,it was a chance to eliminate the dark genes,and when she gave birth to three light skined children,it was a win-win situation for my mum and my brother,hehehe!
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by Nobody: 1:24am On Jul 27, 2011
first of all LMAO @ pleep being on EVERY damn thread! grin

second,

it doesn't require a degree in Rocket Science to know there is no such thing as a pure tribes man or woman.

But what I want to know is the results of the Americans and the Jamaican.
Based on the topic and results I bet none of them were of Nigerian descent.

which brings me to another issue. some of the folks on here such as f(ag)stranger, omo_to_dun(ce); etc. could in fact be just as mixed as us 'un-pure westerners'. hopefully this will teach them and other Africans or blacks in general that at the end of the day we truly are no different than the next. we are all the same ppl.
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by emmatok(m): 1:30am On Jul 27, 2011
pleep:

[size=32pt]Igbo women are far more attractive than yoruba despite some hairyness issues.
Let's stop arguing over the obvious!!! [/size]

Mumu, what is attractive about hairy women?

Most hairy women i know are very wicked.

I remember my teacher then she has beards .

That women wicked !!!

Most Igbo women are athletic and Muscular.
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by dempeople(m): 1:41am On Jul 27, 2011
vicenzo:

I think the light skin issue depends on the family,my family loves light skin a lot,right from the days of my   great great granfather,male members are adviced to marry  a light skined and beautiful  wife,there is always an unspoken sadness,when someone marries a dark or brown skined wife,even the girls are praised when they marry a light  and skined handsome person,when a family member sees a light skined and beautiful girl child,he runs back home to report to the umunna,who in turn visits the girls parents to ask for the child's hand in marrage,the umunna then presents one of its male members as the suitor.This was the practice long time ago,it is no longer practiced,but because of it,we have a lot of really light skined people in my family and less brown/dark people.

When my dark skined brother wanted to marry an ngwa girl,my mum saw red,but when she learnt that she was beautiful and light skined,she thought that where she is from doesn't matter,lol,as long as she was concerned,it was a chance to eliminate the dark genes,and when she gave birth to three light skined children,it was a win-win situation for my mum and my brother,hehehe!

Nwanne, no disrespect but isn't this ignorance? I never knew such preference to be in Igboland. My first time of reading this. Utterly surprised.
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by Nobody: 1:46am On Jul 27, 2011
I swaer, someone needa arrest sjeezy. Dude is killing me grin grin grin

ROTFLMAO!!
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by ezeagu(m): 2:03am On Jul 27, 2011
vicenzo:

Uhhh, okay.
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by vicenzo(m): 2:11am On Jul 27, 2011
dem_people:

Nwanne, no disrespect but isn't this ignorance? I never knew such preference to be in Igboland. My first time of reading this. Utterly surprised. 

Not at all,being light skined and good looking is an advantage,it stands you out from the crowd,it can open doors for you, especially when you have a good head on your shoulder.My grandfather told me that they did it because they wanted to have outstanding daughters,who would in turn marry influential members of the clan.
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by EzeUche(m): 2:13am On Jul 27, 2011
vicenzo:

shocked shocked shocked
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by ezeagu(m): 2:13am On Jul 27, 2011
vicenzo:

Not at all,being light skined and good looking is an advantage,it stands you out from the crowd,it can open doors for you, especially when you have a good head on your shoulder.My grandfather told me that they did it because they wanted to have outstanding daughters,who would in turn marry influential members of the clan.

This must be limited to your family because I've never heard of such.
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by Nobody: 2:16am On Jul 27, 2011
MzDarkSkin:

first of all LMAO @ pleep being on EVERY damn thread!  grin

second,

it doesn't require a degree in Rocket Science to know there is no such thing as a pure tribes man or woman.

But what I want to know is the results of the Americans and the Jamaican.
Based on the topic and results I bet none of them were of Nigerian descent.

which brings me to another issue. some of the folks on here such as f(ag)stranger, omo_to_dun(ce); etc. could in fact be just as mixed as us 'un-pure westerners'. hopefully this will teach them and other Africans or blacks in general that at the end of the day we truly are no different than the next. we are all the same ppl.

Seriously, do we have ppl reading that ediot (fstranger)'s post? I'm shocked.

vicenzo:

I've said it, skin complex begins and ends with Igbo ppl.

The most Yorubas would do is send away any chick with little to no eduction or even with a different religious vision. My mon had to break her engament with her Fulani fiancee because of religion. That's the gravest of it.

Igbo ppl go send person commot because pesin is as dark as EzeUche  tongue
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by dempeople(m): 2:18am On Jul 27, 2011
vicenzo:

I na-eme ajo nkoyeli. A mukwadi gi ofuma? Kedu ka i ga-esi were bia ebea i chu ndiigbo aha?

Biko kwusi maka na inyugo nsi n'ulo uka. A na m ayo gi. I na-akpali Ndiigbo na-ebea. I na-echu anyi afa. Kwanyere Ndiigbo ugwu.

I kwesiro ibia ebea na-ede ihea i na-ede.
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by Obiagu1(m): 2:28am On Jul 27, 2011
Why are people surprised that Yoruba has Igbo DNA?

From stories I've heard, the whole southern Nigeria and part of the middle belt was inhabited by the Igbos before some of them lost their language and got assimilated and some were conquered or fled east.

Also the story of Queen Moremi tells it all.

I also posted a thread here about the formation of Southern Nigerian groups as told by the Ijaws.

Read it!

The only southern group that may not have Igbo DNA in them are the Izons (note: not Ijaw)
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by EzeUche(m): 2:29am On Jul 27, 2011
Obiagu1:

I also posted a thread here about the formation of Southern Nigerian groups as told by the Ijaws.

Read it!

I still believe the Ijaw are the earliest inhabitants of Nigeria. They were just pushed to the coast by the much larger and aggressive groups.
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by Obiagu1(m): 2:30am On Jul 27, 2011
EzeUche:

I still believe the Ijaw are the earliest inhabitants of Nigeria. They were just pushed to the coast by the much larger and aggressive groups.

They said they migrated from the West.
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by ezeagu(m): 2:31am On Jul 27, 2011
EzeUche:

What caused the drastic change from land based to water based? Ijaw people themselves claim to have been sailing the coasts of West Africa (and even further) for hundreds of years.
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by EzeUche(m): 2:33am On Jul 27, 2011
Obiagu1:

They said they migrated from the West.

ezeagu:

What caused the drastic change from land based to water based? Ijaw people themselves claim to have been sailing the coasts of West Africa (and even further) for hundreds of years.

Being pushed towards the coast can make any group water based. Look at some Yoruba clans like the Ilaje are water based.
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by Obiagu1(m): 2:34am On Jul 27, 2011
EzeUche:

Being pushed towards the coast can make any group water based. Look at some Yoruba clans like the Ilaje are water based.

Ijaws were never land based until recently. Their migration as told by them was along the coast and river channels.

Ijaws cannot be the earliest inhabitants and still have such a small population.
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by EzeUche(m): 2:36am On Jul 27, 2011
I still believe the Igbo, Yoruba, Edo, Yoruba, Igala and Idoma come from a common ancestor/group if you look at our languages linguistically.
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by Obiagu1(m): 2:36am On Jul 27, 2011
Did you read the link?

I still believe to a large extent the formation of the groups. If you look at the groups linguistically, only the Izons have no word commonality with the Igbos whereas the Edo and Yoruba do because they have Igbo as part of their formation.
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by EzeUche(m): 2:38am On Jul 27, 2011
Obiagu1:

Ijaws were never land based until recently. Their migration as told by them was along the coast and river channels.

Ijaws cannot be the earliest inhabitants and still have such a small population.

How do you know they were never land based? Many Ijaws see themselves as the earliest inhabitants of Nigeria.

Just because of their small population does not mean that they are not the earliest inhabitants. When your people are migratory, that means you cannot reproduce as rapidly as the groups that are settled.
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by EzeUche(m): 2:38am On Jul 27, 2011
Obiagu1:

Did you read the link?

I seen your thread and I do not believe those stories.
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by Obiagu1(m): 2:41am On Jul 27, 2011
EzeUche:

How do you know they were never land based? Many Ijaws see themselves as the earliest inhabitants of Nigeria.

Just because of their small population does not mean that they are not the earliest inhabitants. When your people are migratory, that means you cannot reproduce as rapidly as the groups that are settled.

I don't know where you are getting your story from.The post was from an Ijaw website and they (not you) said they once settled in the West before migrating east were some of them became part of the Yoruba people.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben / Fashola And Kwankwaso Honoured By Babcock University (Photos) / AMCON Takes Possession Of Asset Of Nigerian Senator, Stella Oduah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.