Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,212 members, 7,815,232 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. (27520 Views)

Maryam Mairo Tambuwal Visits Ancestral Home Of Her Husband In Sokoto / Tension In Plateau As STF Orders Fulani Out Of Ancestral Villages / Official Results Of Presidential Election: By INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by dayokanu(m): 2:45am On Jul 27, 2011
The irony

Bkbabe and alj harem might actually be related to ojukwu

Ezeuche and mekuzz might be grandchildren of Awolowo
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by whobemumu(m): 2:59am On Jul 27, 2011
this is an absolute lie cos there is no single yoruba stock or single ishan or single hausa stock

different clans in each ethnic group have different origins , only that after time they tend to become nearer and nearer but to say that you can trace the dna of a person to one ethnic group ids stretching it

this is a nonsense story , the database am sure is faulty

how many samples of each ethnicc group did they use as their benchmark ?

makes no sense to go and take 100 hausa men from jos and say their dna represents hausa dna ( most of them may not even be true hausa )

oyibo is hoodwinking u guys

i dont know is a good answer , just not the answer i was looking for
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by amor4ce(m): 3:17am On Jul 27, 2011
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by whobemumu(m): 3:39am On Jul 27, 2011
u dont belive this pseudoscientific hogwash do you ?

ok the edo people are related to the peopl from edom in the bible , that is why the soil in edo is red like it was in edom

arrant nonsense

so ppl just migrated from israel to kano non stop ?

why on earth would u walk that far to get away from your relatives ?

once again i dont know is a good answer , just not the answer i was looking for
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by amor4ce(m): 3:48am On Jul 27, 2011
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by ektbear: 3:50am On Jul 27, 2011
Just read vicenzo's post. Imo a faster way to do this is just to marry a white chick. Do that for two generations and your grandkids will be 75% white, and thus super light. Kids will look like Jason Kidd or Jordan Farmar grin grin grin
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by aljharem(m): 3:53am On Jul 27, 2011
ekt_bear:

Just read vicenzo's post. Imo a faster way to do this is just to marry a white chick. Do that for two generations and your grandkids will be 75% white, and thus super light. Kids will look like Jason Kidd or Jordan Farmar grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by ektbear: 3:55am On Jul 27, 2011
I should post pictures of Kidd and Farmar for those who don't follow hoops:

Kidd:

Farmar:

It will be funny if one day Igbos all look like this
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by aljharem(m): 3:57am On Jul 27, 2011
ekt_bear:

I should post pictures of Kidd and Farmar for those who don't follow hoops:
It will be funny if one day Igbos all look like this

hopefully they would if they work hard on it wink
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by whobemumu(m): 3:58am On Jul 27, 2011
all i am saying is that these results are largely spurious , we have little in terms of genealogy records in nigeria and thru the ages  have intermigrated and

intermarried , and lots of groups in nigeria have a common origin without even knowing it , ther are no records of migrations  or any records at all  

so what is yoruba dna   is it the dna of a lagosian which should be nearer to edo ( cos the edos owned lagos for a long time )or the lagosian whose

greatgrandmother was actually  from port harcourt  but  every body in the family has forgotten ? or is it the dna of those from ife

or is it the dna of those from  kogi who are classed as yoruba but are probably nearer  hausa in terms of origin or is it  the dna of ondo who are also once again

nearer to edo

where did they get the pure stock of dna from which they are making their database

cos u will not find pure stock anywhere isn such a meltingpot
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by Obiagu1(m): 3:58am On Jul 27, 2011
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by tpia5: 4:02am On Jul 27, 2011
I think the light skin issue depends on the family,my family loves light skin a lot,right from the days of my great great granfather,male members are adviced to marry a light skined and beautiful wife,there is always an unspoken sadness,when someone marries a dark or brown skined wife,even the girls are praised when they marry a light and skined handsome person,when a family member sees a light skined and beautiful girl child,he runs back home to report to the umunna,who in turn visits the girls parents to ask for the child's hand in marrage,the umunna then presents one of its male members as the suitor.This was the practice long time ago,it is no longer practiced,but because of it,we have a lot of really light skined people in my family and less brown/dark people.

When my dark skined brother wanted to marry an ngwa girl,my mum saw red,but when she learnt that she was beautiful and light skined,she thought that where she is from doesn't matter,lol,as long as she was concerned,it was a chance to eliminate the dark genes,and when she gave birth to three light skined children,it was a win-win situation for my mum and my brother,hehehe!

oh wow.

no wonder i could never get an igbo suitor.

too dark or is it too black.
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by tpia5: 4:05am On Jul 27, 2011
Not at all,being light skined and good looking is an advantage,it stands you out from the crowd,it can open doors for you, especially when you have a good head on your shoulder.My grandfather told me that they did it because they wanted to have outstanding daughters,who would in turn marry influential members of the clan.

my own na none of the above.

cant relate at all especially since i'm not igbo.
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by aljharem(m): 4:06am On Jul 27, 2011
tpia@:

oh wow.

grin grin grin grin grin don't mind them. they don't understand that black means beauty. it is what white people call inferiority complex where black africans want to be white jews by force or according to them "they want to go back to there natural complexion"

grin grin grin yes they are the most pan-african group.i dey laff o
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by Obiagu1(m): 4:09am On Jul 27, 2011
tpia@:

oh wow.

If you're looking for an Igbo husband, go and marry one yourself if you have money.
There are a lot of struggling ones, with good heads on their shoulders, that will marry you.

Igbo girls do it too.
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by aljharem(m): 4:10am On Jul 27, 2011
Obiagu1:

If you're looking for an Igbo suitor, go and marry one yourself if you have money.
There are a lot of struggling ones, with good heads on their shoulders, that will marry you.

but she is a woman, or is she meant to pay for that as well ? undecided
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by ektbear: 4:10am On Jul 27, 2011
Hehe

Deep, deep insecurity is what it is. I don't blame them though, black man hasn't particularly had it very good these past 400 years or so.

Most people go through these feelings at some point in their life. Some overcome, others fall to the wayside.
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by tpia5: 4:11am On Jul 27, 2011
ekt_bear:

Most people go through these feelings at some point in their life. Some overcome, others fall to the wayside.

what feelings?
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by aljharem(m): 4:12am On Jul 27, 2011
ekt_bear:

did you go through that feeling as well
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by Obiagu1(m): 4:14am On Jul 27, 2011
ekt_bear:

Hehe

Deep, deep insecurity is what it is. I don't blame them though, black man hasn't particularly had it very good these past 400 years or so.

Light skin is natural in Igboland. In my family, there's just one dark skinned person. Every other person is fair to very fair (almost oyibo). We didn't go looking for it, it's just there.
It's not about security or insecurity but choice. My cousin has nothing to do with fair skinned girls.
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by ektbear: 4:14am On Jul 27, 2011
Definitely. Especially from age 4-10 I used to think whites and everything associated with them was better. And it took some time to go away.
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by aljharem(m): 4:17am On Jul 27, 2011
ekt_bear:

Definitely. And it took some time to go away.
shocked cry sad why, what made you feel like such ?

I can tell you i do not really care about africa or black but yes Nigeria is my pride anyday anytime

because the country has such great potential. I always thought that being a Nigerian is different from bring an african.

i might be wrong
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by muyimagic(m): 4:18am On Jul 27, 2011
meet cool singles, shear ideas and even more on www.greenermate.com
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by ektbear: 4:18am On Jul 27, 2011
To be clear, not "better" than me specifically or personally. Even as a kid I always thought I was a badass.

But I thought as peoples (white vs black), they were better.

It didn't help that I attended some schools with some pretty idiotic, violent and animal-like AA kids. So I had a bad opinion of AAs, not too high opinion of Africans, and thought white folk were the best thing since sliced bread
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by tpia5: 4:21am On Jul 27, 2011
^^effects of schooling overseas.
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by Nobody: 4:21am On Jul 27, 2011
All these over someone who found out that his parents are not his parents? undecided undecided undecided undecided

You guys are seriously delusional,

Seriously, some old Nigerians need to just let things go and unlearn all the lies they were fed during the dark ages of information,
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by ektbear: 4:23am On Jul 27, 2011
tpia@:

^^effects of schooling overseas.

That is too simple an answer. I've noticed the same insecurities here on NL. Hell, in this very thread. . . has nothing to do with being abroad specifically.
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by tpia5: 4:26am On Jul 27, 2011
^^the insecurities you noticed are more prevalent in the diasporan nigerians.
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by ektbear: 4:28am On Jul 27, 2011
Obiagu1:

Light skin is natural in Igboland. In my family, there's just one dark skinned person. Every other person is fair to very fair (almost oyibo). We didn't go looking for it, it's just there.
It's not about security or insecurity but choice. My cousin has nothing to do with fair skinned girls.

I understand your point. But it is natural everywhere. The issue is that some glorify it. There was a trailer for some movie which was circulating on facebook a few months ago in which black women talk about appearance. If I find it again I'll link you to it.

tpia@:

^^the insecurities you noticed are more prevalent in the diasporan nigerians.
Err, I don't think so. Notice how Nigerians turn every thread involving foreign investment into colonization or whatever? Deep insecurity again. Anyway, I don't want to derail this thread, we can talk about this in another thread.
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by tpia5: 4:32am On Jul 27, 2011
^^i meant insecurities about skin colour.

not so prevalent among yorubas but more of a problem for the ones raised overseas.
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by ektbear: 4:36am On Jul 27, 2011
I wasn't really talking about that alone. It was more than that. But even on that topic, don't Nigerians in Nigeria bleach? Let us not pretend as if this is not an issue there. The evidence suggests otherwise, I think
Re: Ancestral DNA Results of Nigerians. by tpia5: 4:38am On Jul 27, 2011
Obiagu1:

If you're looking for an Igbo husband, go and marry one yourself if you have money.

Igbo girls do it too.

i'd need one who is yoruba speaking though.

if we cant understand ourselves [me speaking yoruba, him speaking igbo] na problem be that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Nigeria To Cut Gas Supply To Ghana Over Indebtedness / Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben / Fashola And Kwankwaso Honoured By Babcock University (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.