Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,907 members, 7,817,682 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. - Family (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. (45312 Views)

14 Strategies To Avoid Unnecessary Pressure In 2023 / Men Stop Bullying Your Pregnant Wife. / I Suspect My Wife Is Setting Me Up With Her Friend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by Boomboost(m): 2:08pm On Jul 08, 2022
ibechris:

Well,I wash my wife's clothes...u said it is pant.
U feel bad because u are a failure and angry for having failed both at home and society.

It is ego like this that makes some of u see women are as property...I simply adore my wife because I cherished her and my children alot.

If washing her clothes makes u sick,so be it. I don't care how stupid it makes u feel. What I know is, i wash my wife clothes and she in turn do more for me.

To even shock u more,I fuel her car weekly and make sure I personally clean her car myself,hence I am so proud of her and I don't care how u feel about it.

I am sure u are a wondering single man with a bleak future,a misogynist I guess!
I didn't cause your problem but your ego is...take it easy. I married my wife and she is the best for me and go marry yours and treat her like a trash (that is ur problem).

I am sure, your ego has brought u unprecedented wealth?
Use your "Ego" to create wealth and stop disturbing us that are married.

Like this, we de bar de chill with guys de discuss. You tell us say you de work abi pay for your wife to like abi love you, I'll laugh and call you a woman's "Ool".

You no go code because, well...

I'm actually calling you "a woman's fool".

Don't take it personal, it's just a joke.

Modified: Ibe, being a subservient lover is your choice but I was foolish to insult you like this. I apologize!

1 Like

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by Saintofmelody74(m): 2:08pm On Jul 08, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

It beats my imagination because these men will never meet half the standards they set for women. And I am not capping! They want virgins, but ain't virgins. They want a woman who can cook, clean, be a mistress in the bedroom and also a top-performing manager at work like Alakija, while they are under performers.

They can't meet half of what they set.

It's very easy,stay ur papa house and shut d Bleep up

1 Like

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by Cromagnon: 2:11pm On Jul 08, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:
I saw this post on Facebook and it makes me question myself asking what "Nigerian men want". It irks me so bad.

Women have been debased to NOTHING that a chore has become a yardstick in choosing a wife. I keep asking myself if God did not make a mistake to have given the headship to them from the beginning.

And now, I'll reiterate this here. I also don't care about the reactions it brings. It's not my business how you feel but I must say this to men- DO NOT SET UNNECESSARY STANDARDS THAT YOU WON'T MEET. Read that again. Would he have washed the girl's father's or mother's clothes if turns were switched? NO. Many men here won't either. It degrades them after all. ONLY women should cower and wash g-pee tanks because they want to marry. Marriage only favours the women after all. It's the women who do these things I blame. You don't rate yourselves.

If you try this with me, I'll FAIL your test woefully. It is the audacity to make this a post for me. They make marriage seem so unpalatable and dramatic.

Manners should tell you that you do not sweep when a guest is around. It is ABSOLUTELY rude and that shows that you do not even respect me enough to have kept your abode neat before my arrival. And that to me, is a RED FLAG!

It also tells me that "I am not welcome in your abode". I am immensely glad that the girl in the story dodged a bullet. Good riddance.

Signed; Bitterleaf Feminist.
Shiloooooooh
Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by Cromagnon: 2:11pm On Jul 08, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
While some Dumbos will say "if you ain't a virgin then you deserve no man" like WTF? grin
The Dumbo who made that statement is prolly a wh**re himself but deem it fit and cool to tell a woman what and what not to do.. grin
men and women are not the same
Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jul 08, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Go to your college campuses and you will find plenty of them even there. They aren't rich, and many are jobless. Many of them depend on handouts they get from some of the girls they bed. undecided

That's why I said "read below the PS"

I don't know when you graduated but right now go to any real public uni, you'll see a lot of Yahoo boys, who own cars. If you're not doing Yahoo, you won't get as many lays as those doing. It's simply not possible abeg. Same with the dudes who get "handouts" from their rich parents. Plus you're bringing uni even tho uni guys aren't expected to have any money on a normal undecided

Are you even a male cos this thing is really obvious for dudes angry ask any of your male friends if you're a female
Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by Cromagnon: 2:13pm On Jul 08, 2022
Jeon:
LOL..

IF YOU LIKE GO DIVIDE UR HEAD INTO SEVEN PIECES OR ACT LIKE AN ANCIENT BLACK SLAVE, YOU WILL STILL BE HATED FOR BEING A SISTER IN-LAW IN SOME FAMILY .

so no time to please anyone.... just be yourself.
Just don't complain when you're old and alone
Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by Cromagnon: 2:13pm On Jul 08, 2022
talk2hb1:
Las Las Everyone go get him own spec, virgin ooo, Mumu man Ooo, Submissive housegirlwife ooo, Tall Handsome Rich,...
Stop deceiving them
Nobody will marry angry black woman
Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by Ishilove: 2:15pm On Jul 08, 2022
KoshCAD:
The question is who are you?

President of Nigeria or God.

Are you okay mrs?

As in, are you normal?

Asking me if I can say it to your face, I will not only say that, I will say worst and slap you.

I feed someone like you.
Keyboard warrior. When we check offline, you are probably in one 2 by 4 cubicle in Makoko. It is on the internet that agama lizards fancy themselves crocodiles

2 Likes

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 2:15pm On Jul 08, 2022
nafama:
Look babe, you are wrong. I feel like you are saying this out of share hatred or pains you have for the male gender. Just like the way a lady will not want to settle less for a guy beyond her standards so do guys. This whole stuff had nothing to do with standard, the girl is not well groomed. This is Africa and the female gender should understand that certain culture still holds

I should be asking you if you know what you are talking about. It is insolence to sweep when a guest is around, especially with the entitlement mentality that she should have taken the stress off you. Who asked you? Wait and let me be gone then you can sweep your house.

It simply tells the guest that you don't welcome them. Learn simple manners. Why must it be when a guest is around the mother chooses to sweep?

I don't agree with you. Sorry.
Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by ChuksHills(m): 2:16pm On Jul 08, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

Mumu talk.

It is your kind that beauty carries into marriage and bad character brings them back to their father's house.
Be careful

1 Like

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by triplechoice(m): 2:18pm On Jul 08, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

I would never do the same. I have no right to choose for my sons. What my son wants is what I will let him choose. It's none of my business. Why should I care? They only have my blessings, that's all.

I also will never do stupid tests. I am too educated and modern for that. If any guy tries that with me, break up straight. Shows your family is poverty-ridden and minded.
grin
You don't choose for your sons, but the rich don't want irresponsible people to be part of their family circle, and because of this, they show concern about the kind of relationship their children are into.

It is poor people like you who assume the rich don't care about certain things. You deceive yourself.

Your life is your responsibility, and not the world's

Learn to deal with the rejection you behavior has cost you, and stop crying.

You don't know me offline ,so keep you imagined poverty stricken life to yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by Kobojunkie: 2:19pm On Jul 08, 2022
Think4Myself:
That's why I said "read below the PS"

I don't know when you graduated but right now go to any real public uni, you'll see a lot of Yahoo boys, who own cars. If you're not doing Yahoo, you won't get as many lays as those doing. It's simply not possible abeg. Same with the dudes who get "handouts" from their rich parents. Plus you're bringing uni even tho uni guys aren't expected to have any money on a normal undecided

Are you even a male cos this thing is really obvious for dudes angry ask any of your male friends if you're a female
Pay attention to what is being said. I said you will find male_whores even on your university campuses. I didn't say they are only found there. undecided

Your Yahoo Boys, many of who are not even close to being rich, are in the minority on your college campuses, so I don't understand why you even bring their mention up in this. undecided

Again, male_whores exist out there even on the streets, majority of them without a dream of being even 1/1000th as rich as Elon musk, yet content living as parasites on the women they bed. undecided

1 Like

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by DJperdurabo: 2:19pm On Jul 08, 2022
KristaPretty:
I think to each his own

Women also have standards, allow men have

No woman wants a broke man now, but the broke women feel they can still be jobless and deserve to be with a rich man

If a man sets his standards, don't cry. Set your standards too!!!

Life is really not as hard as we make it and I think this post wasn't necessary

For every standard set, there are a million and one people willing to meet up to that, men or women

Regards

QED.

1 Like

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by Dangrace01: 2:21pm On Jul 08, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Do you have the very same home training yourself? undecided

Stop shifting goal post

Think and answer if you can't think of anything obviously you cant

Shut up and learn.

Home training is the basis of making a good home.
Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by advanceDNA: 2:22pm On Jul 08, 2022
KristaPretty:
I think to each his own

Women also have standards, allow men have

No woman wants a broke man now, but the broke women feel they can still be jobless and deserve to be with a rich man

If a man sets his standards, don't cry. Set your standards too!!!

Life is really not as hard as we make it and I think this post wasn't necessary

For every standard set, there are a million and one people willing to meet up to that, men or women

Regards

Yeeeeeeeee!!!
See overflow of sense...

You sure you are woman??

3 Likes

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by nafama(m): 2:25pm On Jul 08, 2022
What don't you agree??
UyaiIncomparabl:

I don't agree with you. Sorry.
Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by PROPEACE: 2:26pm On Jul 08, 2022
Kobojunkie:
No you did not. Instead what you did was say something about washing of a car which for more people is sacrosanct .I.e. nor a chore for just anyone.. undecided
Men too must assist their fathers in law if they walk into their homes and find them working, it is not necessarily a gender thing. You are making a mountain out of molehill.
Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by Kobojunkie: 2:28pm On Jul 08, 2022
PROPEACE:

Men too must assist their fathers in law if they walk into their homes and find them working, it is not necessarily a gender thing. You are making a mountain out of molehill.
So men can't assist their mothers and mother-in-laws? undecided

It is not a gender thing which it obviously seems to be?, undecided

1 Like

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by ChuksHills(m): 2:28pm On Jul 08, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Yet another one of Africa's foolish traditions. undecided

What that woman saw was her own ignorance and arrogance reflected back at her and rather than face it head on she blamed the girl for revealing it to her. Her own son disrespected her in front of a stranger because she didn't raise him well enough is what was revealed in this.. undecided

Oh no wonder, I thought you are a male.
Yes it is an Africa's foolish traditions because we live in Africa and not throw away our culture. Culturally the guy didn't disrespect his mum. What transpired between the girl and the woman is a woman thing.
Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by Kobojunkie: 2:30pm On Jul 08, 2022
Dangrace01:
Stop shifting goal post
Think and answer if you can't think of anything obviously you cant
Shut up and learn.
Home training is the basis of making a good home.
The question is simple. Do you have the same home training you so conveniently judge others on? undecided

In this case, the mother in question was quick to judge another person's child on home training she didn't give even her own son. Don't you see how disjointed that is?. undecided

1 Like

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 2:30pm On Jul 08, 2022
nafama:
What don't you agree??

If they could sweep before my presence, it tells me that they are very dirty, have no emotional intelligence on how to treat guests regardless of the relationship, and the son needs more home training from his mother because he should have been the one to collect the broom from her.

Stupid culture.
Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by Kobojunkie: 2:35pm On Jul 08, 2022
ChuksHills:
Oh no wonder, I thought you are a male.
Yes it is an Africa's foolish traditions because we live in Africa and not throw away our culture. Culturally the guy didn't disrespect his mum. What transpired between the girl and the woman is a woman thing.
Culturally, he didn't disrespect his own mother by watching her sweep but an outsider disrespected his mother by doing exactiy what he did? undecided
So he is right in imposing on others standards which he himself refuses to live by and you fail to see the foolishness in that? undecided

See why I pointed out that it is essential Africans abandon the foolish elements of their culture and traditions for commonsense instead. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by Daughterboard(m): 2:37pm On Jul 08, 2022
This is a golden response. You are a wise person.
Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by Dangrace01: 2:41pm On Jul 08, 2022
Kobojunkie:
The question is simple. Do you have the same home training you so conveniently judge others on? undecided

In this case, the mother in question was quick to judge another person's child on home training she didn't give even her own son. Don't you see how disjointed that is?. undecided

Nobody is judging anybody. I asked her that particular question because she said home training dont equate good wife
Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by KristaPretty(f): 2:45pm On Jul 08, 2022
advanceDNA:

Yeeeeeeeee!!!
See overflow of sense...

You sure you are woman??

Women too get sense nau lol grin

We also have dumb guys o
Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by Adekaka12345: 2:46pm On Jul 08, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

You are a guest. My dad will never oblige your request.

But at least he offered to help.

That's sense.
Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by Daughterboard(m): 2:51pm On Jul 08, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:

I HEAR U SIR. COMR SIR, PERMIT ME TO CONTINUE D VAVULENCE

VeryWickedPerson loves vawulence
Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by PROPEACE: 2:51pm On Jul 08, 2022
Kobojunkie:
So men can't assist their mothers and mother-in-laws? undecided

It is not a gender thing which it obviously seems to be?, undecided
No they cannot! Only a stupid woman will consent to that kind of assistance. What that irresponsible girl did is inexcusable, the guy was right to dump her untrained arse! Many boy friends that tolerate that are the ones that cry out after marriage and they will never get my sympathy, I have no tear to shed for a simp! The guy has standards, any girl that doesn't meet it should bounce along!
Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by advanceDNA: 2:53pm On Jul 08, 2022
KristaPretty:

Women too get sense nau lol grin

We also have dumb guys o

If you say so..these days....its just that its rare to jam a woman with sense, who also able to use that sense a dialogue without bringing raging, tornado, earthquake emotions, feminism, competition, and hatred for men into it...

But anyways... u ddnt answer the question....
Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by Kobojunkie: 2:54pm On Jul 08, 2022
Dangrace01:
Nobody is judging anybody. I asked her that particular question because she said home training dont equate good wife
Does home training equate to good husband? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by nafama(m): 2:57pm On Jul 08, 2022
See ba babe you have to be calming down,it could be the mother way of testing the lady... In my opinion the lady should have collected the broom. It is just like me seeing someone elderly lifting a log of wood but I just passed by, morally speaking it's bad
I still maintain it has nothing to do with standard, look every gender have their own characteristics and it is lack of respect for these differences that are causing problems.
A woman expect her guy to wash the plate, cook the meal, do all the wifely duties but in reality she wouldn't want her brother to do same to any lady
A man will want his wife to take up financial responsibilities and all of that but he wouldn't want that for his sister
Sorry if I deviated but these are essentials
UyaiIncomparabl:

If they could sweep before my presence, it tells me that they are very dirty, have no emotional intelligence on how to treat guests regardless of the relationship, and the son needs more home training from his mother because he should have been the one to collect the broom from her.

Stupid culture.
Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by nams77: 3:00pm On Jul 08, 2022
advanceDNA:

Men...??
You posted just one man's twitter post.., yet you are angry with all men for his opinion...
Well..you are entitled to your views.....im sure the many guys feel the same way about the female gender too
No one one is perfect....why not find yourself a man thats not hypocritical and leave the men that want their wives to care for the home... belive me, some women are happy to care for their home...no pretence
Na Una dey bother to respond to these people.

I treat a woman with respect only If she is deserving of it
Eod

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (27) (Reply)

Photos: You Won't Be Able To Guess Who The Mother Is In These Photos But Try / Egyptian Woman Divorces After 2 Weeks Of Marriage, Husband Does All The Chores / Confession Time - Have You Cheated?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.