Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,849 members, 7,817,515 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

Ladies In Relationship With Men Who Earn ₦100k And Below, Please How Do You Cope - Romance (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies In Relationship With Men Who Earn ₦100k And Below, Please How Do You Cope (61221 Views)

Does A Guy Who Earn 50k Monthly Salary Get Married? / 4 Single Ladies Refused To Marry Man Who Earn 50k Monthly - Nigerian Man Says / "2 Curvy Ladies In Pretoria Robbed Me After Wild Sex" - South African Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies In Relationship With Men Who Earn ₦100k And Below, Please How Do You Cope by CaptainAyub: 6:54pm On Aug 21, 2022
Mufakirnaqdiun:
And how much will the lady contribute to the marriage or relationship? or do you feel the guy should take the whole responsibility?

I don't think its good for a woman to rely totally on a man financially because you shouldn't be dependent on no one totally for your own wellbeing and happiness,if he leaves her, looses his job, has no savings or security net in place for rainy days, etc.... Then what? It is better to work together as a team in a marriage otherwise it will be onesided leading to regret and resentment so, I think both should be equally invested in it.

According to Nigerian ladies,the female gender is a disability

2 Likes

Re: Ladies In Relationship With Men Who Earn ₦100k And Below, Please How Do You Cope by Sunday8650: 6:54pm On Aug 21, 2022
100K is a huge money na. u don't know how much an average family earns.
Well this is a breakdown of my friend OLASEUN ADEBIYI that got married 2021 he works with kingsguard security winners canaanland, earns 26k monthly and his wife earns 30k as a sale staff with covenant bakery canaanland.

He currently live in iyana iyesi ota ogun state. In a room and parlour apartment. And have a son.

When i ask him how he was able to cope with family life financially?

This is the break down he gave me;
While he was a bachelor he saved a portion of his monthly salary he started saving in 2017.

1. He saved 12k monthly and use 3k to safe for his yearly rent for his 1 room apartment (36k per yr) and he use 8k for his feeding and 3k for his personal need.

2. He was able to safe 120k to october of 2017. he uses november and december money to buy clothes, footwear and home appliances

3. by 2021 he had safe 480k when he married. his wife had a saving of 250k.

now imagine what 100k salary can do for him
Millz404:

You are not here to learn anything, you are just asking dumb questions
100K is a huge money na. u don't know how much an average family earns.
Well this is a breakdown of my friend OLASEUN ADEBIYI that got married 2021 he works with kingsguard security winners canaanland, earns 26k monthly and his wife earns 30k as a sale staff with covenant bakery canaanland.

He currently live in iyana iyesi ota ogun state. In a room and parlour apartment. And have a son.

When i ask him how he was able to cope with family life financially?

This is the break down he gave me;
While he was a bachelor he saved a portion of his monthly salary he started saving in 2017.

1. He saved 12k monthly and use 3k to safe for his yearly rent for his 1 room apartment (36k per yr) and he use 8k for his feeding and 3k for his personal need.

2. He was able to safe 120k to october of 2017. he uses november and december money to buy clothes, footwear and home appliances

3. by 2021 he had safe 480k when he married. his wife had a saving of 250k.

now imagine what 100k salary can do for him
Re: Ladies In Relationship With Men Who Earn ₦100k And Below, Please How Do You Cope by ajileye1234: 6:55pm On Aug 21, 2022
Honestly,,,,
Wat we all spend in a month is much more more Dan wat we receive as salary

The care of home is by d grace of God

Alot are collecting less Dan 50k and d home still in order

Kindly note
1 of the things that make a sweethome is money...
Re: Ladies In Relationship With Men Who Earn ₦100k And Below, Please How Do You Cope by Raph82(m): 6:55pm On Aug 21, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

She will only remain in her father's house at 33 and above if she's not an asset, too selective, or just personal choice. Nothing wrong with being unmarried at 33, ok? Some people want a certain standard of living and there's nothing wrong with that.
There's nothing wrong with waiting till 33 years before getting married, but it doesn't work for most ladies like that. A lady who has a fast education and a big stature that makes her look far older than her age at 24 or 25 years won't be that lucky to have a man of his choice at 34 or 35. If a man earning 100k monthly is ready to go into marriage with such lady, will she still forego him because she wants a better man financially? If she misses it, she might not be that lucky again. The issue of marriage is deeper than what we think o. I don't dispute your point o, but one must weigh his or her options well before taking decisions. Things are not smiling out there, men are not ready to settle down due to the responsibilities involved, coupled with the situation of things right now.

1 Like

Re: Ladies In Relationship With Men Who Earn ₦100k And Below, Please How Do You Cope by Millz404(m): 6:56pm On Aug 21, 2022
Rozross:
I don’t have a boyfriend sir and I’m not materialistic but I’m a realist
You dey realist untop another person money
Re: Ladies In Relationship With Men Who Earn ₦100k And Below, Please How Do You Cope by Omoslim26: 6:57pm On Aug 21, 2022
Ebubu9:

Many of them saying it their father’s current salary is nothing to write home about. They want to bring nothing to the table and enjoy everything on the table. Such women, give them 10 years of big girl. At 35 years they’ll marry a man who earns 75.

Some of them will not even mind marrying an Okada rider sef when them don turn evening newspaper grin.
If you get woman wey them train well 100k is not a terrible start up.
Although country hard oo but if them sabi package well they will survive.
The man can start up a petty business for the Girl.
Re: Ladies In Relationship With Men Who Earn ₦100k And Below, Please How Do You Cope by saintnegroid(m): 6:58pm On Aug 21, 2022
Rozross:
Seriously I’m not here for trouble, I just want enlightenment, break it down for us sir
okay let me break it down... Food 20k for the month, savings 20k then you can do whatever you like with the rest.... Don't tell me that 20k is not enough for food in a month o... Because you might be cooking 20k food per time while I cook 4k food per time and it differs for every individual. Now you get it

1 Like

Re: Ladies In Relationship With Men Who Earn ₦100k And Below, Please How Do You Cope by Omoslim26: 6:59pm On Aug 21, 2022
CaptainAyub:

According to Nigerian ladies,the female gender is a disability

The worse of them is the one with the Your Money us our money,My money is my Money.
Although there are a good number of well trained and brought up ones too.
Re: Ladies In Relationship With Men Who Earn ₦100k And Below, Please How Do You Cope by Threesha(f): 6:59pm On Aug 21, 2022
Rozross:
Ok, that’s 130k monthly from both of them, please ma can you put us through on how this 130k would comfortably cover all expenses in this era? A breakdown will go a long way ma
They would struggle to survive
Re: Ladies In Relationship With Men Who Earn ₦100k And Below, Please How Do You Cope by CyberHustle: 6:59pm On Aug 21, 2022
Why is the earning of the man being considered here? Relationship isn't marriage and even marriage isn't a one sided thing. It is a partnership.
Re: Ladies In Relationship With Men Who Earn ₦100k And Below, Please How Do You Cope by Threesha(f): 7:00pm On Aug 21, 2022
saintnegroid:
okay let me break it down... Food 20k for the month, savings 20k then you can do whatever you like with the rest.... Don't tell me that 20k is not enough for food in a month o... Because you might be cooking 20k food per time while I cook 4k food per time and it differs for every individual. Now you get it
Have you got to the market of recent?
Re: Ladies In Relationship With Men Who Earn ₦100k And Below, Please How Do You Cope by nextstep(m): 7:00pm On Aug 21, 2022
This kinda thread really annoys me.

It insults ladies who make their own damn money. It also encourages leaches who dont want to go and work.

The premise to this kind of post sounds like endorsing a lady who cannot - upon all the equal opportunity education that she got - pay for her own lifestyle, should instead be looking for a sponsor in the name of relationship.

If a lady needs a man's salary to afford things, she should be looking for better paying work, enhancing her skills, starting her business, or dialing down her own lifestyle.

Three generations of equal opportunity means women should enter relationships as equal partners ready and willing to take on the financial responsibilities of a family.

3 Likes

Re: Ladies In Relationship With Men Who Earn ₦100k And Below, Please How Do You Cope by akinsto4ever(m): 7:01pm On Aug 21, 2022
I know and I'm 100% sure that more than 60% of Nigerian working class people earn less than 100k monthly and many of this people are married people with kids. Therefore young useless youths that receive up to 100k or more as pocket money from their parents will come to nairaland and say people that earn 100k are not eligible for marriage. The senselessness of some of our young people is Alarming
Re: Ladies In Relationship With Men Who Earn ₦100k And Below, Please How Do You Cope by CyberHustle: 7:02pm On Aug 21, 2022
Rozross:
Ok, that’s 130k monthly from both of them, please ma can you put us through on how this 130k would comfortably cover all expenses in this era? A breakdown will go a long way ma
130,000 is just a number.
Re: Ladies In Relationship With Men Who Earn ₦100k And Below, Please How Do You Cope by Blazadenise(m): 7:02pm On Aug 21, 2022
Thanks God I'm earning 101,950 so this trend is not for me..lolz
Re: Ladies In Relationship With Men Who Earn ₦100k And Below, Please How Do You Cope by richie240: 7:02pm On Aug 21, 2022
I can see u are genuine in really getting answers to ur question but almost all d responses have bn insults.

You see ehn, 1 million a month sef may not be enough if prudence is not applied to d needs/expenses of the family, bcus d higher ur pay, the higher ur taste. There must be lots of planning, wisdom and sacrifices.

Someone earning 100k a month should already know he can't enrol his child in a top notch school where the tuition is in millions per annum.

There are lots of factors to put into consideration: you can't be earning 100k and be long-Drinking to live in banana island. The couple just have to cut their coat according to their cloth.

All in all, its d understanding of d couples dt matters most. If u marry ur soulmate, 100k per month will do wonders, but if the man/woman marries a wrong spouse, even 5million a month won't be enough.

So to cap it all, Rozross, I'll say d most important thing is to pray to marry the right partner as against what d partner turns in monthly

I wish u best of luck in ur endeavors..
cool

Rozross:
Rent, you can hardly get a room selfcon below 150k, feeding? Transportation? Health? Clothes and miscellaneous expenses? I need a genuine and true breakdown. See ehn most people you talked about living happily under the 100k monthly have supports they are not telling you of. I hate to pretend that all is good when I know I’m sweating it within. Let’s be realistic
Re: Ladies In Relationship With Men Who Earn ₦100k And Below, Please How Do You Cope by mabea: 7:02pm On Aug 21, 2022
VeryWickedMan:

I'm conflicted on whether to use oraimo cord or 2 by 4
Use 2 by 4 after all you're very WickedMan
Re: Ladies In Relationship With Men Who Earn ₦100k And Below, Please How Do You Cope by BigIyanga: 7:02pm On Aug 21, 2022
Rozross:
Still waiting on you all, especially those that bashed blessedmercy tirelessly. Please I seriously need ways to go about the 100k issue, so as to know how to adjust
So you’re expecting another man to treat you to a lifestyle you and your family cannot afford??
Re: Ladies In Relationship With Men Who Earn ₦100k And Below, Please How Do You Cope by sparko1(m): 7:02pm On Aug 21, 2022
Lucrativress:

Yes Sir
If you're earning 100k and using 60k for food,it is not bad
If you're earning that and you have responsibilities to shoulder asides yours,that is when it is somehow.
You have the choice not to date a spending spending Lady.

In my opinion, the cumulative monthly earnings of a man shouldn't be less than 200k, salary and all, 100k in the village is not bad but in Lagos, even a single guy won't survive.

A man has a lot of responsibility, and marriages doesn't reduce it like many will have you believe, as a matter of facts it will increase it, a single guy that can't send his Mom 20k monthly, when is he going to start, after marriage, sometimes marriage brings new opportunities but not always, a man hoping marriage will change his finances is doomed to fail.
Re: Ladies In Relationship With Men Who Earn ₦100k And Below, Please How Do You Cope by Ay04z(m): 7:04pm On Aug 21, 2022
Dis thread just look somehow...... Get a job first and have a lot of savings as a lady b4 settling down.... To shock u i earn above dat.... Yet my wife contributed almost have of our first babies cloth.. Wen she is pregnant... Marry a self dependant lady... To. Have rest of mind.....
Re: Ladies In Relationship With Men Who Earn ₦100k And Below, Please How Do You Cope by richie240: 7:05pm On Aug 21, 2022
sparko1:

In my opinion, the cumulative monthly earnings of a man shouldn't be less than 200k, salary and all, 100k in the village is not bad but in Lagos, even a single guy won't survive.

A man has a lot of responsibility, and marriages doesn't reduce it like many will have you believe, as a matter of facts it will increase it EXPONENTIALLY, a single guy that can't send his Mom 20k monthly, when is he going to start, after marriage, sometimes marriage brings new opportunities but not always, a man hoping marriage will change his finances is doomed to fail.
Fixed!
cool
Re: Ladies In Relationship With Men Who Earn ₦100k And Below, Please How Do You Cope by nextstep(m): 7:06pm On Aug 21, 2022
Rozross:

Am I reading that men should not be in relationships because they are only making less than 100k monthly? Monthly oh.

I get that things are expensive but I can't say I'm comfortable with this slippery slope that women only go for the highest bidder.
Re: Ladies In Relationship With Men Who Earn ₦100k And Below, Please How Do You Cope by puplin(f): 7:07pm On Aug 21, 2022
These topics are sensitive sha. I know a family that husband earns 70k and is married with 2kids, they live in Ogba. Office is around Ikeja, there's staff bus that takes him to and fro everyday so cost of transportation is saved. Wife does petty trading so she supports in her own little way.
He has a side hustle that brings him something extra every now and then.
They are living within their means which I think is the most important.

I have a cousin that started dating his now wife when he was earning 120k. He proposed to her after a year so they started a joint savings towards rent, household appliances and wedding expenses. They got an apartment after a year and furnished with the basics. The savings continued and they got married after 6 months.
Fast forward 8months after marriage, my cousin got 2 promotions that brought his net pay above 300k. Wife also got a raise and together theit net salary is between 450-500k. Some blessings come after marriage.

Bottom line, pray to God to give you the bone of your bone. Someone who understands you and your visions. Nobody wants to marry a lazy man so if you are earning 100k today as a man, find ways to increase it else this present economy will drown you.

4 Likes

Re: Ladies In Relationship With Men Who Earn ₦100k And Below, Please How Do You Cope by Kendaboss(m): 7:07pm On Aug 21, 2022
Someone who's earning 92k and you're demanding 10-15k for just hair? What happens to using your own money to make your hair?.
UyaiIncomparabl:

Stop being unrealistic, your 92K can't do anything.

For example, I tell you I want to make my hair and I need 10-15k, would you count that as "ridiculous demands"?
Re: Ladies In Relationship With Men Who Earn ₦100k And Below, Please How Do You Cope by Janularis23: 7:08pm On Aug 21, 2022
Xb

Re: Ladies In Relationship With Men Who Earn ₦100k And Below, Please How Do You Cope by Tunji50: 7:08pm On Aug 21, 2022
harjay1986:

I get married in 2016 with 55k as salary.... I do drop 20k to stock up , no eating outside save 10k per month for house rent, 10k untoch, the remaining cash for day to day running, coming to dis time I get pay 180k I only add 15k to my food stockup making it 35 using 80k on our building project per month and the rest
Which state do you live?
Re: Ladies In Relationship With Men Who Earn ₦100k And Below, Please How Do You Cope by Heavance(m): 7:09pm On Aug 21, 2022
Rozross:
A thread was created by blessedmercy asking if it would be wise to settle down with a man that earns 100k and all she got was insults and jabs from guys, like seriously?

Should a guy who earns 100k think of marriage or how to double his hustle ? Why are most guys unrealistic, can 100k fend and cater for yourself alone.

Please I’ll want those who think it’s ok to come break it down for us on how the 100k will be managed monthly, I maybe learning a whole lot from this. Thanks
The people you see on a weekly basis, with flashy clothes, decorated hall and aso-ebi guard of honour, how much do you think the couples earn?
In some cases, the wife earns nothing and husband earns 100k or less but we see people snapping and uploading all on social media.
Now, have you had the opportunity to check payslips of civil servants (state workers), how many do you think earn 95k as netpay? But 90% of them are married.
What if federal workers, how many can you see with 95k and above? But they are married....
I am not saying you should, or you can marry, or you can settle down with someone earning that amount, just understand the above and you will understand the choice you have to make.
Re: Ladies In Relationship With Men Who Earn ₦100k And Below, Please How Do You Cope by harjay1986: 7:11pm On Aug 21, 2022
Tunji50:

Which state do you live?

Ogun state
Re: Ladies In Relationship With Men Who Earn ₦100k And Below, Please How Do You Cope by saintnegroid(m): 7:12pm On Aug 21, 2022
Rozross:
Most guys are not living their reality. I haven’t gotten any reasonable response so far yet they are so quick at throwing tantrums. I’m still waiting
that's because you are not being real. How can you say you want to learn when the context of your post is insulting people earning 100k and below.
Re: Ladies In Relationship With Men Who Earn ₦100k And Below, Please How Do You Cope by NAIJANEWSHUB: 7:12pm On Aug 21, 2022
Rozross:
Solely plan on the 100k first before thinking of what the other person brings to the table. Any man with such “bring to the table” mindset does not go far in life, let’s be realistic for once.
Who told you that a man that wants his wife's support won't go far in life, where did you get that theory from? Ur mindset needs to be corrected. A man is not entitled to feed you
Re: Ladies In Relationship With Men Who Earn ₦100k And Below, Please How Do You Cope by Grandmaster2022: 7:12pm On Aug 21, 2022
A lot of families survive with less than 100k a month.They later produce graduates , clergymen and other professionals in various hand works. That later make it big time in life.
Re: Ladies In Relationship With Men Who Earn ₦100k And Below, Please How Do You Cope by rickyrex(m): 7:14pm On Aug 21, 2022
Rozross:
Solely plan on the 100k first before thinking of what the other person brings to the table. Any man with such “bring to the table” mindset does not go far in life, let’s be realistic for once.
how much do you think he should be earning before talking about marriage. If you are earning one million a month and you are living large, it might still not be enough for you

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (24) (Reply)

Man Weds His Seat Partner In Secondary School After Dating For 12 Years (Photo) / Soldier Who Was Traveling To Engage His Girlfriend Survives Accident (Pic) / Should I Accept My Sister's Husbands Marriage Proposal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.