Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,168 members, 7,953,626 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:07 PM

Is Heaven Made For Christians Only? - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Heaven Made For Christians Only? (22524 Views)

What Is Heaven Like? / Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ / Ah! Sin Unto Death. (all Christians Only ) we waiting for Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Heaven Made For Christians Only? by Kobojunkie: 7:46pm On Sep 11, 2022
djmickymouse:
1. *My answer will definitely stir controversy, but just think about it from a nuetral point of view, there is only one GOD and every religion has a mediator, Jesus christ is a mediator, now before you kill me,
2. * did Abraham and David believe in Jesus?
3. In all you do just be a good person no matter your religion you will be rewarded in the after life*
1. If each religion has its own mediator, shouldn't it also follow that they also have their own Heaven and hence their own God meaning there isn't just one God for all religions? This is unless you believe instead that Jesus Christ, the one who said that He alone is the way to the Father, is a liar. undecided

2. Did God promise Heaven to Abraham or to David? undecided

3. Did God say goodness by your own standard(man's) is what he desires of those who will be rewarded by Him after this life is over? undecided
Re: Is Heaven Made For Christians Only? by WhizdomXX(m): 8:25pm On Sep 11, 2022
chieveboy:
Dear OP,

I can let you know for free that you visit parts of heaven daily and you call it "dream".

People who die gravitate to a part of heaven they have earned while living the earth life. There was no moment when you are completely isolated from heaven and you need absolutely NO religion or belief in a deity to visit or go there after you die.

The difference is in the quality and which part of heaven. This is determined by how much love you have given or not given.

Your baby at home cannot make much difference between heaven and earth. The baby plays with friends from the other side, speak with them and sorts. They start to lose this ability after starting school most of the times or when adults chide them from that "fantasy".
Too much sandman.
Re: Is Heaven Made For Christians Only? by k4kenny(f): 8:44pm On Sep 11, 2022
Sixfiguresmart:
no other religion can even smell the sky let alone heaven.

surah 56:66 We have been penalized. They are punishing their god and expect him to open the door to where?

And you expect to make heaven with this hideous lie? Smh. Christian's are the most deluded people I've ever seen. Take Jesus as your Lord and saviour Kwa? Who talk that kain thing? Jesus or God (Sebi they're both the same grin)

Continue to believe in man- made concoctions telling you to call a human being your God and saviour. É go soon cast for una eyes.
Re: Is Heaven Made For Christians Only? by Ajibade123(m): 8:53pm On Sep 11, 2022
adeoyekay:
Once you accept JESUS as your LORD and personal saviour heaven is yours.
what if I was born in a place where Jesus or Christianity is not know does that mean I won't be going to heaven?
Re: Is Heaven Made For Christians Only? by adeoyekay(m): 8:54pm On Sep 11, 2022
Ajibade123:

what if I was born in a place where Jesus or Christianity is not know does that mean I won't be going to heaven?
That is not an excuse
Re: Is Heaven Made For Christians Only? by Ajibade123(m): 8:56pm On Sep 11, 2022
Zee0007:
Heaven is not made for Christians but believers. You can be a Christian and yet not believe in Jesus Christ.

Once you are a believer, you will make heaven. But heaven is not the final resting place for believers. It is a temporary place to stay before the new world is created. A world where one is ageless and not bound by time. A place for eternal rest and koinonia.

The new Jerusalem. You don't want to miss it.

do you mean new Lagos because Jerusalem is in Asia
and I don't think the Israeli government will want to adopt Nigerians
Re: Is Heaven Made For Christians Only? by Kobojunkie: 9:22pm On Sep 11, 2022
Ajibade123:
If you don't believe in Jesus Christ, there is no Heaven or Hell for you. undecided
Re: Is Heaven Made For Christians Only? by k4kenny(f): 9:58pm On Sep 11, 2022
adeoyekay:
That is not an excuse

How is it not an excuse? How is it their fault they never heard of Jesus? Will your god toss them into hellfire for not knowing about a doctrine?

1 Like

Re: Is Heaven Made For Christians Only? by Kobojunkie: 10:06pm On Sep 11, 2022
k4kenny:
How is it not an excuse? How is it their fault they never heard of Jesus? Will your god toss them into hellfire for not knowing about a doctrine?
As Jesus Christ instead told you, except a man be born-again, he cannot enter into the Kingdom of God - John 3 vs 5 - 8 - either through the Broad Gate that leads to destruction(HellFire) or the Narrow Gate that leads to true life(Heaven) - Matthew 7 vs 13 - 14 & Luke 13 vs 22 - 28. The only people God said will be tossed into Hellfire which is a part of the Kingdom of God - Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46 - are those who claim to believe in Him - are born-again -, but like goats, they really are, refuse to obey Him. undecided

So basically those who are not born-again cannot end up in Heaven or in Hellfire. They simply return back to the dust from which they were made as God condemned all those who do not believe since the time of Adam - Genesis 3 vs 19 . undecided
Re: Is Heaven Made For Christians Only? by efficiencie(m): 11:22pm On Sep 11, 2022
Yungmil:
People are born into different family, religion, tribe and culture. I see some families with both Christians and Muslim in it.

My question now is that people who are born into a family of Islam, Hindu, Judaism, paganism and whatever, does it mean they can't make heaven.

Because I know I am a Christian basically because I was born into a Christian home, and I find it difficult to convert to any other religion no matter the amount of preaching, same goes to those born into Islam Hindu and the rest.

Please I need scholars in the house for more clarification.

Jesus is a just judge and He will judge everyone according to their degree of awareness of the truth and there are three main levels of awareness.

The first level of awareness is your conscience. Muslims, Hindus etc who were born into such families and died not hearing the gospel of Christ will be judged by the dictates of their conscience (Romans 2:14-15). So if you know in your conscience what is good to do and you refuse to do it it is a sin unto you (James 4:17).

The second level of awareness is the Law and the Prophets. The Jews were given the law and according Joshua 1:8, the law must be observed and obeyed. Paul himself declared that the Law is spiritual (Romans 7:14). So if a person dies and was not aware of the gospel but was aware of the Law and the Prophets that person will be judged by the Law and the Prophets (Romans 2:12).

The third and highest level of awareness is the gospel as administered by the Holy Spirit. This is the highest level of awareness of the truth. If the Holy Spirit ever convicts you of the truth of the gospel you will not be judged by your conscience and neither will you be judged by the Law rather you will be judged by your level of obedience to the Spirit of God. For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God (Romans 8:14). So if you have been convicted by the Spirit of God and you rebel you cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
Re: Is Heaven Made For Christians Only? by Layi4real(m): 11:25pm On Sep 11, 2022
efficiencie:

Jesus is a just judge and He will judge everyone according to their degree of awareness of the truth and there are three main levels of awareness.

The first level of awareness is your conscience. Muslims, Hindus etc who were born into such families and died not hearing the gospel of Christ will be judged by the dictates of their conscience (Romans 2:14-15). So if you know in your conscience what is good to do and you refuse to do it it is a sin unto you (James 4:17).

The second level of awareness is the Law and the Prophets. The Jews were given the law and according Joshua 1:8, the law must be observed and obeyed. Paul himself declared that the Law is spiritual (Romans 7:14). So if a person dies and was not aware of the gospel but was aware of the Law and the Prophets that person will be judged by the Law and the Prophets (Romans 2:12).

The third and highest level of awareness is the gospel as administered by the Holy Spirit. This is the highest level of awareness of the truth. If the Holy Spirit ever convicts you of the truth of the gospel you will not be judged by your conscience and neither will you be judged by the Law rather you will be judged by your level of obedience to the Spirit of God. For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God (Romans 8:14). So if you have been convicted by the Spirit of God and you rebel you cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
everybody will b judge on the day of judgement including Jesus and Muhammad and other prophet.
Re: Is Heaven Made For Christians Only? by paul100(m): 11:30pm On Sep 11, 2022
Yusufisraelj:
@Yungmil

The straight answer to your question is No, it's not only christians that will make heaven, albeit let's dissect the matter with scriptures.

Rom.2.12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law; (KJV)

Rom.2.13 For it is not merely hearing the Law [read] that makes one righteous before God, but it is the doers of the Law who will be held guiltless and acquitted and justified. (AMP)

Rom.2.14 When Gentiles who have not the [divine] Law do instinctively what the Law requires, they are a law to themselves, since they do not have the Law. (AMP)

Rom.2.15 They show that the essential requirements of the Law are written in their hearts and are operating there, with which their consciences (sense of right and wrong) also bear witness; and their [moral] decisions (their arguments of reason, their condemning or approving thoughts) will accuse or perhaps defend and excuse [them] (AMP)

Now let's cross reference because scripture must explain scripture

Acts.17.30 Such [former] ages of ignorance God, it is true, ignored and allowed to pass unnoticed; but now He charges all people everywhere to repent (to change their minds for the better and heartily to amend their ways, with abhorrence of their past sins), (AMP)

Titus.1.15 To the pure [in heart and conscience] all things are pure, but to the defiled and corrupt and unbelieving nothing is pure; their very minds and consciences are defiled and polluted. (AMP)

2Cor.1.12 It is a reason for pride and exultation to which our conscience testifies that we have conducted ourselves in the world [generally] and especially toward you, with devout and pure motives and godly sincerity, not in fleshly wisdom but by the grace of God (the unmerited favor and merciful kindness by which God, exerting His holy influence upon souls, turns them to Christ, and keeps, strengthens, and increases them in Christian virtues). (AMP)

Rom.9.1 I am speaking the truth in Christ. I am not lying; my conscience [enlightened and prompted] by the Holy Spirit bearing witness with me (AMP)

Acts.23.1 Then Paul, gazing earnestly at the council (Sanhedrin), said, Brethren, I have lived before God, doing my duty with a perfectly good conscience until this very day [as a citizen, a true and loyal Jew]. (AMP)

Acts.24.16 Therefore I always exercise and discipline myself [mortifying my body, deadening my carnal affections, bodily appetites, and worldly desires, endeavoring in all respects] to have a clear (unshaken, blameless) conscience, void of offense toward God and toward men. (AMP)

The essence of all the scriptures I quotes was to buttress ROM 2:14, it tells you straight up that people who lived with thier sense of right and wrong will make heaven provided Christ was never preached to them. This is true, it will surprise you know that those in heaven are far more than those in Hell, this again is true, it's an insight I was privileged to get. Let's go further....

Rom.10.14 But how are people to call upon Him Whom they have not believed [in Whom they have no faith, on Whom they have no reliance]? And how are they to believe in Him [adhere to, trust in, and rely upon Him] of Whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without a preacher? (AMP)

You remember this part of scripture? This the conclusion of the matter a Hindu man, a Muslim, a pagan, an atheist who was never opportuned to hear about Jesus, on what basis will God the father condemn the person? This is a real question a reasoning believer should answer, on what basis? And so to every civilization God the father have given part of the 10 commandments, the Eskimos in the north pole have one commandment which is, though shall not kill, if a believer never reaches them to preach Christ, God the father will judge them by that one commandment and the state of thier conscience.

However a pagan, Hindu man or Muslim or atheist who has never heard of Jesus but soiled his/her conscience and continues in it (sense of right or wrong, every human has this) by going against it, will not make heaven, just like a believer who knows that lying, murder and fornication is bad and yet continues in it, that believer will also not make heaven.

So what is the advantage of being a Christian if an unbeliever who hasn't heard of Jesus will make heaven, in the Divine Schemes of God, when God created man, a Christian was the template of living, so when fall happened and God started with the Jews, he expects every unbelievable to look at the life of the Jews and want to serve thier Thier God, because of the excellencies that comes with that life style, from spiritually, to finance to exploits in life, hence Nebuchadnezzar's confession, so also what Jesus came to give to the entire human race, a Muslim should be able to look at a believer and say I desire this kind of living because of the excellencies (advantages) that comes with it, the problem now is that when a believer wants to secure those advantages the flesh and sin has to be eliminated with consistent fasting, prayer, consecration and upgrading of the mind to function in the sphere (religion, finance, politics, entertainment) that Jesus wants, how many believers have paid this price to be mirrows to the world? To reveal uncommon inventions, power to heal and make whole, setting territories free from natural disasters and capriciousness of Satan. God will will help us all.

I hope this helps?
I learnt alot from this.
Re: Is Heaven Made For Christians Only? by efficiencie(m): 11:35pm On Sep 11, 2022
Layi4real:
everybody will b judge on the day of judgement including Jesus and Muhammad and other prophet.

I did not answer the question as a muslim and I did not answer the question in response to a muslim...a Christian question was asked and I answered in a Christian manner. So keep your opinion to yourself.
Re: Is Heaven Made For Christians Only? by Ken4Christ: 11:40pm On Sep 11, 2022
Yungmil:
People are born into different family, religion, tribe and culture. I see some families with both Christians and Muslim in it.

My question now is that people who are born into a family of Islam, Hindu, Judaism, paganism and whatever, does it mean they can't make heaven.

Because I know I am a Christian basically because I was born into a Christian home, and I find it difficult to convert to any other religion no matter the amount of preaching, same goes to those born into Islam Hindu and the rest.

Please I need scholars in the house for more clarification.

Christian Religion will not take you to heaven. That you are born into a Christian home doesn't make you a part of the family of God written in heaven.

You must be born again.

Everyone must be born again to make heaven whether born into a Christian home or a Muslim family.

Jesus is the only way to God.

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus - 1st Timothy 2:5.

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God - John 3:3.

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me - John 14:6

So, even if you are born into a Christian home and you are not born again, you will not make heaven.

Salvation is a free gift. And the steps to take to receive it is simple.

1. Believe with your heart that Jesus died for you.

2. Confess that Jesus is the Lord of your life.

According to Romans 10:9-10

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, THOU SHALT BE SAVED.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Do it now and be a part of the family of God written in heaven.

The message is for everyone irrespective of your religion. We all need Jesus.
Re: Is Heaven Made For Christians Only? by Kobojunkie: 11:56pm On Sep 11, 2022
Layi4real:
That isn't true at all. undecided

According to Jesus Christ, it is only the sheep and goats in His flock ... those who are born-again and have entered into the Kingdom of God... that will be judged on the Judgement day when He returns to Judge. So whoever fed you the story you are peddling, lied to you. undecided
Re: Is Heaven Made For Christians Only? by Kobojunkie: 11:57pm On Sep 11, 2022
paul100:
I learnt alot from this.
But the entire write-up is a false doctrine. SO what exactly did you learn from the lie? undecided
Re: Is Heaven Made For Christians Only? by laughitall(m): 12:11am On Sep 12, 2022
Aaronsrod:

Correct.

God's Word is clear.

Our ancestors are languishing in flames this very moment. They shall be tortured without end. They worshipped demons and are being punished accordingly.

Abandon them and seek only to save your own soul from the eternal flames.
you are very stupid .. lost soul
Re: Is Heaven Made For Christians Only? by paul100(m): 12:26am On Sep 12, 2022
Kobojunkie:
But the entire write-up is a false doctrine. SO what exactly did you learn from the lie? undecided
I got what I wanted from romans2:13-15
For those people that have "Never" heard of Jesus Christ but do the right things that the Law Of God commands us that know the law already to do.God will judge them by the good and bad things you do and make it their own law
For example,a 6year old boy in a small village in India that has never heard the word "JESUS" knows good and bad already.
He knows if he steals his mum money,it is a bad act but he still decide to steal it.God will judge him with this.
He knows it is bad to shout at his parents but if he choose to still do it,God will judge him with it.
Because you can't tell me the God of heaven i serve will send people that have never had the name"Jesus" to hell when they are doing good things on earth.If you have heard of Jesus and you refuse to seek him,this is another ball game entirely according to the teachings of the bible.
Some times,I ask myself.Why did God not make everyone to be born into house that identify with the religion,CHRISTIANITY.At least if it was like that.Question like this,won't be asked but the way of God is different from ours
Re: Is Heaven Made For Christians Only? by Layi4real(m): 12:31am On Sep 12, 2022
Kobojunkie:
That isn't true at all. undecided

According to Jesus Christ, it is only the sheep and goats in His flock ... those who are born-again and have entered into the Kingdom of God... that will be judged on the Judgement day when He returns to Judge. So whoever fed you the story you are peddling, lied to you. undecided
how can a creature like u judge u on the day of judgement. So far u are a creature of God who is the creator of all things u are liable to b judge and u can't escape it. Only God can't b judge and so far Jesus isn't God then he will b judge. U might claim he is God in accordance to ur believe but there lot of verse which claim him not to b God e.g Jesus cried with tears to God to save him from death and he was heard Hebrew 5v7
Re: Is Heaven Made For Christians Only? by Kobojunkie: 1:46am On Sep 12, 2022
Layi4real:
1. how can a creature like u judge u on the day of judgement. So far u are a creature of God who is the creator of all things u are liable to b judge and u can't escape it.

2. Only God can't b judge and so far Jesus isn't God then he will b judge. U might claim he is God in accordance to ur believe but there lot of verse which claim him not to b God e.g Jesus cried with tears to God to save him from death and he was heard Hebrew 5v7
1. According to Jesus Christ, He is the King and Judge over the Kingdom where Heaven and Hell belong in - Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46. So anyone who is a Christian submits to that fact and that decree. undecided

2. Well, as Jesus Christ made clear, He is the King and judge over all those who are His followers. And since He is King over Heaven and over Hell.... all those who wish to enter into His Heaven or His Hell must be born-again just as Jesus Christ said. undecided
Re: Is Heaven Made For Christians Only? by Sixfiguresmart(m): 2:02am On Sep 12, 2022
k4kenny:

And you expect to make heaven with this hideous lie? Smh. Christian's are the most deluded people I've ever seen. Take Jesus as your Lord and saviour Kwa? Who talk that kain thing? Jesus or God (Sebi they're both the same grin)

Continue to believe in man- made concoctions telling you to call a human being your God and saviour. É go soon cast for una eyes.

Did allah lie when he told you that he is being punished? Imagine this man calling his allah a liar. What I posted there is the noble quran. And you are accusing allah of hideously lying to you??

Tell me, is allah under punishment or not according to surah 56:66 We have been penalized.

let it cast right here now. I want to see it. Who is punishing allah?
Re: Is Heaven Made For Christians Only? by Kobojunkie: 2:03am On Sep 12, 2022
paul100:
1. I got what I wanted from romans2:13-15
For those people that have "Never" heard of Jesus Christ but do the right things that the Law Of God commands us that know the law already to do.God will judge them by the good and bad things you do and make it their own law
For example,a 6year old boy in a small village in India that has never heard the word "JESUS" knows good and bad already.He knows if he steals his mum money,it is a bad act but he still decide to steal it.God will judge him with this.
He knows it is bad to shout at his parents but if he choose to still do it,God will judge him with it.

2. Because you can't tell me the God of heaven i serve will send people that have never had the name"Jesus" to hell when they are doing good things on earth.If you have heard of Jesus and you refuse to seek him,this is another ball game entirely according to the teachings of the bible.

3. Some times,I ask myself.Why did God not make everyone to be born into house that identify with the religion,CHRISTIANITY.At least if it was like that.Question like this,won't be asked but the way of God is different from ours
1. What you claim you got makes no sense when put against the teachings of Jesus Christ, the one who is in fact King in the Kingdom of God - King over Heaven and King over Hell - Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46 - who instead told you that only those who are born-again- John 3 vs 5 - 8 - and also obey His teachings and commandments are sons of God - John 8 vs 31 - and those who are His friends - John 15 vs 14. Implying that those who are born-again but refuse to obey His teachings and commandments are His enemies. undecided

A 6-year-old who has never heard of Jesus Christ cannot be born-again and so does not even qualify to exist outside of the Kingdom of God, the boundary within which those who will end up in Heaven or in Hell exists within. What more, the boys definition of good and evil cannot meet up with the standard that is Jesus Christ's teachings and commandments which is a higher standard than what are your moral laws. So clearly, your understanding of what is written in Paul’s letter does not seem to align with God's Truth at all. undecided

2. It seems you don't even know anything about the God you claim you serve. According to Jesus Christ, only those who are born-again can enter into the Kingdom of God - John 3 vs 5 - 8 - either through the Broad Gate which leads to destruction(Hell) or the Narrow gate which leads to True Life(Heaven) - Matthew 7 vs 13 - 14 & Luke 13 vs 22 - 28 - after Jesus Christ returns and judges all those who belong in His flock - the sheep and goats - Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46. This has been God's Truth revealed over 2000 years ago. If you, over 2000 years later, do not even know this of the one you call saviour, then what do you really truly know of Him? undecided

3. According to God, all those who do not believe in Him and all those who never heard of Jesus Christ return back to the dust from which they were made when they die - Genesis 3 vs 19. There is no heaven or Hell for them. undecided

God already answered all these questions and more for you and the answers are right there in scripture for you to read and learn for yourself. So the better question should instead be why haven't you found those answers before now? undecided
Re: Is Heaven Made For Christians Only? by Kobojunkie: 3:06am On Sep 12, 2022
Yusufisraelj:
1. The straight answer to your question is No, it's not only christians that will make heaven, albeit let's dissect the matter with scriptures.
2. Now let's cross reference because scripture must explain scripture
3. The essence of all the scriptures I quotes was to buttress ROM 2:14, it tells you straight up that people who lived with thier sense of right and wrong will make heaven provided Christ was never preached to them. This is true, it will surprise you know that those in heaven are far more than those in Hell, this again is true, it's an insight I was privileged to get. Let's go further....

Rom.10.14 But how are people to call upon Him Whom they have not believed [in Whom they have no faith, on Whom they have no reliance]? And how are they to believe in Him [adhere to, trust in, and rely upon Him] of Whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without a preacher? (AMP)

You remember this part of scripture? This the conclusion of the matter a Hindu man, a Muslim, a pagan, an atheist who was never opportuned to hear about Jesus, on what basis will God the father condemn the person? This is a real question a reasoning believer should answer, on what basis? And so to every civilization God the father have given part of the 10 commandments, the Eskimos in the north pole have one commandment which is, though shall not kill, if a believer never reaches them to preach Christ, God the father will judge them by that one commandment and the state of thier conscience.

However a pagan, Hindu man or Muslim or atheist who has never heard of Jesus but soiled his/her conscience and continues in it (sense of right or wrong, every human has this) by going against it, will not make heaven, just like a believer who knows that lying, murder and fornication is bad and yet continues in it, that believer will also not make heaven.

So what is the advantage of being a Christian if an unbeliever who hasn't heard of Jesus will make heaven, in the Divine Schemes of God, when God created man, a Christian was the template of living, so when fall happened and God started with the Jews, he expects every unbelievable to look at the life of the Jews and want to serve thier Thier God, because of the excellencies that comes with that life style, from spiritually, to finance to exploits in life, hence Nebuchadnezzar's confession, so also what Jesus came to give to the entire human race, a Muslim should be able to look at a believer and say I desire this kind of living because of the excellencies (advantages) that comes with it, the problem now is that when a believer wants to secure those advantages the flesh and sin has to be eliminated with consistent fasting, prayer, consecration and upgrading of the mind to function in the sphere (religion, finance, politics, entertainment) that Jesus wants, how many believers have paid this price to be mirrows to the world? To reveal uncommon inventions, power to heal and make whole, setting territories free from natural disasters and capriciousness of Satan. God will will help us all.

I hope this helps?
1. I am afraid your summation is not only wrong but it is also not backed up by any of that written in Paul's letter which was majorly directed at believers who were of Jewish descent.. those who already believe in Jesus Christ. undecided

2. Again, none of the verses you lifted out of context provide reasonable backup for your initial summation this is because this idea of yours that Heaven is not just for those who are born-again, is not according to scripture. undecided

3. I am afraid that is impossible because Jesus Christ, the one who is King in the Kingdom of God where Heaven and Hell belong made it abundantly clear to His followers that except a man be born-again, he CAN NOT enter into the Kingdom of God where Heaven and Hell are both domains in - Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46 & John 3 vs 5 - 8. Jesus Christ, in His teachings, clearly revealed that it is only those who obey HIs teachings and His commandments that are His followers - John 14 vs 20 - 24 & John 15 vs 14 - , and it is those who continue to stand faithful - living in continuous submission and obedience of His teachings and commandments - until the end that will be saved - Matthew 24 vs 13 & Mark 13 vs 13. And according to Him, the righteous, those who obey His teachings are those who Heaven will be for whereas the unrighteous - those who refuse to follow His teachings - will have Hell as their reward. undecided

So how can a one who has never been born-again, and who never obeyed all of Jesus Christ's teachings and commandments make it into the Kingdom of God which Jesus Christ designated for only those who believe in HIm and are born-again as a result? Don't you see how by claiming others can do that, you make a liar of Jesus Christ? undecided
Re: Is Heaven Made For Christians Only? by Rafiquie: 6:13am On Sep 12, 2022
Christianity is just one single path in a million to the light of consciousness.
Re: Is Heaven Made For Christians Only? by oloriIT(m): 7:30am On Sep 12, 2022
Being born into a Christian family is not the criteria for making heaven. Even going to church regularly doesn’t qualify you for heaven.

The condition for making heaven as stated by God in the Bible is that ‘ye must be born again’. Your must pray to Jesus, confessing your sins with repentance and ask Him to cleanse your heart with His blood, believe that Jesus will do this and continue to pray until the spirit of God confirms the work has been done. Romans 8:16 says the spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit that we are children of God. Your name will then be written in the book of life and you continue to work according to the dictates of the spirit of God. You can reach out to me if you need more guidance.

God cannot change His standard for anyone, we are to humble ourselves and submit to His own standard. Take care.
Re: Is Heaven Made For Christians Only? by adams123: 8:09am On Sep 12, 2022
WE MUSLIMS & CHRISTIANS NEED TO DIALOGUE ON A ROUND TABLE TO KNOW THE TRUE WAY OF WORSHIPPING GOD WHICH IS THE TICKET TO PARADISE ON JUDGMENT DAY.
BUT WE ARE BUSY HATING ONE ANOTHER WHICH IS BASELESS AND A SIN AGAINST GOD TO INDULGE IN THAT IF YOU READ YOUR SCRIPTURES VERY WELL.
Re: Is Heaven Made For Christians Only? by monex(m): 8:30am On Sep 12, 2022
The Church (Catholic Church) teachings on the subject can be summarised below:

The only way to heaven is by the grace of God and that grace comes through Christ and His Church irrespective of the person's religion.

another answer from catholic.com

"Those who were not in full communion with the Catholic Church in this world, if they died in God’s grace, surely go to heaven after the purifications of purgatory. They may experience less help from the living while they are being purified, because they may have belonged to communities that do not pray for the departed; but as to their destiny, they are the same as those who were Catholics in this world. In fact, no one is a “non-Catholic” in the world to come, because everyone recognizes the truth of the Catholic Faith"

https://www.catholic.com/qa/do-non-catholic-christians-go-to-heaven
Re: Is Heaven Made For Christians Only? by Reasoning(m): 9:15am On Sep 12, 2022
Is God Religion Make them enter Heaven make I see now...
Re: Is Heaven Made For Christians Only? by Nobody: 9:41am On Sep 12, 2022
adeoyekay:
Once you accept JESUS as your LORD and personal saviour heaven is yours.

Even without following his instructions. Funny man
Re: Is Heaven Made For Christians Only? by Kobojunkie: 1:31pm On Sep 12, 2022
monex:
The Church (Catholic Church) teachings on the subject can be summarised below:

The only way to heaven is by the grace of God and that grace comes through Christ and His Church irrespective of the person's religion.

another answer from catholic.com

"Those who were not in full communion with the Catholic Church in this world, if they died in God’s grace, surely go to heaven after the purifications of purgatory. They may experience less help from the living while they are being purified, because they may have belonged to communities that do not pray for the departed; but as to their destiny, they are the same as those who were Catholics in this world. In fact, no one is a “non-Catholic” in the world to come, because everyone recognizes the truth of the Catholic Faith"
Jesus Christ's position however is that only those who are born-again can obtain grace(eternal life) which they can then spend in either of Eternal Damnation (Hell) or Eternal Reward(Truth). So I hope you can see how utterly foolish this Catholic stance you posted truly are when put up against the very teachings of Jesus Christ, the King and Law in the Kingdom of God - Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46 undecided
Re: Is Heaven Made For Christians Only? by Kobojunkie: 1:34pm On Sep 12, 2022
adams123:
WE MUSLIMS & CHRISTIANS NEED TO DIALOGUE ON A ROUND TABLE TO KNOW THE TRUE WAY OF WORSHIPPING GOD WHICH IS THE TICKET TO PARADISE ON JUDGMENT DAY.
BUT WE ARE BUSY HATING ONE ANOTHER WHICH IS BASELESS AND A SIN AGAINST GOD TO INDULGE IN THAT IF YOU READ YOUR SCRIPTURES VERY WELL.
Do Muslims and Christians make the law on the Behalf of God in what is His own Kingdom ? undecided

Look, the God of the Bible made it abundantly clear that if you want to enter into His own Heaven, you must submit to and obey the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ - He is the only way. undecided

If the Muslim idea of heaven is what you prefer, then go ahead and consult the Muslim Allah for instructions on how to gain access to that at the end. undecided
Re: Is Heaven Made For Christians Only? by faithsurvey: 6:12pm On Sep 12, 2022
See an ex-pastor who converted about 650 other PASTORS to Islam. Read the story in this link: https://www.nairaland.com/7326962/650-pastors-converted-islam-former

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

He Joined Me To Church Today, Because I Promised To Buy Him Beer. / Catholic Archbishop Of Benin City In Serious Sex Scandal / Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.