Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,783 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:49 PM

Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) (62047 Views)

Traffic Management Solutions (TMS) Used By LASTMA To Catch Traffic Offenders / Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 / Commuters Forced To Ride On Horses On Mile12 - Ikorodu Road As Traffic Worsens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Shawl001(m): 9:32pm On Sep 15, 2022
Like every story, the morale is that, you should be Obidient! - to the Law and to yourself
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Offpoint1: 9:33pm On Sep 15, 2022
Alajiki:

Yinmu!

You'd also be trailed, arrested, prosecuted and executed.

Simple!
You can't trail me unless I want you to...

I know all ”Tracking” technique used by All Nigeria forces.
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by mkoabiola: 9:34pm On Sep 15, 2022
Lagos is not for the faint hearted
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:35pm On Sep 15, 2022
gaby:
Hmmm

I won't be surprised to later find out that they've turned this into a racket where they can impound and auction off people's vehicles under false pretence to third parties arranged by them.

Nothing is not corruptible in Nigeria.

Na wa

It's already a racket. How come it's only old model vehicles we're seeing here? Where are the BMW's, Benz, and decade-old or newer model Toyotas and Hondas?

They've "sold" those to themselves and are only using this to cover up their activities.

Auction doesn't mean dirt cheap. If this was genuine, the vehicles will be sold close to the market price and not at these bush meat prices.
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by samuel900(m): 9:35pm On Sep 15, 2022
Shut ur mouth jor.......try rubbish in America..
Sonnobax15:
grin
And someone was telling me the other day to vote in the landlord of Lagos as president of Nigeria..Make I go mistakenly go park my keke wrongly,next thing na to auction am out undecided

Over my dead body...I rather sit-down my house on that day than to go cast my vote for who go remove my source of food from my hand undecided
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Wipper7000: 9:35pm On Sep 15, 2022
Millimann:
Why not impose fines rather.
Why committing the offence in the first place
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by grandstar(m): 9:35pm On Sep 15, 2022
It's an unjust auction if no cars personally owned by LASTMA officials were not included.

They are some of the biggest violators of traffic laws. Motorists would have been much better drivers if these officials lived by example and were focused more on enforcing traffic regulations rather than extorting the public, especially the most liquid and vulnerable who tend to be commercial drivers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Alajiki(m): 9:36pm On Sep 15, 2022
SILVERLINES:
grin
E don set

Campaign is closer, they need money to buy votes.

Woe unto anyone voting APC in 2023

Yinmu!

Many of you just shout that leadership is the problem of this country! Naaaah, it's actually follower-ship. Youths with warped mentality. Youths who see wrong as right. Youths who are even worse that the leaders being castigated. Youths who are dangerous to even their own future.

Tueh!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:36pm On Sep 15, 2022
Legalcriminal:
Be like I Dey go next auction if I fit see this buy for 50k

You are wicked grin, me sef go like buy 100k Lamborghini
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by reddingtonblack: 9:36pm On Sep 15, 2022
lagosrd:
Very very parochial and barbaric style Ina modern day. They end up selling the cars at ridiculously cheap prices, and will not allow any higher bidder to come in. Why not tell the car owner to pay a fine of the same amount of auction. Give them the right if first refusal before you turn them into rags.

Every traffic offender whose car as impounded is given an option of fine, which can never be up to the amount the cars are aunctioned.

shey baba taofeek that couldnt meet up to pay 50/100k fine to regain his vehicle were he was see quarter the value the car is worth to pay at aunction.

Infact asking the offenders to pay fines worth aunction price sounds ridiculous, more like daylight robbery
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Greenback: 9:36pm On Sep 15, 2022
This is very very wrong of LASG,wrong and wicked.

There should be something like 1st,2nd and finally 3rd offenders. If a driver offends first time,he/she should be fined,2nd time,fine and given final warning.

There ain't no difference between lasg and agberoes and lastma,all touts and very wicked.

Btw,I head they also auctioned thefacelessman wheelbarrow grin
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by yahmohy27: 9:36pm On Sep 15, 2022
Sonnobax15:
grin
And someone was telling me the other day to vote in the landlord of Lagos as president of Nigeria..Make I go mistakenly go park my keke wrongly,next thing na to auction am out undecided

Over my dead body...I rather sit-down my house on that day than to go cast my vote for who go remove my source of food from my hand undecided
That is if you don't do the right thing oga ipob
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Alajiki(m): 9:36pm On Sep 15, 2022
Offpoint1:

You can't trail me unless I want you to...

I know all ”Tracking” technique used by All Nigeria forces.

Yinmu!
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by godofuck231: 9:38pm On Sep 15, 2022
Poor man and law breaking , no Prado or lexus 570 ,no Lamborghinis, or g class
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by hope4nigeria(m): 9:38pm On Sep 15, 2022
gaby:
Hmmm

I won't be surprised to later find out that they've turned this into a racket where they can impound and auction off people's vehicles under false pretence to third parties arranged by them.

Nothing is not corruptible in Nigeria.

Na wa
that's exactly what they're doing. People in Lagos are too simple, if you buy my car in auction and I know you Know your house, my brother you are a dead man. You can't try that in North, you will only achieve people kill each other.
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by jojothaiv(m): 9:39pm On Sep 15, 2022
Now, this is a good one

Since we (both the leaders and the led) find it hard abiding by the rules and regulations over here, we should be ready for days like this. Slowly but steady we will surely get the Nigeria we want.

Meanwhile, Sani Aliyu Dandawo - Wakar Shehu Kangiwa is one evergreen song I don't joke with...
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by spartachico(m): 9:40pm On Sep 15, 2022
Faithful007:
If this is the case then those guys can unite, find a good civil rights lawyer and quickly file a case against the Lagos State Government. It is winnable. This is too totalitarian.

My brother,not all road sign are truly visible and most of the time we don’t have time to start taking pictures or explaining that we can’t see the sign ,once you got no bribe to offer at the spot ,case transfer plus vehicle seizing ,two months ago,the traffic light was red when I stopped and there were 2/3 cars before me and the light said go and while driving ahead the lastma and two police parked infront of me saying I crossed the line before the light was green and asked him (with my door locked and lower window) didn’t you see the cars before me ,what is my offense he couldn’t ascertain it ,so I faked him to move his bike to the nearby fueling station and we can talk the moment he moved ,I zoomed off with speed ,catch me if you can

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by dyera(m): 9:40pm On Sep 15, 2022
Tinubu is wicked man, he doesn't hear I beg.
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by reddingtonblack: 9:41pm On Sep 15, 2022
Shoodboi:

It's already a racket. How come it's only old model vehicles we're seeing here? Where are the BMW's, Benz, and decade-old or newer model Toyotas and Hondas?

They've "sold" those to themselves and are only using this to cover up their activities.

Auction doesn't mean dirt cheap. If this was genuine, the vehicles will be sold close to the market price. But selling 2m vehicle for 400k? Nah!

How much is the highest fine for traffic offence, that you are looking for range rover or benz ..
no traffic fine is above 100k except for one way that has no specific amount aside jail time if found guilt cheesy
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by ibechris(m): 9:42pm On Sep 15, 2022
Some of these people are the ones shouting APC in last election,now how market?

U are auctioning peoples sweat.

Next years election go surprised APC.

E go hit them like tsunami.
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by gaby(m): 9:45pm On Sep 15, 2022
tunwumi:

It was done in the presence of the owners.
So this inference does not hold water.

And sold to the owners in your "inference" that holds enough water.
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by hope4nigeria(m): 9:46pm On Sep 15, 2022
spartachico:

My brother,not all road sign are truly visible and most of the time we don’t have time to start taking pictures or explaining that we can’t see the sign ,once you got no bribe to offer at the spot ,case transfer plus vehicle seizing ,two months ago,the traffic light was red when I stopped and there were 2/3 cars before me and the light said go and while driving ahead the lastma and two police parked infront of me saying I crossed the line before the light was green and asked him (with my door locked and lower window) didn’t you see the cars before me ,what is my offense he couldn’t ascertain it ,so I faked him to move his bike to the nearby fueling station and we can talk the moment he moved ,I zoomed off with speed ,catch me if you can
even in US. Traffic offender will be charged to court and issue tickets to pay if found guilty, why is Lagos government this wicked, this kind of thing can cause crisis among people. So if this useless Tinubu become president, he will start selling peoples cars using agbero task force, that is war declaration.
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by gaby(m): 9:46pm On Sep 15, 2022
Alajiki:

What's this one saying?

If you did not commit traffic offence, would they come to your house to impound your vehicle?

Phlegm...
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by OlujobaSamuel: 9:47pm On Sep 15, 2022
I can't see any of those luxury Hilux, Lexus, Benz, etc always quick to go wrong way, na poor man Dem dey hold
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by gloryman91: 9:47pm On Sep 15, 2022
So sad, hope Yahoo Yahoozism boys no dey among o ?
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by lagosrd: 9:48pm On Sep 15, 2022
reddingtonblack:

Every traffic offender whose car as impounded is given an option of fine, which can never be up to the amount the cars are aunctioned.

shey baba taofeek that couldnt meet up to pay 50/100k fine to regain his vehicle were he was see quarter the value the car is worth to pay at aunction.

Infact asking the offenders to pay fines worth aunction price sounds ridiculous, more like daylight robbery

I never had the intention of replying any quote as the day has really gone into darkness. That same law has the human face if and only the operators are willing to do the right thing. Why do we choose to treat ourselves as rags and then turn to blame others for the problems we create.

Will it not be better your car goes to court and you summon courage and pay up fo the fines than just suctioning people's properties as if we are in banana republic,

Lastly why are cars of such auctioned under that kind of condition. Couldn't you see the owners crying and don't tell me all of them are actually offenders. Don't you see Danfo vehicles on BRT lanes? And the lastma officials will just look aside and if it were to be a private car user they will jump into the expressway and engage the driver in a fight for all.

Stop glorifying what is not good, you could be a victim tomorrow. Most of those roads you see the lastmat are standing on are federal roads and what right have they on federal roads. You just want to make it look as if the offenders are really bad.

Go to ojota, ketu etc and see what you call Justice. People driving in express and still calling passengers to come in. Abegggii
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by tunwumi: 9:48pm On Sep 15, 2022
gaby:

And aold to the owners in your "inference" that holds enough water.

Bid more for the item. Seems you don't understand the meaning of bidding
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Enimin: 9:49pm On Sep 15, 2022
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by ytdivine(m): 9:49pm On Sep 15, 2022
Total wickedness
Re: Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) by Clinghton: 9:51pm On Sep 15, 2022
Is this the best punishment the law can offer, the kind of punishment this kind of offense deserves should be corrective.
Now what is the guarantee that they new buyers won't repeat the same crime.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

This Picture About Nigeria Airways Will Make You Cry / This Is What Happens To Your Poop When You Defecate In A Plane's Lavatory. / I Trekked To Church Today And It Was Fun But Church Looked Scanty (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.