Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,476 members, 7,812,469 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:52 PM

I’ll Dialogue With IPOB, Other Agitators – Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Dialogue With IPOB, Other Agitators – Peter Obi (14696 Views)

I Will Not Dialogue With Bandits; I Can Only Dialogue With Agitators–Peter Obi / Nnamdi Kanu Poses With Ipob Members After Erev Shabbat In Israel(photos) / Nnamdi Kanu Is Alive, Spotted In Jerusalem Praying, Poses With IPOB Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’ll Dialogue With IPOB, Other Agitators – Peter Obi by Obinoscopy(m): 2:54am On Nov 04, 2022
Presidential Candidate of the Labour Party (LP), Mr Peter Obi, has said he would dialogue with the members of the proscribed Indigenous Peoples of Biafra (IPOB) and other agitators to restore peace in the country if elected president come February 25, 2023.

Obi, a former governor of Anambra State stated this while responding to questions on insecurity in the country at the corporate headquarters of the Media Trust Group (MTG), owners of Daily Trust titles and Trust TV in Abuja. IPOB is a separatist organisation in Nigeria, which claims that its main aim is to restore an independent state of Biafra in the old Eastern Region of the country, comprising mainly today’s South-East and South-South regions.

The group was founded in 2012 by Nnamdi Kanu, a British-Nigerian known for his advocacy of the contemporary Biafran independence movement.

It was designated a terrorist organisation in 2017 under the Nigerian Terrorism Act and subsequently, Kanu was arrested and taken to court over terrorism-related offences.

The group had been accused of killing security operatives, politicians, traditional rulers and ordinary citizens. Its members were also fingered in the destruction of symbols of authority like police stations and INEC offices, among others.

In other parts of the country, the Boko Haram/ISWAP fighters have been raging war against the Nigerian state for over 13 years while activities of militants occasioned by oil theft have denied Nigeria the opportunity to benefit from its oil wealth. In the North West, bandits have been terrorising the people of the geopolitical zone.

‘My approach will be different’
While answering questions after his visit to Media Trust, Obi said, “I have said it times without number, Nigeria does not have more agitation than Brazil, if you want I will show you countries that have had agitations in the past, whether it is Brazil, Mexico, whether it is this.

“In our South East, it is a simple thing, I will dialogue, I will discuss, it is a democracy, and in a democracy, you govern by consensus. If anybody says he is not happy, you call him and you sit him down and discuss with him.

“People agitate in my house, my wife, my children. If you say to me you have lived with your wife all through and you people have never quarrelled, then you are not married. You disagree and settle it – that is agitation.”

If elected, Obi said he would govern by consensus and listen to all for smooth administration of the country.

“I will govern by listening to the people. I will visit every state in Nigeria. We have a huge land in the North that if properly invested and cultivated, will change Nigeria. The more I pull people out of poverty, the more I reduce agitation, the more I reduce criminality. What you are seeing in Nigeria today is a cumulative effect of leadership failure over the years and all I want to do is to be seen to be that man who changed this country called Nigeria,” he said.

Asked whether he shares the federal government’s position in designating IPOB as a terrorist organisation, he said, “I don’t want to go into that place. I have told you, I will dialogue with anybody, anything they like let them call you, I will meet and we discuss.

“I don’t like the way people were treated during the EndSARS, I will apologise. We must have a country of healing and love; that is what leadership in a democracy is.

“I am going to meet people in the North, I am going to meet people everywhere and say come, let’s be a family. I want Nigerians to be proud that they are Nigerians. What we have now is we have a country called Nigeria but we don’t have Nigerians. I want to bring back Nigerians.”

‘I’m not Igbo candidate’
While urging Nigerians to vote for him, he said he is not an Igbo candidate but the most qualified candidate among the 18 flagbearers.

“I am contesting as a Nigerian, I don’t want people to vote for me because I am an Igbo man or because I am from South East because people don’t buy bread cheaper because they are from that zone.

“I don’t want anybody to vote for me because I am a Christian; I don’t want them to vote because it is my turn, it is not inheritance. It is the turn of Nigerians to take back their country. I want them to vote for me because of character and competence, I have the capacity, I have the commitment, I am qualified,” he said.
https://dailytrust.com/exclusive-ill-dialogue-with-ipob-other-agitators-peter-obi

100 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I’ll Dialogue With IPOB, Other Agitators – Peter Obi by ShowYourCertificate: 2:54am On Nov 04, 2022
Good

109 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I’ll Dialogue With IPOB, Other Agitators – Peter Obi by JoeNL22(m): 2:57am On Nov 04, 2022

198 Likes 15 Shares

Re: I’ll Dialogue With IPOB, Other Agitators – Peter Obi by lhordspy: 3:00am On Nov 04, 2022
He said he doesnt want people to vote for him because he is Christian only?

Yet he has been going from churches to churches instigating the christians against the muslim, so is his zombidients supporters. To the extent that a religious body like CAN is now taking every little opportunity it has to attack muslim verbally during any interview.

You see my friends, i wont be voting this man not because i dont like him.but because he is a pretentious catalyst, a divider. A green snake in the green grass. A man should stand by his actions and Tactics. But Obi will rather be pretending up and down as a unifier, while he go about dividing the nation.

This may sounds tribalistic but it is not. I think there is a problem with all south-easterners. They all have this inbuilt hate and envy instigating character. Anywhere or every where they find themselves, hate is always the order of things there.

I mean, we have had hundreds of election across Nigeria since the beginning of democracy, we have never encounter any politics of hate and calumnies like this before. Not till the Igbos decided to get involve.

Those set of hatred filled souls and agent will never rule this country for the betterment of Nigeria.

195 Likes 25 Shares

Re: I’ll Dialogue With IPOB, Other Agitators – Peter Obi by Vinesee: 3:00am On Nov 04, 2022
Peter Obi, if Nigerians miss this man, our future will remain bleak

179 Likes 17 Shares

Re: I’ll Dialogue With IPOB, Other Agitators – Peter Obi by socialmediaman: 3:04am On Nov 04, 2022
The despot in Aso Rock completely mismanaged the problem with his high handedness and incompetency

97 Likes 11 Shares

Re: I’ll Dialogue With IPOB, Other Agitators – Peter Obi by kk2027: 3:07am On Nov 04, 2022
lhordspy:
He said he doesnt want people to vote for him because he is Christian?

Yet he has been going from churches to churches instigating the christians against the muslim, so is his zombidients supporters. To the extent that a religious body like CAN is now taking every little opportunity it has to attack muslim verbally during any interview.
His VP is muslim, PO is running a balanced ticket just like Atiku is doing. No candidate is running a same faith ticket except Tinubu

Same Tinubu even called holy communion(which is the body of Christ) poisoned and eaten by church rat. and they say is just a figure of speech. Nothing figurative about the body of Christ. Other people's religion should be respected

246 Likes 21 Shares

Re: I’ll Dialogue With IPOB, Other Agitators – Peter Obi by lhordspy: 3:09am On Nov 04, 2022
Right again, he was asked a very simple question on agitation. Instead of laying down his plan or atleast letting the host know what he has to combat it. Obi was busy quoting Brazil agitation statitics.

I think something is wrong with this man angry

151 Likes 22 Shares

Re: I’ll Dialogue With IPOB, Other Agitators – Peter Obi by lhordspy: 3:10am On Nov 04, 2022
Vinesee:
Peter Obi, if Nigerians miss this man, our future will remain bleak

No. Your life will break. Not ours.

172 Likes 19 Shares

Re: I’ll Dialogue With IPOB, Other Agitators – Peter Obi by kk2027: 3:11am On Nov 04, 2022
lhordspy:
Lols.

How many muslim VP are in the South-east?.

When he was governor of Anambra state, was his vice a muslim man?

Is that why Tinubu feels he can call the body of Christ poison?

122 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I’ll Dialogue With IPOB, Other Agitators – Peter Obi by lhordspy: 3:11am On Nov 04, 2022
kk2027:

His VP is muslim, PO is running a balanced ticket just like Atiku is doing. No candidate is running a same faith ticket except Tinubu

Same Tinubu even called holy communion(which is the body of Christ) poisoned and eaten by church rat.

Lols.

How many muslim vice governor are in the South-east?.

129 Likes 12 Shares

Re: I’ll Dialogue With IPOB, Other Agitators – Peter Obi by kk2027: 3:12am On Nov 04, 2022
Re: I’ll Dialogue With IPOB, Other Agitators – Peter Obi by kk2027: 3:14am On Nov 04, 2022
lhordspy:

Lols.

The body of Christ is not poison and can never be
Your candidate should learn to respect peoples religion. Its not too much to ask

71 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I’ll Dialogue With IPOB, Other Agitators – Peter Obi by lhordspy: 3:14am On Nov 04, 2022
kk2027:

Is that why Tinubu feels he can call the body of Christ poison?

Lol. It is not tinubu's fault your level of comprehension and ability to assimilate things are very low. Read wide or meet people, the learned who understand what he was driving at perfectly. Meet them and let them explain what he meant to you.

If you get it eventually, you will be ashame of your ignorance.

147 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I’ll Dialogue With IPOB, Other Agitators – Peter Obi by kk2027: 3:15am On Nov 04, 2022
lhordspy:

Lol. It is not tinubu's fault your level of comprehension and ability to assimilate things are very low. Read wide or meet people, the learned who understand what he was driving at perfectly. Meet them and let them explain what he meant to you.

If you get it eventually, you will be ashame of your ignorance.

Nothing funny about disrespecting d body of Christ

59 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I’ll Dialogue With IPOB, Other Agitators – Peter Obi by socialmediaman: 3:17am On Nov 04, 2022
lhordspy:
Lols.

Nobody cares if Borno or Sokoto governors and their deputies are muslims, these states are predominantly muslim.

But everyone cares if you're contesting for the presidency. Tinubu's muslim muslim ticket is callous and Dead on Arrival

106 Likes 14 Shares

Re: I’ll Dialogue With IPOB, Other Agitators – Peter Obi by lhordspy: 3:17am On Nov 04, 2022
kk2027:

Nothing funny about disrespecting d body of Christ

Ok. I am done with you now. Since you are programmed to be repeating same thing.

112 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I’ll Dialogue With IPOB, Other Agitators – Peter Obi by kk2027: 3:19am On Nov 04, 2022
lhordspy:

Ok. I am done with you now. Since you are programmed to be repeating same thing.
Yes the body of Christ is not poison and can never be.
Other people's faith should be respected.

Have a great day

64 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I’ll Dialogue With IPOB, Other Agitators – Peter Obi by lhordspy: 3:21am On Nov 04, 2022
socialmediaman:

Nobody cares if Borno or Sokoto governors and their deputies are muslims, these states are predominantly muslim.

But everyone cares if you're contesting for the presidency. Tinubu's muslim muslim ticket is callous and Dead on Arrival

Is south-west with no Muslim Governor also predominately christian region?

The thing is, your level of tolerance and exposure will always tell with the way you see things, your perspective.

109 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I’ll Dialogue With IPOB, Other Agitators – Peter Obi by kk2027: 3:26am On Nov 04, 2022
socialmediaman:

You dey mind am?
Their candidate thought he's smarter than all past candidates that have always run a balanced ticket shocked plus thequestions around his age, name, healthcertificate,source of wealth etc

Now the reality is dawning on them that money is not everything.

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I’ll Dialogue With IPOB, Other Agitators – Peter Obi by Benwallt(m): 3:29am On Nov 04, 2022
He suddenly woke up because Tinubu scheduled campaign for Mondays in the East. I reserve my comment. One thing I am thankful for is that he can't win even if he contested against himself.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’ll Dialogue With IPOB, Other Agitators – Peter Obi by limeta(f): 3:29am On Nov 04, 2022
[quote author=lhordspy post=118107261]He said he doesnt want people to vote for him because he is Christian?

You see my friends, i wont be voting this man not because i dont like him.but because he is a pretentious catalyst, a divider. A green snake in the green grass. A man should stand by his actions and Tactics. But Obi will rather be pretending up and down as a unifier, while he go about dividing the nation.

This may sounds tribalistic but it is not. I think there is a problem with all south-easterners. They all have this inbuilt hate and envy instigating character. Anywhere or every where they find themselves, hate is always the order of things there.

I mean, we have had hundreds of election across Nigeria since the beginning of democracy, we have never encounter any politics of hate and calmunies like this before. Not till the Igbos decided to get involve.

Those set of hatred filled souls and agent will never rule this country for the betterment of Nigeria.[/b

[b]Yet he has been going from churches to churches instigating the christians against the muslim,

Why lie
You don't need Obi to do that for you
Muslims are doing it themselves
What do you call a Muslim/Muslim ticket

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’ll Dialogue With IPOB, Other Agitators – Peter Obi by lhordspy: 3:34am On Nov 04, 2022
limeta:
why lie

Where is the Lie?

85 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’ll Dialogue With IPOB, Other Agitators – Peter Obi by limeta(f): 3:37am On Nov 04, 2022
lhordspy:

Where is the Lie?

If Islam is so good why not keep it to your selves
What bigger instigator can you get than a Muslim/Muslim tickek

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’ll Dialogue With IPOB, Other Agitators – Peter Obi by Nobody: 3:44am On Nov 04, 2022
Peter should tell that the birds.

Verified intelligence report has it that he is working towards achieving Biafra.

Intercepted communication from IPOB Germany to IPOB Nigeria, confirmed IPOB leader in Germany telling its head of Operations in Nigeria that. "Peter Obi will actualize Biafra and all operations should be suspended until his emergence, if Chukwu Okike Abiama wills"

Peter should tell that to the birds! We already know the plan and delivered communications to power brokers that matters. Why I am so confident that his aspiration is a dream!

Communication will be broadcasted on BBC Hausa and Yoruba when due.

134 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I’ll Dialogue With IPOB, Other Agitators – Peter Obi by greenermodels: 5:08am On Nov 04, 2022
The current agitations and insecurity in the country was caused by Buhari, he unleashed the security forces against Sunday Igbogho and Nnamdi KANU, refused to obey court orders and judgements concerning them because they're protesting the nepotism and tribalism under his regime but he pampers Fulani terrorists causing insecurity all over northern Nigeria to even southern Nigeria. Peter Obi would be a father to the whole nation.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’ll Dialogue With IPOB, Other Agitators – Peter Obi by greenermodels: 5:14am On Nov 04, 2022
lhordspy:
He said he doesnt want people to vote for him because he is Christian?

I mean, we have had hundreds of election across Nigeria since the beginning of democracy, we have never encounter any politics of hate and calmunies like this before. Not till the Igbos decided to get involve.

Those set of hatred filled souls and agent will never rule this country for the betterment of Nigeria.

Peter Obi have also been meeting influential Muslim clerics, no matter what you say, Nigerians knows that Peter Obi is the best candidate for the job.

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I’ll Dialogue With IPOB, Other Agitators – Peter Obi by tungamaje: 6:11am On Nov 04, 2022
Who says this man shouldn't be the next leader? When this man speaks, he always speaks the people's mind. He is the man Nigeria seriously needs to uplift this country

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I’ll Dialogue With IPOB, Other Agitators – Peter Obi by Okwuapkunaonu(m): 6:19am On Nov 04, 2022
Na you we follow my incoming president

19 Likes

Re: I’ll Dialogue With IPOB, Other Agitators – Peter Obi by seunlayi(m): 6:20am On Nov 04, 2022
Liar

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Dialogue With IPOB, Other Agitators – Peter Obi by Africum: 6:20am On Nov 04, 2022
Good

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Peter Obi Backs Shutting Down Of Universities To Enable Students Vote / LP Embarks On Sensitization In Kaduna Community (Photos) / Our President Will Soon Become A Hero

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.