Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,984 members, 7,814,349 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:29 AM

Nnamdi Kanu Discharged And Acquitted - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Kanu Discharged And Acquitted (87300 Views)

Malami: Nnamdi Kanu Discharged, Not Acquitted / Nnamdi Kanu: Discharged And Acquitted (Picture) / Tinubu Acquitted On Technicality For Operating 16 Foreign Accounts (Throwback) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Discharged And Acquitted by effido666: 8:02pm On Oct 13, 2022
Is it Ipob that are killing our armed forces?
undecided
lhordspy:
Ewoo. Waow ..
Actually this news is of no direct business of mine. But.

I just want to use this medium in saying congrate to our igbo nairalanders, after such a hard week of gbas-gbos from agbadorians, choking and painment from all angle.
You deserve the relieve !

The killings of our armed forces and
The monday holidays are all over.

Chidinma is celebrating it for me tonight too. embarassed

Cheers. We celebrate with you, igbos . smiley
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Discharged And Acquitted by Spandau: 8:03pm On Oct 13, 2022
UNDFTD:

Not just heart problems, but they would have heartburn as well.

Like duh!
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Discharged And Acquitted by Nobody: 8:04pm On Oct 13, 2022
ebufa:

You are a complete black baboon........bloody primate may not even have electricity in his shanty abode!

IPOB agitators av deployed smoke screen called OBIDIENTS, U can never win an argument without sounding like a sadist,
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Discharged And Acquitted by Goke7: 8:04pm On Oct 13, 2022
eddie7:
*The Federal Government released Nnamdi Kalu for a Political reason. And the reason is for him to declare "NO ELECTION IN THE SOUTH EAST" for their selfish interest. But it will be a surprise story for them when Nnamdi kalu will remain silence and keep a watch on how the election will go in 2023 Presidential election. Get your PVC ready cause we are getting our country back in 2023

He can't keep silent, Peter obi opponents will see it as endorsement, if he supports obi, that makes it worse, if he opposes obi, yawa don gas be that. Any option is worrisome to Obi and his supporters. Their prayers should be that he remains where he is till after elections. Let the court judgement be on paper for now but that again can raise agitations. The court pronouncement not good for all APC opponents at this time be it pdp or LP
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Discharged And Acquitted by ebufa: 8:04pm On Oct 13, 2022
Bigleaf1006:

Who told you he is being maltreated or starved.....that dude is far better off than most of the people out here making a nuisance of themselves

mr volunteer....go ahead and replace him in DSS custody !!.......anu-ofia!

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Discharged And Acquitted by EvieP(f): 8:05pm On Oct 13, 2022
Mko123 po nu st=117532990:
I hope he learnt his lessons just like the way the one that ran to Benin republic did
Nelson Mandela did not rest.he achieved. �

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Discharged And Acquitted by Igbojew: 8:05pm On Oct 13, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
Smh.
You think you will burn Lagos, acting on his orders and violent rhetorics like Boko Haram ,iswap,late Shekau, your ipob terrorist group will kill and ruin the lives of innocent Nigerians and escape justice?
His victims deserve justice. It is the job of govt to get them justice and give him opportunity to defend himself in court. Any judgement that does not give justice to his victims will be reversed by the courts.
Victims of his violent rhetorics deserve justice
Ewoo see cry and lamentation.By the time Prophet Mazi Nnamdi Kanu(SAW)and IPOB/ESN are done with you zoogeria you people will be begging Prophet Mazi Nnamdi Kanu to leave with his Biafra.One thing is assured,this second coming of Prophet Mazi Nnamdi Kanu will not be a child's play like the first one cos this time UN and Western world are behind him and above all his Igbo people are solidly behind him unlike Yorubas that betrayed Sunday Igboho before he was even arrested..................I am that Igbojew the table shaker

3 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Discharged And Acquitted by Masterclass32: 8:06pm On Oct 13, 2022
goodnessme1:
This hateful miscreant

grin grin

Hopefully, this ends the Monday sit-at-home.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Discharged And Acquitted by Igbojew: 8:12pm On Oct 13, 2022
vivalavida:
OyigboUpdate will die of high BP this night
That one misery have just started hahaha..............I am that Igbojew

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Discharged And Acquitted by Didi2d(m): 8:12pm On Oct 13, 2022
post=117533015:

FOR ALL THE INNOCENT IGBOS that this cownu caused to kill, he will never ever end well in life.
For all the families he caused to cry for their loved ones, their cries will mber depart from his life.
Brutal end awaits Cownu and all his brainwashed cannibals, terrorists and online bastards.
All the people in support of deaths of innocent igbos and other Nigerians will never witness the end of this year.
As long as God lives.

MIRACLE NWOBODO and other innocent igbos killed by cownu and his murderers.
May all your souls Rest in Perfect Peace.
Your blood will surely cry for you in due time.

If you want to be unfortunate and die brutally soon,
Quote this post to type rubbish.

We Rise.

Very sad! I still don't understand this judgement. Mixed feeling I must say
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Discharged And Acquitted by occfx: 8:13pm On Oct 13, 2022
Kasssandra:

No, why do you support Biafra one minute, and then Nigeria the next.

Seriously guy, you Biafranists, most of you, need to either support Biafra or support Nigeria. You can't do both.

I support Nigeria, because we were easily colonised because we were divided. While this contraption ain't perfect...at the very least, it, and all the other contraptions give us a chance to stay united and not be colonised again.

Back to you...support Biafra. Don't support Nigeria. You don't like Nigeria...so be honest and stay Biafra. Don't be a hypocrite.

Well, referendum is a voting process and we need everyone to agree. People like you won't hence we want a reasonable person to be at the top either fix the Nigeria to our standard or give us a chance decide our fate. Remember my advice, don't stay in a bad marriage for too long.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Discharged And Acquitted by ebufa: 8:14pm On Oct 13, 2022
Truthdeypain:

Well I have always been Pan Biafran so long as it is achieved peacefully and democratically via a referendum. I also feel like there is not much love for the country as a whole. Truth is most Nigerians just feel the same way and admit it on a daily basis in their homes and lives. it's is only when they hear IPOB express same sentiments publicly without fear or prejudice that pretend as though they are more righteous or any different (Fear, fake patriotism, slavish mentality who knows?)

Perhaps my position may begin to shift, if I see some restructuring take place in Nigeria, state police etc.. That's why I somehow support Labour, I beleive something may realistically be done about restructuring and shit. The former two parties have had their chances to do sth and they have both deliberately and passively failed to do nothing about it. Yet they still think they can fool us into trusting them again, I beleive we should give Obi a chance.

Still would it be heretic for one to love Nnamdi Kanu and want a new Nigeria as well. Most of the issues being addressed by Nnamdi kanu are real issues that people have started to realize all of a sudden. Most Nigerians will readily dismiss Nnamdi Kanu and his eternal messages because he is IGBO, even when he has clearly been fighting for what can only be described as just and reasonable.

Don't forget that before the Nnamdi Kanu of Biafra there was the Nnamdi Kanu of Restructuring. The only true solution to this IPOP matter should be a real one. It will never go away if the fundamental issues are not treated and by that I still insist that while we want a better country there should be a referendum so that people will be able to clear all given doubts on the BIAFRAN and indeed other successionist issues once and for all.

Nigeria has never been a nation, it's just a sad, painful truth, all the people I have seen who claim they love Nigeria are mostly liars they have a twisted and hypocritical understanding of the words love and patriotism, to them patriotism is opposing IPOB and it's elements whereas they express the same things they themselves complain and moan about in their bedrooms. Most are even the most tribalistic human beings.

BiAFRA or CONFEDERATION is the answer.

You hit the nail on the head wella!! God Bless youi!! there is something in the Negro that is hard to define but other races can smell it from a million miles away! The lack of self conviction or is it low self esteem or lack of conscience....its hard to define what ails the Negro but it has dogged his steps like an anchor holding down a mighty ship!

The mumus that call themselves Nigerians will not curse out the fulanis making their lives a misery but they will open their ewedu filled mouths to call ESN operatives pigs,,,,,go figure! only Yah himself can free the Negro !! tufiakwa!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Discharged And Acquitted by Zeezenho: 8:15pm On Oct 13, 2022
stanisbaratheon:
So upon all the charges the DSS have being amending and reamending they got no case gainst this man.

This is so embarrassing to the Nigerian security outfit without intelligence.

Trial and error prosecution.

Kanu said they are not educated enough to jail him.thats true

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Discharged And Acquitted by Igbojew: 8:15pm On Oct 13, 2022
broadman20:

From rusting in prison to this your useless statement even when you don't live close to the east.

One thing I love about you people from the west is that you always have a way of comforting yourself after lying to yourselves.

Please stay away from sniper o!
Hahaha my friend please take jt easy with the way you give it to him woto woto before he died on your hand.I have never seen tribe as evil,wicket and hateful as that tribe from falling demon and brown roof region.They always have a way to console themselves when things did not go their way................I am that Igbojew

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Discharged And Acquitted by Truthdeypain: 8:16pm On Oct 13, 2022
Kasssandra:

No, why do you support Biafra one minute, and then Nigeria the next.

Seriously guy, you Biafranists, most of you, need to either support Biafra or support Nigeria. You can't do both.

I support Nigeria, because we were easily colonised because we were divided. While this contraption ain't perfect...at the very least, it, and all the other contraptions give us a chance to stay united and not be colonised again.

Back to you...support Biafra. Don't support Nigeria. You don't like Nigeria...so be honest and stay Biafra. Don't be a hypocrite.

4 apt question for you.

Does the bolded still represent the present reality or not, or do you believe that Nigeria is ever more united now than it ever was?

Do you honestly believe in Nigerian constitution and all that, do your really think Nigeria is still not under the control of the Brits (at least oil wise).

Would your position have been any different if you have lost family members in FULANI HERDSMEN killing, where not one single person has ever been persecuted.

Are you really honest when you say you love Nigeria or don't your think you are the actual hypocrite?
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Discharged And Acquitted by BABANGBALI: 8:17pm On Oct 13, 2022
Kanu 1-0 Buhari
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Discharged And Acquitted by Zeezenho: 8:18pm On Oct 13, 2022
Nigeria is not educated enough to jail kanu.thats just the simple truth. Malami quota system lawyer abi na him afonja associates that did islamic law in the university that will jail him.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Discharged And Acquitted by Caseywilliams(m): 8:19pm On Oct 13, 2022
fergie001:

@Barr Ifeanyi Ejiofor (one of the counsels to Nnamdi Kanu)

Bare Ifeanyi Ejiofor

[url=https://www.bbc.com/pidgin/tori-63245718?at_custom3=BBC+News+Pidgin&at_custom4=E3676F1E-4B15-11ED-AB51-F7FE923C408C&at_custom2=facebook_page&at_medium=custom7&at_campaign=64&at_custom1=%5Bpost+type%5D]SOURCE [/url]

On April 8, Justice Binta Nyako of the Federal High Court in Abuja, ruling on Kanu’s application struck out Counts 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 and 14 on the premise that the prosecution did not prove any offence by the defendant.

The Judge, however, acknowledged that counts 1, 3, 4, 5, 13, and 15 showed some allegations against the IPOB leader, saying the trial of the defendant would proceed on those counts.

The suit with Appeal No: CA/ABJ/CR/ 625/2022 challenging the remaining seven-count charges against Kanu was entered by his counsel, Mike Ozekhome SAN urging the Court to quash the remaining charges.

The panel led by Justice Jummai Hannatu Sankey JCA reserved judgement until today.

Sustained Charges from the FHC, Abuja

Count 1

The prosecution alleged that Mr Kanu, of Afara Ukwu, Umuahia North Local Government Area of Abia State, as a member of and leader of proscribed IPOB sometimes in September 2021, committed an act of terrorism against Nigeria and its people by allegedly making a broadcast received and heard in Nigeria with intent to intimidate the population, threatened that the people would die and that the whole world would standstill. The offence is said to be punishable under section 1(2)(b) of the Terrorism Prevention Amendment Act 2015.

Count 3
The prosecution also alleged that “on diverse dates” between 2018 and 2021 within the jurisdiction of this court, Mr Kanu professed himself to be a member and leader of IPOB, a proscribed organisation in Nigeria.

This, the prosecution said was an offence contrary to and punishments under section 16 of the Terrorism Prevision Amendment Act 2015.

Count 4
M Kanu also, allegedly, on diverse dates between 2018 and 2021, made a broadcast received and heard in Nigeria inciting members of the public in Nigeria in furtherance of an act of terrorism against Nigeria and its people to hunt and kill Nigerian security personnel.

The offence, according to the prosecution, is punishable under section 1(2)(h) of the Terrorism Prevention Amendment Act 2013.

Count 5
Mr Kanu, also on diverse dates between 2018 and 2021, allegedly broadcasted furtherance of an act of terrorism against Nigeria and its people, received and heard in Nigeria in furtherance of an act of terrorism, inciting members of the public in Nigeria a to hunt and kill families of Nigeria security personnel.

The offence is said to be punishable under 1(2)(h) of the Terrorism Prevention Amendment Act 2013.

Count 13
Mr Kanu also allegedly between 2018 and 2021 made a broadcast received and heard in Nigeria with intent to incite violence, in furtherance of an act of terrorism against Nigeria and its people, directed members of the public to burn down every federal facility in Lagos resulting in major economic loss to the federal government.

The alleged offences, the prosecution says, are punishable under section 1(2) of the Terrorism (Prevention) Amendment) Act 2013.

Court 15
The prosecution also alleged that on diverse dates between March and April 2015 Mr Kanu was illegally imported into Nigeria and kept in Ubulisluzor in Ihiala Local Government Area of Anambra State, a radio transmitter known as Tram 50L concealed in a container of used household items which he declared as used household items.

The alleged offence was said to be contrary to section 47(2)(a) of Criminal Code Act CapC45 Laws of the Federation of Nigeria 2004.

But in the appeal signed by lead counsel Mike Ozekhome SAN, Kanu prayed the Court of Appeal in Abuja to dismiss the remaining charges against him and discharge him.

Grounds on Appeal:

1. “The Learned Trial Judge erred in law when he failed to consider, make finding of facts and accordingly pronounce on issue one raised for the trial Court’s determination, relating to the extraordinary rendition of the Appellant, and thereby occasioned a miscarriage of justice.”

2. The learned trial Judge erred in Law, when he held that “the defendant is being charged under Section 1(2) of the Terrorism Act, which has been reproduced above, any offence alleged to have been committed “within” or “outside” Nigeria can be brought under the Act”, thereby occasioning a miscarriage of justice”.

3. The learned trial Judge erred in law, when he held that although the status of the Indigenous People of Biafra as a proscribed organization is a subject matter before the Court of Appeal, but as long as the appeal has not been determined, the order of Court proscribing is still in force until set aside, and thereby occasioning a miscarriage of justice.

4. The learned trial Judge erred in law when in the exercise of the powers conferred on him by Section 216(4) of the Administration of Criminal Justice Act, 2015, suo motu amended count 15 of the charge, which is founded on an allegation of importation of a radio transmitter in Ubulu -Isiuzor in Ihiala Local Government Area of Anambra State, and proceeded to assume jurisdiction over offences allegedly committed outside its territorial jurisdiction, and thereby occasioned a miscarriage of justice.

5. The learned trial Judge erred in law when he held that trials before the Federal High Court are summary, and consequently ruled that counts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8 and 15 show some semblance of allegation of an offence on which the Court can proceed to trial, and thereby occasioned a miscarriage of justice.

The sought reliefs read;

1. AN ORDER OF THIS HONOURABLE COURT ALLOWING THE APPEAL AND SETTING ASIDE IN ITS ENTIRETY, THE RULING/FINAL DECISION OF THE LEARNED TRIAL COURT, RETAINING COUNTS 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8 AND 15 OF THE AMENDED CHARGE.

2. AN ORDER OF THIS HONOURABLE COURT UPON GRANTING RELIEF A ABOVE, DISMISSING THE REMAINING COUNTS 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8 AND 15 AND, ACCORDINGLY DISCHARGING THE APPELLANT ON THOSE COUNTS.

3. AN ORDER OF THIS HONOURABLE COURT TERMINATING THE ENTIRE CHARGE AND DISCHARGING THE APPELLANT.

4. AND FOR SUCH FURTHER ORDER OR ORDERS AS THE HONOURABLE COURT MAY DEEM FIT TO MAKE IN THE CIRCUMSTANCES OF THIS APPEAL.

Appeal allowed.

We all saw this coming....... grin grin grin

Whatever the future holds, we ain't śÇÂŘed to take it by the horn.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Discharged And Acquitted by YorobaPIGS: 8:19pm On Oct 13, 2022
shortIGBOman:
Fake and Aba made news. FG will never release Nnamdi Kanu.
this foolish abokkki malu is in pains

otolo gbagbuo gi

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Discharged And Acquitted by Igbojew: 8:20pm On Oct 13, 2022
rollandben:
But Buhari's government and Nigeria Government in general doesn't have respecpet to court order naw. Let's see if justice have started working in Nigeria!
Oh you think Buhari and APC government have choice not to release him.If Buhari and APC government refused to release him trust me UN and International Community will deal with them and Nigeria...............I am that Igbojew

3 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Discharged And Acquitted by Zeezenho: 8:23pm On Oct 13, 2022
Nucchi22:
Released so that he will cause problems in the south east and whittle down the support and votes for Peter obi . The fulani federal government at work. Very soon the trigger happy NA in south east will suddenly become docile allowing MNK to cause enough disaffection amongst the igbos , put fear into them about coming out for election. meanwhile MNK will become the most hated igboman on earth if he dares tryj to quench in anyway the massive support the whole SE, SS, &SW have for PO. The next thing his usefulness to the cabal will be over and his subsequent gulloitine without anybody giving a hooth. That's KILLING TWO BIRDS WITH ONE STONE. BRAVO FG, your timing is near perfect but dead on arrival, We obidients will never stop believing and trooping out enmasse come feb 2023 to vote the peoples choice--PETER OBI

Chill bro Mazi won his case convincingly the Nigeria judiciary is not educated enough to jail him . Mazi that I know can't commit any blonder when freed.

3 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Discharged And Acquitted by preciousmetals: 8:25pm On Oct 13, 2022
Mumu there is nothing like appeal in supreme court, judgement is final
Ezewuzie01:
The DSS has the option of appeal to the Supreme Court. Till the Supreme Court rules, Kanu will remain in DSS dungeon.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Discharged And Acquitted by Nobody: 8:27pm On Oct 13, 2022
Will fg obey the judiciary?

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Discharged And Acquitted by Snapchat: 8:29pm On Oct 13, 2022
Truthdeypain:

Actually you are an Agbadorian. Don't be silly!

Your family at home are silly. We Ibos don’t belong to the zoo, it’s Biafra or nothing!!
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Discharged And Acquitted by Prince001(m): 8:35pm On Oct 13, 2022
Mko123:
I hope he learnt his lessons just like the way the one that ran to Benin republic did

Which lesson ooo? Yoruba Nation, Biafra republic no going back!!!!!!
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Discharged And Acquitted by Youoareofoolish: 8:35pm On Oct 13, 2022
Mko123:

Fuucck you and Bleep off. Which lesson?
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Discharged And Acquitted by Lee213: 8:36pm On Oct 13, 2022
What is FG up to, I smell fowl play
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Discharged And Acquitted by kologba: 8:39pm On Oct 13, 2022
[/sup][sup]who will release him
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Discharged And Acquitted by pachigo001(m): 8:40pm On Oct 13, 2022
More pressing for agbado urchins grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Discharged And Acquitted by osidion2020(m): 8:40pm On Oct 13, 2022
Go and hide you ugly face in shame.
Mrshocker:
The game Dey sweet me.
Cownu have negotiated his freedom.
Nigeria Politics is beyond children shouting Obituarist

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

IPOB Invades, Burns Joe Igbokwe's House In Anambra, Caught On CCTV (Video) / See What Some Nigerians Are Claiming They Saw After Buhari Was Announced Winner / Boko Haram Executes Hauwa Liman, An Aid Worker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.