Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,608 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:58 AM

Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? (70062 Views)

Is Traveling (japa) Truly An Achievement / How Safe Is Traveling By Road At Night From Lagos To Abuja / Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by benqo01(m): 7:21pm On Nov 05, 2022
If Nigeria was good enough Our politicians won't be having properties outside the shore of this country,they know it is worth it,then who am I on the street shying away from that?

They send their children abroad for schooling who am I not to?

They go to abroad for medical checkup when they have headache tell me who am i not to?

Truth is we lack the basic Amenities to keep us up and running.....i tell u it is not easy living here if you gat money its a different ball game entirely.

US citizens hardly travel cos their country is very okay,their politicians don't come here to store Thier money or buy properties.

If Nigeria was to be very okay, majority of nigerians won't be traveling out of the country.

6 Likes

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Alaga2222(m): 7:23pm On Nov 05, 2022
Primusinterpares:
Please explain. How is traveling an investment?
Imagine legitimately investing 15million here in 9ja. If we'll managed that could grow to something Huge in the nearest future.

Nah lie ooo.... a lot of companies has folded up here in Nigeria, Imagine an hotel I know, till date the owner of the hotel is still regretting why he invested his money in Nigeria... Boss no where like Outside Countries

2 Likes

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by tunapawizzy: 7:23pm On Nov 05, 2022
Munamoqel:
Nigeria is a very strange Nation .this year I made around 7m from been insurance agent . It started from a oil and gas firm that wanted to do GIT insurance and the owner contacted me ! I contacted some insurance firm I was familiar with and they agree to take underwrite the policy .I jokely ask if they are paying me commission .they said yes . a large insurance firm agree 15 percent .second 10 .na so e happy . 2 week later several oil and gas logistics firm contacted me via referrals from the first . Baam I have done 13 firm counting . It yearly and renewable and my commission will paid yearly too . This is Nigeria a land of migical opportunities . This just a side unplanned business . Don't let any body tell you it nearing collapse . Those Indians and Chinese will not be here .
1. how many people are this lucky in Nigeria, only u dun corner 13 companies and possibly more in future. the point is that opportunities are scarce in Nigeria

2. Even If u make 20m a year in Nigeria currently and u want to send just 1 child to a University abroad......lets say u are lucky u see cheap school and tuition is not more than 15k per year(that's more than 50% of your whole income)....that's assuming your child will live in the sky and be eating grace of God.
You may want to say why should you send your kids abroad, well you dont want ur kids competing for what is scarce with the offsprings of Atiku, elrufai, Tinubus and co

1 Like

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by viodemus: 7:23pm On Nov 05, 2022
It is, depending on where you go.

America

Pros- ultimate destination. Your connection net go wide well well. Your knowledge go increase exponentially, your ability to go other places go easy,

Cons - e hard like everywhere else, one crime fit mess you up for years, street violence is very real and under reported,

UK and Canada and Australia

Pros - almost like America but a little less capacity

Cons - smaller cities than America and crowded because of size...

Middle east
Very wicked without empathy. But good money compared to Nigeria. Education or training is mediocre compared to Europe or America

Africa
Just like Nigeria, maybe a little more disciplined, more principled, less criminals than Nigeria. They still have some mumu mumu policies and cultures like Nigeria.

Asia, india, latin America are a mixture of the rest. Like Chile, is nice.

2 Likes

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Akangbedfacts: 7:25pm On Nov 05, 2022
Many people don't follow international trend. Do u think outside country is smooth and fine at the moment? How can I have above 40m and yet I will relocate outside Nigeria. That is madness. I can turn it round far better here.
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by CountVersailles(f): 7:25pm On Nov 05, 2022
Gerrard59:

People who don't understand simple economics and are not prepared to practice delayed gratification will complain about the bold. Then again, if it was so easy to build wealth in Nigeria, the country would not be the world's poverty capital that she is presently.
I feel like giving you the biggest hug for this point. You could not have said it any better, but knowing Nigerians, they won't as much as see the wealth of truth in this post.
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Mummyimbecile(m): 7:28pm On Nov 05, 2022
I can tell you categorically without any fear of contradiction that travelling abroad is worth it.

When you travel abroad, you will understand me well. Great standard of living amongst other things.
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by ariesbull: 7:29pm On Nov 05, 2022
Kunleayo:

Let me ask you a sincere question. The Nigerians you know living like rat, what was their status in the country to start with.

If they don't have a legal status, you will always see them living like that.

For those that have legal status, truth me as Nigerians we earn well and we live a better life even better that of the so called Caucasians.
create a business there start paying people wages then I can have a decent conversation with you... I engage employers of Labour please sir

1 Like

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Tunjibalogun: 7:29pm On Nov 05, 2022
Bksense:

How is Nigeria nearing it's ruin to be honest? Gun violence and kidnapping happen in USA everyday. But you won't talk about that due to White worshipping..but you people wish bad things happen to Nigeria and her people everyday so you'll be able to justify your Japa and tell them "we warned you". Why can't you people Just accept the fact that not everyone want to come And live a lonely and boring life abroad Just because of 24hrs light which you pay for with your nose anyways , and McDonald Job of $1500 per month. The money you earn over there doesn't even find you that boost until you convert it to naira in your head just to validate yourself and say ",I'm earning more than a professor in Nigeria". This is a trend I see Among you people.

And you can call me broke because I live in Nigeria. Since you can't even know whether I'm more satisfied and contented with my life or not

Thanks
You got it right. It is a psychological thing. They wish bad thing to happen to Nigeria to justify their japa

1 Like

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by ariesbull: 7:29pm On Nov 05, 2022
Mummyimbecile:
I can tell you categorically without any fear of contradiction that travelling abroad is worth it.

When you travel abroad, you will understand me well. Great standard of living amongst other things.
no be humans like you create am black man
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by sylve11: 7:30pm On Nov 05, 2022
Munamoqel:
in Najia the minimum wage is around 40 k /160 hr work that 250 k per hour .barbing na 500h that equal to 2 hours work same service

You dey pay Barber 5h. I hope you see the reasons why the Barbers in your street are planning to run away.

Why not open a barbing salon yourself? undecided cool

1 Like

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by InvertedHammer: 7:31pm On Nov 05, 2022
Primusinterpares:
So lately I have seen friends, families, colleagues at work, church members relocating abroad.
These people are "doing well" here in Nigeria.
Many of them resign from their high paying jobs, sells their properties and put up to like 25 - 40 million naira to relocate a family of say 5.
Is it really worth it?
Can't we make a good living here in Nigeria especially people with a good job here?
I need clarifications from those that have gone to enlighten me.

/

Nigeria is not fit for human habitation.

Any rational being should leave the place for morons so that they can put the last nail on the coffin.

Once you leave Nigeria, you will see what is really life. People only exist in Nigeria.

/

1 Like

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Mummyimbecile(m): 7:31pm On Nov 05, 2022
ariesbull:
no be humans like you create am black man
bro, our leaders no wan fix the country, so we gats JAPA...i don't for a second regret leaving the country!
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by ariesbull: 7:31pm On Nov 05, 2022
Bksense:

How is Nigeria nearing it's ruin to be honest? Gun violence and kidnapping happen in USA everyday. But you won't talk about that due to White worshipping..but you people wish bad things happen to Nigeria and her people everyday so you'll be able to justify your Japa and tell them "we warned you". Why can't you people Just accept the fact that not everyone want to come And live a lonely and boring life abroad Just because of 24hrs light which you pay for with your nose anyways , and McDonald Job of $1500 per month. The money you earn over there doesn't even find you that boost until you convert it to naira in your head just to validate yourself and say ",I'm earning more than a professor in Nigeria". This is a trend I see Among you people.

And you can call me broke because I live in Nigeria. Since you can't even know whether I'm more satisfied and contented with my life or not
Thanks

Majority of these guys are bleeped in the brain... Inferiority complex dey worry them....

They should be ashamed that they are enjoying what others build on USA and Europe only to mess it up with their criminal tendencies
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Talentempire: 7:32pm On Nov 05, 2022
Many are leaving cos of insecurity

1 Like

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Feggie3: 7:32pm On Nov 05, 2022
Bksense:

Thanks
You are just like a one eyed king in the Kingdom of the blind. Come here and see things you can never see in your life if you don't leave Nigeria. It will take Nigeria 2000 years before they can achieve this feat. If at all, they will ever achieve it
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by ariesbull: 7:34pm On Nov 05, 2022
Mummyimbecile:
bro, our leaders no wan fix the country, so we gats JAPA...i don't for a second regret leaving the country!
then make your leaders fix it... I have travelled and I know that it is not worth it...

The lonliness
The loss of Children to culture
The hand to mouth lives
The racism

Oga una no dey shame say una dey a place wey humans like una build... Make una dey shame small small naaa

Upon that una bongo still make the money... The last time I checked the rich boys in Nigeria aren't abroad based and they are doing legit business here not washing some dead bodies, plates and security jobs and old folks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by tunapawizzy: 7:35pm On Nov 05, 2022
ayandee:
yes but they are out of reach. The likes of Grange, British International School are not for the average household even with a household income of N1million per month.

The public schools here are comparable to Grange and the likes and those public schools will even beat them hands down in many aspects.
Household income of 1m a month will seriously struggle if u have to send 2 kinds to the likes of Grange
People dont understand so many things.....if u can afford it or struggle to afford it(smiles) and u dont give ur child that leverage of positioning them abroad, u will regret it when kids not half as smart as your are getting jobs in google, paypal and ur smarter child is struggling with first bank because Atiku's kids have taken over CBN NNPC and the rest.

3 Likes

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Mindlog: 7:35pm On Nov 05, 2022
ariesbull:
so how many clinics do you have or are you busy earning per hour... Is your purpose in life to earn per house been paid by others to you...

I pay others and that is my purpose... I have been to abroad and I know Nigerians are living rat race

In as much you exhibit low cognitive ability, you can as well ask a medical doctor working in Mayo Clinic in the US, how many clinics he or she owns or a Vice-chancellor how many universities he/she owns.

I don't know you neither do you know me, so how does your paying others be any of my business? What is wrong in one's productivity be rated hourly, in terms of remuneration?

That you have been to abroad and know Nigerians living rat race, how does that connect to me?

I don't demean anyone of any nationality whose livelihood is tied to minimum wage or even less, in any part of the world as that is their reality even though I work only 4 days a week.

3 Likes

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Karlovych: 7:35pm On Nov 05, 2022
sylve11:

He tells lies more than the devil itself. sad cool
He is busy trying to console himself, he tried several times to emigrate but failed now he is hating on people that have successfully done that and are doing well.

If he claims he is making all that much what is he doing in the travel section, there are a lot of top-tier guys in Medicine and Tech leaving on a daily basis due to better working conditions yet his idea of someone traveling is through Mediterranean on a boat without proper documentation.
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by TempleHouse: 7:35pm On Nov 05, 2022
uvie66:
.....and I may add you can sleep with your two eyes closed.
YES, I CAN SLEEP WITH MY TWO EYES CLOSED IN IBADAN AT AKALA ESTATE ANYTIME

NO SHAKING !

I AM DOING WELL THAN MY COLLEAGUES WHO LEFT FEW YEARS AGO AND I PITY
SOME WHEN I WENT ON HOLIDAY IN UK

OVER 90% OF THE STUDENT'S WORKS IN CARE HOMES EVEN MY FORMER SENIOR COLLEAGUES IN THE BANK!

I CAN ALSO AFFORD MY KIDS TO TRAVEL ABROAD LATER IN THE FUTURE IF THEY CHOOSE TO.

WE CANNOT ALL RUSH OUT BECAUSE ALL IS NOT WELL.

ENJOY YOUR UK PROMO AND TO SELL YOUR HARD-EARNED PROPERTY TO BEGIN ANOTHER SLAVE TRADE IS WHAT BAFFLED ME

PEOPLE SHOULD KNOW THAT WE CANNOT ALL BE PROSPEROUS MOVING ABROAD

WHAT IS THE ESSENCE OF LIFE IF YOU CANNOT DO SOMETHING THAT MAKES YOU HAPPY

ITS YOUR CHOICE !!!

2 Likes

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Tunjibalogun: 7:36pm On Nov 05, 2022
Munamoqel:
also add the number of gun deaths in America within the months ?all die na die .but as slave worshipping negros they prefer to die in Mass shooting in America than been kidnapped in Nigeria . They phsycologically feel the mass shooting death is more prestigious!
Lol, some people still have their chains on
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by ariesbull: 7:37pm On Nov 05, 2022
Feggie3:
You are just like a one eyed king in the Kingdom of the blind. Come here and see things you can never see in your life if you don't leave Nigeria. It will take Nigeria 2000 years before they can achieve this feat. If at all, they will ever achieve it

You will not appreciate this two eyed servant.... Till you get to 70 when you will be lonely in USA and UK and maybe in one old people homes that your kids will dump you.. You will yarn to come home but Shane no go let you.. Yoie kids no go let you, you might noy be able to afford it... Even if you can, your kids will not come back with you and your friends have left you and gone far in life...

That is when depression sets in...

Remember this... I have seen it happen. I lost a returnee due to depression the kids abandoned him and the wife didn't come home... He was buried in body bags

2 Likes

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by ariesbull: 7:38pm On Nov 05, 2022
Tunjibalogun:

Lol, some people still have their chains on
the blackman is funny... They sell. Themselves to slavery, racism and lost of their children culture

1 Like

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by ariesbull: 7:39pm On Nov 05, 2022
TempleHouse:

YES, I CAN SLEEP WITH MY TWO EYES CLOSED IN IBADAN AT AKALA ESTATE ANYTIME

NO SHAKING !

YOU CAN WASH YOUR NAPPY AND DEMENTIA YANSH TIRE !

I CAN ALSO AFFORD MY KIDS TO TRAVEL ABROAD LATER IN THE FUTURE.

WE CANNOT ALL RUSH OUT BECAUSE ALL IS NOT WELL.

ENJOY YOUR UK PROMO AND SELL YOUR HARD-EARNED PROPERTY TO BEGIN ANOTHER SLAVE TRADE

ITS YOUR CHOICE
I dey for Ikeja dey drink beer with my suya nicely and I am not seeing some black American doing drive bys or a running from Immigrations
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by clovislouis(m): 7:39pm On Nov 05, 2022
atutupoyoyo2211:
But i don't need those things my dad had. I can buy it myself because i am paid well, that's the point. And i teach Cybersecurity. But, not withstanding. I want to work here till i am 40 and spend more time in Nigeria. I was not suffering when i left Nigeria, i used to work with Shell. But i left because of much more than money. Right now, i am a Canadian Citizen, my baby is a Canadian citizen and my wife would become a citizen by the end of this year. Canada is boring, no doubt. But you can come here, grow your finances, get better education and go back home if you want.
pls frnd I really need help am btech information technology holder, yet I am jobless. pls at this point I can't even frnd my self if ur mind touches you help, I believe u will
first bank 3129291203
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Omekest: 7:39pm On Nov 05, 2022
Karlovych:
From looking for UK student visa, to looking for Ireland study visa, to inquiring for your "daughter" about UK or Ireland admission, to opening threads about those suffering abroad and now you have already made 7 million naira this year as an Insurance agent, and making 13 million in Oil and Gas, tomorrow you will land on the moon
Rotfl
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by ariesbull: 7:40pm On Nov 05, 2022
Mindlog:

In as much you exhibit low cognitive ability, you can as well ask a medical doctor working in Mayo Clinic in the US, how many clinics he or she owns or a Vice-chancellor how many universities he/she owns.

I don't know you neither do you know me, so how does your paying others be any of my business? What is wrong in one's productivity be rated hourly, in terms of remuneration?

That you have been to abroad and know Nigerians living rat race, how does that connect to me?

I don't demean anyone of any nationality whose livelihood is tied to minimum wage or even less, in any part of the world as that is their reality even though I work only 4 days a week.
we have been there... Dude when you start paying folks hourly come let's talk... I dolt talk to hourly earning folks...
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by BennyDGreat: 7:41pm On Nov 05, 2022
grandstar:

Oga, calm dowm

Different strokes for different folks.

I was never one to think of fleeing but when you can't even make a $20 payment with your debit card, you know there's a problem. Last year, I could not start an online business that could be getting eating me about $10,000 monthly because our cards were no longer compatible with PayPal..

Recently,i wanted to make a series of payments online for a business that would be generating me millions online but proved abortive. It was simply because I had no means to make a $75 paymemt online. This is a microcosm of why people are fleeing. If you can't even undertake the simplest of economic activity, how muchore bigger things.

The Naira is 840.i changes an d dollar bill on Thursday for 80, 000. If it was new, it would have been 83,000. The free fall of the Naira when the price is quite shows the level of economic incompetence of Buhari and Emefiele.

Apart from the economy, the level of kidnapping by Fulani is scary and they are very cruel. I am to travel to Ondo soon from Lagos and I am very worried.

I can recommend someone who makes online payment sha. He's got a name to protect
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by SpyChild: 7:42pm On Nov 05, 2022
ogbonti:

15 million dollars ? which tree you won pluck the money from? you smoke sh iii tt?

99% of Americans will never see $1 million of their own money cash in their lifetime na him you yeye immigrant with kokoyam naija accent won come make $15 million ? are u alright ?

you think say PDP and APC embezzlement dey exist for abroad ? or you think say na as ona dey see 15 million naira wey ona no work for in Nigeria, you think say na so we dey see 15 million $$$ ?

Make I clear you sharperly, 90% of Nigerians here in America- even those doing legit work - even medical doctors and scientists, IT pros all that regardless of wether they live in New York or California where wages are high, most of them don’t have $50,000 saved in a year

Am talking about professionals oooo with experienced working hard

The average worker in America will be glad to have $10,000 saved for the year

Most travel most people do coming to naija, na credit card ooo no let nobody deceive u

Good luck to you

Bro you lie! Depending on the IT job, of which most with the right certification and skill are 6 figure jobs.
People do two of those jobs and take in like 250k annually.
Stop being delusional, what is 50k in savings! When I was doing menial job like delivery and Uber, I had that lol
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by ariesbull: 7:42pm On Nov 05, 2022
Karlovych:
He is busy trying to console himself, he tried several times to emigrate but failed now he is hating on people that have successfully done that and are doing well.

If he claims he is making all that much what is he doing in the travel section, there are a lot of top-tier guys in Medicine and Tech leaving on a daily basis due to better working conditions yet his idea of someone traveling is through Mediterranean on a boat without proper documentation.
some of us if you see our passport you go trip... Na business we dey go do... We son pass that rat race una dey so there

Tufiakwa

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (43) (Reply)

The Japanese Passport Is Now The Most Powerful Passport On Earth! / Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany / The Interchange Julius Beger Is Constructing In Obosi, Anambra (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.