Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,997 members, 7,814,408 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? (70105 Views)

Is Traveling (japa) Truly An Achievement / How Safe Is Traveling By Road At Night From Lagos To Abuja / Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by PoliteActivist: 6:46pm On Nov 05, 2022
olalekan9320:
Not everyone abroad is living in US oga. Personally, I can't leave Nigeria and go to to US.

So how come all these people are dying to get into us. And how come all the Nigerians there I never hear any killed in mass shooting
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by ariesbull: 6:46pm On Nov 05, 2022
Primusinterpares:
So lately I have seen friends, families, colleagues at work, church members relocating abroad.
These people are "doing well" here in Nigeria.
Many of them resign from their high paying jobs, sells their properties and put up to like 25 - 40 million naira to relocate a family of say 5.
Is it really worth it?
Can't we make a good living here in Nigeria especially people with a good job here?
I need clarifications from those that have gone to enlighten me.
define stupidity...

Stupidity is selling your properties and raising over 12 million to travel abroad to do what you aren't sure of... Do not tell us that you want a safer environment... We have gangs in UK, USA and kids are killed daily and kidnapped

While the Nigerians R travelling Asians are tripping here to make money...

Before it was whites that came to buy Africans as slaves

Today it is Africans that are selling themselves as slaves

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by ariesbull: 6:47pm On Nov 05, 2022
Mindlog:
I relocated in 2013 and not regretting it, especially considering Nigeria's present situation.
are you now richer Than INNOSON, AIRPEACE, JIM OVIA OR SLOT

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Treadway: 6:49pm On Nov 05, 2022
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by uvie66: 6:49pm On Nov 05, 2022
Primusinterpares:
Please explain. How is traveling an investment?
Imagine legitimately investing 15million here in 9ja. If we'll managed that could grow to something Huge in the nearest future.
.... Yes the investment will grow but it won't buy you security or good roads.
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by coputa(m): 6:51pm On Nov 05, 2022
Emefiele,the CBN governor is killing the economy.He pegged the dollar officially @450,and our legislatures and government officials buys and give to the mallams/Aboki to sell at a much higher price.This attitude is killing the Nigeria economy.This has lead to inflation and the continuous depreciation of the naira.

1 Like

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by uvie66: 6:52pm On Nov 05, 2022
Munamoqel:
HiThis a banker dairy .Now washing dead bodies . You call it progress !Hi diary,
I have become lazy to type. Little update about what's happening

For the first time in my life, I touched a dead person. I don't even know how I feel but I think I was a bit scared.

I am currently on a night shift in a hospice, that's end of life people. Had checked up on this man around 1 and he was still breathing and 30 minutes later he was gone.

He needed to be washed, dressed and made presentable. He was warm and felt like he was still sleeping. Just that this time, it looked like a deep sleep. The nurse asked if I was alright doing it. I sha tried by best to hide any of my feelings. Omoh! Things I have seen and experienced in this UK journey.

I just wish I can stop this care assistant job permanently but it seems I will still be stuck
... what do you expect working in a hospice.... sitting in front of a computer and pressing keyboard!!¡!!!!¡
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by ariesbull: 6:52pm On Nov 05, 2022
Munamoqel:
a good hair cut is 500 naira . paparazzi salon 1k plus lot of hair treatment . You husband will not be cutting his hair himself in Najia his one Najia better pass Canada. But unna get Good school and cheap cars .but bad weather and pako houses ,tonardoes , lonely
ask her if her husband can buy a car cash! I na gbese life... Even to buy boxers
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by mmsen: 6:52pm On Nov 05, 2022
Creamcrest:

Sharrap, Nigeria is not nearing collapse,it's still one of the best countries on earth.

Nigerians in Canada and America are even complaining of not being able to build wealth.

Shootings and gun violence also happens in America and Canada.

Some Nigerians here have 24hrs power using inverters and solar.

Most Nigerians can easily build their houses while you niggas in canada and US will be paying for mortgages for several years.

These people are not being honest at all.

I talk to Canadians all the time and for the past 10 years they've all been crying about how much more expensive life has become, especially housing. It's the same in the States over the past 5 years. But talk to Nigerians who haven't been anywhere and they'll tell you how they want to run to Canada.

2 Likes

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by uvie66: 6:53pm On Nov 05, 2022
ayandee:

For haircuts, you can do it yourself. My husband does his and the kids. He does a good job of it.

Yes, it's pako house but beautifully designed with basic furnishing. That's the only housing that suits the weather.
.....and I may add you can sleep with your two eyes closed.

1 Like

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Kunleayo: 6:54pm On Nov 05, 2022
Creamcrest:

Sharrap, Nigeria is not nearing collapse,it's still one of the best countries on earth.

Nigerians in Canada and America are even complaining of not being able to build wealth.

Shootings and gun violence also happens in America and Canada.

Some Nigerians here have 24hrs power using inverters and solar.

Most Nigerians can easily build their houses while you niggas in canada and US will be paying for mortgages for several years.

Just so you know, everything you said is completely false and so not true about America and Canada. The same way you have terror attacks in America and Canada is the same way Nigeria is battling with terror attacks.

I'm not sure if you have any Financial understanding of how mortgage works. Mortgage is an asset and as long as you have it, it can be considered as a lifetime investment period.

You said "some Nigerians have 24hrs power supply". Unfortunately for you, Nigeria has made your thinking myopic, everyone deserves 24hrs power supply and not some. Basic necessities are available, standard of living is also better, good healthcare and people tend to live longer.

For clarity sake, I had a well paying 6 figures job in Nigeria and had no reason to relocate. I got an opportunity to move and give my kids/family a better life and I took it. The rest is story now, I'm glad I made that life changing decision. When I left Nigeria $ was #195, today's rate is nothing to right home. The currency has lost its value completely.

If that is the country you want to associate yourself with, more grease to your elbow. I wish you good luck, as for me "Peace Out" Canadian for life. grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by mmsen: 6:54pm On Nov 05, 2022
ariesbull:
define stupidity...

Stupidity is selling your properties and raising over 12 million to travel abroad to do what you aren't sure of... Do not tell us that you want a safer environment... We have gangs in UK, USA and kids are killed daily and kidnapped

While the Nigerians R travelling Asians are tripping here to make money...

Before it was whites that came to buy Africans as slaves

Today it is Africans that are selling themselves as slaves

All facts.

Africans are now proud of their ability to sell themselves to the lowest bidder.
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by coputa(m): 6:54pm On Nov 05, 2022
ariesbull:
You cannot be rich abroad but you will be comfortable at least more than those living in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by uvie66: 6:56pm On Nov 05, 2022
Bksense:

Are you guys ever really satisfied without mentally converting your earnings to naira to look big? You know you'll always be below average earning with your kind of job. You can't even afford to buy house without mortgage
...... something dey worry you self you fit buy 300 million naira house cash down
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Aguogba(m): 6:56pm On Nov 05, 2022
Primusinterpares:
So lately I have seen friends, families, colleagues at work, church members relocating abroad.
These people are "doing well" here in Nigeria.
Many of them resign from their high paying jobs, sells their properties and put up to like 25 - 40 million naira to relocate a family of say 5.
Is it really worth it?
Can't we make a good living here in Nigeria especially people with a good job here?
I need clarifications from those that have gone to enlighten me.
The primary reason for relocation is to give your young or unborn children a better footing in life. If they're raised or born in developed countries, they won't have to navigate through the challenges their parents faced in life. Besides this, a lot of people would rather stay back once they're doing well in Naija.

One good example is, numerous footbaling, and athletic talents waste in Naija just because they didn't grow up abroad.

1 Like

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by ariesbull: 6:58pm On Nov 05, 2022
coputa:
You cannot be rich abroad but you will be comfortable at least more than those living in Nigeria.
and work till the end of your days... I have been abroad my fear na person wey never travel....

Here there are tons of opportunities in Nigeria but people aren't seeing it. I hated abroad when I experienced racism in train...

I can't stand it... I am fine here..

2 Likes

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by ashewoboy(m): 6:59pm On Nov 05, 2022
dawnomike:
Just think about it, you can be wealthy in Nigeria and get kidnapped for ransom or get killed by a mumu police officer
That alone is worth leaving the country for

Thought about it. Insecurity is the major reason. Wealthy people are not safe in nigeria.
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by ariesbull: 7:00pm On Nov 05, 2022
Aguogba:

The primary reason for relocation is to give your young or unborn children a better footing in life. If they're raised or born in developed countries, they won't have to navigate through the challenges their parents faced in life. Besides this, a lot of people would rather stay back once they're doing well in Naija.

One good example is, numerous footbaling, and athletic talents waste in Naija just because they didn't grow up abroad.
which kind footing?

If it's education, the it is not a guarantee that you will get a job in abroad after degree... I have seen many jobless graduates in UK

If it is safe environment, that is a lie.. Iwth all. These peadeophiles, racist, terrorist and school shootings

If it is morals... Forget it

So what better footings are we looking at... At least it is Nigerians that grew up here that are in better places there not the ones raised there
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Mindlog: 7:00pm On Nov 05, 2022
ariesbull:

Do I need to be richer than the names mentioned to feel connected to my purpose in life?

I am in the field of Clinical Child Psychology, my dream is not be another "INNOSON, AIRPEACE, JIM OVIA OR SLOT"....I am proud of my path, one I deliberately chose.

4 Likes

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by ariesbull: 7:01pm On Nov 05, 2022
mmsen:

All facts.

Africans are now proud of their ability to sell themselves to the lowest bidder.

The blackman is a funny creature

1 Like

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by ariesbull: 7:03pm On Nov 05, 2022
Mindlog:

Do I need to be richer than the names mentioned to feel connected to my purpose in life?

I am in the field of Clinical Child Psychology, my dream is not be another "INNOSON, AIRPEACE, JIM OVIA OR SLOT"....I am proud of my path, one I deliberately chose.
so how many clinics do you have or are you busy earning per hour... Is your purpose in life to earn per house been paid by others to you...

I pay others and that is my purpose... I have been to abroad and I know Nigerians are living rat race
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by ashewoboy(m): 7:05pm On Nov 05, 2022
ednut1:
Selling your property to obtain student visa is a big gamble people are willing to take. Nigeria looks like it is nearing collapse. Immigration is also not certain 3 years ago canada permanent residency was easy today it is very hard. USA was easy to enter 10 years ago today you cant even get interview date. Uk is currently doing promo with student visa they may change policy one day and people have no where to go again. So people dey rush am now as he dey hot. Dont blame them.

Topic is now on fp make nobody quote me. I no dey mood angry

As e dey hot, lorita 4gocheesy.
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by SpyChild: 7:06pm On Nov 05, 2022
Primusinterpares:
Bros pls talk to me. You have real experience. What are the Pros and Cons?
relocated around same time, was rough initially but with God and hardwork, it’s worth it so much now. All these people talking about kpako house abroad, loneliness and mortgage don’t seem to know jack about the system abroad. Yes, you pay mortgage to own a house, so what! If you are tired of paying mortgage, you can like sell the house next day and people are rushing it buy it and you will make profit on top plus the equities you have gathered from not paying rent instead you are paying mortgage. So let’s say equity of 5 years/at 1k (usually more than that) accumulates to 12 x 5 = 60k, plus the profit you would have made from profit of the house appreciation. You can either, go buy a new house and start paying mortgage again hoping to sell or take your money and go back to Nigeria and build yourself a house.
They keep talking about loneliness, I just laugh because, you can go to various clubs, social events etc and mingle so how is that lonely. People married with kids, are they lonely too?
Also don’t forget, they are still Nigerians, if I tire,I carry all my money come back to naija na.
You go pursue me?
Living abroad gives you OPTIONS (from work, healthcare etc) people living in Nigeria will never most likely have.
As for people thinking Nigerians abroad all wash dead bodies, I just laugh…look while looking for papers you might do those things but when you get it, the doors open and you will do respectable remote 6 figure jobs and live your dream.
Abroad is not prison, if I tire, I come naija flex like a month or 2 or 4 and go back and hustle. People live like that too.
Life is not all about flexing na.
We work and flex, living in naija won’t make you have such opportunities . So don’t be afraid to migrate. I was afraid at first becos I did not know one single person but now my connection reach number one person for the country. No lie!
Will it have been possible in Naija?
I just wanna remain anonymous here, if I post pictures una go madt lol

7 Likes

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by SpyChild: 7:06pm On Nov 05, 2022
relocated around same time, was rough initially but with God and hardwork, it’s worth it so much now. All these people talking about kpako house abroad, loneliness and mortgage don’t seem to know jack about the system abroad. Yes, you pay mortgage to own a house, so what! If you are tired of paying mortgage, you can like sell the house next day and people are rushing it buy it and you will make profit on top plus the equities you have gathered from not paying rent instead you are paying mortgage. So let’s say equity of 5 years/at 1k (usually more than that) accumulates to 12 x 5 = 60k, plus the profit you would have made from profit of the house appreciation. You can either, go buy a new house and start paying mortgage again hoping to sell or take your money and go back to Nigeria and build yourself a house.
They keep talking about loneliness, I just laugh because, you can go to various clubs, social events etc and mingle so how is that lonely. People married with kids, are they lonely too?
Also don’t forget, they are still Nigerians, if I tire,I carry all my money come back to naija na.
You go pursue me?
Living abroad gives you OPTIONS (from work, healthcare etc) people living in Nigeria will never most likely have.
As for people thinking Nigerians abroad all wash dead bodies, I just laugh…look while looking for papers you might do those things but when you get it, the doors open and you will do respectable remote 6 figure jobs and live your dream.
Abroad is not prison, if I tire, I come naija flex like a month or 2 or 4 and go back and hustle. People live like that too.
We work and flex, living in naija won’t make you have such opportunities . So don’t be afraid to migrate. I was afraid at first becos I did not know one single person but now my connection reach number one person for the country. No lie!

1 Like

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by clovislouis(m): 7:09pm On Nov 05, 2022
TWoods:

Weren’t you the first to waffle on about your “financial literacy”, N500k per month salary and how much your inverter system costs? grin grin Now you have a problem? Not everyone is in awe of your “financial literacy”. You are poor by foreign standards dude.

I initially refrained from saying anything about finances. It was simply hilarious to me that you thought what you earned was a reasonable salary. I earned more than N500k per month as a poor graduate student… and I didn’t need an inverter to guarantee 5 straight years of uninterrupted electricity supply. I paid my taxes and the government did it’s job. You’re a joke.
bros abeg I am so broke. pls assist a frnd in Nigeria. to feed is a problem
pls God bless u sir. pls here is my account 3129291203 first bank
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Kunleayo: 7:09pm On Nov 05, 2022
ariesbull:
so how many clinics do you have or are you busy earning per hour... Is your purpose in life to earn per house been paid by others to you...

I pay others and that is my purpose... I have been to abroad and I know Nigerians are living rat race

Let me ask you a sincere question. The Nigerians you know living like rat, what was their status in the country to start with.

If they don't have a legal status, you will always see them living like that.

For those that have legal status, truth me as Nigerians we earn well and we live a better life even better that of the so called Caucasians.
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by VULCAN(m): 7:10pm On Nov 05, 2022
Only if the woman has visa to be going and coming.

If only you know how many guys are eating those wives whose husbands are abroad you will understand me.

frozen70:

Traveling abroad is an investment that you will gain on the long run

But I prefer the father goes over there make money, set up building here then make arrangements for wife and children to be coming for vacation

As the children graduates they relocate there
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by benqo01(m): 7:11pm On Nov 05, 2022
If you were abroad u won't be typing this OP
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by Kunleayo: 7:14pm On Nov 05, 2022
SpyChild:
You go pursue me?

I completely agree with you... I have said it all. Ignorance has built mansion over some people here and they will never understand no matter hard you try to explain.

1 Like

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by clovislouis(m): 7:16pm On Nov 05, 2022
elijah101:
Then why are you pushing for people to stay back in a place with a bad system … Nigeria is only for making money … not to raise a family … truth is u will make the most money in Nigeria if them share u the secret … but thats what nigeria is good for … making money out of the ignorant bunch … and giving your family better shot at the good things life has to offer … its just one life ooo ..enjoy life oooo… enjoy comfort … comfort is not that expensive in some places ooo … only in Nigeria
pls brother I dey suffer for naija. sacked from my last job abeg help brother. first bank 3129291203
Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by ogbonti: 7:17pm On Nov 05, 2022
frozen70:

Is alright

Imagine, you traveled out send 15 million Dollars for building an estate, put it on rent and enjoy the inflow of money

15 million dollars ? which tree you won pluck the money from? you smoke sh iii tt?

99% of Americans will never see $1 million of their own money cash in their lifetime na him you yeye immigrant with kokoyam naija accent won come make $15 million ? are u alright ?

you think say PDP and APC embezzlement dey exist for abroad ? or you think say na as ona dey see 15 million naira wey ona no work for in Nigeria, you think say na so we dey see 15 million $$$ ?

Make I clear you sharperly, 90% of Nigerians here in America- even those doing legit work - even medical doctors and scientists, IT pros all that regardless of wether they live in New York or California where wages are high, most of them don’t have $50,000 saved in a year

Am talking about professionals oooo with experienced working hard

The average worker in America will be glad to have $10,000 saved for the year

Most naija people who travel to naija from America to bugga, no be their cash dem dey spend ooo - na credit card ooo no let nobody deceive

u - when dem return - dem go come dey work to pay the gbese - those wey no fit pay back, their credit go spoil - they cant get that credit

again to travel go bugga for Nigeria in the future - who no go no know grin grin grin grin grin

Good luck to you grin grin grin grin

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? by sylve11: 7:19pm On Nov 05, 2022
Karlovych:
From looking for UK student visa, to looking for Ireland study visa, to inquiring for your "daughter" about UK or Ireland admission, to opening threads about those suffering abroad and now you have already made 7 million naira this year as an Insurance agent, and making 13 million in Oil and Gas, tomorrow you will land on the moon

He tells lies more than the devil itself. sad cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (43) (Reply)

The Interchange Julius Beger Is Constructing In Obosi, Anambra (Photos) / Present Condition Of The New Lagos Marcopolo BRT Bus. / The Real Story About The Nigerian Woman Deported From Germany With Her 3 Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.