Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,150 members, 7,811,285 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:15 AM

Is It Right For Me To Be Sexually Active Now? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Right For Me To Be Sexually Active Now? (30950 Views)

Why Do Sexually Active Girls Lose Respect For Elders? / What My Gynaecology Friend Told Me About Young Sexually Active Females. / Is It Possible To Be Sexually Addicted To A Particular Person? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right For Me To Be Sexually Active Now? by BusinessPlan22: 5:01am On Nov 14, 2022
Bloommax:

Wonderful evening to y'all.

I just discovered Nairaland few weeks ago and I've read so many informative things and people's story. Some get advised and some get bashed when they drop their stories here, I hope I wouldn't.

Let me cut to the chase.

I'm 19, I'm a virgin and I'm a 300lvl student. I have a boyfriend that is 15years older than I am and he's sexually active. We met on online. We've known each other for seven months. We both love each other really well, even with the ups and downs that we've had in our relationship. This relationship is a long distance relationship. Now the thing is my boyfriend who is sexually active hasn't had sex for almost a year and lately he's been craving for sex. Sometimes I'll tell him I'm ready to have sex and other times I change my mind because of fear. I've been undecided about having sex. I thought about having sex with him maybe it'll make our bond stronger. He isn't married, he has no kids but he says he wish to marry me as soon as I graduate from the university. To be a virgin in a university isn't easy, there are temptations everywhere. Sometimes I get so tired of being a virgin and just want to have sex but other times I just want to keep it. One of my friends who is also my age had sex in 2019 and she has been sexually active ever since, she told me sex with males aren't really worth it, that if I'm ready I should try having sex with my gender because it's freaky.

I need advice please, should I have sex with this guy and hope that he'll marry me. Or I shouldn't and just be patient. He coming to meet me in two weeks time.

Are you married to him madam? What is sexually active, when u people finally destroy yourselves, u bring problem to an innocent man

Idiot
Re: Is It Right For Me To Be Sexually Active Now? by Bryan88(m): 5:02am On Nov 14, 2022
Bloommax:
It isn't. All I need is the right advice.
then forget abt havin sex now till the night of ur honeymoon...that’s s right advice u seek.
Re: Is It Right For Me To Be Sexually Active Now? by mrmachine: 5:04am On Nov 14, 2022
Keep yourself holy.Acts 15:20 But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood. Acts 15:20 But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood. 1 Corinthians 6:18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.

Bloommax:

I just discovered Nairaland few weeks ago and I've read so many informative things and people's story. Some get advised and some get bashed when they drop their stories here, I hope I wouldn't.

Let me cut to the chase.

I'm 19, I'm a virgin and I'm a 300lvl student. I have a boyfriend that is 15years older than I am and he's sexually active. We met on online. We've known each other for seven months. We both love each other really well, even with the ups and downs that we've had in our relationship. This relationship is a long distance relationship. Now the thing is my boyfriend who is sexually active hasn't had sex for almost a year and lately he's been craving for sex. Sometimes I'll tell him I'm ready to have sex and other times I change my mind because of fear. I've been undecided about having sex. I thought about having sex with him maybe it'll make our bond stronger. He isn't married, he has no kids but he says he wish to marry me as soon as I graduate from the university. To be a virgin in a university isn't easy, there are temptations everywhere. Sometimes I get so tired of being a virgin and just want to have sex but other times I just want to keep it. One of my friends who is also my age had sex in 2019 and she has been sexually active ever since, she told me sex with males aren't really worth it, that if I'm ready I should try having sex with my gender because it's freaky.

I need advice please, should I have sex with this guy and hope that he'll marry me. Or I shouldn't and just be patient. He coming to meet me in two weeks time.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Me To Be Sexually Active Now? by Richy4(m): 5:17am On Nov 14, 2022
NoToPile:

grin grin you must have been very active with campus fellowship,

The ones I hate most are the canopy/umbrella ministry gang, hangers association they will not allow better brother see sister, crowding around her, talk them no go talk wetin dey their mind , people will be assuming he has something with sister and nothing oo but they will not leave sister alone. God forbid evil umbrella.
cheesy grin
I was not very active on campus fellowship back then.... But I lived with spiritual brothers in the same premises back then..
The way u described hanger association is funny... Those campus things do bring fun memories back honestly grin
Re: Is It Right For Me To Be Sexually Active Now? by jamesharryson(m): 5:19am On Nov 14, 2022
FromOuterSpace:
Girl, listen to me and listen very well.

4. A man who loves you will wait until after marriage. He will marry you first, especially if you're a virgin. Point. Blank. Period. One thing I liked about my ex, even though he was a cheater (because I didn't want to sleep with him and why I eventually broke up with him and have no regrets about it) is that he never pressured me for sex and always said he would wait until after marriage. If a man has any ounce of love for you, that's what he will tell you and he most definitely will not pressure you for sex. No man who has ever truly loved a woman has asked her to sleep with him without/before marriage. That is not love, but lust.

5. The fact that he's having sexual discussions with you and telling you these things when your discussions should revolve around you finishing your studies or anything uplifting are enough to know this your relationship is lust-based and he's only pleasure-seeking.
You see these two points, they are out of place. But other points are very well okay. Adults think of sex more often than ever. But our ability to control the urge make us more mature (talking base on number 5). If at hisbgae he didn't discuss sex with her, then he is discussing it with another. Which was the more reason your ex cheated on you without your knowledge. They need to understand their sexual histories.
As for this number 4, a man who loves you, can wait till internity to have sex with you, only when: 1. He has never tasted sex for the first time and
2. He has someone somewhere satisfying his sexual urge and also
3. He is not man enough to have sex with you.

But other points you raised are in place
Re: Is It Right For Me To Be Sexually Active Now? by FireUpNow(m): 5:27am On Nov 14, 2022
OP you 19 and dating a man 15 years older than you. Flee from that man and continue your study my 2 kobo advice to you. That man will use you and dump you like a hot potato fresh from fire.
Re: Is It Right For Me To Be Sexually Active Now? by natddon1: 5:53am On Nov 14, 2022
Bloommax:

Let me cut to the chase.

pls keep ur virginity. If not for anything else but for ur soul, health and peace of mind
Re: Is It Right For Me To Be Sexually Active Now? by mildteddy(m): 5:55am On Nov 14, 2022
Bloommax:
Thank you so much for this ma.

Glad so many people gave you a sound advice.

I have a friend who was in your shoes (I met her when she was 24 years). She started sleeping with the very much older guy she was dating at 19 years. She got pregnant for him and had to drop out of school and go incommunicado with her parents.

Her life has been ups and downs since then. The guy asked her and her baby to pack out of his house 2 years ago. She has been unable to finish school, and had to move to her hometown from the city to live with her parents, so she can take care of the baby.

Till date it's not been easy for her (some mistakes alter your trajectory for life).

The advice that poster gave you is the best advice. You have more to gain if you listen to her. Keep your virginity for someone who is worth waiting for. Keep it till after university and NYSC (I did it, it's possible.). Keep it till you marry.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For Me To Be Sexually Active Now? by ezra1990: 6:00am On Nov 14, 2022
Rightly said...a word is enough for the wise
Re: Is It Right For Me To Be Sexually Active Now? by Nobody: 6:09am On Nov 14, 2022
MethPedo:
I blame your parents and older sibs for not keeping tabs on you
Because why TF would you be dating at 19?
Stfu. If you want to insult me, do it don't fvcking talking about my parents.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Me To Be Sexually Active Now? by Vivian16: 6:12am On Nov 14, 2022
Pls don't mind that old fool, he wants to take advantage of u and dump u later, he won't marry u please cut off any tie you have with him and face your studies, don't explore sex now it's not worth it because u will have regret and heartbreak, direct your attention to other meaningful adventures until u are emotionally matured to handle what comes with relationship and sex.
Re: Is It Right For Me To Be Sexually Active Now? by HardMirror(m): 6:13am On Nov 14, 2022
Bloommax:
Thank you so much for this ma.

see it is a lie! I am a man and yes we want sex with people we love. The challenge now is does he truly want u? He is most likely lying to u about not having sex for a year. As for me no sex no relationship and it does not mean i dont love a girl or only want her for sex. But sex must be part of the relationship.

But be very careful, he could just want your punny and dump you. Not all men are men, some are dogs and some women are useless butches.

As for you, you are a naive fool
Re: Is It Right For Me To Be Sexually Active Now? by Harmattan123(m): 6:18am On Nov 14, 2022
Bahamas95:
I just hope this isn't another super story.
Nope it's Yemi My Lover part 2
Re: Is It Right For Me To Be Sexually Active Now? by Neitan(m): 6:18am On Nov 14, 2022
Re: Is It Right For Me To Be Sexually Active Now? by HardMirror(m): 6:19am On Nov 14, 2022
jamesharryson:

You see these two points, they are out of place. But other points are very well okay. Adults think of sex more often than ever. But our ability to control the urge make us more mature (talking base on number 5). If at hisbgae he didn't discuss sex with her, then he is discussing it with another. Which was the more reason your ex cheated on you without your knowledge. They need to understand their sexual histories.
As for this number 4, a man who loves you, can wait till internity to have sex with you, only when: 1. He has never tasted sex for the first time and
2. He has someone somewhere satisfying his sexual urge and also
3. He is not man enough to have sex with you.

But other points you raised are in place
exactly what i just said too. I see lot of stupid people thinking a man only has sex with those he does not love. See me having sex with a girl is the best prrof she can get that i really like her. If i cant have sex with u, it shows i dont find u attractive enough. Blunt truth.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Me To Be Sexually Active Now? by kpajie1: 6:20am On Nov 14, 2022
Bahamas95:
I just hope this isn't another super story.
ask am ooh.is like na d part4
Re: Is It Right For Me To Be Sexually Active Now? by cheezy4real(m): 6:26am On Nov 14, 2022
Bloommax:
The only thing on my mind right now is a way I'll find an excuse to leave the relationship. I'm grateful that everyone here took their time to advice me. I'm not the type that throws wise words away. I just hope God strengths me and make me avoid all temptations. Thank you.

God's grace is sufficient and all these wisdom profit alot. every decision is a step taken either in a right direction or wrong direction and will begat other steps that make up miles to cover. these advice should encourage ur heart and make u resist lust. the young man if sincere will be busy trying to improve u and see how u b d best among ur equals & not talking SEX. pls avoid him

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Me To Be Sexually Active Now? by fashionistatee(f): 6:33am On Nov 14, 2022
My dear, please don't give in easily especially not to a 30yrs old man. A 30yrs old man knows exactly what to do if he truly wants to marry and i can tell you for a fact that giving him sex will not make any bond stronger, it will rather reduce your values as a woman. You have a long journey ahead of you and sex at 19 shouldn't be a part of your list neither are men worth the stress.
While i understand there are pressures and temptations around, please note your virginity is one value that will keep your shoulder up high in ugly moment.
Note: same gender sex is a sin; so channel your energy and desires towards being the best version of yourself and you sill be glad you did.

Bloommax:

Let me cut to the chase.

Re: Is It Right For Me To Be Sexually Active Now? by Benwallt(m): 6:35am On Nov 14, 2022
Girl, close that leg. That's my take to your take in

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Me To Be Sexually Active Now? by Nobody: 6:38am On Nov 14, 2022
mildteddy:

Glad so many people gave you a sound advice.

I have a friend who was in your shoes (I met her when she was 24 years). She started sleeping with the very much older guy she was dating at 19 years. She got pregnant for him and had to drop out of school and go incommunicado with her parents.

Her life has been ups and downs since then. The guy asked her and her baby to pack out of his house 2 years ago. She has been unable to finish school, and had to move to her hometown from the city to live with her parents, so she can take care of the baby.

Till date it's not been easy for her (some mistakes alter your trajectory for life).

The advice that poster gave you is the best advice. You have more to gain if you listen to her. Keep your virginity for someone who is worth waiting for. Keep it till after university and NYSC (I did it, it's possible.). Keep it till you marry.
What a sad story. I've ended things with the man and I'll keep it till wedding night.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right For Me To Be Sexually Active Now? by lavidoren: 6:40am On Nov 14, 2022
budaatum:

No, don't have sex with this guy and hope he'll marry you. He might not marry you, so have sex with this guy only because you want to have sex with this guy.

Really though. Don't have sex with anyone until you've graduated, because you'd be much smarter in your choices.
BEST ADVICE
Re: Is It Right For Me To Be Sexually Active Now? by Nobody: 6:40am On Nov 14, 2022
HardMirror:
see it is a lie! I am a man and yes we want sex with people we love. The challenge now is does he truly want u? He is most likely lying to u about not having sex for a year. As for me no sex no relationship and it does not mean i dont love a girl or only want her for sex. But sex must be part of the relationship.

But be very careful, he could just want your punny and dump you. Not all men are men, some are dogs and some women are useless butches.

As for you, you are a naive fool
Lol
Re: Is It Right For Me To Be Sexually Active Now? by Nobody: 6:42am On Nov 14, 2022
FromOuterSpace:
Girl, listen to me and listen very well.

1. You're 19. Not only should you still be a virgin at 19, but you should keep your virginity for as long as you can. You've only been dating this man for 7-months, and the fact that you're going back and forth about it means you're not ready, so don't do it. Even if you're sure about it, don't do it now or anytime soon.

2. You have no business dating a 34-year old. You're 19. Find a guy in his 20s to date, not someone 15-years older than you. Quite frankly, it's sickening of him to be preying after someone 15-years his junior. It's giving perversion and pedophilia.

3. You're asking if you should have sex with him and hope he'll marry you thereafter. Sweetheart, that is foolishness. A smart lady doesn't move like that. Why buy the cow when he can get the milk for free? Nigeria has enough single mothers already and many are in their 20s. Please don't become a statistic.

4. A man who loves you will wait until after marriage. He will marry you first, especially if you're a virgin. Point. Blank. Period. One thing I liked about my ex, even though he was a cheater (because I didn't want to sleep with him and why I eventually broke up with him and have no regrets about it) is that he never pressured me for sex and always said he would wait until after marriage. If a man has any ounce of love for you, that's what he will tell you and he most definitely will not pressure you for sex. No man who has ever truly loved a woman has asked her to sleep with him without/before marriage. That is not love, but lust.

5. The fact that he's having sexual discussions with you and telling you these things when your discussions should revolve around you finishing your studies or anything uplifting are enough to know this your relationship is lust-based and he's only pleasure-seeking.

I concur

Na so one 40yr old snatch my 17yr old gf den o

She say he is well matured for her

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Me To Be Sexually Active Now? by IkeAbuja: 6:46am On Nov 14, 2022
Ihe emebiwo women of nowadays got no shame again you're asking whether you should have sex or not that is the 1st class degree your parents sent you to school to acquire and make them proud EWU GAMBIA
Re: Is It Right For Me To Be Sexually Active Now? by Nobody: 6:51am On Nov 14, 2022
IkeAbuja:
Ihe emebiwo women of nowadays got no shame again you're asking whether you should have sex or not that is the 1st class degree your parents sent you to school to acquire and make them proud EWU GAMBIA
You're one of the goats of this forum, I never said I have a problem with my studies and I'm on the right track for a first class, you that you're typing thrash I'm sure you don't have one. And if you were using your sense when you typed this you'll know that humans aren't perfect. So next time think well before embarrassing yourself. Ode.
Re: Is It Right For Me To Be Sexually Active Now? by Clinghton: 6:53am On Nov 14, 2022
That your friend wants to turn you yo a lesbian.
Re: Is It Right For Me To Be Sexually Active Now? by Safyqueen: 6:54am On Nov 14, 2022
The beauty of Islam is that this type of case doesn't exist talk less of seeking advice on how to go about it.

You think sex is just anything you engage in anyhow? Haba.

Become a Muslim, perhaps your virginity will be a valuable asset for you that you will not trade anyhow with gold diggers.
Re: Is It Right For Me To Be Sexually Active Now? by Ineedhustle247: 6:56am On Nov 14, 2022
Bloommax:
It isn't. All I need is the right advice.

It's not worth it mama
Sex is no guarantee he'll stay with you

Once your virginity is gone
Nothing will differentiate you from other ladies out there.

By not having sex now
The only thing you lose is bragging rights of what you did in your youth.

Please keep your gift a real man will adore and worship you for your perseverance.
Of course the obvious trust that will accompany marriage.

And lastly my dear, please forget about ppl promising you marriage for sex
That's the oldest lamba in history.

Na so Dem take that lamba collect my babe that year.
The girl is still single and her virginity gone.
She's now HR for a firm in Abj
The man way lamba her is now a bike man in Kogi
And I'm here.
We're just friends now and she keeps regretting her decision till date even though it doesn't define her, she always wishes she could have continued minding her life.
The bike man still does not value the virginity he took till date.

He may come
He may break up with you
But in it all, always remember you hold a more valuable bargaining chip.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For Me To Be Sexually Active Now? by Nobody: 7:05am On Nov 14, 2022
Safyqueen:
The beauty of Islam is that this type of case doesn't exist talk less of seeking advice on how to go about it.

You think sex is just anything you engage in anyhow? Haba.

Become a Muslim, perhaps your virginity will be a valuable asset for you that you will not trade anyhow with gold diggers.
I'm laughing out loud right now. This post makes zero sense. The girl that told me about lesbian sex is a chronic Muslim, those with hijabs 24/7. And she had sex in 2019, we're the same age. So don't talk about Muslim whatever here, religion doesn't matter.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For Me To Be Sexually Active Now? by Toriagirl(f): 7:08am On Nov 14, 2022
You're still very young and naive, don't even fall for that trap, you still have a bright future ahead of you. If he can't wait he should use the exit door.
Re: Is It Right For Me To Be Sexually Active Now? by Banhammy717: 7:11am On Nov 14, 2022
I beg you in the name of God.
Keep your viginity as long as your wedding night.
Premarital sex is a great sin.

May God guide you.

That's the only honor you have before your husband, don't give it to ordinary boyfriend.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Between Mouth Odour And Body Odour Which One Can You Manage In A Relationship? / If Your Ex Is Married But Still Wants You / Check Out This Hot Curvy Nigerian Mom In Leggings And Tight Jeans (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.