Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,992 members, 7,821,461 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

Is It Right For Me To Be Sexually Active Now? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Right For Me To Be Sexually Active Now? (31000 Views)

Why Do Sexually Active Girls Lose Respect For Elders? / What My Gynaecology Friend Told Me About Young Sexually Active Females. / Is It Possible To Be Sexually Addicted To A Particular Person? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right For Me To Be Sexually Active Now? by Honchoslim16(m): 7:11am On Nov 14, 2022
Lol.........funny topics on Nairaland
Re: Is It Right For Me To Be Sexually Active Now? by antimason(m): 7:13am On Nov 14, 2022
Virginity is pride! And believe me if your future husband meets you a virgin in your first night during your honeymoon then your standing with him is that of an exalted queen. Why not focus on the important things(your studies) and leave your virginity for the man that chooses to make you his wife in the future? Remember ones you lose it, it's gone forever. Follow people wey know road abeg.
Re: Is It Right For Me To Be Sexually Active Now? by froshdhayveed(m): 7:14am On Nov 14, 2022
aisha1314:

Of course it's perfectly ok to have sex if you want to, after all you're an adult. As long as you're doing it solely because you feel ready, not because your older boyfriend is pressuring you to sleep with him. You said you feel undecided though, so probably you don't feel ready or are feeling a bit pressured. I think you should wait until you feel completely ready to avoid regrets.

If you decide you want to have sex though, make sure you are responsible about it, that is you insist on condom use and go on some form of contraceptive.
I think you need to run to the saving arm of Jesus for the advice you jxt gave to the young girl. For the fact that you were cajole to sex b4 marriage shouldn't mean u should watch it continue..
Re: Is It Right For Me To Be Sexually Active Now? by Safyqueen: 7:20am On Nov 14, 2022
Bloommax:
I'm laughing out loud right now. This post makes zero sense. The girl that told me about lesbian sex is a chronic Muslim, those with hijabs 24/7. And she had sex in 2019, we're the same age. So don't talk about Muslim whatever here, religion doesn't matter.

No Muslim talks about lesbianism, s/he knows it is a serious sin never to be engaged in. Again, every Muslim knows sex is a sacred activity reserved for only husband and wife exclusively.
You don't seek advice whether to engage in it or not in Islam. It is haram to engaged in it until marriage rights are concluded.

Virginity is a priceless commodity in Islam that a girl is ever proud of.
Re: Is It Right For Me To Be Sexually Active Now? by Biafracom(m): 7:26am On Nov 14, 2022
Bloommax:

Wonderful evening to y'all.

I just discovered Nairaland few weeks ago and I've read so many informative things and people's story. Some get advised and some get bashed when they drop their stories here, I hope I wouldn't.

Let me cut to the chase.

I'm 19, I'm a virgin and I'm a 300lvl student. I have a boyfriend that is 15years older than I am and he's sexually active. We met on online. We've known each other for seven months. We both love each other really well, even with the ups and downs that we've had in our relationship. This relationship is a long distance relationship. Now the thing is my boyfriend who is sexually active hasn't had sex for almost a year and lately he's been craving for sex. Sometimes I'll tell him I'm ready to have sex and other times I change my mind because of fear. I've been undecided about having sex. I thought about having sex with him maybe it'll make our bond stronger. He isn't married, he has no kids but he says he wish to marry me as soon as I graduate from the university. To be a virgin in a university isn't easy, there are temptations everywhere. Sometimes I get so tired of being a virgin and just want to have sex but other times I just want to keep it. One of my friends who is also my age had sex in 2019 and she has been sexually active ever since, she told me sex with males aren't really worth it, that if I'm ready I should try having sex with my gender because it's freaky.

I need advice please, should I have sex with this guy and hope that he'll marry me. Or I shouldn't and just be patient. He coming to meet me in two weeks time.

My girl, as a man talking to you. The best thing u can do for urself if possible is to avoid sex with him for now. His love and respect for u now is because he hasn't had sex yet with u. Anytime he gets it with u, his love, respect and trust reduce to 5%. Be guided.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Me To Be Sexually Active Now? by martinm45: 7:26am On Nov 14, 2022
You will be the loser in this. Many men dating girls your age are just sexual predators. They want to have you to quench their sexual appetite and pronto they are gone. You say he loves you. How do you measure love with somebody you are not seeing only chatting on social media? Immediately he gets in between your legs then I bet you, you know that what you call love is lust, its all about him not about you at all.
Try to change the friends you keep. Make friends with fellow girls your age who love the Lord Jesus Christ, who want to preserve their virginity till they are ready for marriage.
Face your studies squarely and avoid distractions. For now dating a man 15years your senior is a big distraction.
If you are not careful you end up a baby mama.
To avoid the pitfall make Jesus your personal Lord and saviour. You stand to gain a lot by doing this.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Me To Be Sexually Active Now? by Nobody: 7:32am On Nov 14, 2022
Safyqueen:

No Muslim talks about lesbianism, s/he knows it is a serious sin never to be engaged in. Again, every Muslim knows sex is a sacred activity reserved for only husband and wife exclusively.
You don't seek advice whether to engage in it or not in Islam. It is haram to engaged in it until marriage rights are concluded.

Virginity is a priceless commodity in Islam that a girl is ever proud of.

I'll just leave you alone now, holier than thou.
Re: Is It Right For Me To Be Sexually Active Now? by Innobee99(m): 7:35am On Nov 14, 2022
Permit me to say u are about sleeping with another person's husband.
Re: Is It Right For Me To Be Sexually Active Now? by FullBlastLight: 7:35am On Nov 14, 2022
Bloommax:

I just discovered Nairaland few weeks ago and I've read so many informative things and people's story. Some get advised and some get bashed when they drop their stories here, I hope I wouldn't.

Let me cut to the chase.

I'm 19, I'm a virgin and I'm a 300lvl student. I have a boyfriend that is 15years older than I am and he's sexually active. We met on online. We've known each other for seven months. We both love each other really well, even with the ups and downs that we've had in our relationship. This relationship is a long distance relationship. Now the thing is my boyfriend who is sexually active hasn't had sex for almost a year and lately he's been craving for sex. Sometimes I'll tell him I'm ready to have sex and other times I change my mind because of fear. I've been undecided about having sex. I thought about having sex with him maybe it'll make our bond stronger. He isn't married, he has no kids but he says he wish to marry me as soon as I graduate from the university. To be a virgin in a university isn't easy, there are temptations everywhere. Sometimes I get so tired of being a virgin and just want to have sex but other times I just want to keep it. One of my friends who is also my age had sex in 2019 and she has been sexually active ever since, she told me sex with males aren't really worth it, that if I'm ready I should try having sex with my gender because it's freaky.

I need advice please, should I have sex with this guy and hope that he'll marry me. Or I shouldn't and just be patient. He coming to meet me in two weeks time.

Rather than thinking abt ur Destiny & Eternity, u're thinking & talking abt a destiny-aborting exhibition!

Flee youthful lust!

Flee fornication!

Pursue rather after godliness, wich has great gains both in dis life & in d next!

Joseph wld hv aborted his glorious destiny on d grounds of sexual immorality, bt he flew, and both his destiny & eternity were preserved!

D greatest thought is {God} godliness, not sexual immorality!
Re: Is It Right For Me To Be Sexually Active Now? by priestcharm(m): 7:37am On Nov 14, 2022
Bloommax:

Let me cut to the chase.

If he pressures you for sex, don’t do it. Moreover he has been sexually active and doesn’t need you to fulfill his sexual fantasies. Sex is overrated and once you have it, two things will happen. Either you enjoy it and become loose or you hate and regret every sound of the word sex. Why not wait till you’re married and enjoy or hate it.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For Me To Be Sexually Active Now? by biggie73(m): 7:46am On Nov 14, 2022
Wait. Wait. Wait or Run �‍♂️
Re: Is It Right For Me To Be Sexually Active Now? by gbogboija: 7:49am On Nov 14, 2022
My daughter, run from anyone asking you for sex before marriage, they are destiny destroyers. He will Bleep hell out of you and dump you. At 19, run after things that matters to your future, 1. God 2. Righteousness, 3. Holiness, 4. Purity 5. Service to God. You are not doing anyone good by living right, you are doing yourself good. Remain blessed my daughter.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For Me To Be Sexually Active Now? by jullary(m): 7:52am On Nov 14, 2022
John 10:10-30 NKJV
The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy.

That bible cerse answers your question perfectly.use your brain.
Re: Is It Right For Me To Be Sexually Active Now? by NigeriaEngineer(m): 7:54am On Nov 14, 2022
Bloommax:

Let me cut to the chase.

wait for the right time! The right man will cherish your waiting.

You are not at the prime of your age. Imagine having it now and you planned to get married at 25. Be ready to engage in sexual escapade for 6 years; and at the end of the day you will look back and wished you had wait.

May God give you wisdom.
Re: Is It Right For Me To Be Sexually Active Now? by olanrewaju99(m): 7:57am On Nov 14, 2022
FromOuterSpace:
Girl, listen to me and listen very well.

1. You're 19. Not only should you still be a virgin at 19, but you should keep your virginity for as long as you can. You've only been dating this man for 7-months, and the fact that you're going back and forth about it means you're not ready, so don't do it. Even if you're sure about it, don't do it now or anytime soon.

2. You have no business dating a 34-year old. You're 19. Find a guy in his 20s to date, not someone 15-years older than you. Quite frankly, it's sickening of him to be preying after someone 15-years his junior. It's giving perversion and pedophilia.

3. You're asking if you should have sex with him and hope he'll marry you thereafter. Sweetheart, that is foolishness. A smart lady doesn't move like that. Why buy the cow when he can get the milk for free? Nigeria has enough single mothers already and many are in their 20s. Please don't become a statistic.

4. A man who loves you will wait until after marriage. He will marry you first, especially if you're a virgin. Point. Blank. Period. One thing I liked about my ex, even though he was a cheater (because I didn't want to sleep with him and why I eventually broke up with him and have no regrets about it) is that he never pressured me for sex and always said he would wait until after marriage. If a man has any ounce of love for you, that's what he will tell you and he most definitely will not pressure you for sex. No man who has ever truly loved a woman has asked her to sleep with him without/before marriage. That is not love, but lust.

5. The fact that he's having sexual discussions with you and telling you these things when your discussions should revolve around you finishing your studies or anything uplifting are enough to know this your relationship is lust-based and he's only pleasure-seeking.
God bless you for these enlightenments, you really highlighted the bitter truth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For Me To Be Sexually Active Now? by ChristineC: 7:58am On Nov 14, 2022
Bloommax:

Let me cut to the chase.

your friend advised you to have homosexual sex instead?

Re: Is It Right For Me To Be Sexually Active Now? by Brian47(m): 8:10am On Nov 14, 2022
I like your advice

FromOuterSpace:

1. You're 19. Not only should you still be a virgin at 19, but you should keep your virginity for as long as you can. You've only been dating this man for 7-months, and the fact that you're going back and forth about it means you're not ready, so don't do it. Even if you're sure about it, don't do it now or anytime soon.

2. You have no business dating a 34-year old. You're 19. Find a guy in his 20s to date, not someone 15-years older than you. Quite frankly, it's sickening of him to be preying after someone 15-years his junior. It's giving perversion and pedophilia.

3. You're asking if you should have sex with him and hope he'll marry you thereafter. Sweetheart, that is foolishness. A smart lady doesn't move like that. Why buy the cow when he can get the milk for free? Nigeria has enough single mothers already and many are in their 20s. Please don't become a statistic.

4. A man who loves you will wait until after marriage. He will marry you first, especially if you're a virgin. Point. Blank. Period. One thing I liked about my ex, even though he was a cheater (because I didn't want to sleep with him and why I eventually broke up with him and have no regrets about it) is that he never pressured me for sex and always said he would wait until after marriage. If a man has any ounce of love for you, that's what he will tell you and he most definitely will not pressure you for sex. No man who has ever truly loved a woman has asked her to sleep with him without/before marriage. That is not love, but lust.

5. The fact that he's having sexual discussions with you and telling you these things when your discussions should revolve around you finishing your studies or anything uplifting are enough to know this your relationship is lust-based and he's only pleasure-seeking.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For Me To Be Sexually Active Now? by kabanayol9(m): 8:12am On Nov 14, 2022
Bloommax:

Let me cut to the chase.

My dear, be patient, keep your virginity, there is so much pride in it.
What if you give him the virginity and he ends up dumping you?
Re: Is It Right For Me To Be Sexually Active Now? by seguno2: 8:15am On Nov 14, 2022
FromOuterSpace:

This ogbonge advice should be laminated and framed for regular reference. Thanks so much for sharing your wisdom with us. Stay blessed.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Right For Me To Be Sexually Active Now? by seguno2: 8:25am On Nov 14, 2022
MethPedo:
I blame your parents and older sibs for not keeping tabs on you
Because why TF would you be dating at 19?

Is the Pedo in your moniker for paedophile
Re: Is It Right For Me To Be Sexually Active Now? by yomi531(m): 8:31am On Nov 14, 2022
Richy4:
cheesy cheesy
You are indeed 19... I stopped reading where u said that he has never had sex for a year... sorry for not finishing...

...So he's sexually active and he has never had sex for almost a year? Did he by chance tell you that he was deployed around Sambisa forest axis? smiley

Don't be compelled to give that out.. if u must, then share the memory with the right person... It will be an unforgettable experience... U will remember it like your birthday should such talks comes to play... wait for a little while my dear young lady...
What makes u feel the guy is not right for her? So after investing money and emotions on her, she should give it to another person coz u feel he is older than her. Why do some people use age to discriminate others. See stupid advice, she should wait for the right person like say na Cinderella film we dey watch. Babes, if the guy likes u so much u can ask him for sometime b4 u give him. He even promised u marriage. Forget all those chewing gum bf wey dey claim fine boys. Nothing go comot. Older guys are better lovers.
Re: Is It Right For Me To Be Sexually Active Now? by Saig: 8:45am On Nov 14, 2022
Bloommax:

Let me cut to the chase.

don't. And NEVER try lesbianism! That's not how God intends it. You have some values don't throw it to the dogs. Advise that your friend if she continues giving you such advice, dump her
Re: Is It Right For Me To Be Sexually Active Now? by Konjiboii: 8:46am On Nov 14, 2022
Treasuredgift:

You are talking in the nonsense, bro!!!
I was so disgusted reading this.

Which part disgusted you? Let me edit it in bold letters
Re: Is It Right For Me To Be Sexually Active Now? by oluade11: 8:53am On Nov 14, 2022
Angel, focus on your education and future.
Leave sex for now.

If your man truly loves you, he will wait.
Keep yourself, your folks will be proud of you, heaven will be proud of you, your spouse will be proud of you and you will be proud of yourself.

Shift your focus from sex and relationship to your career.

Sex is distraction.
At the right time, you will so much have sex, you will beg your man for break.

God will help you to make the right choice.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For Me To Be Sexually Active Now? by God2man2again(m): 8:53am On Nov 14, 2022
Let's assume that you had sex with him. What do you gain?
You gained guilt.
You gained incurable diseases.
You gained dishonor.
You gained lack of respect.
You gained more craving for sex.
You gained barrenness.
You gained abuse.
You gained loss of relationship.
You gained unforgiveness.
You gained sin.
You gained shame.
You gained sickness.
You gained stolen of your virtue.
You gained late marriage.
You gained miscarriage.
You gained premature babies.
You gained punishment from God.
You gained hell fire.

What shall it profit?

What you are trying to run away from will eventually caught up with you.

Patience is a virtue.
Reject left over.
Go for the original person.

Think deeply.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Me To Be Sexually Active Now? by Lamanii22(f): 8:54am On Nov 14, 2022
FromOuterSpace:

like he just wants to take advantage of her, a 19 yr old is still a child to me AFAIC

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For Me To Be Sexually Active Now? by Lamanii22(f): 8:57am On Nov 14, 2022
toobusy:
Let me be honest with you,sex is excessively over-hyped,there isn't anything special about it outside from procreation,I have had a good number of real awful life experiences,but I haven't regretted any of them as much as I regret losing my virginity on the eve of my 24th birthday.religion apart,every reasonable human should stay away from pre-marital sex, consider anyone who wants to lure you into that as an enemy and stay far away from them.
you’re right… pre-marital sex is not worth it… even in marriage one would still get tired of it… I think the OP SHOULD FOCUS ON HER CGPA…
Re: Is It Right For Me To Be Sexually Active Now? by Emmanuel30a: 9:21am On Nov 14, 2022
You are not serious... You seem curious, curious about what? Curious about what is dangerous? Your life & or life is so dangerous... You are unscrupulous... You would soon be furious that u are curious about what is dangerous... If u have GOD or if u have a god... Why can't you ask...? Ask GOD & THE LORD JESUS CHRIST for advise on what to do, if u really know them... 90% if not 99%, would not marry u after having sexual intercourse; talkless of u being a virgin... They or he would just use u to count scores... Read the story of the 10 virgins in the BIBLE... Even JESUS CHRIST was tempted by satan, but HE OVERCAME... You better overcome, if u don't want to burn in hell fire... Attending university is not an excuse for the temptation of sexual intercourse... People in community, etc; are also having the temptation of sexual intercourse... Let him pay ur dowry & know ur parent... Let him marry u before sexual intercourse... Stop him from coming to visit... U would have HIV AID or be used for ritual&fetish...
Re: Is It Right For Me To Be Sexually Active Now? by Emmanuel30a: 9:29am On Nov 14, 2022
You would get pregnant with fornication and adultery... Face your studies... He is not your mate... He is not your soulmate... Your mates and or your agemates are not your soulmate, let alone someone who is not your agemate and classmate... If he is truly your soulmate, he wouldn't think of sex let alone want to have sex with you... Don't sell yourself freely, because you are looking for husband; you may end up or you would end up becoming the second wife, third wife, fourth wife, etc...
Re: Is It Right For Me To Be Sexually Active Now? by imagrg(m): 9:33am On Nov 14, 2022
Your virginity is your pride so don't give it away cheaply please. You may regret you did later in life.

You are young and naive. Stay action and don't let him manipulate you into having sex with him yet.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Me To Be Sexually Active Now? by Emmanuel30a: 9:36am On Nov 14, 2022
You are not serious... You seem curious, curious about what? Curious about what is dangerous? Your life & or life is so dangerous... You are unscrupulous... You would soon be furious that u are curious about what is dangerous... If u have GOD or if u have a god... Why can't you ask...? Ask GOD & THE LORD JESUS CHRIST for advise on what to do, if u really know them... 90% if not 99%, would not marry u after having sexual intercourse; talkless of u being a virgin... They or he would just use u to count scores... Read the story of the 10 virgins in the BIBLE... Even JESUS CHRIST was tempted by satan, but HE OVERCAME... You better overcome, if u don't want to burn in hell fire... Attending university is not an excuse for the temptation of sexual intercourse... People in community, etc; are also having the temptation of sexual intercourse... Let him pay ur dowry & know ur parent... Let him marry u before sexual intercourse... Stop him from coming to visit... U would have HIV AID or be used for ritual&fetish...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Is There Any Drug That Can Make A Woman To Be In Sex Mood Like Manpower In Men? / 19-Year-Old Girl Commits Suicide In Lagos After Fight With Boyfriend / Check Out This Hot Curvy Nigerian Mom In Leggings And Tight Jeans (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.