Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

Can I Get Married To Her Now Or It’s Too Early? - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can I Get Married To Her Now Or It’s Too Early? (34359 Views)

Conjoined Twins Abby And Brittany Hensel Get Married To An Army Veteran (video) / Sex Education To A 6year Old Girl: Is It Too Early? / Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Get Married To Her Now Or It’s Too Early? by EmmyOD(m): 1:27pm On Nov 13, 2022
Is bc ur in UK dt u r reasoning like oyibo?
Nawaaoh, guy no loose guard ooo.
Don't even pay any one to test her. Open several Facebook accounts and WhatsApps. A month is enough to get the information you you want to get. That's if you a still a wise son of his father....
Good luck
Re: Can I Get Married To Her Now Or It’s Too Early? by InvertedHammer: 1:28pm On Nov 13, 2022
humility101:
I met this lovely lady (30 yo) online 2 months ago. She is in Nigeria and I’m in the Uk. We have been actively chatting, phoning and having lots of facetime. She’s got all they qualities I need in a wife. She has also gone to see my peeps once and they said nice things about her.

I’m planning on wedding her this Christmas and she can join me immediately (UK can be very lonely without a partner) on a dependent visa.

But sometimes I pause and ask myself, I hope I’m not rushing this whole thing? I hope she is not pretending to be nice? I hope she truly loves me? I hope she is not seeing me as a means to japa? A lot of questions going through my mind. This is marriage and I don’t wanna make mistakes.

Advice me please.

/

You are embarking on a journey that has killed many before you. Nobody spends money and resources with the hope that it will end in divorce. But the odds are highly stacked against you.

Do not judge or assess her with the way she acts while still in Nigeria. Na after you give water to monkey you go know how far. Good luck retrieving that cup. Your parents have no idea and you shouldn't rely on their assessment.

Your mind is talking to you but you choose to be stubborn.

/

2 Likes

Re: Can I Get Married To Her Now Or It’s Too Early? by Tayorshd2(m): 1:33pm On Nov 13, 2022
God bless you my brother
That's why I agreed sometimes that dating relationship orarriage doesn't have rules and is a black market ...
Nobody can be produ Abt getting it right only by the Grace of the almighty God

generalwo:
..... I once met a lady who i thought was the queen of the world at the time....
Her true nature came out when she got pregnant and knew i cared for her and the baby so much...

Long story short, after met her, i lost my job, became a serial debtor and not on good terms with my family....

Guess what, she left with my kid in the middle of all these...

My greatest happiness is that i was never married to her...

Things are looking up now that she's out of the picture (though I still keep in touch because of my kid).

I'm not saying your woman will be like that but just be careful.

At one point in our lives, our worst exes were once the best persons we have met.

Time Nd circumstances change people.

May the heavens not allow you make a grave mistake..... Amen
Re: Can I Get Married To Her Now Or It’s Too Early? by ufotunang: 1:35pm On Nov 13, 2022
humility101:
I met this lovely lady (30 yo) online 2 months ago. She is in Nigeria and I’m in the Uk. We have been actively chatting, phoning and having lots of facetime. She’s got all they qualities I need in a wife. She has also gone to see my peeps once and they said nice things about her.

I’m planning on wedding her this Christmas and she can join me immediately (UK can be very lonely without a partner) on a dependent visa.

But sometimes I pause and ask myself, I hope I’m not rushing this whole thing? I hope she is not pretending to be nice? I hope she truly loves me? I hope she is not seeing me as a means to japa? A lot of questions going through my mind. This is marriage and I don’t wanna make mistakes.

Advice me please.

... there is no nigeria lady that lives in nigeria that would not like to marry a guy that base in UK or abroad...long distance love relationship is dangerous...you are just going to marry a stranger...a lady you do not know much about her true character and behavior... forget all those WhatsApp, Facebook chatting and phoning and calling each other...it's not enough to know a lady true character and behavior...she is just desperate to Japa out of the country nigeria and does not truly love you....it's better you date a lady over there in UK... even if it's a Nigeria lady...so that you both can be visiting and seeing each other frequently..it will give you the opportunity to know her true character and behaviours and then from there you then decide to marry her.. so far both of you love each other and know each other very well....long distance love relationship is dangerous

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Get Married To Her Now Or It’s Too Early? by Tayorshd2(m): 1:37pm On Nov 13, 2022
HomeTutorsPro:

As for you the man in a dilemma, this is NAIRALAND.
Any advice you receive here should contribute not more than 10% of your decision-making reason.
There are people who court women for years living in same house with them and still see hell after marriage.
There are also people who marry within weeks of meeting and enjoy bliss in their marriage.
Just follow your heart and don't let nairaland rob you off a possible good woman.
I am not saying you should go ahead and marry her.
I am saying she could be a good woman.
Just make sure that trusted relatives check her out thoroughly.
And hey!
December is too early.
Just give it a little more time.
Another 3 to 4 months won't be a bad idea.
All the best.

My brother you are God sent am actually facing similar issue too after 5 years of dating then getting married to her was d greatest mistake of my life ..
I think the game of marriage love or relationship don't have formular make person just pray for grace

1 Like

Re: Can I Get Married To Her Now Or It’s Too Early? by professore(m): 1:38pm On Nov 13, 2022
humility101:

Advice me please.

take your time, but most importantly pray.
Re: Can I Get Married To Her Now Or It’s Too Early? by frozen70(f): 1:43pm On Nov 13, 2022
humility101:

Advice me please.

Being in a hurry or being slow in marriage matters doesn't guarantee a marriage free of troubles

If you can come home, spend some time with her and you and your family will watch her attitude

If you cant come because of documents issues,

Make plans for her to be observed by your mum, sisters and aunties

That means she will be visiting them and spend weekends with her and they will interact with each other

One year is never enough to understand a woman

The most troublesome woman will humble herself so far her suitor is abroad

Anyone abroad can never understand any one's behaviors in Nigeria due to the economic situations

Lastly, slow down a bit so that reports from the female relatives from your side, whom she will be visiting,
Will be put together to know close to her type of person

In another words, only a woman can understand and explain another woman no matter hoe canny, smart or pretending she is

Good luck

1 Like

Re: Can I Get Married To Her Now Or It’s Too Early? by eastgates1: 1:44pm On Nov 13, 2022
toxtimmy:
There are millions of women in the UK... But the question is where is the good woman you can connect with?...online, in the UK, japan, Ghana...truly no one knows untill you find that woman.

true but to avoid stories that touch you can do all that he has been advised from close range and see if she is truly what she says she is and what he wants besides the issue of pretending will not be there afterall the lady will also be in the uk and is not trying to use the guy to fly to "the abroad".
Re: Can I Get Married To Her Now Or It’s Too Early? by JustAndy(m): 1:45pm On Nov 13, 2022
Hope is not one of those tinder girls oh! Don’t mistake hookup qualities to wife qualities, you better do background check
Re: Can I Get Married To Her Now Or It’s Too Early? by Patobajujuman12: 1:52pm On Nov 13, 2022
Big mistake
Re: Can I Get Married To Her Now Or It’s Too Early? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Nov 13, 2022
akbonus:
LET ME GET DETAILS OF YOUR PERSON AND I WILL SEND YOU THAT OF MY YOUNGER SIS IN THE UK,WHOM YOU WILL ACCESS ON YOUR OWN AND DECIDE WHAT YOU WANT,SHE IS CURRENTLY RUNNING HER MSC PROGRAMME,SHE IS 30+

Wetin happen? What of the one wey dey ground?

Abeg abeg no pour Sansan for the girl garri or wait if she fails the test we told op to carry out, you can give him your sisters details.
No dey let your blood dey hot. Your sister don dey there, let another girl cross too. Hian!
Re: Can I Get Married To Her Now Or It’s Too Early? by rumenase(m): 2:06pm On Nov 13, 2022
humility101:

Advice me please.

look for a Nigerian girl in the Uk and marry her.
Re: Can I Get Married To Her Now Or It’s Too Early? by Nonexisting1: 2:08pm On Nov 13, 2022
Nigerian girls now have different lifestyles to suit different men that come their way. She has activated the one that suits abroad man and the mugu is seeing the exact picture he had hoped for. Nigga you are abroad so you can afford a private investigator but I believe that will be waste of resources because the outcome of doing that on Nigerian girls will always be the same.

4 Likes

Re: Can I Get Married To Her Now Or It’s Too Early? by CSTRR: 2:09pm On Nov 13, 2022
You absolutely need to investigate.

The best course of action is to get two or three different people living in her environment on your pay roll.

They will watch her for you and give you honest feedback.

That is what people do when they have something of value to monitor.

1 Like

Re: Can I Get Married To Her Now Or It’s Too Early? by GoooodHardDick: 2:19pm On Nov 13, 2022
Nazgul:
The mistake you made was telling her that you're in the UK. If you had told her you're in northern Nigeria and she still showed seriousness, you could have concluded that she's into you. Cos no girl who you tell that you're in UK, US or Canada would turn you down. You're like an answered prayer to them.

Humility101

Come and take this advice son and stop simping! Because your Simpson madness is on international level. You met a Nigerian hoe who belongs to the streets and you want to wife her ASAP? Omo where did you simp men came out from Abeg?

1 Like

Re: Can I Get Married To Her Now Or It’s Too Early? by GoooodHardDick: 2:20pm On Nov 13, 2022
eastgates1:
If i were you i would find one nigerian in the uk to wife. All this long distance thing no make sense because one skelewu go dey mekwe her since you no dey around. And make e no be say you big mouth for her say you dey jand.

Humility101 better listen to the advise these honourable comrade are telling you
Re: Can I Get Married To Her Now Or It’s Too Early? by Clinghton: 2:23pm On Nov 13, 2022
You haven't had physical contact with her only through phone , look before you leap.
Re: Can I Get Married To Her Now Or It’s Too Early? by ObalendeCMS: 2:23pm On Nov 13, 2022
Ah! Naija girls life don finish.

@Op, please don’t do it.
Re: Can I Get Married To Her Now Or It’s Too Early? by GoooodHardDick: 2:27pm On Nov 13, 2022
BigDawsNet:

Take this and try it...

I'm the States and I will never ever thing of getting a wife from Nigeria when we have over 120m single ladies here..

You can't really no the true nature of who you dealing with... when you guys hav not met physically...

You can test her by telling her... you hav just been transferred from the UK to resume in Ivory Coast for a job... and that will be your home of residence until futhers notice...

Focus on the test... and try to study her response and reaction towards the news...

The result of the test will give you everything you need to make a decision

Good luck

Humility101

Ivory coast is even better. Just tell her you've been transferred to Northern Nigeria or countries like Togo, Kenya or mali and that will be your permanent place. Then relax and watch her reaction. Bro two seconds that girl will not only stop giving you attention but will dump you ASAP.

You want to convert a Nigerian street hoe to a wife? You must be an international simp. You better marry a white lady over there or look for a sane Nigerian girl who's a British citizen and get married to her.
Re: Can I Get Married To Her Now Or It’s Too Early? by tunnex190: 2:29pm On Nov 13, 2022
Met online 2 months ago and you are planning wedding already grin grin.

1 Like

Re: Can I Get Married To Her Now Or It’s Too Early? by mctech(m): 2:35pm On Nov 13, 2022
shege45:
let me advise u. When coming back, surprise her, dnt let her know you are coming back. Once you see her, check her phone then you will know if she is only for you. If she says her phone is private and doesn’t give you, just knack am den free am, Cus shez for us
Gbam!
Even when you are living nearby and seeing regularly, ladies (and guys too) still have terrible secret lives and pasts. Let alone someone you have never seen before.
Your family saw her once and concluded she is a good girl. ����
She MAY be o.
But every marriage is a gamble, but yours seems to be the riskiest.

Try to see if you can get into her social media accounts (there are guys here that can do that for you), and her phone too.
If you believe in prayer or have someone who can do that for, please do.

Do everything to know her real person. Never be carried away by her words and actions. Even Jezebel want to marry, let alone japa.
Re: Can I Get Married To Her Now Or It’s Too Early? by promami: 2:37pm On Nov 13, 2022
Bro you're rushing things really and there's no guarantee that she'll not serve you breakfast once she gets to UK.
Put her loyalty to test and see what kind of stuff she's made up of.

You can claim that you've lost your job, things are tough for you. You're now squatting with a friend.
Then get another friend of yours to torment her life with relationship request while showing off riches and a promise of bringing her to UK. If you wanna do this, it has to be a friend you trust oo.

There's no way you can guarantee she's not into you if not of what she'd gain unless you test her loyalty.
If she pass your test and stand by you for the next 3 to 6 months, you can wife her.
For now, abort that her dreams of using you as a means to japa and better her family life.
Re: Can I Get Married To Her Now Or It’s Too Early? by ExudeLoveToAll: 2:45pm On Nov 13, 2022
hifocus:

No girl. Why do you people like to conclude so blindly? You've never met anyone who's so different ehn?

You should know that the Crux of his message is that people tend to accept you when they know what they stand to benefit in the relationship and not that no girl that was highlighted.

Him giving a reference of Northern Nigeria was to lower his social stratification and see the real interest exuding from her.

That no girl is just a way to catch cruise.
Re: Can I Get Married To Her Now Or It’s Too Early? by IamMobisola(f): 2:45pm On Nov 13, 2022
humility101:

Advice me please.

Since according to you people overseas, women in Nigeria want to use you as a japa tactics, why not just look for someone over there and stop disturbing our peace?

2 Likes

Re: Can I Get Married To Her Now Or It’s Too Early? by Afolashade00(f): 2:47pm On Nov 13, 2022
humility101:

Advice me please.

I read alot of comments already. Let me tell you something not all ladies are bad . Alot of guys here have condemned Nigeria ladies.

I know what you're going through and I'm in such situation. I only FaceTime with this person just like what you do with your gf and also talked to his peeps too and I can tell you for free I'm not tangled with any guy here. I don't know her status tho but I'm just trying to be positive here, the world is just too negative. There are sane ladies out there, nurturers, good girls who will cherish what they have, keep their bodies and legs closed to focus on the right guy.
Everyone finds love in different places, not everyone will date or marry people around, some of us will definitely do distance relationships and by God's grace I hope it works. So don't let anyone tell you what to do, figure things out yourself , come home, see her , trust your instincts, talk to God, listen to her, engage her in different conversations and you can do your research low-key in you want.

Shalom

Re: Can I Get Married To Her Now Or It’s Too Early? by babavik: 2:47pm On Nov 13, 2022
shege45:
let me advise u. When coming back, surprise her, dnt let her know you are coming back. Once you see her, check her phone then you will know if she is only for you. If she says her phone is private and doesn’t give you, just knack am den free am, Cus shez for us

Bros abeg take this advice.
Re: Can I Get Married To Her Now Or It’s Too Early? by IamMobisola(f): 2:53pm On Nov 13, 2022
Savedday:
Baba, when u marry her reach UK, na she go throw u out of your own home and make you homeless.

9ja girls and pretending are 5&6.

Very useless and wicked...... All of them.

And they don't love.

And who says girls in the UK too won’t throw him out of his own house and make him homeless? Just say you haven’t see such cases before.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Get Married To Her Now Or It’s Too Early? by ACE1010: 2:53pm On Nov 13, 2022
[quote author=SPAMBOX7 post=118347952]Lol even American girl go dump you for half of those tests, talk more of the hunger infested hoes here cheesy
[/quote

grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Can I Get Married To Her Now Or It’s Too Early? by remsonik(f): 2:54pm On Nov 13, 2022
Get married if you want to and God will give you a happy home, all the advice you get here is just to turn your back against a happy home. Pray unto God to give you the right revelations on who to marry and when to get married and it is well with you in Jesus name
Re: Can I Get Married To Her Now Or It’s Too Early? by LordReed(m): 2:56pm On Nov 13, 2022
humility101:

Advice me please.

I'll never advice anyone to marry a person they've never actually spent any time getting to know. Marriage is not something you jump into just because you feel good, you need to know if the person you are marrying is actually the kind of person you want to live with and if it's a consideration, the kind of person you want to have kids with.
Re: Can I Get Married To Her Now Or It’s Too Early? by Cde1: 2:57pm On Nov 13, 2022
You decide
Re: Can I Get Married To Her Now Or It’s Too Early? by Elsueno: 3:00pm On Nov 13, 2022
humility101:

Advice me please.

She already knows all of ur cards dat she needed....While u know almost nothing except she's got 'qualities' grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

How To Reduce Hook-ups In Nigeria / How Did Porn Impact Your Marriage? / My Wedding; You Are All Invited.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.