Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,400 members, 7,815,872 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

Can I Get Married To Her Now Or It’s Too Early? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can I Get Married To Her Now Or It’s Too Early? (34365 Views)

Conjoined Twins Abby And Brittany Hensel Get Married To An Army Veteran (video) / Sex Education To A 6year Old Girl: Is It Too Early? / Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Get Married To Her Now Or It’s Too Early? by webincomeplus(m): 11:19am On Nov 13, 2022
humility101:
I met this lovely lady (30 yo) online 2 months ago. She is in Nigeria and I’m in the Uk. We have been actively chatting, phoning and having lots of facetime. She’s got all they qualities I need in a wife. She has also gone to see my peeps once and they said nice things about her.

I’m planning on wedding her this Christmas and she can join me immediately (UK can be very lonely without a partner) on a dependent visa.

But sometimes I pause and ask myself, I hope I’m not rushing this whole thing? I hope she is not pretending to be nice? I hope she truly loves me? I hope she is not seeing me as a means to japa? A lot of questions going through my mind. This is marriage and I don’t wanna make mistakes.

Advice me please.

What I'll advise is this: Don't be in a rush to take her over to the UK. More importantly, tell her she'll need to give you more time after your marriage before you'd take her over. Then watch her reactions to that. Her reactions might reveal her real motives.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Get Married To Her Now Or It’s Too Early? by Oche211(m): 11:22am On Nov 13, 2022
Lucrativress:

You guys are soo pessimistic
No one knows her here o but all have negative things to say about her

Lol... I know you will support her. Bunch of gold diggers. Imagine the guy is not in UK. Will the relationship take this dimensions?

5 Likes

Re: Can I Get Married To Her Now Or It’s Too Early? by Idamond: 11:23am On Nov 13, 2022
humility101
considering her age she's not for the japa or money...
if you love her you marry her.
not everyone was meant to be in a forever relationship before getting married, have seen someone that met a lady one month later they got married..

destinies are different....
leave your emotions and logics, if she's your speck strike ASAP and thank me later.
secondly don't rush taken her to the UK, allow her to fill relief and also to mingle with your family before taken her.. u can process her visa from 3 quarter of next year..

congratulations in advance...

2 Likes

Re: Can I Get Married To Her Now Or It’s Too Early? by nnamdiosu(m): 11:24am On Nov 13, 2022
humility101:
I met this lovely lady (30 yo) online 2 months ago. She is in Nigeria and I’m in the Uk. We have been actively chatting, phoning and having lots of facetime. She’s got all they qualities I need in a wife. She has also gone to see my peeps once and they said nice things about her.

I’m planning on wedding her this Christmas and she can join me immediately (UK can be very lonely without a partner) on a dependent visa.

But sometimes I pause and ask myself, I hope I’m not rushing this whole thing? I hope she is not pretending to be nice? I hope she truly loves me? I hope she is not seeing me as a means to japa? A lot of questions going through my mind. This is marriage and I don’t wanna make mistakes.

Advice me please.

How many years did you school in the university?
How many years did you school in your secondary school?

If these things that are temporary took at least 20 years to study, hoe much more an individual you'll leave with for the rest of your life?

If you've seen a marriage gone bad, you'll bear the brief loneliness to understand the person.

It was those days, you could meet s person this week and get married the next week and things can move smoothly.
But these days.....

Bros calm down.
Good things take time to build.
Pm me for more counselling if you have more to share.

God bless you

2 Likes

Re: Can I Get Married To Her Now Or It’s Too Early? by baby124: 11:24am On Nov 13, 2022
Don’t take advise from anyone that abbreviates their words. There are teenagers on this platform who believe they are old enough for marriage and try to advise their fathers and mothers. The only way you can decide if someone is for you is to spend time with them.

Go to Nigeria, fly her over for a visit, go to vacation together. Go with an open mind and give it 6 months to a year. Don’t waste too much time, most girls have multiple suitors. She should also be expected to keep her options open because you have not expressed your intentions to marry her yet! What if you decide she’s not for you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Get Married To Her Now Or It’s Too Early? by Raalsalghul: 11:24am On Nov 13, 2022
Given how opportunistic and materialistic Nigerian ladies can be, I wouldn't advise this move.

So, just like some posters before me, pretend your fortunes are about to change for the worst and watch her reaction.

Also, why can't you get women in the U.K even if it's just for sex only?

2 Likes

Re: Can I Get Married To Her Now Or It’s Too Early? by Princeokwuego1(m): 11:25am On Nov 13, 2022
Blackdeewhy:
Dear OP, I hope you will see my comment.
You see this life we are, there is no MANUAL TO HAPPY ENDING. We are all just trying to be a better person. That being said, corting a lady for over a year or two nor for several years DOES NOT guarantee a happy home.
My former flat mate got intimate on the very first day she met her now husband and as luck will have it they are now together in UK as husband and wife.if you like follow woman talk but remember we warn youv..when you bring her come uk you go understand..never you follow a woman talk!. am begging you now!!
Don't let ANYBODY tell you otherwise.
If you feel the urge to wife her right here and now, kindly go ahead and let love leads you.
Do not waste her time or your emossions about some umcertainty when life itself is not promising.
The most important thing, if she makes you happy, your happiness worth IT ALL.
Cheeres
Re: Can I Get Married To Her Now Or It’s Too Early? by darthv: 11:25am On Nov 13, 2022
humility101:

Advice me please.

You found a lady online lolz.

Omo, first thing first does she have a job,
Don't ever wife a woman that doesn't have a verified source of income.

If she is young, is she staying with her parents?
Girls who are in their 20-30 and still have strong affiliation with their immediate families are the best.

Hook up girls full every where o.

And leeches

3 Likes

Re: Can I Get Married To Her Now Or It’s Too Early? by babzlim(m): 11:27am On Nov 13, 2022
humility101:

Advice me please.

if you have an elder brother or younger brother let him go to the area she lives and make some findings about her.

but he has to be smart � and intelligent.
Re: Can I Get Married To Her Now Or It’s Too Early? by Lucrativress(f): 11:29am On Nov 13, 2022
Oche211:

Lol... I know you will support her. Bunch of gold diggers. Imagine the guy is not in UK. Will the relationship take this dimensions?
grin lolll
If I don't dig gold, I wander what you expect me to dig
Panda? grin
Re: Can I Get Married To Her Now Or It’s Too Early? by Killermamba: 11:30am On Nov 13, 2022
humility101:

Advice me please.

Brother you will never know, just follow your heart and prays for God guardians
Re: Can I Get Married To Her Now Or It’s Too Early? by Lucrativress(f): 11:31am On Nov 13, 2022
darthv:

You found a lady online lolz.

Omo, first thing first does she have a job,
Don't ever wife a woman that doesn't have a verified source of income.

If she is young, is she staying with her parents?
Girls who are in their 20-30 and still have strong affiliation with their immediate families are the best.

Hook up girls full every where o.

And leeches
I have just heard another new one grin
1st paragraph share brain
2nd one
E no add up
So ladies not living under their parents roof are...
Better stop generalising grin

1 Like

Re: Can I Get Married To Her Now Or It’s Too Early? by loffyloffy: 11:32am On Nov 13, 2022
If your mind is in agreement, go ahead and marry her..

I am not guaranteeing you that everything will be perfect, No..but if you like wait for 10 years to marry her...it is still not a guarantee.

Ideally a lady at 30, will appreciate the opportunity to be married, and is more likely to be in the mind frame for marriage, japa or not japa..that is ideally..

Every relationship is a risk, but most comes with there pleasurable and worthwhile period..You can't go about living your life in fear, as no relationship is guaranteed.

So if you.are ready, take the plunge, this may just be the one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Get Married To Her Now Or It’s Too Early? by GEEBITE: 11:33am On Nov 13, 2022
My friend is in a deep dark place now. One of the most heart rending stories of this manner. He left for UK same day we finished high school with us feeling like we have been left behind. When we got reunited in 2009 after I moved to UK,he was in a mess and has wasted about 15years of his life as a result of mixing up with wrong folks. Through a well heeled classmate of ours we were able to get him to fix his life again and he started doing well running an auto garage.
He took the advice of his mum bringing a girl in from Nigeria. Now his world has crumbled again. DNA has revealed the child he thought was his is for another man. He lost it totally and that has led to him losing his house to that lady and mounting debts in mortgage and compulsory family upkeep has led to mental breakdown. How can a life crumbled twice before 50. It is really a sad one.
pocohantas:

Your friend go dey alright grin.

They don’t separate/divorce there?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Get Married To Her Now Or It’s Too Early? by Lucrativress(f): 11:35am On Nov 13, 2022
nnamdiosu:

How many years did you school in the university?
How many years did you school in your secondary school?

If these things that are temporary took at least 20 years to study, hoe much more an individual you'll leave with for the rest of your life?

If you've seen a marriage gone bad, you'll bear the brief loneliness to understand the person.

It was those days, you could meet s person this week and get married the next week and things can move smoothly.
But these days.....

Bros calm down.
Good things take time to build.
Pm me for more counselling if you have more to share.

God bless you
Calm what down biko?
He needs mental wisdom to decipher the kind of person she is.
Wipe he should coman waste time, she is 30 fa
He should start taking note of things, if he is smart he'll know her, he has to be able to read her mind as much as he can.

Either leave her now or marry her if she is good.
She is not getting younger....

1 Like

Re: Can I Get Married To Her Now Or It’s Too Early? by Lucrativress(f): 11:37am On Nov 13, 2022
GEEBITE:
My friend is in a deep dark place now. One of the most heart rending stories of this manner. He left for UK same day we finished high school with us feeling like we have been left behind. When we got reunited in 2009 after I moved to UK,he was in a mess and has wasted about 15years of his life as a result of mixing up with wrong folks. Through a well heeled classmate of ours we were able to get him to fix his life again and he started doing well running an auto garage.
He took the advice of his mum bringing a girl in from Nigeria. Now his world has crumbled again. DNA has revealed the child he thought was his is for another man. He lost it totally and that has led to him losing his house to that lady and mounting debts in mortgage and compulsory family upkeep has led to mental breakdown. How can a life crumbled twice before 50. It is really a sad one.

The earlier we start understanding that an ample amount of Nigerian men are not soo wise, the better.
I'm sorry if this seems like an insult
But when it comes to spousal selections, they're less intelligent..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Get Married To Her Now Or It’s Too Early? by kologba: 11:39am On Nov 13, 2022
humility101:

Advice me please.

get are weded here in NIGERIA... Make sure she got kids for you here in NIGERIA.. after the two babies take her to u.k permanently....which means u will marry her and take her to ur family house if u have father or mother.... Don't try that nonsense of taking a lady that has not got baby for you to abroad....u will end up counting ur losses....japa na 90% youth mindset for nigeria o
Re: Can I Get Married To Her Now Or It’s Too Early? by Lastborn0074: 11:41am On Nov 13, 2022
falcon01:
As a Man, you are always gonna be used.
That been said, test her that your stay in UK is abruptly coming to an end tell her some of your things are gone you are broke and only have things for minimal sustainance tell her you are coming back to Nigeria and you don't think you are going back to UK but back in Nigeria you can have a house, marry and sustain yourself. And notice if her attitudes towards you changes, watch how she comforts and consoles you, notice if she's genuinely concerned about your situation, go like 5 days without calling her and see if she's calling e.t.c Note tell her all those things on different occasions, gradually gradually and see if she draws back.
GOOD METHOD OF TESTING HER SINCERITY.
Re: Can I Get Married To Her Now Or It’s Too Early? by PisciMan: 11:41am On Nov 13, 2022
GEEBITE:

Damn.

1 Like

Re: Can I Get Married To Her Now Or It’s Too Early? by ObosiUkwalla: 11:43am On Nov 13, 2022
Ireportlive:
No rules to this game... Just pray about it and seek spiritual guidance

U go fear baby urchin giving advice na

1 Like

Re: Can I Get Married To Her Now Or It’s Too Early? by abbasajao(m): 11:43am On Nov 13, 2022
Bro? Nairaland comments will deny you your happiness if care is not taking. Not everyone is unlucky and lucky when it's comes to marriage. I pray you will be lucky. Do the needful and continue to be happy.

Congratulations in advance.

1 Like

Re: Can I Get Married To Her Now Or It’s Too Early? by Spain007(m): 11:45am On Nov 13, 2022
shege45:
let me advise u. When coming back, surprise her, dnt let her know you are coming back. Once you see her, check her phone then you will know if she is only for you. If she says her phone is private and doesn’t give you, just knack am den free am, Cus shez for us

Definitely this advice will ruin the relationship cos no matured/active single unmarried lady is without any form of courtship/besties.
Re: Can I Get Married To Her Now Or It’s Too Early? by REALretep(m): 11:46am On Nov 13, 2022
humility101:

Advice me please.

You are obviously above 30 and want to get married as soon as possible because of the loneliness you feel. The points bolded above are very valid and you must get answers to them before getting married.

Bro... don't marry until you have cleared all your doubts. Getting married while still having doubts about the lady is not good for marriage as you can easily misinterprete little harmless things she does and thus cause harm to your marriage.

In summary, don't rush. Don't allow anyone or even your feelings to rush you. Marriage is a lifetime commitment that can make or mar you. Take your time in getting to know her until your gut feeling/instincts give you a thumbs up to go ahead to wife her.
God can help you too...ask Him to help you
Re: Can I Get Married To Her Now Or It’s Too Early? by Lucrativress(f): 11:46am On Nov 13, 2022
Raalsalghul:
Given how opportunistic and materialistic Nigerian ladies can be, I wouldn't advise this move.

So, just like some posters before me, pretend your fortunes are about to change for the worst and watch her reaction.

Also, why can't you get women in the U.K even if it's just for sex only?

Which kin advise is this?
If any man tells me his fortune is about to change for the worst.

1st that's so so pessimistic, that's a whole lot of negative energy which is a psychological irritant to me. I won't even hide it, like so who do you want to drag into trenches? Boya you should get better first ooo...

But if he comes out with it this way.
Babe, I've got a bit of an issue, there's been a downsize, I got layed off, had to pinch into my savings quite a little bit much but I'm working on it.
I'd be coming back to the Country, I've still got just a little of my savings, I have few options I'm presently checking, could we talk about this, I need you, I know it's not what you want to hear but we could work it out together I'm sure.

A lady who is wise and willing to stay would do her mental calculations well by analysing his financial intelligence.
Not looking at his current finances but on a long run.

One who is after his money will drop him immediately, one who is after growth will get her thesis right and see he is a moving Train, who could slow down at some bends but keep moving.
Re: Can I Get Married To Her Now Or It’s Too Early? by Savvy19: 11:47am On Nov 13, 2022
Don't allow Nigeria happen to you

3 Likes

Re: Can I Get Married To Her Now Or It’s Too Early? by Nobody: 11:49am On Nov 13, 2022
humility101:

Advice me please.

She's got all the qualities you need in a wife, then I ask myself is it really possible to know someone's quality through active chatting, phoning and lots of face time without spending real time with the person?

can you really judge a person from the Internet? because it is very easy for me become anyone on the internet.

Don't surprise her with your visit, tell her that you are coming?

As for looking into her phone, you can do that later.

my own is, spend real time with her to find out if she is for real.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Get Married To Her Now Or It’s Too Early? by Opirlo: 11:53am On Nov 13, 2022
U can test her sincerity by playing a prank on her that u've been deported back to Nigeria on ground of new UK foreign policy against immigrants. U will finally settle in Nigeria nd get a job then Wait nd see wonder. Pls thank me later
Re: Can I Get Married To Her Now Or It’s Too Early? by gigdip999(m): 11:53am On Nov 13, 2022
First of all most 9ja both male and female want to japa. She one tell me say from 18 to 30 years she is now she didnt any man in 9ja to marry her, then there is something wrong with her. She went to meet ur family so do u expect to show her self or pretend she is good? Well if u ask me, its a No No! cos to marry na for life. just find a good 9ja over there

1 Like

Re: Can I Get Married To Her Now Or It’s Too Early? by Nobody: 11:53am On Nov 13, 2022
pocohantas:

Your friend go dey alright grin.

They don’t separate/divorce there?

Chai. Make the guy go broke abi?
Re: Can I Get Married To Her Now Or It’s Too Early? by Nobody: 11:54am On Nov 13, 2022
Ndubuisipaul1:
Why do men think they are doing women favor in marriage. She is also taking risk in marring someone she has not met before.. How is sure you truly love her? Both of you are taking risk

Even the ladies here will marvel at this your comment. Dey there make trouser dey wear you.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

How To Reduce Hook-ups In Nigeria / Guys And Their Lies / My Wedding; You Are All Invited.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.