Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,230 members, 7,815,295 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad (49717 Views)

Rev Esther Ajayi Praises MC Oluomo, Leads Him To Greet Obasanjo, Ooni And Others / Rev Esther Prays For God To Touch Prophet Israel Genesis' Heart / Bishop Oyedepo Lays Hands On Rev Esther Ajayi, Prays For Her (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by BloomingDale(f): 2:27pm On Dec 03, 2022
Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by alvan06(m): 2:27pm On Dec 03, 2022
deepwater:
lol

people with N500,000 naira in their account are better than a lot of people abroad.

you see that line above? the rich have used it so many times to supress the poor from making any tangible advancement out of poverty (Nigeria).

500k would pay an average rent per month in the western world.
500k would pay average annual rent in Lagos
so how is a poor person in Lagos better off ?

let say you earn €1600 monthly and you pay 400 to 600€ rent a month then gas, water ,condominium will surely take up to €300 think of feeding fuel ⛽️ or tickets to work before you feed them family and friends who now thinks that you live in heaven will be frowning with that you’re not sending something o,bros the only difference between Nigeria and abroad is security,electricity and maybe freedom.

2 Likes

Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by Chris2863(m): 2:28pm On Dec 03, 2022
deepwater:
lol

people with N500,000 naira in their account are better than a lot of people abroad.

you see that line above? the rich have used it so many times to supress the poor from making any tangible advancement out of poverty (Nigeria).

500k would pay an average rent per month in the ;Dwestern world.

your analysis is quite funny. The question now is, how much is an average rent in Lagos for a month and how much is an average rent in the Western in a month

To you, you sounded very intelligent with the above analysis grin
Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by Gerrard59(m): 2:28pm On Dec 03, 2022
She made great points, but again, like I have stated here countless times, people will always consider economics first before societal values and self-being. Nigerians need to read about the Maslow Hierarchy of Needs to understand better why people do what they do.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by erico2k2(m): 2:31pm On Dec 03, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Congrats brother and sorry for the ugly experience. Most likely, you left for the States before i did cheesy. I left in 2004 for schooling in upstate NY. I used to visit Dallas in TX back then where I had a friend. There's also a course mate who got employed in TX correctional centre the one at Nazareth. He later left cos of distance. I came back after my studies though i worked for a short while. It was while on the job I saw the opportunity and we're doing pretty fine in Nigeria today.

I'm really not against the japa time but my question is, is it worth it and on what purpose? And if you eventually japa, look for opportunities and bring it home. Market over there is saturated while Nigeria is a virgin land of loaded opportunities

All the best.
Thats another gains when you Japa, Ideas and skills, then you hustle start up money return invest and smile.people go thin say nah Juju

1 Like

Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by shegzhkn: 2:32pm On Dec 03, 2022
Eriokanmi:
We're doing well in my company. I'm an employer too and i put food at the table of my staff. I schooled , worked for a short while and came back home with the opportunity which had brought me into a limelight today. All thanks to God Almighty. My profession had taken me to DAAR Hall in DC where Barak Obama was the host

My uncle who encouraged me to toe his path is a multi billionaire today. Google Xantrex Engineering .he's the sole distributor for West Africa. He left America after seeing the opportunity and came back home with it. Only a few banks and online-based companies in West Africa aren't enjoying his service. He saw the opportunity on his way back home one day when returning from Walmart where he was working as a storekeeper and grabbed it

Yeah, you are doing great but that is not the case for everybody you know that, but saying Nigeria is a better places is a bit of a stretch.

1 Like

Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by Alusiizizi(m): 2:33pm On Dec 03, 2022
deepwater:
lol

500k would pay an average rent per month in the western world.

Comments like these are the reason I don't ever bother offering advice to people. Tell them the truth and they will rebuke you, show them even video evidence and they will curse you and your generations, accusing you of being an "enemy of progress".
Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by Lukuluku69(m): 2:33pm On Dec 03, 2022
erico2k2:

I will still say this, yah problem is hear say and not do your proper research B4 just typing. If you ever lived abroad B4 you will know that the Homeless people are not normal people, they are sick or have drug dependency issues. Government in the west provided social housing free of charge for those who cant work. In General, the Homeless persons we talk about in the west are not those that go to work and cnt afford a house rather Unwell people who have lost the ability to actually live in a house. This was what I meant by people and persons embarrassing themselves, come on guys I'm sure you are brilliant enough to d a weee bit of research! and not assuming. Not everything you see on Movies is real

Thanks for the information about the homeless people in the West.

So, most or all are Junkies, Mental Cases and what have you. It is Ok

And Films and Music are portrayals of a Society. They more often than not potray Society and it's way.

It is true I have not lived abroad before but I am damn sure that not all homeless people are Junkies and mental cases.

I have been oppourtuned to live in Lagos, Abuja, Kano and Kaduna. The homeless in these major cities are "migrants" workers in these City searching for a better lives. It will amaze you that their numbers dropped significantly when you move in to the hinterlands of Nigeria.

It is also true that our Government never provide Social Housing for anyone but one thing you should know is that these Social assiatnce put in place in the Western world did not arrive in a day. It takes time and surely Africa nay Nigeria will get their someday.

I still repeat, if you have the means to leave, please do so by all means andif you want to stay, please do.

I usually don't listen to these pontifications from people who have made a lot of money either abriad or in Nigeria telling people not to leave.

If you look at the Sister Ajayi now, she probably have at least 4-5 houses in America, her kids in America and spend more time in America than Nigeria yet they will tell you not to go to the same America

5 Likes

Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by erico2k2(m): 2:34pm On Dec 03, 2022
alvan06:
let say you earn €1600 monthly and you pay 400 to 600€ rent a month then gas, water ,condominium will surely take up to €300 think of feeding fuel ⛽️ or tickets to work before you feed them family and friends who now thinks that you live in heaven will be frowning with that you’re not sending something o,bros the only difference between Nigeria and abroad is security,electricity and maybe freedom.
Your assumption is flawed, and you are not close to anyone abroad ,let me tell you those who live in that bracket you mentioned paying such rent do not pay any utility bills its all-inclusive as they rent rooms in a shared accommodation, the next thing they pay for is t fare to work and feeding.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by erico2k2(m): 2:36pm On Dec 03, 2022
Lukuluku69:

Thanks for the information about the homeless people in the West.

So, most or all are Junkies, Mental Cases and what have you. It is Ok

And Films and Music are portrayals of a Society. They more often than not potray Society and it's way.

It is true I have not lived abroad before but I am damn sure that not all homeless people are Junkies and mental cases.

I have been oppourtuned to live in Lagos, Abuja, Kano and Kaduna. The homeless in these major cities are "migrants" workers in these City searching for a better lives. It will amaze you that their numbers dropped significantly when you move in to the hinterlands of Nigeria.

It is also true that our Government never provide Social Housing for anyone but one thing you should know is that these Social assiatnce put in place in the Western world did not arrive in a day. It takes time and surely Africa nay Nigeria will get their someday.

I still repeat, if you have the means to leave, please do so by all means andif you want to stay, please do.

I usually don't listen to these pontifications from people who have made a lot of money either abriad or in Nigeria telling people not to leave.

If you look at the Sister Ajayi now, she probably have at least 4-5 houses in America, her kids in America and spend more time in America than Nigeria yet they will tell you not to go to the same America
Ofcos all the well to do and enlightened people in Nigeria have their kids schooling abroad or living there. And waht I told you of homeless people is true, I have lived in England 22 years and aint playing!
Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by Gerrard59(m): 2:36pm On Dec 03, 2022
080bjaked:

This statement is wrong on many levels. Infact as a bank branch mgr with 1m savings, you still aren't better than a warehouse operative in the UK

C'mon! Let's be honest with ourselves. A bank manager in Nigeria has better life prospects than a UK ware house operative. Besides, that is an apple-to-orange comparison. A better comparison will be a bank manager in Nigeria to a banker in the UK. That is how you compare two things.

3 Likes

Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by Eriokanmi: 2:37pm On Dec 03, 2022
shegzhkn:

Yeah, you are doing great but that is not the case for everybody you know that, but saying Nigeria is a better places is a bit of a stretch.
You're right...staying in Nigeria could be a stretch. I drank the garri for 6 months I won't lie . But after 6 months, it became history. Just check out the big and mighty, those shaking the world today, they had it rough at start. Only the courageous can bite the bullet. But I was prepared foe all the challenges. Even my friends were laughing when I told them I was leaving. Today, it's a much different story

1 Like

Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by GboyegaD(m): 2:43pm On Dec 03, 2022
sharpwriter:

Really? All these things just dey look like film trick. Which kain devil dey that abroad sef wey dey break marriages

Modified: I don't know which is more painful, the divorce or the thought that the woman never loved him or has fallen out of love, hence, the relocation is an avenue to reveal very deep hidden secret that could have remained buried for years or forever had it been there was nothing like abroad angry
Damn grin

Cc: Angelfrost
odemeetu1
id4sho
Asour

Don't let such stories discourage you. There are Nigerians abroad who's been married over 4 decades and are happy. May your partner because of who they are and not the perks that comes with their person.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by Yomit71(m): 2:43pm On Dec 03, 2022
yesloaded:

But I've seen a lady who goes first then file for her husband and both of them living happily
Be giving useless excuse up and down.
Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by Lukuluku69(m): 2:45pm On Dec 03, 2022
erico2k2:

Ofcos all the well to do and enlightened people in Nigeria have their kids schooling abroad or living there. And waht I told you of homeless people is true, I have lived in England 22 years and aint playing!

Good to know that you spent quite a lot of time in the UK.

I had chances to do same but I did not considered it at all.

I never begrudged anyone that want to leave. A friend of mine ( he has been in America for 23 years and counting) once told me that America is a land of opportunities. He said you will always find something to do and if you are good at it, you will make money. He also said that, were the opportunities the same in Nigeria and America, he will choose to remain in Nigeria.

Our so called Leaders made it so with active connivance of the Western Powers.

In all of these, we all can't leave Nigeria. That is not possible. So, whoever is with the ways and means to leave, let them do so. And if you belong to #TeamWeDieHere by all means stay!

Every society do have what it offers in terms of human development index and also have some drawbacks.
Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by Gerrard59(m): 2:45pm On Dec 03, 2022
drakeli:
It’s true but at what cost for the husband? After different men don nack their wives before they could get paper to invite their husbands

There are skilled migrant routes. Not every woman behaves like the ones in your life. New-generation migrants tend to be more skilled or follow legal routes than previous migrants as illegal migrants' loopholes have been closed.
Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by GboyegaD(m): 2:46pm On Dec 03, 2022
Zimzy:
I agree with her. It is not healthy for new couples from Nigeria to travel to settle in any of the liberal countries where their quest for human rights has eroded the foundations of true family life. As soon as you relocate somebody's eyes might open and your marriage becomes endangered. May God help as many whose marriages is passing through a rough season because of relocation.

Relocation isn't the cause of issues in marriage. It only amplifies that the marriage was out of comfort and not love. I know many men try to adjust and some don't, and their marriage are working.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by Nwaajasa: 2:47pm On Dec 03, 2022
Oblongata:
I know a lot of broke people with little or no opportunity to travel will masturbate on this thread!

Naija or Abroad, marriage wey go crash go crash.

If your woman get money pass you for naija na the same shege wey she go show you for abroad she go show you for here.

My brother! Forget Obi, Atiku or BAT, none of them can save Nigeria, if you get the levels, JAPA!!!
Naija or Abroad, marriage wey go crash go crash. You said it all and I love people that reason well before commenting
Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by megastu(m): 2:47pm On Dec 03, 2022
Only one you know? Its over common now. It is not surprising. The world is becoming, increasingly selfish. Most times it is not about the love or lack of love they have for themselves. Its just that the transactional nature of marriages only starts to wane after 10 years together. At that stage, you are now used to your partner after living with him/her for that long. You get really attached.
StagethemTVee:
I know of a newly married couple with a baby who decided the wife should leave first and she wrote the man it was over after getting there. He is yet to get over it.

1 Like

Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by SIRTee15: 2:49pm On Dec 03, 2022
Eriokanmi:
There's a couple in similar shoes right now. They married newly and travelled to USA together for studies. They both resigned from their paying Jobs. The wife was earning close to 400k after tax in a bank. On getting to America, their plans changed. They didn't report to school instead, they were working with someone else's Sola-Sola meaning the social security. 4 years down the line, their arrangee wedding they're into, in order to get papers isn't working out. The husband attended 2 interviews with his akata arrangee wife for his green card but none was successful and once this happens, na only miracle remain. The wife too tried but didn't work and time dey go. The wife has been behaving funny lately. She's planning to relocate to another state now, to commence her life independently during which she'd be looking for how to get papers. They've got no kids yet.

Nigeria is a much better place. We just need to fix leadership issues. Once we get it right, those in the Diaspora will throng Nigeria. Forget those good looks on WhatsApp and Facebook, nice environment, etc...just ask them for 100usd and they'd either block you or decline to respond to your subsequent requests. It's not so easy as people think. I don live there before during my school days. I always say this so no neef to start the story again.

Whoever wishes to go should go and see things. Make sure you look for opportunities and bring it home sharply as most of us did. There's a proverb in yoruba which says, if you tey too long on top shiit, na different species of flies go dey meet you there. Most of those who schooled and graduated over there have now turned agents to their alma mater, advertising their unis to Nigerians for a stipend called commission...Where's the job?

For every one bad story of Nigerians abroad, there are hundreds of successful story.
One will think all Nigerians in UK are suffering and regretting, yet the beautiful estate I live has many well established young naija couples. Guess the mortgage- 350 thousand pound upward.
Developed countries still remain the best place to attain solid middle class status early in your career and accumulate enough funds to fulfil your goals.
Yes Nigeria is the place to become a millionaire and very influential. Something those abroad can achieve faster if they eventually relocate with enough cash and needed skills.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by Gerrard59(m): 2:51pm On Dec 03, 2022
happney65:
I don't care what this pastor woman says but I just want to share something that looks like this.

I know of a person doing very well here with his three kids. Moved himself and the whole family to Australia. After a year or so not sure now. They are divorced there. It really pained the bros ooo. Still yet he still came home and married another woman from here. The lady went to Sydney just about two months ago.

I don't know why he still insisted on marrying a Nigerian and why he can't either stay alone or even marry an Australian. Anyways I wish him the best sha.

I really do cos na nice Bros

Cultural factors. It might be easy for someone young and single, but for mid-30s Nigerians, they prefer marrying other Nigerians and especially those from the same ethnic group/religion as they are. Besides, it is a normal thing to marry your kind all over the world. The percentage of interracial marriages is very low. Humans are naturally discriminatory.

2 Likes

Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by Epinbiz(m): 2:53pm On Dec 03, 2022
With cool business strategy 500k in you account and both of you are employed or have something doing definatley you will be better off.....
Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by 1Sharon(f): 2:53pm On Dec 03, 2022
odemeetu1:

Since the society dey so free and everything dey like damn easy, everybody dey misbehave direct..
Take for instance, My Anuty relocate there and the child mistakenly turn hot oil on herself this nonsense oyibo guys come say since the baby never sabi talk much my Anuty dey maltreat her, Her own child o And decide they go wan carry the child till she dey big enough to want to stay, I was like what... She fought that case ooo, thank God she got her child back,
So when you wan relocate, think of tax, think of you can't scold your child because she fit vex call social whatever for you���

Why was the baby near hot oil? Think am, that screams carelessness.

1 Like

Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by Gerrard59(m): 2:55pm On Dec 03, 2022
planetx:
Any Nigerian man going abroad especially to Western countries with his wife is taking a big risk. That system will change a African woman no matter how well grounded she seems in Nigeria, by the time she starts earning $£€ your eyes go see pepper

The same also happens in Nigeria. Money makes people assertive, the higher a woman earns money and higher than her husband's, the more assertive she becomes. It is a global phenomenon.

3 Likes

Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by Father4all: 2:59pm On Dec 03, 2022
Mumu woman. Na poverty go kee you
Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by Gerrard59(m): 3:02pm On Dec 03, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Congrats brother and sorry for the ugly experience. Most likely, you left for the States before i did cheesy. I left in 2004 for schooling in upstate NY. I used to visit Dallas in TX back then where I had a friend. There's also a course mate who got employed in TX correctional centre the one at Nazareth. He later left cos of distance. I came back after my studies though i worked for a short while. It was while on the job I saw the opportunity and we're doing pretty fine in Nigeria today.

I'm really not against the japa time but my question is, is it worth it and on what purpose? And if you eventually japa, look for opportunities and bring it home. Market over there is saturated while Nigeria is a virgin land of loaded opportunities

All the best.

This is much better than saying Malaysia is a poor country.
Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by Goodman247: 3:05pm On Dec 03, 2022
Angelfrost:

Such couples are better off divorced then.

I have on record several other couples that have remained married and even happier for decades since moving abroad.

Nigerians in Nigeria just pretend a lot because of the stigma attached to singleness and divorce...!

A lot of marriages in Nigeria today are more toxic and destructive than singleness! Fact!
l.like your comment, most marriages in Nigeria are toxic, people pretend, because of fear of stigma associated with divorce and singleness, that is why you hear husband killing wife or wife killing husband on the increase, white people dt do that, if it is not working they go thier separate ways,

1 Like

Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by 1Sharon(f): 3:08pm On Dec 03, 2022
Eriokanmi:
There's a couple in similar shoes right now. They married newly and travelled to USA together for studies. They both resigned from their paying Jobs. The wife was earning close to 400k after tax in a bank. On getting to America, their plans changed. They didn't report to school instead, they were working with someone else's Sola-Sola meaning the social security. 4 years down the line, their arrangee wedding they're into, in order to get papers isn't working out. The husband attended 2 interviews with his akata arrangee wife for his green card but none was successful and once this happens, na only miracle remain. The wife too tried but didn't work and time dey go. The wife has been behaving funny lately. She's planning to relocate to another state now, to commence her life independently during which she'd be looking for how to get papers. They've got no kids yet.

Nigeria is a much better place. We just need to fix leadership issues. Once we get it right, those in the Diaspora will throng Nigeria. Forget those good looks on WhatsApp and Facebook, nice environment, etc...just ask them for 100usd and they'd either block you or decline to respond to your subsequent requests. It's not so easy as people think. I don live there before during my school days. I always say this so no neef to start the story again.

Whoever wishes to go should go and see things. Make sure you look for opportunities and bring it home sharply as most of us did. There's a proverb in yoruba which says, if you tey too long on top shiit, na different species of flies go dey meet you there. Most of those who schooled and graduated over there have now turned agents to their alma mater, advertising their unis to Nigerians for a stipend called commission...Where's the job?
They went there and tried to commit marital fraud to fool the government, instead of focusing on school?

What were they expecting?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by arantess: 3:09pm On Dec 03, 2022
There are also people whose spouses travelled and they stayed strong until themselves joined up....

Different strokes for different folks
Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by Goodman247: 3:12pm On Dec 03, 2022
Life is about choices, you cannot tell somebody to Japka or not to Jakpa, nowhere is perfect, the Nigerian government cannot provide secirity, basic amenities like constant power supply or good roads to its citizens, economy is bad, etc

1 Like

Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by Gozac: 3:12pm On Dec 03, 2022
She is stating the obvious
Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by richie240: 3:15pm On Dec 03, 2022
Oga, shame of having nothing to show for all the years they've spent in obodo oyibo won't let them have d liver to come back.
You know how many ppl that can't dare leave Lagos and travel to the village during Christmas? How much more those living abroad.

Validated:

Suffering and smiling, yet they are not returning to Nigeria? What is a million naira sir?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Bishop Gwajima Sex Tape Leaks / Evelyn Joshua: Primate Ayodele Pays Condolence Visit To TB Joshua’s Widow / Pastor Poju Oyemade Deletes His Tweets After He was Attacked On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.