Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,323 members, 7,829,803 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

If You Could Only Eat One Food For The Rest Of Your Life, What Would That Be? - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / If You Could Only Eat One Food For The Rest Of Your Life, What Would That Be? (25946 Views)

One Food You Cannot Understand Why People Enjoy It. / What Is One Food You Could Not Live Without? Why? / If You Could Only Eat One Type Of Food, Everyday For The Rest Of Your Life, What (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Could Only Eat One Food For The Rest Of Your Life, What Would That Be? by juman(m): 10:18pm On Dec 07, 2022
Amala
Re: If You Could Only Eat One Food For The Rest Of Your Life, What Would That Be? by AndSunGorilla: 10:19pm On Dec 07, 2022
Gari and kulikuli.

1 Like

Re: If You Could Only Eat One Food For The Rest Of Your Life, What Would That Be? by Sammy5413(m): 10:21pm On Dec 07, 2022
Pussy
Re: If You Could Only Eat One Food For The Rest Of Your Life, What Would That Be? by Kaymansion(m): 10:27pm On Dec 07, 2022
Bread and tea with any of this butter, fried egg or beans
Re: If You Could Only Eat One Food For The Rest Of Your Life, What Would That Be? by bluefilm: 10:29pm On Dec 07, 2022
Agege bread.
Re: If You Could Only Eat One Food For The Rest Of Your Life, What Would That Be? by AlphaTaikun: 10:30pm On Dec 07, 2022
mariahAngel:
If you're allowed to choose only one food that you will eat for the rest of your life, what food would you choose?
(You're allowed to have ingredients)

For me, I would've chosen plantain, but since it's nutritionally deficient, I'll go with eggs.
How's it going mariahAngel?

Plantain is nutritionally deficient? Are you kiddin' me?

Fried rice and dodo (fried plantain) all the way babe... I'm addicted to the way the intense aroma of both foods caress my nasal nerve endings. grin cheesy

As a stand-alone food, I can eat dodo for life, worldwide!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Could Only Eat One Food For The Rest Of Your Life, What Would That Be? by oneclickng: 10:31pm On Dec 07, 2022
Asian toto
Re: If You Could Only Eat One Food For The Rest Of Your Life, What Would That Be? by vickydevoka(m): 10:32pm On Dec 07, 2022
Okro soap or oha soap n fufu or alibo
Re: If You Could Only Eat One Food For The Rest Of Your Life, What Would That Be? by Zeezenho: 10:34pm On Dec 07, 2022
Chicken salad with cheese

1 Like

Re: If You Could Only Eat One Food For The Rest Of Your Life, What Would That Be? by henry4991(m): 10:41pm On Dec 07, 2022
Puna and Fresh Kpekus
Re: If You Could Only Eat One Food For The Rest Of Your Life, What Would That Be? by mariahAngel(f): 10:45pm On Dec 07, 2022
AlphaTaikun:

How's it going mariahAngel?

Plantain is nutritionally deficient? Are you kiddin' me?

Fried rice and dodo (fried plantain) all the way babe... I'm addicted to the way the intense aroma of both foods caress my nasal nerve endings. grin cheesy

As a stand-alone food, I can eat dodo for life, worldwide!

Good evening to you, Mr Taikun. smiley

No, I'm not kidding.
As much as I love plantains, I still maintain that they're nutritionally deficient (as in, not having enough nutrients) but not lacking.
Aside that, I wouldn't mind having them for the rest of my life.
The aroma while frying plantains is to die for!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Could Only Eat One Food For The Rest Of Your Life, What Would That Be? by Teeroyzimma: 10:46pm On Dec 07, 2022
Kollins11:
Kpekus
even when the kpekus smell like soakaway

1 Like

Re: If You Could Only Eat One Food For The Rest Of Your Life, What Would That Be? by mariahAngel(f): 10:46pm On Dec 07, 2022
vickydevoka:
Okro soap or oha soap n fufu or alibo

Choose one naaa. grin
Re: If You Could Only Eat One Food For The Rest Of Your Life, What Would That Be? by mariahAngel(f): 10:56pm On Dec 07, 2022
Munzy14:

Everybody likes plantain..Due to its multipurpose nature.

You can pound as swallow.

You fry unripe/ripe.

Cook ripe/unripe and enjoy with any sauce.

Chips nko..

Even roasted..damn!

It is just a useful stuffs.

The harvest here is always sold out..And orders pour in massively especially this dry season.

I probably should've gone with my beloved plantains. cheesy
Re: If You Could Only Eat One Food For The Rest Of Your Life, What Would That Be? by Karnice600: 10:56pm On Dec 07, 2022
mariahAngel:
If you're allowed to choose only one food that you will eat for the rest of your life, what food would you choose?

For me, I would've chosen plantain, but since it's nutritionally deficient, I'll go with eggs.

soybean cakes

2 Likes

Re: If You Could Only Eat One Food For The Rest Of Your Life, What Would That Be? by mariahAngel(f): 10:58pm On Dec 07, 2022
Karnice600:

soybean cakes

Are those the ones they call awara?

1 Like

Re: If You Could Only Eat One Food For The Rest Of Your Life, What Would That Be? by Proudlyomonna: 11:05pm On Dec 07, 2022
Ofe Onugbu/Owerri with pounded yam.
Re: If You Could Only Eat One Food For The Rest Of Your Life, What Would That Be? by Melbrom(m): 11:14pm On Dec 07, 2022
Party jollof with turkey

1 Like

Re: If You Could Only Eat One Food For The Rest Of Your Life, What Would That Be? by Enemyofpeace: 11:16pm On Dec 07, 2022
Fried plantains and beans

1 Like

Re: If You Could Only Eat One Food For The Rest Of Your Life, What Would That Be? by Karnice600: 11:19pm On Dec 07, 2022
mariahAngel:

Are those the ones they call awara?

Yep
Re: If You Could Only Eat One Food For The Rest Of Your Life, What Would That Be? by blaquebelle: 11:20pm On Dec 07, 2022
CAKE!!!
Re: If You Could Only Eat One Food For The Rest Of Your Life, What Would That Be? by imagrg(m): 11:36pm On Dec 07, 2022
Amala plus ewedu soup with stew. With plenty of shrimps and sharki. tongue

1 Like

Re: If You Could Only Eat One Food For The Rest Of Your Life, What Would That Be? by MaverickA3: 11:40pm On Dec 07, 2022
Beans , Dodo, Corn, agbado, cassava and bla la bu la bla Blu
Re: If You Could Only Eat One Food For The Rest Of Your Life, What Would That Be? by jimcaddy(m): 11:41pm On Dec 07, 2022
That would be smoky not jollof rice. Goshhhh.... I love Jollof rice with a passion.

1 Like

Re: If You Could Only Eat One Food For The Rest Of Your Life, What Would That Be? by Emmizay12(m): 11:45pm On Dec 07, 2022
my wife
Re: If You Could Only Eat One Food For The Rest Of Your Life, What Would That Be? by Godmademan(m): 11:48pm On Dec 07, 2022
Dodo...

1 Like

Re: If You Could Only Eat One Food For The Rest Of Your Life, What Would That Be? by AlphaTaikun: 11:57pm On Dec 07, 2022
mariahAngel:

Good evening to you, Mr Taikun. smiley

No, I'm not kidding.

As much as I love plantains, I still maintain that they're nutritionally deficient (as in, not having enough nutrients) but not lacking.

Aside that, I wouldn't mind having them for the rest of my life.
The aroma while frying plantains is to die for!
Lol... That is an insightful info there mariahAngel.

Now that you've mentioned it, I'll do some more reading on plantain nutritional value. Perhaps adding food toppings such as avocados and grilled fish to plantains would give a more rounded diet.

What do you think about eating boiled unripe plantain with the peel still on it? Is this proper? I'm just curious since you seem to have more culinary info here.

That last paragraph got me chuckling here... That makes the 2 of us caught in the "fried plantain aroma web." Lol

There are other aromas that I like that trigger that feel-good sensation, such as oven-baked bread, Hawaiian pizza, cakes, coffee, even Cuban cigars, etc, (though I don't smoke).

I like your well-written culinary insights. Keep it up! wink

Ciao.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Could Only Eat One Food For The Rest Of Your Life, What Would That Be? by Nelchuksmandela(m): 12:00am On Dec 08, 2022
Rice
Re: If You Could Only Eat One Food For The Rest Of Your Life, What Would That Be? by Qc1(m): 12:06am On Dec 08, 2022
Red lobster shrimps feast. grin
Re: If You Could Only Eat One Food For The Rest Of Your Life, What Would That Be? by omooba969(m): 12:11am On Dec 08, 2022
CodeTemplar:
Manna from heaven or nothing.

What does manna look like, have you got a picture?
Re: If You Could Only Eat One Food For The Rest Of Your Life, What Would That Be? by hardon1(m): 12:12am On Dec 08, 2022
Beans and riped plantain porridge
Re: If You Could Only Eat One Food For The Rest Of Your Life, What Would That Be? by Adimx567(m): 12:12am On Dec 08, 2022
mariahAngel:

I love Beans.
A.M P.M M.M P.P
Always Beans

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Horrible Experiences With Food Sellers In Lagos / Pounded Yam Preservation And Reheat Method / Is It Wrong Or Rather Unhealthy To Eat Indomie Raw?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.