Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,231 members, 7,829,416 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:28 AM

If You Could Only Eat One Food For The Rest Of Your Life, What Would That Be? - Food (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / If You Could Only Eat One Food For The Rest Of Your Life, What Would That Be? (25939 Views)

One Food You Cannot Understand Why People Enjoy It. / What Is One Food You Could Not Live Without? Why? / If You Could Only Eat One Type Of Food, Everyday For The Rest Of Your Life, What (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Could Only Eat One Food For The Rest Of Your Life, What Would That Be? by doshiyad1: 11:04am On Dec 08, 2022
Bintdawood:

Only one o embarassed sha lemme pick rice, can make diff recipes grin

sense overloaded as per your head dey there

1 Like

Re: If You Could Only Eat One Food For The Rest Of Your Life, What Would That Be? by mariahAngel(f): 1:03pm On Dec 08, 2022
Munzy14:

No..

Variety is the spice to life.. cheesy

Give a mix of everything kitchen.

I was referring to the topic.
I got the conversation mixed up yesterday because of much mentions.
Re: If You Could Only Eat One Food For The Rest Of Your Life, What Would That Be? by mariahAngel(f): 1:10pm On Dec 08, 2022
AlphaTaikun:

Lol... That is an insightful info there mariahAngel.

Now that you've mentioned it, I'll do some more reading on plantain nutritional value. Perhaps adding food toppings such as avocados and grilled fish to plantains would give a more rounded diet.

What do you think about eating boiled unripe plantain with the peel still on it? Is this proper? I'm just curious since you seem to have more culinary info here.

That last paragraph got me chuckling here... That makes the 2 of us caught in the "fried plantain aroma web." Lol

There are other aromas that I like that trigger that feel-good sensation, such as oven-baked bread, Hawaiian pizza, cakes, coffee, even Cuban cigars, etc, (though I don't smoke).

I like your well-written culinary insights. Keep it up! wink

Ciao.

From experience, roasted plantain goes well with grilled turkey.

You mean, eating it boiled unripe plantains whole with the peel? We're not goats, Mr Taikun. cheesy
I barely even enjoy eating unripe plantains, much less with the peel. cheesy

Those foods you stated really do smell good.
For me, I love the smell of bread baking, more than I love eating bread.
For cakes, it's the other way around. Especially chocolate cake.

Thank you, Mr Taikun. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Could Only Eat One Food For The Rest Of Your Life, What Would That Be? by Dollywood(m): 2:15pm On Dec 08, 2022
Beans and maize (only to be cooked by my Dad) no else knows who cook it better than him.
Re: If You Could Only Eat One Food For The Rest Of Your Life, What Would That Be? by Ozap: 2:16pm On Dec 08, 2022
Amala and gbegi
Re: If You Could Only Eat One Food For The Rest Of Your Life, What Would That Be? by benjanny(m): 3:28pm On Dec 08, 2022
Akpu
Re: If You Could Only Eat One Food For The Rest Of Your Life, What Would That Be? by Aaaaarghmed(m): 3:59pm On Dec 08, 2022
Rice and chicken or turkey stew with salad.
Re: If You Could Only Eat One Food For The Rest Of Your Life, What Would That Be? by AlphaTaikun: 4:27pm On Dec 08, 2022
mariahAngel:

From experience, roasted plantain goes well with grilled turkey.

You mean, eating it boiled unripe plantains whole with the peel? We're not goats, Mr Taikun. cheesy
I barely even enjoy eating unripe plantains, much less with the peel. cheesy

Those foods you stated really do smell good.

For me, I love the smell of bread baking, more than I love eating bread.

For cakes, it's the other way around. Especially chocolate cake.

Thank you, Mr Taikun smiley
That's an awesome feedback @mariahAngel. The "we're not goats" part was hilarious. Lol.

Thank you too. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Could Only Eat One Food For The Rest Of Your Life, What Would That Be? by Munzy14(m): 4:41pm On Dec 08, 2022
mariahAngel:

I was referring to the topic.
I got the conversation mixed up yesterday because of much mentions.
grin grin

1 Like

Re: If You Could Only Eat One Food For The Rest Of Your Life, What Would That Be? by OceanRed(m): 6:22pm On Dec 08, 2022
briyani rice with chicken + plenty veggies!
Re: If You Could Only Eat One Food For The Rest Of Your Life, What Would That Be? by brainhgeek(m): 7:16pm On Dec 08, 2022
Semo and any type of soup
Re: If You Could Only Eat One Food For The Rest Of Your Life, What Would That Be? by Mgbafo: 8:57pm On Dec 08, 2022
Stew rice
Re: If You Could Only Eat One Food For The Rest Of Your Life, What Would That Be? by Jaybihel25(m): 10:12pm On Dec 08, 2022
Rice and beans with fish, fried egg, boiled egg, yam well garnished with amala and pounded yam, semo and okra soup.
Re: If You Could Only Eat One Food For The Rest Of Your Life, What Would That Be? by armyofone(m): 12:46am On Dec 09, 2022
Rice and habanero sauce.
Re: If You Could Only Eat One Food For The Rest Of Your Life, What Would That Be? by okirewaju(f): 2:21am On Dec 09, 2022
Oizee:
u better choose rice before constipation finish u
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: If You Could Only Eat One Food For The Rest Of Your Life, What Would That Be? by Prettylima(f): 1:25pm On Dec 09, 2022
Potatoes and cook eggs grin
Re: If You Could Only Eat One Food For The Rest Of Your Life, What Would That Be? by Bintdawood(f): 8:28pm On Dec 09, 2022
doshiyad1:

sense overloaded as per your head dey there

shocked
Re: If You Could Only Eat One Food For The Rest Of Your Life, What Would That Be? by fadal(m): 6:43pm On Dec 10, 2022
BEEF BURGERS
Re: If You Could Only Eat One Food For The Rest Of Your Life, What Would That Be? by mariahAngel(f): 2:42pm On Dec 11, 2022
mariahAngel:
If you're allowed to choose only one food that you will eat for the rest of your life, what food would you choose?
(You're allowed to have ingredients)

For me, I would've chosen plantain, but since it's nutritionally deficient, I'll go with eggs.

After giving it some more thought, I have decided to choose and stick with the love of my food life - plantain. (Sorry for not choosing you before embarassed )
Me and plantain, we share a special bond.
Aside enjoying it, it is the food I enjoy photographing the most.
It makes me happy in different ways.
Re: If You Could Only Eat One Food For The Rest Of Your Life, What Would That Be? by sweetmichael007: 6:19pm On Dec 11, 2022
What is kpekus?
doggedfighter:

Is this what we're talking about here, kollins11 ?
Re: If You Could Only Eat One Food For The Rest Of Your Life, What Would That Be? by mariahAngel(f): 8:55pm On Dec 11, 2022
Munzy14:

Okwa i nwere abuo already?
Nwanne gi nwaanyi ga asi o ga wu zi ihe ozo cheesy

Yeah. cheesy

The type I'm eyeing is beautiful.
Check out the picture below.

O kwa asi ndi ulo anyi ji akpo sense grin Onye o wula neediri sense o.

Wow and you don't create special themed sticker to thank them..Try the add make videos..The numbers will skyrocket.
Plus the engagement in comment section will increase.

Umunne gi ha so ga gi ebe ahu? Especially ndi nke nwaanyi?

To be honest, I haven't learned how to use Instagram that much. Just the basics.
I don't spend much time there.

A ma'm gi? cheesy

1 Like

Re: If You Could Only Eat One Food For The Rest Of Your Life, What Would That Be? by Munzy14(m): 9:47pm On Dec 11, 2022
mariahAngel:

Yeah. cheesy

The type I'm eyeing is beautiful.
Check out the picture below.

To be honest, I haven't learned how to use Instagram that much. Just the basics.
I don't spend much time there.

A ma'm gi? cheesy

Hehehe air fryer di attractive..If it appears in your scale of preference, you can still go for it..Uwa wu ofu mbia o.

You have to na..The engagements will attracts more people and make it a potential more money. Making niche.

Hehehehehe you don outsmart me here na grin
O nwere a lady that is almost on all your post..O dika o wu a die hard fan..I ga wu celebrity cheesy

1 Like

Re: If You Could Only Eat One Food For The Rest Of Your Life, What Would That Be? by mariahAngel(f): 10:43am On Dec 12, 2022
Munzy14:

Hehehe air fryer di attractive..If it appears in your scale of preference, you can still go for it..Uwa wu ofu mbia o.

I might get it later.
Another thing is, it's quite small.

You have to na..The engagements will attracts more people and make it a potential more money. Making niche.

Hehehehehe you don outsmart me here na grin
O nwere a lady that is almost on all your post..O dika o wu a die hard fan..I ga wu celebrity cheesy

I'll look into it.
You know sometimes, good things just happen/come to you almost effortlessly, when you're not desperately chasing after them.
Re: If You Could Only Eat One Food For The Rest Of Your Life, What Would That Be? by Munzy14(m): 1:09pm On Dec 12, 2022
mariahAngel:

I might get it later.
Another thing is, it's quite small.

I'll look into it.
You know sometimes, good things just happen/come to you almost effortlessly, when you're not desperately chasing after them.
Okay.

Surely, but you must work for it, maybe with or without pressure cheesy

Anything food sell quick and wide.
Re: If You Could Only Eat One Food For The Rest Of Your Life, What Would That Be? by mariahAngel(f): 1:39pm On Dec 12, 2022
Munzy14:

Okay.

Surely, but you must work for it, maybe with or without pressure cheesy

Anything food sell quick and wide.

It might seem like I'm making excuses, o kwa ya? cheesy
Re: If You Could Only Eat One Food For The Rest Of Your Life, What Would That Be? by Munzy14(m): 1:46pm On Dec 12, 2022
mariahAngel:

It might seem like I'm making excuses, o kwa ya? cheesy
Lol..you know yourself very well.. cheesy

1 Like

Re: If You Could Only Eat One Food For The Rest Of Your Life, What Would That Be? by mariahAngel(f): 1:51pm On Dec 12, 2022
Munzy14:

Lol..you know yourself very well.. cheesy

I do. cheesy

The thing is, I easily lose interest when I'm compelled to do something.
Re: If You Could Only Eat One Food For The Rest Of Your Life, What Would That Be? by Munzy14(m): 1:58pm On Dec 12, 2022
mariahAngel:

I do. cheesy

The thing is, I easily lose interest when I'm compelled to do something.
Good

Smh, not this one..You will have to keep the page alive and engaging to reach the targets.

Insta is demanding, I realized it isn't my stuff, I jejely allowed my page fallow..Until mgbe luru Nwaanyi..May be she will handle it better to promote the Business.

Women are good in that aspect.

A colleague even forced me to join Insta the time I did..at a time o ji abia m ya ka ugwo....

But, don't make excuses for yours o grin just keep posting and tagging.

1 Like

Re: If You Could Only Eat One Food For The Rest Of Your Life, What Would That Be? by mariahAngel(f): 2:07pm On Dec 12, 2022
Munzy14:

Good

Smh, not this one..You will have to keep the page alive and engaging to reach the targets.

Insta is demanding, I realized it isn't my stuff, I jejely allowed my page fallow..Until mgbe luru Nwaanyi..May be she will handle it better to promote the Business.

Women are good in that aspect.

A colleague even forced me to join Insta the time I did..at a time o ji abia m ya ka ugwo....

But, don't make excuses for yours o grin just keep posting and tagging.

OK. cheesy

What would you suggest I post next?
(O wuhukwa nri utara na ofe o)
Re: If You Could Only Eat One Food For The Rest Of Your Life, What Would That Be? by Munzy14(m): 2:13pm On Dec 12, 2022
mariahAngel:

OK. cheesy

What would you suggest I post next?
(O wuhukwa nri utara na ofe o)
grin grin

You already blocked where I was heading to.. cheesy

Just jinx it and do nri utara..

Or Rice in an unusual style...Senegal way or Ghana way grin

Or you can post any meal you made out time to cook 2/3 times a week.
Re: If You Could Only Eat One Food For The Rest Of Your Life, What Would That Be? by mariahAngel(f): 2:20pm On Dec 12, 2022
Munzy14:

grin grin

You already blocked where I was heading to.. cheesy
Just jinx it and do nri utara..

Time will come for that one. cheesy

Or Rice in an unusual style...Senegal way or Ghana way grin

Or you can post any meal you made out time to cook 2/3 times a week.

Come to think of it, I have not posted any rice dish yet.
I'll start with a Nigerian rice dish, then others.
Re: If You Could Only Eat One Food For The Rest Of Your Life, What Would That Be? by Munzy14(m): 2:25pm On Dec 12, 2022
mariahAngel:

Time will come for that one. cheesy

Come to think of it, I have not posted any rice dish yet.
I'll start with a Nigerian rice dish, then others.
grin grin you are still shifting the time..

Not just rice alone, any thing nri cheesy

Beans, yam, just any thing good for consumption..

You can as well do pastries, ma o wu sharp sharp like shawarma, pizza na burger.. cheesy

Just nye anyi something every 2days.

And make videos o cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Horrible Experiences With Food Sellers In Lagos / Pounded Yam Preservation And Reheat Method / Is It Wrong Or Rather Unhealthy To Eat Indomie Raw?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.