Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,869 members, 7,828,099 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly (78232 Views)

Do You Ever Feel Guilty Spending Lavishly Knowing Many Are Poor / Hope I Wouldn't Find Myself To Be Blamed If I Return This ATM Card To The Owner / I Wish I Had Known This 5 Years Ago. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by baretalk: 10:27am On Dec 13, 2022
Spending wisely not lavishly is the way to go, but don't live a miserly life. People get connect by spending wisely.
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by SamDayJoy: 10:28am On Dec 13, 2022
It is ignoble of you to think all those elderly men and women who are still struggling outside there to earn a living had played away their youthful days.

If not why use the picture of an elderly person for your write-up? You could have used the picture of an extravagant young fellow.

You don't generalize such things.

Have you heard their stories?

Do you know what challenges they had faced?

Do you know if they had the same opportunities as you?

Can you tell the what unseen forces had been troubling and distorting the journey of their lives?

Can you by the confidence of your works and wisdom tell how great your tomorrow will be?

Then why mock such elderly people who are still holding on, finding a reason to live?

Instead of being grateful for how God had been helping you, you think it's by your work. You been be wise.

Sorry for the hash tone of my rebuke.
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by OLADUN27: 10:29am On Dec 13, 2022
If you think this is as a result of lavish spending you are missing a lot of the reality of life. How do you know the man has money while growing up. Stop mixing things together
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by tamdun: 10:29am On Dec 13, 2022
Nonexisting1:
The old man you see there might have wasted his youthful age training his children and giving them better life. They might have chosen to abandon him or worst still be useless to themselves and to their families. This is why I have sworn to invest for my old age before saving shishi for my unborn children. The little modafokas we have in this millennium don't give a fucck about anyone else but themselves, if you like kill yourself for them as their parents. Fucck these kids. angry
I owe my children good education and good upbringing,lavish life isn't compulsory,I prefer to invest in properties,the rent will be my pension when am old and when am gone,the children will still have the properties,
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by tollyboy5(m): 10:29am On Dec 13, 2022
Jeon:

MAN
grin grin I've been on this forum since 2015.

Seems you've runout of Korean sticker.
Hope you've finally met with the gu jun-pyo of your life?
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Jeon(f): 10:30am On Dec 13, 2022
tollyboy5:

grin grin I've been on this forum since 2015.

Seems you've runout of Korean sticker.
Hope you've finally met with the gu jun-pyo of your life?

End of discussion.
Please

3 Likes

Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Nobody: 10:31am On Dec 13, 2022
Yugoslavia247:

So the ones that were all righteous and poor nko.

Many people need exposure in this forum.

Go to villages you will see many people who never did anything bad to deserve being poor but they have their hopes high.

Many children who were reckless in their youth never ended poor. Especially those with solid foundation.

Hypocrisy is when you take an innocent hardworking old man pics and then accuse Him of leading a reckless youth life.

You might work and save up in your youth but end up poor. How about natural disasters, terminal illness and unforseen circumstances. What about those who were spiritually manipulated. Or those who were duped or defrauded. What about those who faced business downturn and ran into debt.

Be stuopid but know when not to be a nuisance.

Many became Rich by luck as Tony Elumelu claimed it was luck. Some did not need to work hard. Crypto billionaire are a clear example. The same things you do some did little and became Rich. Some people will live a reckless life and still end up being Rich on their dying bed. The drug barons, gun runners, politicians and so on.

Don't mock people who were hardworking at their old age and blame them for being reckless.

Some sold their wealth to save a family or brother.

Haven't you heard. Please just be reasonable.

God bless you abundantly for this comment! You just captured my exact thoughts. To see people hailing this op for creating this useless thread is the exact reason why this country is the way it is.

4 Likes

Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by bilo1(m): 10:32am On Dec 13, 2022
Odebayo4010:
If you see me hustle here and there without Gucci shoes and dresses,, this is exactly what I want to avoid

If you like flex out the life in you when you are young..
If you like spend all you gather for women and clothes...
If you like don't invest now you are still strong and save for the future...

Don't forget this,,old age will surely come when you can't work... Don't soly put your trust and hope on your kids because they may fail most especially when you didn't give them good foundation to stand.

Na person wey stand dey carry another person.
Words on marble!
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by lolu2019: 10:35am On Dec 13, 2022
Jeon:

Lolz grin

Because he was useless like some of the young men ... No bi wetin most of unah dy do? Once money don enter nah clothes, phone, carry ladies bike dy patrol up-and-down, girls and clubs,dy order for the latest drinks ..

like ur siggy says "poverty is a bastard"
y are u judging the old man.y did u call him useless.I am very very sure that u r a thief.a cooperate thief.

1 Like

Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by tollyboy5(m): 10:38am On Dec 13, 2022
Jeon:

End of discussion.
Please
See dis soft babe dey form hard lady grin grin

Don't worry gu jun-pyo is waiting for you at surulere.. cheesy
Olobe Omo.
Sha take care.

Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by lolu2019: 10:39am On Dec 13, 2022
Ade3131:

Finally, an adult with matured reasoning is passing an important message across.

Life is not bed of roses. Far from it. Most people think it's by hard work or being smart. The battle is not for the swift, except those whom the lord has made.

thank u
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Dshocker(m): 10:40am On Dec 13, 2022
DaddyCK:

She juss been release from Ban...now she is very careful wot she writes or else she gets banned again. She been banned 17 times so far this year grin grin

Seems you are really obsessed with her, for you to know how many times she got banned...
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by maasoap(m): 10:40am On Dec 13, 2022
Allison012:
Well, i was a student during jonathan/pdp regime. That was when things was quite better. But got a job in this economy and things is now worst. If i had a job then, i would have saved.

I get it. Unavailability of jobs is one thing, we that graduated under Jonathan faced the same issue. But the prices of things spiralling out of control under Buhari makes it worse.
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by blackgold2018(m): 10:41am On Dec 13, 2022
Odebayo4010:
If you see me hustle here and there without Gucci shoes and dresses,, this is exactly what I want to avoid

Don't forget this,,old age will surely come when you can't work... Don't soly put your trust and hope on your kids because they may fail most especially when you didn't give them good foundation to stand.

now you listen to me you foool

You don’t know that man’s story. It wouldn’t be what you think.

You know nothing of life experiences.

That man might have trained his kids in right way, that man’s children might even be in overseas but abandoned their father.

That man had probably was a billionaire but natural causes happened to him that he can’t handle.

You know NOTHING about life.

I have seen things.. when I man falls, it’s not always what you think

4 Likes

Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by sonjohn994: 10:42am On Dec 13, 2022
while you are saving enjoy too, because Not everybody will live to see the old age. Dont work for another man to eat. Let's be wise

Odebayo4010:

Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Ishilove: 10:42am On Dec 13, 2022
We do not know the circumstances of the old man's life.

How distasteful

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by WiszyFraud: 10:42am On Dec 13, 2022
Nonexisting1:
The old man you see there might have wasted his youthful age training his children and giving them better life. They might have chosen to abandon him or worst still be useless to themselves and to their families. This is why I have sworn to invest for my old age before saving shishi for my unborn children. The little modafokas we have in this millennium don't give a fucck about anyone else but themselves, if you like kill yourself for them as their parents. Fucck these kids. angry

You must be a really bad hypocrite.

You have sworn to invest in yourself and your old age only, before even thinking of your unborn children, and yet you complain of the “The little modafokas of this millennium caring about themselves only”

So what’s the actual difference between you and them?, or you just wanna show the world how hypocritical you are?

Stupidity undecided
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by blackgold2018(m): 10:43am On Dec 13, 2022
Afrok:
True talk.... Nobody wished to be poor or suffer, a lot of things causes people to suffer at old age with some or most causes beyond their control.
Just to cap it all, THIS LIFE NO BALANCE.
you are really wise.

That op know nothing about life
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by FreeLine: 10:43am On Dec 13, 2022
Have self-discipline, remain positive and be happy, and whilst doing all these, have in mind the future implications of your decisions. Always remember you only have one life to live. How do you wish to live it ?. Yet, it doesn't mean if you fail, it is over. I guess the old man believes that as long as he is still alive, there is still a chance of things turning out as he desires.
Do not let stories like this give you cold feet about the future, rather get motivated to fight for the kind of life you desire.

2 Likes

Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by LANRYUS(m): 10:45am On Dec 13, 2022
Allison012:
OP. we wake up everyday take our bath and bounce out to work. Working day and night for peanuts. How do you wants us to invest when all the peanuts we work for goes to feeding and other neccessities? Even savings we no fit do for this buhari and APC economy. Make baba GOD help us make we vote the right person for 2023.

The first sign of failure is when you always find somebody to blame for your failure. You will not live all you youthful age under Buhari/APC. For those that care to listen, job cannot make you rich and self-sustained, learn a business or service it will prepare you for old age, because self employed is no-work, no-pay unlike employee that wait to collect salary at the end of the month.
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Yugoslavia247(m): 10:47am On Dec 13, 2022
Mayeldah:

Take it easy bro, the advice is not for everyone. This your talk is escapeesm mentality to be honest
Not all who worked hard and invested ended up poor, leave natural disaster to chance but just do your bits first.

Its like someone saying not all graduates got a job so he won't go to school...

That's a wrong way to reason. Just play your part and pray to God to take care of unforeseen circumstances.

I will pass
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by FirmTR(m): 10:49am On Dec 13, 2022
Yugoslavia247:

Go to villages you will see many people who never did anything bad to deserve being poor but they have their hopes high.

Many children who were reckless in their youth never ended poor. Especially those with solid foundation.

Hypocrisy is when you take an innocent hardworking old man pics and then accuse Him of leading a reckless youth life.

You might work and save up in your youth but end up poor. How about natural disasters, terminal illness and unforseen circumstances. What about those who were spiritually manipulated. Or those who were duped or defrauded. What about those who faced business downturn and ran into debt.

Many became Rich by luck as Tony Elumelu claimed it was luck. Some did not need to work hard. Crypto billionaire are a clear example. The same things you do some did little and became Rich. Some people will live a reckless life and still end up being Rich on their dying bed. The drug barons, gun runners, politicians and so on.

Don't mock people who were hardworking at their old age and blame them for being reckless.

Most reasonable comment on this thread.

Reasoning faculty of some people is very low. Some ll say "poverty is a sin." And I'm like, who committed the sin.. So you mean the people that are wealthy today are all righteous.

Being rich is by grace.
Being poor is by circumstances.

1 Like

Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Nobody: 10:49am On Dec 13, 2022
Dshocker:

Seems you are really obsessed with her, for you to know how many times she got banned...

Siofra has been banned only 18th times
.....she very stubborn like stubborn goat angry
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by leketon: 10:53am On Dec 13, 2022
Not in all cases...

Sometimes challenges of life can cause it.
One may work hard as a youth and invest but, along the line the investment and all properties perished. (e.g. fire, scam, failed, business, money suckling sickness, etc.)
May the grace of God follow us to the end.

2 Likes

Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by OnonujuChrist(m): 10:55am On Dec 13, 2022
This na the bitter truth but our leaders are to be blamed the more. May God bless our hustle.
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by 2016v2017: 10:55am On Dec 13, 2022
Odebayo4010:

Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Dshocker(m): 10:56am On Dec 13, 2022
DaddyCK:

Siofra has been banned only 18th times
.....she very stubborn like stubborn goat angry

But how did you know the number of times she has been banned, if you weren't keeping tab on her.

Truth is painful, you are stalking her.

If you like her, why not tell her, rather than monitoring her activities on Nairaland.
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by FirmTR(m): 10:56am On Dec 13, 2022
Odebayo4010:

I'm sorry, but you know nothing about the things of life.
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Blazebond(m): 11:01am On Dec 13, 2022
Investments can fail also, nobody knows tomorrow,do what's best for you now that you and Young and strong but don't think that life is bullet proof, nothing is certain in life.
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by staga: 11:05am On Dec 13, 2022
Allison012:
OP. we wake up everyday take our bath and bounce out to work. Working day and night for peanuts. How do you wants us to invest when all the peanuts we work for goes to feeding and other neccessities? Even savings we no fit do for this buhari and APC economy. Make baba GOD help us make we vote the right person for 2023.

The peanuts can at least put food in your belly and pay your trans, while you continue to work out your way to the next level. We have all been there.
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by nony43(m): 11:05am On Dec 13, 2022
Yugoslavia247:

For instance.
My father was extremely rich in the days of landline.

The change in demand from landphone to handset crippled his business. He could not switch easily. However, things changed later on.
So if he was poor you will call him reckless?

I am sure that people liking OP don't have a family yet. They are still living in their little responsibility lifestyles. Many people had alot of issues due to burden of family and children. Will you also blame them?

The most sensible comment right here.
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Curious345: 11:10am On Dec 13, 2022
No social security in NIGERIA

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Gtbank Overcrowded This Morning: Social Distancing Disregarded / Profitable Businesses You Can Start With Little Capital. / Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.