Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,724 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly (78186 Views)

Do You Ever Feel Guilty Spending Lavishly Knowing Many Are Poor / Hope I Wouldn't Find Myself To Be Blamed If I Return This ATM Card To The Owner / I Wish I Had Known This 5 Years Ago. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Ade3131: 10:04am On Dec 13, 2022
Yugoslavia247:

So the ones that were all righteous and poor nko.

Many people need exposure in this forum.

Go to villages you will see many people who never did anything bad to deserve being poor but they have their hopes high.

Many children who were reckless in their youth never ended poor. Especially those with solid foundation.

Hypocrisy is when you take an innocent hardworking old man pics and then accuse Him of leading a reckless youth life.

You might work and save up in your youth but end up poor. How about natural disasters, terminal illness and unforseen circumstances. What about those who were spiritually manipulated. Or those who were duped or defrauded. What about those who faced business downturn and ran into debt.

Be stuopid but know when not to be a nuisance.

Many became Rich by luck as Tony Elumelu claimed it was luck. Some did not need to work hard. Crypto billionaire are a clear example. The same things you do some did little and became Rich. Some people will live a reckless life and still end up being Rich on their dying bed. The drug barons, gun runners, politicians and so on.

Don't mock people who were hardworking at their old age and blame them for being reckless.

Some sold their wealth to save a family or brother.

Haven't you heard. Please just be reasonable.

Finally, an adult with matured reasoning is passing an important message across.

Life is not bed of roses. Far from it. Most people think it's by hard work or being smart. The battle is not for the swift, except those whom the lord has made.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by tollyboy5(m): 10:06am On Dec 13, 2022
Jeon:

Lolz grin

Because he was useless like some of the young men ... No bi wetin most of unah dy do? Once money don enter nah clothes, phone, carry ladies bike dy patrol up-and-down, girls and clubs,dy order for the latest drinks ..

like ur siggy says "poverty is a bastard"
So na your face bedat. You sef try small.
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by maasoap(m): 10:06am On Dec 13, 2022
Allisgud:
I picked from one of ur lines,which u quote children may fail u,very true,when I check about the happening in the society,some children no send Thier old parent due to bad character,the one who send fit no get work self,my people huzzle oh,as u dey train pikin,dey invest something down for ur personal flexing in ur old age [/b]

I think a topic needs to be created on what types of investment one should have for old age as most people here agreed that one needs to invest for old age.

1 Like

Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Jeon(f): 10:07am On Dec 13, 2022
tollyboy5:
So na your face bedat. You sef try small.
I don't understand... that's my girlfriend's face.

3 Likes

Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by maasoap(m): 10:10am On Dec 13, 2022
iamyungkhalifa:
Op you be jonz nigger
So you think say na the money when you go save and the things whey you take suffer yourself go make you dey okay for life
You need to enter street and let people tell you what they pass through in life , you will be sorry for them
And if the rich tells you how they make their wealth, ��� you will even thank God that you are poor
Your savings has zero to do with you future status ���

Should we now agree that one needs not to save or invest for the old age based on this mentality of yours? Suffering will be the second name of anyone who lives his life with this mindset
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by tollyboy5(m): 10:10am On Dec 13, 2022
Jeon:

I don't understand... that's my girlfriend's face.
Alaye REST!
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Ellasure: 10:10am On Dec 13, 2022
Truth about life and living here on earth is to know God Almighty and his ways of doing things here on earth.

These ways and means are revealed to us by the scriptures of Bible and Koran and I believe Shinto and Buddah. The Yoruba ifa mythology should be included in these books. Most of the mythology are not recorded but with patience and a good teacher you can pick useful hints.

All these books gives very excellent stories of people that have lived here on earth and made success of it.

The world today is full of people and struggles for businesses and personal acquisition of wealth to enable good living. University education is not well structure for good living and most schools content of sturdy are directed towards graduates seeking employment or start ups of individual business which only introduce you into eternal struggles without end.

Finally, if you can afford it, living in the big cities of the world today is a drag on good living as you have several bills to settle without the nature coming in to succour you someways. For example, can you plug a fruit of pawpaw from the tree directly and eat it without any accusations. Can you harvest a bunch of plantain in your backyard freely. If you can not do any of these two you are obviously encumbered by city life. Today, City life cuts life short.

1 Like

Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by demystified01: 10:11am On Dec 13, 2022
It is not correct to think all that are poor and struggle in old age spend there active years in frivolity. I also use to think along that line before until I know and realize that life happens. May God ease our affairs and found favour as we strive to become somebody in life. In all put God first.

3 Likes

Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by nighthawk1: 10:12am On Dec 13, 2022
Jeon:

Lolz grin

Because he was useless like some of the young men ... No bi wetin most of unah dy do? Once money don enter nah clothes, phone, carry ladies bike dy patrol up-and-down, girls and clubs,dy order for the latest drinks ..

While i understand what you are driving at. Not all 'JOB' come out triumphant. Pray life doesn't test you..

If you can't help or alleviate someone's pain. Please MOVE ON..
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Jeon(f): 10:12am On Dec 13, 2022
tollyboy5:
Alaye REST!
I love you though cool

4 Likes

Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by HardMirror(m): 10:13am On Dec 13, 2022
Softmirror:

grin. MAYBE THE GUY NA DEEPER LIFE .
see people like him know nada about life. Fact.

I invested a lot of money in my mid 20s and lost everything. That was how i went into gambling out of depression and frustration.
Thank god i don put all that behind me and able to recover fast.
Koko is make as much money as is possible and enjoy your money it does not mean you cant also save and invest, important thing is to spend what you can afford and we all cannot be living like rat because we want to invest. When we die, that is the end, who am i keeping the money for?
I repeat. Saving from 20k salary cannot make you better than a guy saving squandering N2m every month but able to save 3million, all these idiots should stop thinking they know anything about money. That man pushing wheelbarrow never had the capacity to be rich to start with.

7 Likes

Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by tollyboy5(m): 10:14am On Dec 13, 2022
Jeon:

I love you though cool
Lol thanks, you too.
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by meobizy(f): 10:14am On Dec 13, 2022
Rubbish. Who’s to say one will see the old age to begin with?
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Stephen0mozzy: 10:14am On Dec 13, 2022
Jeon:

Lolz grin

Delta State? grin
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Jeon(f): 10:14am On Dec 13, 2022
tollyboy5:
Lol thanks, you too.
Are you lay?

3 Likes

Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by maasoap(m): 10:16am On Dec 13, 2022
Yugoslavia247:

So the ones that were all righteous and poor nko.

Many people need exposure in this forum.

Go to villages you will see many people who never did anything bad to deserve being poor but they have their hopes high.

Many children who were reckless in their youth never ended poor. Especially those with solid foundation.

Hypocrisy is when you take an innocent hardworking old man pics and then accuse Him of leading a reckless youth life.

You might work and save up in your youth but end up poor. How about natural disasters, terminal illness and unforseen circumstances. What about those who were spiritually manipulated. Or those who were duped or defrauded. What about those who faced business downturn and ran into debt.

Be stuopid but know when not to be a nuisance.

Many became Rich by luck as Tony Elumelu claimed it was luck. Some did not need to work hard. Crypto billionaire are a clear example. The same things you do some did little and became Rich. Some people will live a reckless life and still end up being Rich on their dying bed. The drug barons, gun runners, politicians and so on.

Don't mock people who were hardworking at their old age and blame them for being reckless.

Some sold their wealth to save a family or brother.

Haven't you heard. Please just be reasonable.

You said it all. Many factors responsible for both failure and success in life. Some are luckier than others.

1 Like

Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Alexaonfleek: 10:16am On Dec 13, 2022
Lol...people who commented on the first page did so mostly out of ignorance, including the op.
Just pray you or your relatives don't come down with a terrible illness like cancer
You'll then see how quickly savings and investments can finish.

3 Likes

Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by pocohantas(f): 10:16am On Dec 13, 2022
GloriousGbola:

Thank you

Lol. Why?
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by tollyboy5(m): 10:16am On Dec 13, 2022
HardMirror:
see people like him know nada about life. Fact.

I invested a lot of money in my mid 20s and lost everything. That was how i went into gambling out of depression and frustration.
Thank god i don put all that behind me and able to recover fast.
Koko is make as much money as is possible and enjoy your money it does not mean you cant also save and invest, important thing is to spend what you can afford and we all cannot be living like rat because we want to invest. When we die, that is the end, who am i keeping the money for?
I repeat. Saving from 20k salary cannot make you better than a guy saving squandering N2m every month but able to save 3million, all these idiots should stop thinking they know anything about money. That man pushing wheelbarrow never had the capacity to be rich to start with.
You're very smart.

When I have money I enjoy myself to my fullest and help who I'll love to help without squandering it.

I've seen that you can save and still loose everything overnight.

1 Like

Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by ILuvMerije(f): 10:17am On Dec 13, 2022
Not everyone who is suffering in old age spent their youths in frivolous living. Life just happens and then they suffer. Some, the money they earn isn't enough to catter for the basic things as such do not have enough to save or invest. And others want to invest but do not know the right investment to do. And this is where you can come in. You can give info on investment opportunities and advice but what do most of us do? We hoard information that will better the lives of people.

2 Likes

Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by maasoap(m): 10:17am On Dec 13, 2022
meobizy:
Rubbish. Who’s to say one will see the old age to begin with?

It is not rubbish. Planning for old age and not reaching it is far better than reaching old age with no plan.
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by tollyboy5(m): 10:18am On Dec 13, 2022
Jeon:

Are you lay?
Lol why would I shocked .
My moniker says it all.
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by 77up(m): 10:20am On Dec 13, 2022
iamyungkhalifa:
Op you be jonz nigger
So you think say na the money when you go save and the things whey you take suffer yourself go make you dey okay for life
You need to enter street and let people tell you what they pass through in life , you will be sorry for them
And if the rich tells you how they make their wealth, ��� you will even thank God that you are poor
Your savings has zero to do with you future status���
Work hard to have your own setter , train your children, establish and invest in a business is what op is telling you,not about just saving bro.
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Jeon(f): 10:20am On Dec 13, 2022
tollyboy5:

Lol why would I shocked .
My moniker says it all.

but you accepted my love and you ain't gay angry... I should better stick to DaddyCK.

3 Likes

Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Nobody: 10:21am On Dec 13, 2022
pansophist:
A lot of people see their young age as freedom to live anyhow, but it's freedom to pick a path and walk it well. Why do you even need to impress people who don't care about you? Spend on nonsense such as women, clubbing, and vanity? Life is very unforgiving to the weak, and if you wait until you're old to learn this lesson, life will be nothong but hell

sorry, i dont believe in this idealogy

people need to enjoy themselves when they are young

Most old people regret not doing that
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Allison012: 10:21am On Dec 13, 2022
maasoap:

You were making sense until you made the last two sentences. Are you telling us that APC/Buhari's 3½ years "failure" is responsible for your whole life long failure? That can't be right, that can't be correct! How old are you again? 3½ years?
Well, i was a student during jonathan/pdp regime. That was when things was quite better. But got a job in this economy and things is now worst. If i had a job then, i would have saved.
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Manna4Gurls: 10:22am On Dec 13, 2022
All we are praying for is connections. Save also no matter the amount for it'll surely define your future somehow
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by tollyboy5(m): 10:23am On Dec 13, 2022
Jeon:

but you accepted my love and you ain't gay angry... I should better stick to DaddyCK.
See dis woman!
I didn't accept anything. I returned compliment that's all grin tongue
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by tradingknowled1: 10:24am On Dec 13, 2022
Blake755:
Then how do someone invest
hello.. I offer forex trading Guidance and mentorship. and I also offer business investment program..

feel free to PM me let's discuss more about it.
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Jeon(f): 10:25am On Dec 13, 2022
tollyboy5:
See dis woman! I didn't accept anything. I returned compliment that's all grin tongue
MAN

3 Likes

Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by realestate99: 10:25am On Dec 13, 2022
olasaad:

There is no way a child you trained will abandoned you at old age
Don't say that, many examples abound everywhere, you just have to look deeper. Training your child to the optimal level does not mean same treatment would be replicated by them to you when you are old, life is deep!!! Very deep!! We have seen this scenario many times, some would even forget they have a father while the old man is romancing poverty in the village, drinking palmwine on credit under the mango tree amongst his peers.
Re: If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly by Allison012: 10:25am On Dec 13, 2022
maasoap:

I think a topic needs to be created on what types of investment should one have for old age as most people here agreed that one needs to invest for old age.
Create the topic na, there's something i really need to learn.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Gtbank Overcrowded This Morning: Social Distancing Disregarded / Profitable Businesses You Can Start With Little Capital. / Standardgoldng E-currency Exchanger: Nairaland Customer Service.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.