Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,434 members, 7,836,739 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children (46177 Views)

Neglect Of The Boy Child: We Need To Speak Up / Married To Mum Of 2 But The Babies Dad Choose To Neglect Responsibilities. / What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Backpedal: 5:48pm On Dec 31, 2022
etrange:
Toxic masculinity is a very big issue in the black community.
Maybe so
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by phemmyfour: 5:56pm On Dec 31, 2022
kk2027:

Lol hope you preached this to his father when he left his kids out in the cold with their sick mother. What if they died during that time?

He reaps what he sowed, it's up to his wife and kids to forgive
Blackmail has no place here
And what do you you think you will reap?

Eye for an eye makes the whole world blind
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Lade25: 6:04pm On Dec 31, 2022
What if abandoning your children is one of the requirements to go abroad, you still won't do it? Dey play
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by BRATISLAVA: 6:05pm On Dec 31, 2022
kansoboy:

Oga go Nd help Ur father if u can afford it... One day, if u are a man, u may understand y he left u and Ur mother. ...but don't make mistake of letting him die when u can safe his life.

If u are a girl, u wil never under his reason. But u will get in love one day and u will begin to wonder y is life like this.

@bolded is a lie that makes many men deadbeats, and makes their sons follow suit. It's a Nigerian cycle. Is it that men don't want to think or they prefer being brainwashed to follow certain thought patterns,?

Because he's a man, he should abandon his family, with the belief that he's a man and can easily get another one, and the family just understand him? What advice would you give to a child whose mother abandons them and their father? Would you preach the same thing?

3 Likes

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by tete7000(m): 6:07pm On Dec 31, 2022
kk2027:

Whatever a man soweth he reapeth, the bible is clear

Enough of the emotional Blackmail
Let those his father helped, help him. You pdont speak orange and reap mango

I like your quote, it will also be recorded against her that when someone she could help needed help, she didn't help. She too will reap someday what she has sowed.

The Bible quote you used funny enough didn't put a condition in a man reaping what he sowed.

You are the ones full of emotion, emotion of revenge, hate and vengeance, not me. If you are devoid of needless emotion, you will understand there is absolutely no reason why anyone should withhold help when he or she is in a position to offer it. The Bible you quoted says "To whoever ask, give; and never tell anyone to come back if you can immediately offer help". No condition is attached to those statements.

I always advise young people that social media is not appropriate place to go seeking for counsels. Narcissist and people with darkened minds are the people who full the social spaces.

1 Like

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by BRATISLAVA: 6:11pm On Dec 31, 2022
Baddosqqi:

That is not right... Honor your father and mother that you may live long is what the scriptures commanded... Forgive him please.

What if what is happening to the father is retribution for what he did to his own parents? What if he didn't honor them? Or is he innocent because he's now the one in a tight place?

2 Likes

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by BRATISLAVA: 6:20pm On Dec 31, 2022
od501:

Good reply. I felt really sorry for the guy. Typical product of a single mother.

Here is a prime example of why deadbeat men continue to be deadbeats and indoctrinate their sons into deadbeat-ism. In fact, the work of deadbeats is to be such trashy people, and then pin their failures to be good parents/fathers on their birthing partners. After all, it's a patriarchal society and it is forgiving of any type of evil men commit. So why not be a deadbeat? Your sins will be forgiven, and even if you are a failure, it is your partner who will accrue all blame at the end of the day. God help that child if it doesn't come looking for you as a man, because you hold the keys to it's life and future.

Definitely not his fault for being a deadbeat father. It's their mothers fault for raising them when their father wouldn't be there. It's as if the children in these situations were blind and dumb not to know their father had no role to play in their life, except that as sperm donor. You really think children are so foolish they need to be told that their father is a deadbeat by their mother? Have you heard that actions speak louder than words? Nigerian men can be quite stupid about that, believing children can't tell these things themselves. They believe it's always a woman doing this or that, when they are actually the ones making themselves look bad to their children.

Maybe the deadbeats partners should've abandoned the child, too, so that later on deadbeats won't accuse her of raising a child alone.

It's not the product of a single mother, but the product of a negligent, toxic man that you are referring to. If you don't want products of single mothers, then make yourselves available as men.

But you won't. It's much easier to blame women for being parents as it covers your failures as fathers.

6 Likes

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by CorperKola: 6:25pm On Dec 31, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1.Why in the world is he meant to be saddled with the responsibility of taking care of a man who squandered his time on earth without making certain he would be adequately cared for in his old age? undecided

2. Is "paternity" meant as some sort of burden an offspring to bear or what? Indebted to him for squirting you out as sperm from his dick? undecided
Life is pot of beans
Those whose fathers were emotionally available but poor ask 'where were you when your peers were making money and those whose fathers are financially capable but emotionally absent will be crying emotional neglect
Its possible to be both alright.
Buh E get as e be
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Kobojunkie: 6:25pm On Dec 31, 2022
Lade25:
What if abandoning your children is one of the requirements to go abroad, you still won't do it? Dey play
What the frell! shocked

1 Like

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Kobojunkie: 6:26pm On Dec 31, 2022
kansoboy:
Oga go Nd help Ur father if u can afford it... One day, if u are a man, u may understand y he left u and Ur mother....but don't make mistake of letting him die when u can safe his life.
If u are a girl, u wil never under his reason. But u will get in love one day and u will begin to wonder y is life like this.
You deserve a hot backhand slap for that eejit response there. undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Kobojunkie: 6:27pm On Dec 31, 2022
CorperKola:
Life is pot of beans
Those whose fathers were emotionally available but poor ask 'where were you when your peers were making money and those whose fathers are financially capable but emotionally absent will be crying emotional neglect
Its possible to be both alright.
Buh E get as e be
Simple solution! Don't be a father until you are sure that you will be emotionally available and financially capable...simple, right? undecided

3 Likes

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Nobody: 6:40pm On Dec 31, 2022
BRATISLAVA:

What if what is happening to the father is retribution for what he did to his own parents? What if he didn't honor them? Or is he innocent because he's now the one in a tight place?

Bro, he remains your dad, please forgive him. I know it can be very hurtful. Mine hurt me the most when he turned his back on us after I got admission into ABU. But immediately I realised he was gonna die, I forgave him. Please forgive him. Please.
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by BRATISLAVA: 6:50pm On Dec 31, 2022
Baddosqqi:

Bro, he remains your dad, please forgive him. I know it can be very hurtful. Mine hurt me the most when he turned his back on us after I got admission into ABU. But immediately I realised he was gonna die, I forgave him. Please forgive him. Please.

It's wrong for men to maltreat their families in the hope that one day they will be forgiven and understood.

You are right to forgive him, for yourself. Not because he deserved to be forgiven. It's pathetic that many men have to drown before they realize their wife and children matter.

2 Likes

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Kobojunkie: 6:55pm On Dec 31, 2022
kansoboy:
Fools like I will hide and talk rubbish...slap Ur own father first, should I use voodoo on u, u will not see will not see 2023 alive
LOL...look who's talking! undecided

So you think because a man squirted out sperm from his dick to have you that makes him a god or something? All the people wey don slap your father— his small boy oga, the police and even the area boys— dem don all die, abi dem dey still dey live life? Nonsense! undecided

4 Likes

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by GodHimself: 7:05pm On Dec 31, 2022
A woman's (ever shifting) definition of masculinity is always an attempt at manipulation.

Make your point without referring to masculinity.

Chee59:
It is not masculinity to abandon your offspring.
You brought them into this world.
Don't think your only duty is to buy food and pay school fees.
As much as possible, be present in their daily lives.
Don't let toxic masculinity destroy your home.
I'm begging you. Please.
Those children NEED you. They need your presence. They need your attention.
Get involved in their daily lives.
Ask them important questions about their lives.
Affirm them. Speak positively over their lives.
Please never curse them.

1 Like

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by kk2027: 7:12pm On Dec 31, 2022
phemmyfour:
And what do you you think you will reap?

Eye for an eye makes the whole world blind

An eye for an eye in this case will make future deadbeat dads borrow sense

3 Likes

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by dalass(f): 7:18pm On Dec 31, 2022
ceragon123:
grin I get you very very well. Let's not open up here. If I tell him a real live story he will shiver. Truth is, karma is sure. When your children are watching as you are dealing with your father because of his failures, they will set up your own punishment in other places that you have disappointed them. We must never forget that we are not perfect and the aim should always be a chance for a new beginning of goodness that will bind the family with love.

Our actions are being copied in a very special way by close family and friends and only God knows what the people we are teaching with our actions will reproduce.

You're very correct! Beautifully written wink

1 Like

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by GodHimself: 7:24pm On Dec 31, 2022
100 percent.

Men who did not have emotional connections with their fathers usually have a great desire to forge one with their children.

But the modern feminist woman has been using the paternal instinct to manipulate men, to the eventual detriment of the children.

Vinesee:
So many men where pushed away by there wife's and they turned the kids against him. If a man stays to fight and something happens, the world will blame him that he should have left. Personally, I haven't seen my kids in 2 yrs because there mum took them away and I have been in court but the court is not even helping matters, so many adjournment here and there. Most times, it's not the fault of the men but wicked and evil women in there life's. I'm talking from experience
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by toxtimmy: 7:28pm On Dec 31, 2022
wrong... wrong ... and wrong... tomorrow na una go be the first to go church and sit in front row and speak in tongues and forget to read the first page and chapter of the bible that preaches forgiveness.

how can you be a christian that wants to go to heaven without practising forgiveness...

Let me define the word un-forgiveness for you... Un-forgiveness is like taking poison and hoping someone else dies for you taking the poison.

this is your time to shine and let the angels in heaven dance , and have a big party and celebrate your act of forgiveness.

Davidave:

If he didn’t take the responsibility he was supposed to, he doesn’t deserved the sympathy he expects from you.

1 Like

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by ZIMDRILL(m): 7:35pm On Dec 31, 2022
seanwilliam:

Same fate will befall you in your old age.

Some of you spend so much on women/people who have never contributed shishi to your life. So u want to tell me that your father never for once contributed anything to your life? Even when you were young and know nothing ? I can see your mom really poisoned your mind. Good luck .

Anyway
I buy all gift cards and funds( cashapp, greendot, PayPal,zelle, Moneycard skrill,perfect money , Neteller,money gram , western union etc) And WeChat payment all @ your rate . I sell cheap unit /bulk google voice/ Netflix log, vpn ,rdp.

i think you failed to analyse ia point

He has already learnt from
his father, so he wont do the same mistake on his own children
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Kobojunkie: 7:38pm On Dec 31, 2022
toxtimmy:
wrong... wrong ... and wrong... tomorrow na una go be the first to go church and sit in front row and speak in tongues and forget to read the first page and chapter of the bible that preaches forgiveness. how can you be a christian that wants to go to heaven without practising forgiveness...

Let me define the word un-forgiveness for you... Un-forgiveness is like taking poison and hoping someone else dies for you taking the poison.
this is your time to shine and let the angels in heaven dance , and have a big party and celebrate your act of forgiveness.
Being a follower of Jesus Christ does not call for foolishness! Forgive those who err against you does not mean you have to then sit and continue to accept their bullsheet... no, you can cut off from them instead. When you forgive a person, it means you forgive them for the faults and hurts against you in the past. You become nothing but a fool when you then sit back and allow that person to continue to hurt you. undecided

If you were abandoned by a parent, you can forgive that parent and move on to living your life without such a person. God didn't call anyone to become a punching bag in the name of Jesus Christ. Please stop preaching that He did abeg! undecided

4 Likes

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Ate247(m): 7:41pm On Dec 31, 2022
Bethanybethel:
You are right my dad is paying the price for abandoning us with our sick mother. He have some health issues I have decided not to help him, he will suffer until his last breath on earth..
what ever you Father did to you, made you a useless child.
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Kobojunkie: 7:42pm On Dec 31, 2022
Bethanybethel:
You are right my dad is paying the price for abandoning us with our sick mother. He have some health issues I have decided not to help him, he will suffer until his last breath on earth..
That you even know how he is doing is a big deal. Me? Once you stab me, I go forgive your arse right there and then and let you know that I have, too. This is right before I run 4-40 the hell away from you and your ilk for life self. You no go see my back ever again! grin

1 Like

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Kobojunkie: 7:43pm On Dec 31, 2022
Ate247:
what ever you Father did to you, made you a useless child.
Abeg fk off! undecided
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by seunmsg(m): 7:44pm On Dec 31, 2022
Bethanybethel:

Every man out their should do everything to secure his future in retirement. We must all have a solid retirement plan that can provide for our needs when we can no longer hustle. This plan must not include our children providing for us and no our old age.

While we must do everything to ensure that our children get the best of education and support they desire, they must not be our retirement plan. Children of nowadays are even worse. They find all kind of excuses to abandon their parents (fathers especially). We’ve seen kids like Rinu and co threaten to starve their parents to death if they don’t support a particular candidate. Fathers must avoid a situation where they will depend on their children for food, health care and other basic needs.

1 Like

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by shortgun(m): 7:45pm On Dec 31, 2022
kk2027:

The child suffered emotional negligence from his father.

Infact there are kids you'd think they never had a father
I never knew they had fathers like the poster's father
It's only when a boy becomes a man that he will understand what it means to be a man.

No sane man will ever abandon his kids for no good reason and no man will leave a good woman.
I know a man who left his kids quietly when he discovered they were not his and he didn't want to shame his wife....he just left quietly.
He was still sending money for their upkeep. Do you know the devil of a woman still poisoned the mind of the kids against this man? telling them how heartless their father was, how he abandoned them.
This was how people got to know cos the man now had to open up.
Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Kobojunkie: 7:46pm On Dec 31, 2022
seunmsg:
Every man out their should do everything to secure his future in retirement. We must all have a solid retirement plan that can provide for our needs when we can no longer hustle. This plan must not include our children providing for us and no our old age.

While we must do everything to ensure that our children get the best of education and support they desire, they must not be our retirement plan. Children of nowadays are even worse. They find all kind of excuses to abandon their parents (fathers especially). We’ve seen kids like Rinu and co threaten to starve their parents to death if they don’t support a particular candidate. Fathers must avoid a situation where they will depend on their children for food, health care and other basic needs.
Are the children worse or the parents finally paying for their foolish decisions in life? undecided

1 Like

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by dalass(f): 7:47pm On Dec 31, 2022
kk2027:

An eye for an eye in this case will make future deadbeat dads borrow sense

Hope you do realize that you are not perfect. What you are doing right in your own eyes could be so wrong and may be even termed as wicked in another's eyes. Whatever you do to your father will be returned to you. wink I come in peace

Have a forgiving heart. Its in the Lord's prayer because God knows we will be offended and we need to heal and peace in our hearts by the forgiveness we offer others.

Some men should put it in mind that there's a future where you will not have the strength, money, position like before and you will need your family like protection around you. Please be wise

1 Like

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by Kobojunkie: 7:49pm On Dec 31, 2022
shortgun:
It's only when a boy becomes a man that he will understand what it means to be a man.

No sane man will ever abandon his kids for no good reason and no man will leave a good woman. I know a man who left his kids quietly when he discovered they were not his and he didn't want to shame his wife....he just left quietly. He was still sending money for their upkeep. Do you know the devil of a woman still poisoned the mind of the kids against this man? telling them how heartless their father was, how he abandoned them. This was how people got to know cos the man now had to opened up.
So, can you at least now see the foolishness of the man not opening up in the beginning about the reason why he chose to abandon the children in the first place? Problems don't always automagically create themselves .... people create most of them. undecided

1 Like

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by kk2027: 7:51pm On Dec 31, 2022
dalass:

Hope you do realize that you are not perfect. What you are doing right in your own eyes could be so wrong and may be even termed as wicked in another's eyes. Whatever you do to your father will be returned to you. wink I come in peace

Have a forgiving heart. Its in the Lord's prayer because God knows we will be offended and we need to heal and peace in our hearts by the forgiveness we offer others.

Some men should put it in mind that there's a future where you will not have the strength, money, position like before and you will need your family like protection around you. Please be wise

Why didnt the father forgive his kids or the mother of his kids?

1 Like

Re: This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children by kk2027: 7:52pm On Dec 31, 2022
shortgun:

No sane man will ever abandon his kids for no good reason and no man will leave a good woman.
I know a man who left his kids quietly when he discovered they were not his and he didn't want to shame his wife....he just left quietly.
He was still sending money for their upkeep. Do you know the devil of a woman still poisoned the mind of the kids against this man? telling them how heartless their father was, how he abandoned them.
This was how people got to know cos the man now had to opened up.

No kid abandons the father for no good reason

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

84-Year-Old Kenyan Man Returns Home, Discovers That His 2 Wives Had Remarried / My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit / Nigerian Children - Boys Were Asked To Slap A Girl. See What Happened Next!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.