Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,459 members, 7,812,404 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:52 PM

What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? (36025 Views)

Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures / Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less / A Drive Through Tinapa Resort In Calabar(2022 Review) What Exactly Happened? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by headboyprince(m): 12:58pm On Dec 26, 2022
MrCuteking:

You nailed it bro.
In terms of corruption, you can also bypass long queues even when you come late. grin

Some estates have started running 24hours power supply using gas generator.

For those earning in dollars, they enjoy the exchange rate. Omo life is somehow sweet staying here, honestly.

Then ask yourself why politicians and billionoares always japa since life is sweet here... grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by ahiboilandgas: 12:58pm On Dec 26, 2022
[quote author=JBArokonkwo1 post=119442599][/quote]bad education but this are the same set of POORLY educated Nigerians from public school that the UK employ direct to work in hospital .now they are after our teacher too especially course in chemistry,Math and physic. So the POORLY educated Nigerians are passing plab exam ,IELTS,CFA and working abroad. You no get point
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Satazaa: 12:58pm On Dec 26, 2022
lessonotes:
What type of money? Is it Comfortable, Rich, Wealthy or Prosperous?
What location? Provided the flash points of insecurity are taken away; the K states in Nigeria, etc

Categories Below:

You're comfortable - NGN2,000,000 - NGN4,000,000 Monthly
- You can live in a beautiful duplex in Lagos, either yearly rent (magodo, ikeja, maryland etc or you built, so many locations in Lagos)
- With that amount, you can use any of these hospitals (Lagoon, EKO, Duchess, St. Ives for kids), etc.
- Get 24 Hrs Solar and Inverter in place. With NGN1,200,000 you can get a decent installation with 6 solar panels and 2 dry cell inverter batteries
- Get Starlink or live in Fibre One coverage areas in Lagos
- Buy a decent car, one payment if you want tokunbo or approach Stanbic IBTC, subscribe for one of their Money Funds, then use the Money fund to get a loan and buy a new car.
- Save 2 months salary and go for holiday in any of the topmost destinations - UK, US, Canada or Swiss

You're Rich - NGN5,000,000 - NGN10,000,000 Monthly
- You can live in a beautiful duplex in Lagos, either yearly rent, I have added Ikoyi and many others to this list
- With that amount, you can use any of these hospitals (Lagoon, EKO, Duchess, St. Ives for kids), etc.
- Get 24 Hrs Solar and Inverter in place. With NGN2,400,000 you can get a decent installation with 14 solar panels and 4 dry cell inverter batteries
- Ride a new car.

You're Wealthy - NGN15,000,000 - NGN35,000,000 Monthly
- You can live in a beautiful duplex in Lagos, you can have an estate
- Get 24 Hrs Solar and Inverter in place. With NGN3,800,000 you can get a decent installation with 20 solar panels and 8 dry cell inverter batteries
- Ride any new car of your choice.
- Travel any of the topmost destinations - UK, US, Canada or Swiss

You're Prosperous - NGN35,000,000 > Above
- You can live in Bourdillon
- With that amount, you can use any of these hospitals (Lagoon, EKO, Duchess Ikeja, St. Ives for kids), etc.
- Get 24 Hrs Solar and Inverter in place. With NGN3,800,000 you can get a decent installation with 20 solar panels and 8 dry cell inverter batteries
- Ride any new car of your choice.
- Travel any of the topmost destinations - UK, US, Canada or Swiss or Buy citizenship with the exception of Swiss,Qatar or Kuwait

You're Flourishing - NGN...

Now this is just Lagos, other states in Nigeria is far far cheaper, I agree that security is an issue in Nigeria, this is due to the endemic poverty prevalent around. If you want to be contented with your wealth, you can setup a foundation and that will give you contentment.

Also in advanced countries, security is also an issue. France isn't safe, gun violence in the states, robberies in UK, maybe swiss is better.

Also you don't get to pay for Gas, TV and so much of what the advanced countries tax their citizens.

wow quite brilliant and insightful �������
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by GloriousGbola: 1:00pm On Dec 26, 2022
ibkayee:

Fair enough @ solar panels grin

Naa sukkot don miss an again.

You still need batteries that you will replace every two to three years

And all this solar noise - unless you are a spartan with no acs in your house and an alternative system for laundry, ironing, and warm water, na wash.

6 Likes

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by shinealight(m): 1:00pm On Dec 26, 2022
ahiboilandgas:
sorry the king of ikejia. The estate is after ikejia police barracks after ikejia under bridge by oial
conoil rd There is a Forte oil station opp the estate gate .micrants are not allow in

Lolzzzzzz! grin grin grin
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by sukkot: 1:01pm On Dec 26, 2022
GloriousGbola:

Yes and no.

Your water purification system is basic water purification. There are all sorts of pollutants in the water. As a naija matter, with no proper regulation, no one is actually taking the time to properly analyse and test the water. Just so your standard water treatment.

It is one of our problems. Over saturation of industries with elite quacks
well i lived in a house with water pump and water purification system for a whole year in 2019. the water was very fresh. some people drank it ( i didnt ) and everybody was fine. no one fell sick and no one died. so i guess it depends on the quality of the water purification system you get
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Jaquar456: 1:01pm On Dec 26, 2022
Long queue of girls waiting outside their bedroom door waiting to collect
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Jakumo(m): 1:02pm On Dec 26, 2022
Graficient:
Women, and to pepper the poor around you

Chai! Chai ! Chai! I am in the presence of a philosopher.

Nigerian women are ILLEGALLY sexy and fit when they are aged 20 to 23. Women of that age in the USA mostly weigh 200 pounds of fat asz and worse, they started popping out kids at 15 years old so they look worn out and matronly by 20.

Do not ask me why because I couldn't care less as to the reasons for that glaring difference in the way African women look in comparison to black American women. All I know is that every frigging day I spend in any town or village in Nigeria, I damn near suffer whiplash spinning my head around to look at the busty young women with firm flat waistlines and compact butts literally everywhere I look. The sheer number of amazingly hot Nigerian women one sees out and about any given day in Nigeria, almost makes it worthwhile to live there long term, purely for the sex with a variety of young women sporting full and firm jiggly racks that could easily qualify them to work as lingerie models in the West.

In sharp contrast, you could spend weeks in any typical American ghetto occupied by blacks, and a good 90% of the young women you see will be fat slobs with a bunch of kids from different absentee street thugs.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by sukkot: 1:02pm On Dec 26, 2022
GloriousGbola:

And all this solar noise - unless you are a spartan with no acs in your house and an alternative system for laundry, ironing, and warm water, na wash.
of course everybody knows that. thats basic. does that have to be said ? to store the juice.
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by pansophist(m): 1:02pm On Dec 26, 2022
ahiboilandgas:
Good warm weather at no cost ! Low cost of living relative to income , ease of setting new business , more return on investment .prestige, culture , bigger houses (all paid ) zero racism and no glass ceilings. Natural organic food . For electricity we now have over 22 hours daily band A solar cover up for the rest .no student debt (70000 USD) per child, no 40 tax on incomes no inheritance levy no Mass shooting .family values ( state promoting gays and gay bishop) cheap subsided fuel .low debt burden car insurance is just 20k .no property sharing on divorce. Polygamy .community engagement (no invidualism)

Sweet. Let me add to this.

A sense of belonging, closer to family and friends, no psychological burden of being racially conscious (eg not doubting if you couldn't get a job/house/partner because of your race).

social know-how (you know someone that knows someone that can help you get something done), your type is the default (eg the president, governor/soldier looks and talk like you).

No romantic visibility (immigrants are typically romantically invincible), not being too self-aware (also known as "double consciousness" by the legend psychologist Web du Bois), no racism.

Home may be bad, but it's not hell. Moving abroad is just transition from one difficulties to another, so pick your poison and carry with grace the one you can bear.

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by ahiboilandgas: 1:03pm On Dec 26, 2022
[quote author=JBArokonkwo1 post=119442599][/quote]the 900 mega watt shiroro dam is completed, the 400 dadin kowa dam completed the 10mw kano tiga completed .the simen deal signed and equipment delivered too this are all public .Most public university have 24 electricity via solar system BUk,Abu , unilag and oau .then 3 main markets too sabon garri arira and one in Lagos have 24 hours electricity all commission by osinbajo .So we are progressing no as fast as we desire

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by chukkystar(m): 1:04pm On Dec 26, 2022
headboyprince:
remove paradise from the word Nigerian, this country is hell.. grin
bro U know Life is how You view it and it also depends alot on our immediate environment. It's not everyone in Europe that Loves Life, they have the highest Suicide Rate.
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by headboyprince(m): 1:04pm On Dec 26, 2022
sukkot:
you totally wrong about dat. only politicians who spend the peoples money do that madness. all rich people who make their own hard earned money go see private doctors in nigeria. dont mistake kleptocrats for rich nigerians now. and it seems you are not aware that we have medical helicopters now ? gurl yo ass being away from the country too long you done lost touch with reality undecided
Just stop it okay...don't even compare health care abroad to Nigeria....

private doctors my foot...a normal hospital in the us will beat this hospital you uploaded in terms of equipments and medical facilities...

grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by ibkayee(f): 1:07pm On Dec 26, 2022
GloriousGbola:

I wanted to bring up a similar rebuttal but he could easily just say it will be sorted with money. grin

To me, whilst the money may be there, this is just an overkill amount of money and effort to exert on something that’s supposed to be a basic human amenity

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by sukkot: 1:07pm On Dec 26, 2022
headboyprince:

Just stop it okay...don't even compare health care abroad to Nigeria....

private doctors my foot...a normal hospital in the us will beat this hospital you uploaded in terms of equipments and medical facilities...

grin grin
its not even about the facilities and equipment. the whole medical field in the usa is controlled by insurance companies and they only want profit so they instruct the doctors to push the patients out after minimal care and get the next patient in. and woe betide you if your insurance policy is rejected you wee just die on hospital doorstep. grin cheesy

6 Likes

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by sukkot: 1:09pm On Dec 26, 2022
ibkayee:

I wanted to bring up a similar rebuttal but he could easily just say it will be sorted with money. grin

To me, whilst the money may be there, this is just an overkill amount of money and effort to exert on something that’s supposed to be a basic human amenity
which is the whole Premise of the thread is about RICH PEOPLE grin grin grin grin
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by headboyprince(m): 1:09pm On Dec 26, 2022
chukkystar:
bro U know Life is how You view it and it also depends alot on our immediate environment. It's not everyone in Europe that Loves Life, they have the highest Suicide Rate.
while Nigeria has highest rate of insurgency,
army robber's,
kidnappers,
boko haram,
Fulani herdsmen....
Hunger

Suicide is preventative with therapy and right measures

but please how do you prevent all the above I mentioned. Even buhari your president has no idea grin

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Dec 26, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
Probably women. You can get your penis sucked in Nigeria even if you are very ugly for some suya and ice cream but you would need serious game and nice looks and six packs to pull it off in a western country even with money. I dont see anything else aside that.
Money is a universal language bro. You can get any woman anywhere in the world as long as you have money, even if you're ugly or not appealing.

5 Likes

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by ibkayee(f): 1:10pm On Dec 26, 2022
sukkot:
which is the whole Premise of the thread is about RICH PEOPLE grin grin grin grin
Ehen that’s why I did not go any further grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Eriokanmi: 1:13pm On Dec 26, 2022
You enjoy total freedom
You own your house and cars as you put down your money and pay 100% , no mortgage which you couid lose, as obtains abroad.

You're less likely to accumulate debt unlike those living abroad as well. Food is very cheap here, so is leased property. Flight ticket is cheaper in Nigeria and we don't pay much taxes.
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by occfx: 1:16pm On Dec 26, 2022
Gerrard59:
While discussing with some buddies yesterday, we touched on the topic “moving back to Nigeria”. I argued that Nigeria is not safe. Sure, there are places that are pretty “safe”. However, my notion of safety is when other people elsewhere can go about their normal activities without fear. For instance, I don’t consider a place safe if one part of the area keeps suffering repeated attacks from Fulani herdsmen (like Southern Kaduna and Plateau). I don’t have to be the affected party, but others who go about their normal activities should feel safe doing them. The other guy countered that, with money, one could enjoy Nigeria. “Live in Maitama, run Lister generator and live quietly.” Also, you get to be in a place where almost everyone looks like you.

Upon hearing “…with money, one can enjoy Nigeria”, I asked him to list five things/ways one can enjoy Nigeria as long as the person has money. Surprisingly, he could not mention one thing/way. I thought it wise to throw it to the house, especially for those who are anti-Japa or those who have stayed abroad for a long time and currently reside in Nigeria.

As someone with money, what exactly does the person enjoy in Nigeria? What are the differences compared to his/her counterpart in say, Namibia or Canada/UK that also has money? How do you enjoy Nigeria provided the money is available?

P.S. I understand that the notion of “enjoyment” is largely subjective. Some enjoy going to parties, while others enjoy travelling around or even reading a book while in a park. But I believe there are some universal notions of enjoyment.

If you are peacefully rich, you enjoy steady light, good food, nkwobi, respect and relaxed mind. If you are a ritualist, you enjoy oppression you oppress people and fake praises, if you are a political rich man, you enjoy imunity and above the law. If you are a yahoo boy, you enjoy different fresh kpekus and enough sleep.

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by SPAMBOX7: 1:16pm On Dec 26, 2022
headboyprince:

Too much enjoyment yet all politicians and billionoares japa at the speed of light... Abi you get money pass politicians grin
Which politician japa. Person go just jump waa enter convo

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by faceLAGOS: 1:19pm On Dec 26, 2022
This thread is nauseating.
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by sukkot: 1:19pm On Dec 26, 2022
ibkayee:

Ehen that’s why I did not go any further grin
I get you cheesy
nice topic by the way

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Satazaa: 1:25pm On Dec 26, 2022
yinkeys:
Maybe huge tax cuts like UAE compared to the West
They can treat workers the way they wish to thus paying slave wages. Labour rights seem non existent here if you ask me. Labour is cheaper here. Cobblers etc aren’t paid well for their hard jobs
They can easily afford a ton of housekeeping & other domestic staffs
Food & organic fruits cheaper here (although there’s food stamps over there). You can easily choose to grow some of your food here
You have money to give you know who on the road so you don’t get delayed in traffic
@gerrard59

The disadvantages outweigh the advantages
But we are only talking of the positives today
If a country can’t get security right, then forget about anything else. We are in trouble.
Going out and coming back home safe everyday is by Gods grace
Quality doctors and nurses are leaving everyday
here is my take, if you are able to crack the wealth code and break in to the upper class, nigeria is like paradise for those that are street smart and can navigate thier way through the daily rough patches, if the roads are not good then get a sturdy SUV, if the there is no portable water then get a borehole, if there is no electricity get a gen or solar system for less than 2m, for insecurity some even hire paid policemen, besides a lot of people who get kidnapped are loud and oppressive save for few exceptions of opportunistic kidnappings,
I personally have a very wealthy friend in Abuja who wakes up pray in the morning and go back to sleep, starts his business around 10am thru to 4pm, hits the tennis courts to play or sometime swim, retire back home around 7pm to his family and told me he has never experienced any form of crime in the past ten years, this same guy lost a cousin to knife attack in the UK few years back, so crime and insecurity is everywhere,
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by ibkayee(f): 1:27pm On Dec 26, 2022
sukkot:
I get you cheesy
nice topic by the way
I knew I'd see you here grin
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by erico2k2(m): 1:28pm On Dec 26, 2022
dopedan:
This question hit me o
Na only woman
And no taxes
Cheaper life
you pay loads of Taxes in Nigeria, you pay multiple taxes in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by sukkot: 1:29pm On Dec 26, 2022
ibkayee:

I knew I'd see you here grin
haha yeah i have been typecast on NL cry
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by ibkayee(f): 1:29pm On Dec 26, 2022
sukkot:
haha yeah i have been typecast on NL cry
Astrologist japa enthusiast grin
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by sukkot: 1:30pm On Dec 26, 2022
ibkayee:

Astrologist japa enthusiast grin
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy HEY like the folks say ? 'it is what it is' grin
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by erico2k2(m): 1:30pm On Dec 26, 2022
Gerrard59:
While discussing with some buddies yesterday, we touched on the topic “moving back to Nigeria”. I argued that Nigeria is not safe. Sure, there are places that are pretty “safe”. However, my notion of safety is when other people elsewhere can go about their normal activities without fear. For instance, I don’t consider a place safe if one part of the area keeps suffering repeated attacks from Fulani herdsmen (like Southern Kaduna and Plateau). I don’t have to be the affected party, but others who go about their normal activities should feel safe doing them. The other guy countered that, with money, one could enjoy Nigeria. “Live in Maitama, run Lister generator and live quietly.” Also, you get to be in a place where almost everyone looks like you.

Upon hearing “…with money, one can enjoy Nigeria”, I asked him to list five things/ways one can enjoy Nigeria as long as the person has money. Surprisingly, he could not mention one thing/way. I thought it wise to throw it to the house, especially for those who are anti-Japa or those who have stayed abroad for a long time and currently reside in Nigeria.

As someone with money, what exactly does the person enjoy in Nigeria? What are the differences compared to his/her counterpart in say, Namibia or Canada/UK that also has money? How do you enjoy Nigeria provided the money is available?

P.S. I understand that the notion of “enjoyment” is largely subjective. Some enjoy going to parties, while others enjoy travelling around or even reading a book while in a park. But I believe there are some universal notions of enjoyment.
Nigeria is not cheap to live in, This question is dependant on ones standard of living. If we have 24/7 electricity in Nigeria loads of people cannot pay for it.They will struggle.

3 Likes

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by yinkeys(m): 1:38pm On Dec 26, 2022
undecided

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Liberia Deports Four Nigerians 10 Years After Bank Robbery Conviction / Nigerian Beaches Have Lost Its Glory. My Journey To Oniru Beach / Vehicle Conveying Bunkering Products Involved In Accident In Delta. Drivers Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.