Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,482 members, 7,812,494 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:13 PM

What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? (36030 Views)

Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures / Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less / A Drive Through Tinapa Resort In Calabar(2022 Review) What Exactly Happened? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by BarrElChapo(m): 2:56pm On Dec 26, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
Probably women. You can get your penis sucked in Nigeria even if you are very ugly for some suya and ice cream but you would need serious game and nice looks and six packs to pull it off in a western country even with money. I dont see anything else aside that.

Not true one bit.
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by AngelicBeing: 2:56pm On Dec 26, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Shebi I dey argue with you before. My eyes don see pepper.
You had good intentions and you planned your gradual movement to Nigeria but even at your decision to move back, l was not too comfortable but l didn't want to argue much with you, if you see what I went through all through the years l tried to settle back permanently in Nigeria, until l took a final decision to just continue to be a visitor, Nigeria don cast oo, several returnees were kidnapped and some were frustrated back to the Western world, sad

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by uche393: 2:56pm On Dec 26, 2022
if I get a second passport today, I will prefer staying in Nigeria but also travel round the world.

we have a lot of advantage in Niger, only insecurity and bad economy.

The only joy I will have to stay in this current Nigeria is if I'm earning in USD.

you will get enough babes to babes to knack with Little or less issues than here in UK.
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by KaptainAfrika: 2:58pm On Dec 26, 2022
You can wake up one morning, put a call to your driver's wife and tell her you will take care of her, you prove this by sending her 500,000.00 Naira. You satiate your lust with her, and she gets pregnant as a result. This is where you rich privilege in Nigeria kicks in - you won't pay child-support for life, everyone will blame the woman and your wife won't divorce you.
You read your wife's IG Post swearing for homewreckers and declaring how much your love for each other is very much strong while her tailor comes out of the shower and joins you in bed in the hotel you booked for your tryst.
Note: Don't try it in the West, you will be so bankrupt ehn!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by prophetfire: 2:58pm On Dec 26, 2022
WibusJaga:

You feel like a king when there are plenty poverty-stricken people around you (including women) that are ready to lick your ass. cheesy
Chai! Nigeria women don suffer for una hands. Just because of their long throat for money.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by AngelicBeing: 3:00pm On Dec 26, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Thanks Bro.

The sad part is I’m not medically fit enough for a flight ti at least Atlanta.
Oh my gosh, it means that you had a fatal accident shocked abeg, once you recover fully, take a break from all your activities in Nigeria oo sad

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Gec2zy(m): 3:00pm On Dec 26, 2022
I pray you travel soon
[1quote author=headboyprince post=119442284]
with that 500k you'll also provide
light,
water,
security,
insurance,
good roads, for yourself.. grin

You'll also need security against
scammers,
boko,
Fulani herdsmen,
Tribalism
evil employees,
witches... angry

Wait you'll also deal with
poor health care,
poor education for your kids,
Poor network

this country even politicians that steal billions japa at the speed of light... cheesy

this country is finished..

so throw all those things you said inside the trash.. there is no flexing in Nigeria, we're all surviving whether you're rich or not grin grin[/quote]
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by AnitaofEurope: 3:04pm On Dec 26, 2022
Gerrard59:
While discussing with some buddies yesterday, we touched on the topic “moving back to Nigeria”. I argued that Nigeria is not safe. Sure, there are places that are pretty “safe”. However, my notion of safety is when other people elsewhere can go about their normal activities without fear. For instance, I don’t consider a place safe if one part of the area keeps suffering repeated attacks from Fulani herdsmen (like Southern Kaduna and Plateau). I don’t have to be the affected party, but others who go about their normal activities should feel safe doing them. The other guy countered that, with money, one could enjoy Nigeria. “Live in Maitama, run Lister generator and live quietly.” Also, you get to be in a place where almost everyone looks like you.

Upon hearing “…with money, one can enjoy Nigeria”, I asked him to list five things/ways one can enjoy Nigeria as long as the person has money. Surprisingly, he could not mention one thing/way. I thought it wise to throw it to the house, especially for those who are anti-Japa or those who have stayed abroad for a long time and currently reside in Nigeria.

As someone with money, what exactly does the person enjoy in Nigeria? What are the differences compared to his/her counterpart in say, Namibia or Canada/UK that also has money? How do you enjoy Nigeria provided the money is available?

P.S. I understand that the notion of “enjoyment” is largely subjective. Some enjoy going to parties, while others enjoy travelling around or even reading a book while in a park. But I believe there are some universal notions of enjoyment.

Nah mumu Dey come back to Nigeria
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by EgunMogaji2: 3:05pm On Dec 26, 2022
shegzhkn:

Egun my gee. How come you didn't know about this before ?, oya wetin happen gan gan, enunciate.

Maybe I’m a slow learner.

I stopped to assist a fellow bike rider who had fallen on Lagos/Ibadan Expressway on Sept 26th. Parked well off the road.

Luckily I haven’t taken my safety gear off as I stepped off the bike because the next thing I knew was me and bike doing a trapeze act in the air. Mr. Akinwale Ogunmodede had left all lanes of traffic to hit me on the side where I parked.

When I came to he had ran away but unlucky for him his bumper with license plate fell off.

I’m very lucky to be alive and very thankful.

To tie in back to the thread. I now appreciate the lack of proper emergency accident response. I just don’t know how money can resolve the issue.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by eben97: 3:06pm On Dec 26, 2022
ahiboilandgas:
honestly they are doing but are overwhelmed! Yesterday 200 boko haram fighter where killed in Bama, 38 bandit in kaduna and 140 in zamafara airstrike . The main problem is not looking at the root causes of this problem . Over 2000 boko haram fighter have been eliminated but within months they regroup and recruit. Cos in the North over 10m kids are on the streets with no education or care. Futher more with over 100m poor citizen's cramp in Nigeria insecurity and desperation will kick In.

been an insider , do you know how many uniform and local viigilante that evil desert called bama has consumed?, i have mourned personally my own blood brothers, mates ,and senior men ever since this mess began.i just weep over the level of the insecererity in the lives of our leaders at the helm of affairs.its like a demon takes over us ,once we take over offices

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by BigName101: 3:08pm On Dec 26, 2022
baretalk:
This whole life, at a point everything go tire you, whether you are in Nigeria or Geneva. Find your inner happiness.
You're very right bros. I thought life abroad was heaven until I got here. While in Nigeria I thought depression was 'greek' until I got here and now suffering from it. Life abroad no be am at all even when you are rich, bills and taxes to dey give you heart attack every month end.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by baretalk: 3:09pm On Dec 26, 2022
Gerrard59:

Well, to you. To me? The Nigerian army is too fractured along ethnic and religious lines to solve the country's security challenges. They are not doing anything if not, the president would have found a lasting situation to the crises in Southern Kaduna and environs. Nothing anyone can tell me about the Nigerian army. Nigerian elites, both political and private, are too wicked, unintelligent, cruel and incompetent for my liking.

We agree to disagree.
Stop being an ungrateful ingrate, you sound like a biafran, enemies of the Nigerian state and army, saying the Nigerian army is not doing anything, makes you an evil liar, or enemy of Nigeria. Politicians and ethno religious bigots like you are the ones destroying Nigeria, the army is one of the institutions keeping us going.
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by shegzhkn: 3:09pm On Dec 26, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

I stopped to assist a fellow bike rider who had fallen on Lagos/Ibadan Expressway on Sept 26th. Parked well off the road.

Luckily I haven’t taken my safety gear off as I stepped off the bike because the next thing I knew was me and bike doing a trapeze act in the air. Mr. Akinwale Ogunmodede had left all lanes of traffic to hit me on the side where I parked.

When I came to he had ran away but unlucky for him his bumper with license plate fell off.

To tie in back to the thread. I now appreciate the lack of proper emergency accident response. I just don’t know how money can resolve the issue.

Geez so sorry man, sorry o.

You gotta be more careful now o, life is precious, sorry sir.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by headboyprince(m): 3:10pm On Dec 26, 2022
Gec2zy:
I pray you travel soon
[1quote author=headboyprince post=119442284]

i need to urgently, but dont have the money to go... wont mind you helping mecry
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by ibkayee(f): 3:11pm On Dec 26, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

I'm so sorry. The driving on that expressway can be crazy, interestingly enough I was on it around that date

People keep talking about being able to get away with things when you're rich in Nigeria but it's not so sweet when you're on the receiving end of someone's lawlessness. Case in point, a hit and run driver

Sorry you went through that

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by baretalk: 3:11pm On Dec 26, 2022
BigName101:
You're very right bros. I thought life abroad was heaven until I got here. While in Nigeria I thought depression was 'greek' until I got here and now suffering from it. Life abroad no be am at all even when you are rich, bills and taxes to dey give you heart attack every month end.
A poor man always think his problems in life is only money, but when money comes, he realizes he still ain't happy, filled or satisfied. May we find our happiness in the simple things of life. Sometimes things we take for granted, are important too.

3 Likes

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by BigName101: 3:15pm On Dec 26, 2022
baretalk:

A poor man always think his problems in life is only money, but when money comes, he realizes he still ain't happy, filled or satisfied. May we find our happiness in the simple things of life. Sometimes things we take for granted, are important too.
I can relate. When I newly got here, I was living with a friend I wasn't comfortable so I wished I'd be able to rent and live in my own apartment, I finally did yet i wasn't fulfilled cos I didn't have a car; I didn't like the fact that I rode on a bicycle now I bought a car thinking my worries would disappear in fact, na now the worries multiply. This life ehnnnn

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by BennyDGreat: 3:19pm On Dec 26, 2022
headboyprince:
dream on...most unsafe place in USA is better than most safest part of Nigeria

I don't agree....and it's based on the facts

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by HRprof: 3:20pm On Dec 26, 2022
uche393:
if I get a second passport today, I will prefer staying in Nigeria but also travel round the world.

we have a lot of advantage in Niger, only insecurity and bad economy.

The only joy I will have to stay in this current Nigeria is if I'm earning in USD.

you will get enough babes to babes to knack with Little or less issues than here in UK.

Why all these nacking of babes talks everywhere on this thread Is that what Nigerian men are good at wink later una go dey console una self say women need am pass . Nonsense grin

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by economania(m): 3:20pm On Dec 26, 2022
Looking for 100% of happiness and enjoyment will not allow you to think of the life hereafter. A sadomasochistic life makes someone know his/her existence in life.

There are some dirty things on the glittering object and there are some dirty objects that produce glittery things. Home is home, our culture is our identity. Destiny is our destination in this world. You may be denied a visa many times but if you are destined that place would be your destination one day.

My prayer is that may we not be worried by pursuing what is not in our destiny.
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by bukatyne(f): 3:20pm On Dec 26, 2022
pansophist:

Sweet. Let me add to this.

A sense of belonging, closer to family and friends, no psychological burden of being racially conscious (eg not doubting if you couldn't get a job/house/partner because of your race).

social know-how (you know someone that knows someone that can help you get something done), your type is the default (eg the president, governor/soldier looks and talk like you).

No romantic visibility (immigrants are typically romantically invincible), not being too self-aware (also known as "double consciousness" by the legend psychologist Web du Bois), no racism.

Home may be bad, but it's not hell. Moving abroad is just transition from one difficulties to another, so pick your poison and carry with grace the one you can bear.

@bold:

Very well said.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by baretalk: 3:21pm On Dec 26, 2022
BigName101:
I can relate. When I newly got here, I was living with a friend I wasn't comfortable so I wished I'd be able to rent and live in my own apartment, I finally did yet i wasn't fulfilled cos I didn't have a car; I didn't like the fact that I rode on a bicycle now I bought a car thinking my worries would disappear in fact, na now the worries multiply. This life ehnnnn
I think it's the mystery of life, a way we humans are humbled by the great creator.
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by EgunMogaji2: 3:27pm On Dec 26, 2022
ratiken:

So sorry about your experience. That is why we always pray “May Nigeria never happen to you”.

Unfortunately, the average Nigerian think only about money, pursue money all his life and forget living.
Your real intent of returning to Nigeria (after self awareness) is different for the average Nigerian residing in Nigeria.
grin
A lot of people I know who went to enjoy the Nigeria they thought about got frustrated after a while. Even being rich and watching your back all the time is not for the faint hearted

I still like Nigeria. Will be going for advanced rehabilitation in the USA early next year but I’ll be back.

I’m just more cognizant of “stuff that money can’t buy” like laying in traffic lanes in the rain and unable to move grin
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by IGBOSON1: 3:31pm On Dec 26, 2022
Feeling superior and smug!
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by ahiboilandgas: 3:34pm On Dec 26, 2022
Babysho:

You didn't give this much thought, did you?

Good warm weather? Warm weather wey dey give sleepless night and bring mosquitoes. Then why do rich people use AC?

Low cost of living? I think you mean low standard of living

Ease of setting up a new business isnt a rich man enjoyment. Anybody can enjoy that as an indigene.

Bigger Houses? Real estate cost in Nigeria and Ghana is X300 of USA.

Racism? Who needs racism when there is hot boiling tribalism.

Again organic food is not a rich man enjoyment.

Adding electricity shows you dont know what you are talking about.

Good schooling is just as expensive in Nigeria as the west and not even the same quality.

Who needs mass shooting when there is kidnapping of Nigerian school girls?

All the other points are not exclusive to rich people.

The one thing rich people enjoy exclusively that is in Nigeria/Africa only is UNCHECKED EXPLOITATION. Nobody will bat an eye if you increase the cost of your products. Minimum wage is 30k and internet monthly sub is 40k haba!

Now let me tell you what wealth should give you because apparently you don't know. Wealth should give you PRIVACY and QUALITY. The richer you are, the more privacy you can afford.
Examples;
(1) Expensive restaurants seating arrangement gives privacy and the best chef is quality.
(2) Cars can only seat 5 people unlike public buses. With more money you can afford Bugatti that seats only 2 people. More privacy and quality.
(3) Private schools literally has the word private in it.
(4) Housing in EXCLUSIVE areas. Far from people. Wealthy figures and celebrities in USA build their houses in the middle of nowhere lol. Some even buy private islands.

It's only in Africa that our rich people do the opposite of these things because they're still chained by the spirit of opppresion so instead of replicating enjoyment in Africa, they still have to take it overseas lol! Exploit Africa, Enjoy Overseas...that's the colonization way.
wetin concern Nigeria rich Man with resturant . When he can employ a cook for 30k and be serve at home .healthy home made food for himself and extended family in his 15 bedroom mansion . You are talking of Yahoo boys those no follow for rich men .

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by evergenuineshop: 3:34pm On Dec 26, 2022
Check our celebs houses in Nigeria Vs their houses abroad, they live in utmost luxury here but can't afford same livestyle a road.

That mansion wey that ehi interior designer built for Nigeria, she no fit stay that kind house for UK or US.

Let's not even talk about their cars here Vs the the care they use abroad.

Davido no fit use that his rolls royce in uk or us for a year task go kill am.
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Huw(m): 3:35pm On Dec 26, 2022
EgunMogaji2:
I pondered this question as I laid down on Lagos Ibadan Expressway at the hands of Mr. Akinwale Ogunmodede who hit me and ran away. For all returnees like me please have an absolute contingency for emergency healthcare.

I’m very lucky to be alive and eternally thankful. Many returnees are not so lucky.

Even the medical professionals will “size you up” and bill you accordingly.

Wishing you speedy recovery ❤️‍�.

You’ve been a subtle advocate for those in diaspora coming home to retire.

It is well

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by deepwater(f): 3:36pm On Dec 26, 2022
emmaodet:
There is a difference between the developed countries and 3rd world countries.

3rd world countries are good to relax and enjoy more because they are cheaper to live with small money compared to the developed world.
Most of my captains who are British, Americans, Russians always go to cheaper countries like Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Nigeria etc for vacations because they get more value with little dollars they take there.

With 500k per month salary for a family of 4 (husband, wife and 2 kids) in Nigeria for example, you can live in a decent 3 bedroom flat and a better life than someone earning equivalent in abroad.
Building a 3 bedroom bungalow cost less than someone abroad with lesser pressure to work.
Your work rate will be lower to sustain such lifestyle than even someone renting a studio abroad.

There is a reason my abroadians are always calculating their currency to nigeria to come and flex when they come home.
Such money is chicken change over there.
Many guys abroad doing dirty jobs and combining 2 jobs are buying lands in high brow areas in nigeria like Lekki but over there, they are more or less a pauper.

Whatever life you think you flex over there or your standard of living, it cost far far less to do that over here.
Finish

Sorry
Please explain what dirty jobs mean ?
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by mrsage(m): 3:45pm On Dec 26, 2022
Interesting
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by sgtponzihater1(m): 3:48pm On Dec 26, 2022
Only plenty runs girls. If you have a heart attack in Maitama, then death Vs life will be determined by God.
Nigeria is a sorry case for now.

3 Likes

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Pat081: 3:50pm On Dec 26, 2022
Na woman both married and single ones you go enjoy them

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Vehicle Conveying Bunkering Products Involved In Accident In Delta. Drivers Dead / Nigerian Beaches Have Lost Its Glory. My Journey To Oniru Beach / Self-driving Buses Where You Pay By Scanning Your Palm,Are Now In China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.