Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,498 members, 7,812,535 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:56 PM

What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? (36034 Views)

Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures / Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less / A Drive Through Tinapa Resort In Calabar(2022 Review) What Exactly Happened? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by ekerintee: 1:39pm On Dec 26, 2022
Nigeria is a sweet place to leave when u have money.When u are rich .I stay abroad and can tell you that categorically that you spend less in Nigeria and you enjoy the fresh air , weather , food , friendly people , less stress when you have money.Abroad,you have to worked really very hard to pay bills monthly.You pay rent monthly abroad, u can spend up to 700k euros or more buying a small house and with that amount, you know what kind of house you can buy in Nigeria.In Nigeria , you can set up any kind of business because you are a citizen ,abroad you can be restricted in some business because you are not or a native indigene.Abroad is a huzzling ground when you are young ,as you get older,home is the best.mypoint of view anyway

lessonotes:
What type of money? Is it Comfortable, Rich, Wealthy or Prosperous?
What location? Provided the flash points of insecurity are taken away; the K states in Nigeria, etc

Categories Below:

You're comfortable - NGN2,000,000 - NGN4,000,000 Monthly
- You can live in a beautiful duplex in Lagos, either yearly rent (magodo, ikeja, maryland etc or you built, so many locations in Lagos)
- With that amount, you can use any of these hospitals (Lagoon, EKO, Duchess, St. Ives for kids), etc.
- Get 24 Hrs Solar and Inverter in place. With NGN1,200,000 you can get a decent installation with 6 solar panels and 2 dry cell inverter batteries
- Get Starlink or live in Fibre One coverage areas in Lagos
- Buy a decent car, one payment if you want tokunbo or approach Stanbic IBTC, subscribe for one of their Money Funds, then use the Money fund to get a loan and buy a new car.
- Save 2 months salary and go for holiday in any of the topmost destinations - UK, US, Canada or Swiss

You're Rich - NGN5,000,000 - NGN10,000,000 Monthly
- You can live in a beautiful duplex in Lagos, either yearly rent, I have added Ikoyi and many others to this list
- With that amount, you can use any of these hospitals (Lagoon, EKO, Duchess, St. Ives for kids), etc.
- Get 24 Hrs Solar and Inverter in place. With NGN2,400,000 you can get a decent installation with 14 solar panels and 4 dry cell inverter batteries
- Ride a new car.

You're Wealthy - NGN15,000,000 - NGN35,000,000 Monthly
- You can live in a beautiful duplex in Lagos, you can have an estate
- Get 24 Hrs Solar and Inverter in place. With NGN3,800,000 you can get a decent installation with 20 solar panels and 8 dry cell inverter batteries
- Ride any new car of your choice.
- Travel any of the topmost destinations - UK, US, Canada or Swiss

You're Prosperous - NGN35,000,000 > Above
- You can live in Bourdillon
- With that amount, you can use any of these hospitals (Lagoon, EKO, Duchess Ikeja, St. Ives for kids), etc.
- Get 24 Hrs Solar and Inverter in place. With NGN3,800,000 you can get a decent installation with 20 solar panels and 8 dry cell inverter batteries
- Ride any new car of your choice.
- Travel any of the topmost destinations - UK, US, Canada or Swiss or Buy citizenship with the exception of Swiss,Qatar or Kuwait

You're Flourishing - NGN...

Now this is just Lagos, other states in Nigeria is far far cheaper, I agree that security is an issue in Nigeria, this is due to the endemic poverty prevalent around. If you want to be contented with your wealth, you can setup a foundation and that will give you contentment.

Also in advanced countries, security is also an issue. France isn't safe, gun violence in the states, robberies in UK, maybe swiss is better.

Also you don't get to pay for Gas, TV and so much of what the advanced countries tax their citizens.

3 Likes

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by casualobserver: 1:54pm On Dec 26, 2022
Gerrard59:
While discussing with some buddies yesterday, we touched on the topic “moving back to Nigeria”. I argued that Nigeria is not safe. Sure, there are places that are pretty “safe”. However, my notion of safety is when other people elsewhere can go about their normal activities without fear. For instance, I don’t consider a place safe if one part of the area keeps suffering repeated attacks from Fulani herdsmen (like Southern Kaduna and Plateau). I don’t have to be the affected party, but others who go about their normal activities should feel safe doing them. The other guy countered that, with money, one could enjoy Nigeria. “Live in Maitama, run Lister generator and live quietly.” Also, you get to be in a place where almost everyone looks like you.

Upon hearing “…with money, one can enjoy Nigeria”, I asked him to list five things/ways one can enjoy Nigeria as long as the person has money. Surprisingly, he could not mention one thing/way. I thought it wise to throw it to the house, especially for those who are anti-Japa or those who have stayed abroad for a long time and currently reside in Nigeria.

As someone with money, what exactly does the person enjoy in Nigeria? What are the differences compared to his/her counterpart in say, Namibia or Canada/UK that also has money? How do you enjoy Nigeria provided the money is available?

P.S. I understand that the notion of “enjoyment” is largely subjective. Some enjoy going to parties, while others enjoy travelling around or even reading a book while in a park. But I believe there are some universal notions of enjoyment.

The main advantage of being in Nigeria has little to do with money and only those who have lived abroad can understand. It is the feeling of being home, being somebody, having an identity, being at peace. I know those who think Nigeria is hell cannot relate.

As far as money goes, your money goes a longer way in Nigeria than it will do for you as a Nigerian elsewhere. You don’t drive, cook, wash or need to do anything for yourself….even your bank manager comes to meet you anywhere you want. There are a lot of advantages but the biggest advantage is you can jet out when you want.

Ofcourse there are many disadvantages of Nigeria money or no money, it’s no doubt a shithole but it is a shithole that can work for you and having lived abroad for many yrs and with a passport that can take me to any country I want mostly without a visa, there is probably no better place to be as a rich man than Nigeria.

As a rich man in Nigeria, you are a law unto yourself. Yes that is exactly what makes Nigeria a shithole but that’s the reality. It’s probably the only country as a Nigerian you can get away with anything!!!
Plus the rich don’t pay taxes!!!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Prometheus666: 1:56pm On Dec 26, 2022
headboyprince:
dream on...most unsafe place in USA is better than most safest part of Nigeria

Ignorance is not wealth
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by EgunMogaji2: 1:56pm On Dec 26, 2022
I pondered this question as I laid down on Lagos Ibadan Expressway at the hands of Mr. Akinwale Ogunmodede who hit me and ran away. For all returnees like me please have an absolute contingency for emergency healthcare.

I’m very lucky to be alive and eternally thankful. Many returnees are not so lucky.

Even the medical professionals will “size you up” and bill you accordingly.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Babysho(m): 2:02pm On Dec 26, 2022
ahiboilandgas:
Good warm weather at no cost ! Low cost of living relative to income , ease of setting new business , more return on investment .prestige, culture , bigger houses (all paid ) zero racism and no glass ceilings. Natural organic food . For electricity we now have over 22 hours daily band A solar cover up for the rest .no student debt (70000 USD) per child, no 40 tax on incomes no inheritance levy no Mass shooting .family values ( state promoting gays and gay bishop) cheap subsided fuel .low debt burden car insurance is just 20k .no property sharing on divorce. Polygamy .community engagement (no invidualism) no old people home to dump me when am old ! no child care bills ( 400 USD per months ) .

You didn't give this much thought, did you?

Good warm weather? Warm weather wey dey give sleepless night and bring mosquitoes. Then why do rich people use AC?

Low cost of living? I think you mean low standard of living

Ease of setting up a new business isnt a rich man enjoyment. Anybody can enjoy that as an indigene.

Bigger Houses? Real estate cost in Nigeria and Ghana is X300 of USA.

Racism? Who needs racism when there is hot boiling tribalism.

Again organic food is not a rich man enjoyment.

Adding electricity shows you dont know what you are talking about.

Good schooling is just as expensive in Nigeria as the west and not even the same quality.

Who needs mass shooting when there is kidnapping of Nigerian school girls?

All the other points are not exclusive to rich people.

The one thing rich people enjoy exclusively that is in Nigeria/Africa only is UNCHECKED EXPLOITATION. Nobody will bat an eye if you increase the cost of your products. Minimum wage is 30k and internet monthly sub is 40k haba!

Now let me tell you what wealth should give you because apparently you don't know. Wealth should give you PRIVACY and QUALITY. The richer you are, the more privacy you can afford.
Examples;
(1) Expensive restaurants seating arrangement gives privacy and the best chef is quality.
(2) Cars can only seat 5 people unlike public buses. With more money you can afford Bugatti that seats only 2 people. More privacy and quality.
(3) Private schools literally has the word private in it.
(4) Housing in EXCLUSIVE areas. Far from people. Wealthy figures and celebrities in USA build their houses in the middle of nowhere lol. Some even buy private islands.

It's only in Africa that our rich people do the opposite of these things because they're still chained by the spirit of opppresion so instead of replicating enjoyment in Africa, they still have to take it overseas lol! Exploit Africa, Enjoy Overseas...that's the colonization way.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by EgunMogaji2: 2:06pm On Dec 26, 2022
yinkeys:

You’re not seeing long term & your children can be pulled back into middle class or below middle class
This was what happen to my father
What if your child wants to be a footballer, he’d be stuck in this poverty promoting society
Do you know how many dreams or Leo messi’s this country has consumed
We don’t have a stable economy
Your strong currency ten years ago has been devalued, you may think you’re rich but leave the country first all thanks to bad policies
Ok o , pray none of your loved ones need emergency world class operation.
The country can be named 99 ways to kill someone
Don’t say what you don’t know with regards to security. People travel daily to other parts of the country for school, work or business by road & get kidnapped
There was a retired general in the Air Force that was kidnapped and murdered few years ago
He was the number one military man in Nigeria while still active in service.
His name is Badeh
Just pray bad event don’t befall your family
UK don cast o, whose talking of UK

This. Money cannot easily help you.
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by headboyprince(m): 2:09pm On Dec 26, 2022
SPAMBOX7:
Which politician japa. Person go just jump waa enter convo
keep asking me,
buhari your president is a londoneer cheesy
no politician child lives in nigeria, they're all abroad, cheesy
all billionaires and rich men have visa so they can japa at any time, they're only in nigeria for their business grin

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by EgunMogaji2: 2:12pm On Dec 26, 2022
GloriousGbola:
To be frank no one is guaranteed health in Nigeria.

Covid made that clear. But even without covid, people who require emergency services will die. Blocked road, insufficient hospital infrastructure, you name it.

It happens all the time.

It is why I cannot understand people thinking they can jog at night or ride bikes on roads. Once you are in any critical injury with a narrow treatment window, you are gone.

I found this out the hard way.
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by EgunMogaji2: 2:13pm On Dec 26, 2022
Tinyemeka:

I'll save your post.

I've been saying I'm planning towards returning back to Nigeria in the future, but acquaintances have refused to agree with my viewpoint.

My unrequested opinion.

Die any idea of moving to Nigeria.

Retire to your home country and at best come to Nigeria for vacations.
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by shegzhkn: 2:18pm On Dec 26, 2022
headboyprince:

Just like politicians right??....all Nigerians think alike that's why this country will never get better tufiawaka angry

Lol, you can't win this people.

It like teaching calculus to a 2 year old child, e no fit get am
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by headboyprince(m): 2:21pm On Dec 26, 2022
Prometheus666:

Ignorance is not wealth

you're too dull for my liking, your dullness is giving me bubu kind of vibes.... grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by GloriousGbola: 2:24pm On Dec 26, 2022
EgunMogaji2:
I pondered this question as I laid down on Lagos Ibadan Expressway at the hands of Mr. Akinwale Ogunmodede who hit me and ran away. For all returnees like me please have an absolute contingency for emergency healthcare.

I’m very lucky to be alive and eternally thankful. Many returnees are not so lucky.

Sorry about this.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Dec 26, 2022
Too many Ignorant people on this thread.

Most Black Men "Nigerian Negroes" will never disappoints you. They are exactly where they are supposed to be. There Is no CoIncidence.
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Dec 26, 2022
Gerrard59:

As someone with money, what exactly does the person enjoy in Nigeria? What are the differences compared to his/her counterpart in say, Namibia or Canada/UK that also has money? How do you enjoy Nigeria provided the money is available?

P.S. I understand that the notion of “enjoyment” is largely subjective. Some enjoy going to parties, while others enjoy travelling around or even reading a book while in a park. But I believe there are some universal notions of enjoyment.

The best things one can really enjoy are things money cannot buy. Good health, contentment, peace with self and nature, loving family and friends and a feeling of self satisfaction. It's one reason I can live almost anywhere and still "enjoy" my life.
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Nobodysboo(m): 2:29pm On Dec 26, 2022
Freedom
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Davidoff2000: 2:30pm On Dec 26, 2022
Gbam
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Babysho(m): 2:32pm On Dec 26, 2022
It is such a pity that the elites are also the ones in control of our government.

THE ONLY THING WEALTHY NIGERIANS ENJOY EXCLUSIVELY AND PROPERLY IS OPPRESSION AND LAZINESS BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T MAKE THEIR WEALTH THROUGH HARDWORK.

(1) The elites in Nigeria are so rich but lazy and poor mentally that when they build their houses, they don't even have personal taste. Even wealthy Nigerian architects no get taste. Everybody's house looks the same! LAZINESS

(2) When they(politicians and elites) buy fast cars, they see that the quality of the asphalt in Nigeria isn't good enough so instead of fixing that for everybody, they would rather travel out to Switzerland to rent cars than build roads because it means the masses will also enjoy that road. LAZINESS AND OPPRESSION.

(3) The elites see that some areas in Nigeria is more picturesque for vacations than anywhere in the world but instead of tackling security, they would rather travel out to Italy. LAZINESS AND GREEDINESS.

(4) The elites in Nigeria are so lazy and full of oppressive spirit that instead of building beautiful road networks and their dream glass homes in villages where there is greenery and canals so they can have privacy, they would rather live where the Europeans did. See millions of "rich men" in Lagos Island traffic everyday. FOOLHARDY, POOR TASTE AND OPPRESSION.

I can go on and on. Everything that is wrong with Nigeria, if you use the elite oppression lens to look at them, you'll see clearly why it is so.

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Dec 26, 2022
Freedom!

You get excess freedom and you above the law
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by ViktorCash: 2:34pm On Dec 26, 2022
Funny enough you are comparing with USA. Why not compare with countries like Dubai or China grin.
ahiboilandgas:
Good warm weather at no cost ! Low cost of living relative to income , ease of setting new business , more return on investment .prestige, culture , bigger houses (all paid ) zero racism and no glass ceilings. Natural organic food . For electricity we now have over 22 hours daily band A solar cover up for the rest .no student debt (70000 USD) per child, no 40 tax on incomes no inheritance levy no Mass shooting .family values ( state promoting gays and gay bishop) cheap subsided fuel .low debt burden car insurance is just 20k .no property sharing on divorce. Polygamy .community engagement (no invidualism) no old people home to dump me when am old ! no child care bills ( 400 USD per months ) .

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by eben97: 2:35pm On Dec 26, 2022
ahiboilandgas:
honestly they are doing but are overwhelmed! Yesterday 200 boko haram fighter where killed in Bama, 38 bandit in kaduna and 140 in zamafara airstrike . The main problem is not looking at the root causes of this problem . Over 2000 boko haram fighter have been eliminated but within months they regroup and recruit. Cos in the North over 10m kids are on the streets with no education or care. Futher more with over 100m poor citizen's cramp in Nigeria insecurity and desperation will kick In.

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by shegzhkn: 2:36pm On Dec 26, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

I found this out the hard way.

Egun my gee. How come you didn't know about this before ?, oya wetin happen gan gan, enunciate.
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Dec 26, 2022
gonkin:
Less taxes and ability to step on people that aint got up to u

You will be subdued Spiritually In everlasting excruciating Pains with your money. Awon olowo Werey.

I trust my people, Your eye go clear fiam.
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by shegzhkn: 2:40pm On Dec 26, 2022
Babysho:
A lot of Nigerian elites are rich in finance but low mentally.

That should tell you something is wrong, you can't make it beyond your IQ, hell fvcking no.

But not in Africa.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by AngelicBeing: 2:42pm On Dec 26, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Huh, sorry for your ordeal EgunMogaji2, no wonder, you hardly post in property section, l hope and trust you are doing fine, stay safe Buddy and wish you a beautiful 2023 sad

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by dbestuncle: 2:45pm On Dec 26, 2022
You dey believe them? No b this kind news we hear every time election is close?

ahiboilandgas:
honestly they are doing but are overwhelmed! Yesterday 200 boko haram fighter where killed in Bama, 38 bandit in kaduna and 140 in zamafara airstrike . The main problem is not looking at the root causes of this problem . Over 2000 boko haram fighter have been eliminated but within months they regroup and recruit. Cos in the North over 10m kids are on the streets with no education or care. Futher more with over 100m poor citizen's cramp in Nigeria insecurity and desperation will kick In.

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by SunTzu123(m): 2:48pm On Dec 26, 2022
Because you are not "rich" that's why you won't know what they "enjoy".

Just try and get rich first.
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by AngelicBeing: 2:49pm On Dec 26, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

My unrequested opinion.

Die any idea of moving to Nigeria.

Retire to your home country and at best come to Nigeria for vacations.
Gbamsulotely, this has been my Final decision for years concerning moving back to Nigeria, l still stick to that, I have tasted the ground several times about living in Nigeria, l have invested in Real estate and other investment in Nigeria but I will continue to just visit and disappear, Nigeria don cast cheesy

4 Likes

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Blurpy: 2:51pm On Dec 26, 2022
I’m telling you! Only clubbing and fucking different women. Nothing more !
ratiken:
The rich is Nigeria don’t even know how to enjoy their wealth. Mostly liqour, women and status activities.

What happens to exploring the globe in a yatch?
What happens to traveling and learning other cultures?

What exactly is the enjoyment?

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by EgunMogaji2: 2:52pm On Dec 26, 2022
AngelicBeing:
Gbamsulotely, this has been my Final decision for years concerning moving back to Nigeria, l still stick to that, I have tasted the ground several times about living in Nigeria, l have invested in Real estate and other investment in Nigeria but I will continue to just visit and disappear, Nigeria don cast cheesy

Shebi I dey argue with you before. My eyes don see pepper.

5 Likes

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by EgunMogaji2: 2:54pm On Dec 26, 2022
AngelicBeing:
Huh, sorry for your ordeal EgunMogaji2, no wonder, you hardly post in property section, l hope and trust you are doing fine, stay safe Buddy and wish you a beautiful 2023 sad

Thanks Bro.

The sad part is I’m not medically fit enough for a flight ti at least Atlanta.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Bonny-Bille-Nembe Jetty Port Harcourt In Pictures (Video) / Lone Man Repairs Highway In Ogun To Save Motorists From Gridlock / Why Women Leave Their Husbands Abroad After They Both Japa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.