Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,539 members, 7,812,674 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:20 PM

What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? (36041 Views)

Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures / Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less / A Drive Through Tinapa Resort In Calabar(2022 Review) What Exactly Happened? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by sukkot: 12:27pm On Dec 26, 2022
ibkayee:

Seasons Greetings grin

Buhari and Tinubu likely have private healthcare, what are they doing with the NHS? If a rich Nigerian is sick, chances are they're going abroad for treatment so you should cross that 'advantage' from your list grin

Quality of doctors in Naija is not the issue by the way, what of the availability of adequate facilities in case of an emergency? Also, good luck manoeuvring through all that traffic trying to rush to the hospital
you totally wrong about dat. only politicians who spend the peoples money do that madness. all rich people who make their own hard earned money go see private doctors in nigeria. dont mistake kleptocrats for rich nigerians now. and it seems you are not aware that we have medical helicopters now ? gurl yo ass being away from the country too long you done lost touch with reality undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Elidrisy20: 12:28pm On Dec 26, 2022
Fresh tomatoes grin

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by headboyprince(m): 12:28pm On Dec 26, 2022
Prometheus666:

Nigeria is safer than USA .
dream on...most unsafe place in USA is better than most safest part of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by ibkayee(f): 12:29pm On Dec 26, 2022
sukkot:
grin see question
10 autonomy, off grid life. generate your own water and light
The common man needs to do this too. Even if you have all the money in the world, what exactly is enjoyable about having to generate your own basic amenities tongue

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by somehow: 12:30pm On Dec 26, 2022
leisuretym:

Basic things everyone can easily access in developed countries are the thing the rich are enjoying in Nigeria and feeling special, mere things like house in flooded area, nice car in heavy traffic running A/C , buy very expensive expired food items , spending hug on diesel and generator , moving around with police to avoid been kidnapped

The truly rich people hardly get stuck in traffic.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by sukkot: 12:31pm On Dec 26, 2022
ibkayee:

The common man needs to do this too. Even if you have all the money in the world, what exactly is enjoyable about having to generate your own basic amenities tongue

no bills mayne lol. free water from the ground. act like you know bout this good life now grin grin

your problem is you are too used to british suffering. one white man bring bill of 100 pounds just because i am using free water that YAH provided for us all cry

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by oluwaseyi0: 12:31pm On Dec 26, 2022
vislabraye:

With enough money, you can be secure. But, come to think of it, is Nigeria more unsafe than US or UK?
There's mass shooting in US (at least once a year), gang crime, police shootings etc. UK also has it's own case of violence. Not saying Naija is safer, though. But if you can afford to live in a rich neighborhood, you will only hear of it but won't even see it.
Btw, UK and US are overrated. There are other cool European nations.

US mass shooting is at least 2 to 3 times per week, their media is doing overtime to prevent most of the news from going mainstream everytime

So so many unreported or underreported shootings yet the still keep turning down bills to disarm non security peps

They are even overwoke to claim guns don't kill, that it's people that kill which I usually reply that everyone should be legalize to own nuclear weapons after all weapons don't kill

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by ibkayee(f): 12:34pm On Dec 26, 2022
sukkot:
you totally wrong about dat. only politicians who spend the peoples money do that madness. all rich people who make their own hard earned money go see private doctors in nigeria. dont mistake kleptocrats for rich nigerians now. and it seems you are not aware that we have medical helicopters now ? gurl yo ass being away from the country too long you done lost touch with reality undecided
That's nice, how many of these helicopters are there? How consistent is the service and is this service offered outside of Lagos? grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by sukkot: 12:35pm On Dec 26, 2022
Tinyemeka:

I'll save your post.

I've been saying I'm planning towards returning back to Nigeria in the future, but acquaintances have refused to agree with my viewpoint.
YES SIR please do save it. they are valid points
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by ibkayee(f): 12:37pm On Dec 26, 2022
sukkot:
no bills mayne lol. free water from the ground. act like you know bout this good life now grin grin

your problem is you are too used to british suffering. one white man bring bill of 100 pounds just because i am using free water that YAH provided for us all cry
Free water from the ground ke? No purification/treatment system to pay for? You just get fresh water, free from all types of bacteria and insects from the ground? grin

Is the light also free? grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by headboyprince(m): 12:37pm On Dec 26, 2022
Smartguyboy:
What are the enjoyment people living abroad are enjoying that people living in Nigeria can’t get ?

Good jobs
good roads
security,
24/7 light,
less noise,
water,
insurance,
good education,
better health care,
enough food...

the list is endless...

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by GloriousGbola: 12:38pm On Dec 26, 2022
sukkot:

No take water from ground in lekki ooo. It is full of all sorts of pollutant. And now that you have clear evidence that some of your neighbours are running meth labs - double jeopardy

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by ahiboilandgas: 12:39pm On Dec 26, 2022
PrettyBolu:

Why do you enjoy lying? I have noticed that you always type lies while trying to promote Nigeria. There is no place like Implex Estates in Ikeja.

Where did you see Implex Estate in Ikeja? I grew up in Ikeja. I know everywhere in Ikeja. Where did you see Implex Estate?
sorry the king of ikejia. The estate is after ikejia police barracks after ikejia under bridge by oial
conoil rd There is a Forte oil station opp the estate gate .micrants are not allow in
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Graficient: 12:39pm On Dec 26, 2022
Women, and to pepper the poor around you

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by JBArokonkwo1(m): 12:40pm On Dec 26, 2022
[quote author=ahiboilandgas post=119436878]Good warm weather at no cost ! Low cost of living relative to income , ease of setting new business , more return on investment .prestige, culture , bigger houses (all paid ) zero racism and no glass ceilings. Natural organic food . For electricity we now have over 22 hours daily band A solar cover up for the rest .no student debt (70000 USD) per child, no 40 tax on incomes no inheritance levy no Mass shooting .family values ( state promoting gays and gay bishop) cheap subsided fuel .low debt burden car insurance is just 20k .no property sharing on divorce. Polygamy .

[/quote

I don't understand how someone will think providing yourself with electricity is normal. Only nija can do that to u.
No racism? Please can the level of tribalism in Nigeria be compared to racism in the west? Or u think tribalism is different from racism?
Mass shooting? Deaths from killings alone in southern kaduna is higher than total number of mass shootings in America! Southern kaduna is a part of a state and not even the entire kaduna state.
No student debt? You call the guguru and groundnut education u have education? Education isn't cheap! U can't get good education with the peanuts people pay as fees in nija!
Cheap fuel? Subsidising fuel has brought Nigeria to the current debt level and poverty and yet u still list cheap fuel as enjoyment?

Car insurance? How many insurance companies will replace your car in nija if stolen or damaged?

Natural organic food? Abi my eyes dey pain me? So we eat synthesised foods here? All the organic foods when we dey buy for Croydon and Peckham na wetin?
Even at cheaper prices than Nigeria relatively to income!
Ease of doing business? With multiple taxation system in nija or even poor power supply thereby making businesses run on generators and increasing cost of doing business,naim diswan dey say ease of doing business?

Na this kind mentality dey make una leaders dey take una for granted!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by sukkot: 12:41pm On Dec 26, 2022
ibkayee:

Free water from the ground ke? No purification/treatment system to pay for? You just get fresh water, free from all types of bacteria and insects from the ground? grin

Is the light also free? grin
nah nah nah you see you buy the pumping machine and the purification system and thats it for life. free purified water for life. act like you know about this good life now gurl.

the light is free too. solar panels .

gurl you just want white zaddy to look after you thats all it is. you want white zaddy to bring you water and light grin
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by headboyprince(m): 12:41pm On Dec 26, 2022
mu2sa2:
"Enjoyment" is a thing of the mind. If you think you're suffering, you are. If you think you're having a good time, you are regardless of the money in your account. That's why you have a lot of people committing suicide in western countries where you think they're enjoying.

Major cause of death in western world is depression but in Nigeria it's hunger, insecurity, bad government, boko haram, Fulani herdsmen, and so on ..

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by sukkot: 12:44pm On Dec 26, 2022
GloriousGbola:

No take water from ground in lekki ooo. It is full of all sorts of pollutant. And now that you have clear evidence that some of your neighbours are running meth labs - double jeopardy
hehe meth lab kwanu ? well they have water purification system that comes with water pumps. just buy that one and you are fine grin
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by NaBanga: 12:44pm On Dec 26, 2022
Realguyman1:
The rich oppressing the poor is what he is talking about as enjoyment. He simply meant that once u have money in Nigeria, u can break the law and commit all manners of atrocities u want and goes scot free with it.

This is the attitude of the average Nigerian. The "enjoyment" is in seeing others suffer.

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by headboyprince(m): 12:46pm On Dec 26, 2022
Mrkumareze:

Lawlessness
Intimidating
U become a mini god

Just like politicians right??....all Nigerians think alike that's why this country will never get better tufiawaka angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by SIRTee15: 12:47pm On Dec 26, 2022
Timmi:

The insecurity is in every country. And Nigeria is relatively safer than most countries in Africa and even in the western world. It’s all about staying safe at where you are.

Nigeria isn't safe.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by shinealight(m): 12:51pm On Dec 26, 2022
Gerrard59:
While discussing with some buddies yesterday, we touched on the topic “moving back to Nigeria”. I argued that Nigeria is not safe. Sure, there are places that are pretty “safe”. However, my notion of safety is when other people elsewhere can go about their normal activities without fear. For instance, I don’t consider a place safe if one part of the area keeps suffering repeated attacks from Fulani herdsmen (like Southern Kaduna and Plateau). I don’t have to be the affected party, but others who go about their normal activities should feel safe doing them. The other guy countered that, with money, one could enjoy Nigeria. “Live in Maitama, run Lister generator and live quietly.” Also, you get to be in a place where almost everyone looks like you.

Upon hearing “…with money, one can enjoy Nigeria”, I asked him to list five things/ways one can enjoy Nigeria as long as the person has money. Surprisingly, he could not mention one thing/way. I thought it wise to throw it to the house, especially for those who are anti-Japa or those who have stayed abroad for a long time and currently reside in Nigeria.

As someone with money, what exactly does the person enjoy in Nigeria? What are the differences compared to his/her counterpart in say, Namibia or Canada/UK that also has money? How do you enjoy Nigeria provided the money is available?

P.S. I understand that the notion of “enjoyment” is largely subjective. Some enjoy going to parties, while others enjoy travelling around or even reading a book while in a park. But I believe there are some universal notions of enjoyment.

The chief benefit of living in Nigeria as a black person (whether or not you’re rich) is that you feel that you’re a free human being like the next fellow and you can claim equal rights like any other person. The sky is your limit and you have the confidence to aspire to be anything you want without being treated like a second class or even third class citizen.
Pray you never fall sick, be involved in an accident or become a victim of a natural disaster in a white man’s country…..that is the day you will appreciate living in an environment where everyone looks like you…..you might just end up being the last to be evacuated or granted assistance. Living in Africa as a black person is a huge benefit that cannot really be quantified in monetary terms.
Your Soul simply feels free to soar aloft in your own land and within the space which is your Creator’s endowment! wink wink

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by headboyprince(m): 12:51pm On Dec 26, 2022
[quote author=JBArokonkwo1 post=119442599][/quote] God bless you you said it all.. Nigerians have very low iq, they can't reason properly again grin grin thry see suffering as a way of life... cheesy

Although I still wonder why Nigerians are trooping to other countries if they can enjoy everything here .. hypocrites grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by ahiboilandgas: 12:52pm On Dec 26, 2022
[quote author=JBArokonkwo1 post=119442599][/quote] you have lost touch with the topic ! He said rich Nigerians .you are pained to find out we are still balling Abi after japing. We now have band A B C D and E .band A enjoys minimum of 22 hours daily @68 Naira per kilo watt .willing buyer willing seller . Within concern rich man with southern kaduna ! If not to purchase farm to farm ginger for export. He is chilling in Asokoro ,lekki and port Harcourt GRA . Reputable insurance pay. I have been paid 10m by sterling insurance 7m by lead way. Insurance pay billion yearly even 3 party is now 3m Naira. And the good thing is that we buy insurance online now and file claim online too and get discharge voucher .return on investment is higher too .The NGX was the best performing markets in 2019 ROI was over 40 .Euro bond 9 treasury bills 15 bond 16 fixed deposit 8 where you wan see such return for .uk
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by ibkayee(f): 12:52pm On Dec 26, 2022
sukkot:
nah nah nah you see you buy the pumping machine and the purification system and thats it for life. free purified water for life. act like you know about this good life now gurl.

the light is free too. solar panels .

gurl you just want white zaddy to look after you thats all it is. you want white zaddy to bring you water and light grin
Fair enough @ solar panels grin
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Dantepet3000: 12:53pm On Dec 26, 2022
If you list advantages and disadvantages we won't finish this argument. It is safe to group how one in Nigeria can enjoy life as a rich person.
1. Security - as a rich person u can decided to choose where is safe for you and your family. Your money can provide security. If u count number of homicide in the western world daily we nogo comot for here.

2. Medical attention- no be me go remind you how bad the situation is but as a rich person u can seek for it anywhere in the world it must not be here.

3. Entertainment- despite our hardship Nigeria is still one of the arenas of Entertainment especially night life. You have to be super rich to even know some locations that are only for members.

4. Tax evation- that one sweet rich people die. This alone is a darling to most rich people.

5. Corruption- rich people love Corruption so its not only a term used or enjoyed by poor people.

6. Sexual gratification- sex is so cheap and trust me rich people love cheap things too and sex is one of them. Poverty has really made sex so cheap.

7. Cost of living despite economy- u can be rich in Nigeria and poor in lets say America.so as a rich person u can afford in Nigeria what u cannot afford in the US

8. you can do anyhow in Nigeria and go scot-free as a rich person

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Haveyoueatentod: 12:54pm On Dec 26, 2022
Air conditioner in your car
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by GloriousGbola: 12:54pm On Dec 26, 2022
sukkot:
hehe meth lab kwanu ? well they have water purification system that comes with water pumps. just buy that one and you are fine grin

Yes and no.

Your water purification system is basic water purification. There are all sorts of pollutants in the water. As a naija matter, with no proper regulation, no one is actually taking the time to properly analyse and test the water. Just so your standard water treatment.

It is one of our problems. Over saturation of industries with elite quacks

They will give you the basic water treatment and you will start ingesting carcinogens etal and thinking you are fine.

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by headboyprince(m): 12:55pm On Dec 26, 2022
SPAMBOX7:
Too much enjoyment full this country if you got a few racks

1. You will run from pussy ( tho most of them be leeches. But you can still be exposed to the ones with something to bring to the table)
2. You will be respected anywhere you go (yes money brings power and respect and power goes hand in hand)
3. You can set up a business and become a boss in less than a month and the ROI will be massive
4. You can get away with lots of things you can't get away with in saner climes. All you have to do is give one two people in charge a few bucks
5. You can live in any environment full of elites and connect with prominent people e.g Ikoyi, Banana, Maitama etc
6. Things are way cheaper compared to yankee.
Etc

The only cons is you gonna attract leeches whether you like it or not. You won't know who love/ respect you for you but if you a sharp guy you will always know where to place who

Too much enjoyment yet all politicians and billionoares japa at the speed of light... Abi you get money pass politicians grin

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by headboyprince(m): 12:55pm On Dec 26, 2022
chukkystar:
If You are Wealthy and an Introvert, Nigeria is Paradise. Just mind Ur Business and grow jejely
remove paradise from the word Nigerian, this country is hell.. grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by sukkot: 12:56pm On Dec 26, 2022
ibkayee:

Fair enough @ solar panels grin

am telling ya gurl you can be off grid comPletely in a nice gated estate and be living it up in nigeria if according to the toPic WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF BEING RICH IN NAIJA. i went past this guys house one time the guy had like 40 huge solar panels on the roof. i counted it. thats enough electricity to power the white house in america cheesy
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by GloriousGbola: 12:57pm On Dec 26, 2022
To be frank no one is guaranteed health in Nigeria.

Covid made that clear. But even without covid, people who require emergency services will die. Blocked road, insufficient hospital infrastructure, you name it.

It happens all the time.

It is why I cannot understand people thinking they can jog at night or ride bikes on roads. Once you are in any critical injury with a narrow treatment window, you are gone.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Lone Man Repairs Highway In Ogun To Save Motorists From Gridlock / Why Women Leave Their Husbands Abroad After They Both Japa / Mass Burial Of 30 People That Died In Accident In Imo (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.