Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! (44076 Views)

Is N150,000 Monthly A Good Salary ? / 774,000 Jobs: Beneficiaries Salary Is N60,000 Monthly - Festus Keyamo / Monthly Salary Of A Federal Road Safety (FRSC) Officer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by Abiliboi: 5:11pm On Jan 15, 2023
150k is not small for a start without experience. I started with security 18k, Casual worker (labour)27k and Sales rep at 40k before Covid came. Still jobless. Please I need job, Bsc. Microbiology 2:2.

3 Likes

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by Jokerman(m): 5:11pm On Jan 15, 2023
LUAN1:
same mentality am having, am always looking for engineering work. This is my 5yrs at home

Bro... try applying for Facility officer job.

You can also be a Realtor for now, and be using that opportunity to seem engineer jobs
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by newsmag: 5:13pm On Jan 15, 2023
This never happened just a writeup; how can a graduate in this current economy reject a job of N150k
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by Jokerman(m): 5:13pm On Jan 15, 2023
Sisib15:
I love reading your posts. It motivates me to do better. I studied English Education. I have two years experience in sales, and business operations. Currently doing my NYSC. I will be through in March. Please i need a job

If you are good at Phonetics/Phonics... why not offer your services to schools around, as a part time job...??

Your teaching will be 1-day per school in a week... depending on how big the school is, you can charge 50-100k per term.

4 Likes

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by dazzlingd(m): 5:14pm On Jan 15, 2023
captaininiobong:

What is kpmg
Browse
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by Jokerman(m): 5:14pm On Jan 15, 2023
LUAN1:
thanks bro. If your company the service of a mechanical engineer you connect me, I have HVAC skill, quality control skill on road construction, ie insititute density test, deflection test.

Wow this is great bro... All these skills.

Nigeria destroys the engineering career...
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by LUAN1: 5:15pm On Jan 15, 2023
Jokerman:

Bro... try applying for Facility officer job.

You can also be a Realtor for now, and be using that opportunity to seem engineer jobs
I haven't seen any yet
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by Sisib15: 5:15pm On Jan 15, 2023
I will need to get certified on that
Jokerman:

If you are good at Phonetics/Phonics... why not offer your services to schools around, as a part time job...??

Your teaching will be 1-day per school in a week... depending on how big the school is, you can charge 50-100k per term.
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by Jokerman(m): 5:17pm On Jan 15, 2023
LUAN1:
I haven't seen any yet

Indeed.com
Linkedin.com

Keep applying... especially for facility officer first...

1 Like

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by Jokerman(m): 5:17pm On Jan 15, 2023
Sisib15:
I will need to get certified on that

Yeah... Google
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by Femich18(m): 5:17pm On Jan 15, 2023
CodeTemplar:
He could have accepted it and just see it as a intern role to learn. It is better to ignore it in his CV if he feels it will dowbgrage him in the eyes of prospective employers.
He's not even the serious type. He should come to lagos and see those earning as low as 50k. I in particular I started with 20k Job as a graduate in a schooll and during the during holidays I go to Ibadan to greet friends working with ISON and Airtel CSR earning around 40k or so. Today all that is story. We thank God for where we all are today. Its well jawe

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by engrrichie92(m): 5:19pm On Jan 15, 2023
My earning journey so far:
40K => 200K+ => 350K => 750K => 900K => 1.3M => 1.5M => over 3M(in Fx)

Moral lesson: don't despise days of little beginnings

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by Cutehector(m): 5:22pm On Jan 15, 2023
engrrichie92:

awesome.. People need to learn to trust in God. Some of them will insult you because of your job and yet come to ask yoh for financial support from the same job they insulted. They should wail in their penury.

3 Likes

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by Mekzmoney(m): 5:25pm On Jan 15, 2023
He's not ready to work... I strongly believe that his family is still taking care of his needs... undecided

I have over 7 years experience in manufacturing and I'm earning 80k gross in Lagos. Paying 350k rent (before I got this current job tho), paying 15k utility bills monthly, feeding kid sis and paying over 20k TFair monthly instead of sitting at home and waiting for that mouth watering salary and a young man without any work experience is rejecting 150k job in Nigeria. Village pipu d follow him then.
grin
IyaTola:
I cannot take up that job, N150,000 monthly salary is too small!

Last year, a fresh graduate rejected the job I got him

I asked him to take the job for 6 months so that he can gather experience for his next job, but he didn't listen

He is still at home trusting God

I have had to advise a lot of graduates and professionals regarding whether to take up a role where the salary is small.

Some think the salary is belittling and not up to their worth.

I have also seen a lot of people on social media advising graduates not to settle for less which I disagree.

Your decision depends on whether you have a job at hand or not.

I believe it's better to accept a job with low salary than sitting at home to do nothing.

Once the salary can cater for your feeding and transport, you are fine.

No experience is a waste and no matter how bad a job is, you will learn something even if it is tolerance and perseverance.

You have an experience to point to.

You can't ask for a lion share (Salary) with a fish brain (no experience)

At the earliest days of my career,

I was living in Mowe -Ibafo axis, Arepo to be precise, working at Yaba and the salary was small,

I do wake up as early as 4:30am to enjoy cheap transport to Ojota

And BRT to Yaba were cheaper compared to 14 seater Bus.

Then, I do take standing in the BRT bus because it is cheaper than taking a seat

Infact standing was my hobby ��

I will get to the office 6am and wait till 8am when other staff will resume.

The pay was small, I worked as late as 8pm but the experience was BIG and worth it.

Later, I joined another company with double salary.

The rest is history today,

If you are in doubt of taking a job because of the pay, accept the offer,

Give your best, learn as much as you can, don't get carried away and keep your eye on your goal.

Remember, if you are too big to do small things, you will be too small to do big things

Do you agree?

2 Likes

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by Sirchiboy: 5:26pm On Jan 15, 2023
IyaTola:
I cannot take up that job, N150,000 monthly salary is too small!

Last year, a fresh graduate rejected the job I got him

I asked him to take the job for 6 months so that he can gather experience for his next job, but he didn't listen

He is still at home trusting God

I have had to advise a lot of graduates and professionals regarding whether to take up a role where the salary is small.

Some think the salary is belittling and not up to their worth.

I have also seen a lot of people on social media advising graduates not to settle for less which I disagree.

Your decision depends on whether you have a job at hand or not.

I believe it's better to accept a job with low salary than sitting at home to do nothing.

Once the salary can cater for your feeding and transport, you are fine.

No experience is a waste and no matter how bad a job is, you will learn something even if it is tolerance and perseverance.

You have an experience to point to.

You can't ask for a lion share (Salary) with a fish brain (no experience)

At the earliest days of my career,

I was living in Mowe -Ibafo axis, Arepo to be precise, working at Yaba and the salary was small,

I do wake up as early as 4:30am to enjoy cheap transport to Ojota

And BRT to Yaba were cheaper compared to 14 seater Bus.

Then, I do take standing in the BRT bus because it is cheaper than taking a seat

Infact standing was my hobby ��

I will get to the office 6am and wait till 8am when other staff will resume.

The pay was small, I worked as late as 8pm but the experience was BIG and worth it.

Later, I joined another company with double salary.

The rest is history today,

If you are in doubt of taking a job because of the pay, accept the offer,

Give your best, learn as much as you can, don't get carried away and keep your eye on your goal.

Remember, if you are too big to do small things, you will be too small to do big things

Do you agree?
Can you help me with the job

2 Likes

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by BigDawsNet: 5:26pm On Jan 15, 2023
LUAN1:
thanking, am learning tho depression is limiting From learning it well, and I don't have something to support myself while learning it.

It's normal for depression to set in...

Anyway try and find something to earn u money thus year... no matter how small...

Nigeria doesn't hav the capability to hire all graduates.. so find something quick pls...

God bless
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by dalass(f): 5:28pm On Jan 15, 2023
DesChyko:

True. Most Nigerian bosses are evil. I am a teacher too and I have a lot of evil things to say about my boss. That's if I choose to ignore all the positives he's had in my life. This is an experience that probably goes the opposite direction of yours.

I started as a lowly graduate teacher of a subject in a private school; but my thirst for self development meant my other skills in tech and guidance/counselling were offered for free to the school and students.

Didn't take long for the students to take to me and I took to them. Soon, I began to have more audience with the boss and took over everything tech-related in the school (website checks, electrical faults, DIYs tutorials, name it) and still teaching.

In addition, my knowledge of vast subject and willingness to read made me a buffer for many subjects. If the teacher is unavailable and I'm free, I'd cover for the subject. A number of staff then said it's eye service but I don't really care. I was doing what I love for a not-so-good pay. Soon, I became the V.P.(Acad) the year before COVID. and you could say it was a good achievement.

During COVID, school shut down for 6 months, my boss paid me salary all through, not 100% salary but better than nothing. The next year, my boss accepted my plea for an increment due to the rising costs and jacked up my current salary then by 50%, making me the highest paid in the school. I forgot to mention that the gifts in cash and kind I get from my boss could be worth up to my three-month salary per year in terms of value. He moved on to pay all the expenses for me to partake in a state-wide competition which I emerged first-runner up, putting the LGA on state map and the school too.

The presence of these achievements in my CV positioned me to land a remote opportunity whose pay dwarfs what I earn at the school by almost 400% in terms of value. My boss agreed to allow me spend only half the normal school time after which I leave to begin the remote task. Note that he didn't reduce my salary; neither did any of the benefits I get cut down.

The first 3 alerts I got this year were from former students I taught; who for one random reason or the other, thought of reaching out. One of my female students who graduated in 2019 has my account sitting in her DM now as per her request yesterday. Not to mention the many ways, many of them used their capacity to help me here and there (even to recommend/purchase quality electronic gadgets or jump those humongous queues at MTN Office grin). My birthday is tomorrow. I can't remember the last time I actually planned to celebrate my birthday. January tough. But not these students/former students. Every year for the past 5 years, they always turn up with plans.

I am Igbo, and we're quite few in my organization, my boss is Yoruba. I could have all sorts of petty things to say about him. I'm sure many of my colleagues will have a lot lot more to say about him. But in the things that matter, he has been a catapult to the very high grounds I find myself today and that is all that really matters to me (not petty things and not other people's opinion of him).

It's a lengthy read but I don't know who is sitting in a similar bus headed in a similar direction. It'll probably work out sooner or later. Just don't stop doing something legit. Anything.

Having a positive mindset, being hardworking and being resourceful is priceless... You have a wonderful go getter mind.. That's amazing

I don't need to tell you to keep it up, you are already reaping the benefits smiley

2 Likes

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by Exceed15: 5:28pm On Jan 15, 2023
He is not suffering.
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by Noble4life(m): 5:30pm On Jan 15, 2023
Ahh!! This life no balance sha. Well, I guess because he's single. Me a graduate of OAU, married with children, doing a driving job for now and hoping to get a better job.

Please nairalanders, I need your financial assistance as my children resumes school tomorrow. Please anything will go a long way. My salary is not much as a driver but better than nothing. Please, I decided to do this cos my kids have been disturbing me if they're resuming tomorrow and I said yes with faith. Please, thank you all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by Pickmycall: 5:32pm On Jan 15, 2023
IyaTola:
shocked Nigeria is messed up. I have a friend Bsc Accounting, MSc Finance bros dey work for club cry
No be by certificate.Is he productive?
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by fotadmowmend(m): 5:33pm On Jan 15, 2023
Seriously... Internet scam and online betting have made our youths lazy. #150 that some people work very hard to get in a calendar year
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by Pickmycall: 5:33pm On Jan 15, 2023
Noble4life:
Ahh!! This life no balance sha. Well, I guess because he's single. Me a graduate of OAU, married with children, doing a driving job for now and hoping to get a better job.

Please nairalanders, I need your financial assistance as my children resumes school tomorrow. Please anything will go a long way. My salary is not much as a driver but better than nothing. Please, I decided to do this cos my kids have been disturbing me if they're resuming tomorrow and I said yes with faith. Please, thank you all.
Why you no cut your coat to your size?No government school for your area?
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by Love800(m): 5:37pm On Jan 15, 2023
Pls sir wat is the phonetics all abt.

And can one without a degree do this?
Jokerman:

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by Jokerman(m): 5:38pm On Jan 15, 2023
Love800:
Pls sir wat is the phonetics all abt.

And can one without a degree do this?
I think you'd have to go for a training abd seminars.... use Google...
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by 5starMan: 5:42pm On Jan 15, 2023
Abeg you get the one of 80k?
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by xenten: 5:43pm On Jan 15, 2023
started with 17000 naira a month. it became 80,000 from there 120k to 300k to 600k to millions now. never despised the days of little beginning

2 Likes

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by free2ryhme: 5:44pm On Jan 15, 2023
starpower:
The red brt does at one time.

There is no red brt. It is lagbus

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by Ovii123(m): 5:45pm On Jan 15, 2023
engrrichie92:

Interested in this bro, please can you put me through abeg, ever ready to learn

1 Like

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by Love800(m): 5:47pm On Jan 15, 2023
Okay. But is it about teaching english in general. Cos i can teach english. or is it something different entirely. Sorry for disturbing
Jokerman:

I think you'd have to go for a training abd seminars.... use Google...
Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by Jokerman(m): 5:49pm On Jan 15, 2023
Love800:
Okay. But is it about teaching english in general. Cos i can teach english. or is it something different entirely. Sorry for disturbing

Yes it's about English... but phonetics is speaking and English sounds.

So you have to go for a training and seminar on it, to keep yourself updated.

Phonetics helps students spell, pronounce and read. So many schools employ the services of these Phonetics teachers... and once you studied English, it gets easier.

Just try using Google to see if there are training and certification centres in Lasgidi

2 Likes

Re: I Cannot Take Up That Job, N150,000 Monthly Salary Is Too Small! by Enumerator(m): 5:50pm On Jan 15, 2023
cheesy
freddie009:

I had the same thought, I was like it had to be an engineering job or nothing. My friends were angry at me, when they give me a job link I would ask if is an engineering job. I didn't go for the concluding stage of UBA interview because I wanted to complete my master probably it will give me a better chance of landing a job in the oil and gas sector, 11 years after graduation. Las las nah teaching I end up.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Man Seeking Job As A Driver Crashes The Company's Car During His Job Interview / Borno School Needs 5000 Teachers / Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.