Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,766 members, 7,831,458 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

Wedding Called Off Due To Incompatible Genotype (Photo) - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Wedding Called Off Due To Incompatible Genotype (Photo) (39262 Views)

Wedding Called Off After Bride Got Pregnant By Another Man / Young Lady Called Off Her Wedding Over Boyfriend's Constant Abuse (photos) / Groom Caught Bride Cheating On Him With His Best Man And Called Off The Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wedding Called Off Due To Incompatible Genotype (Photo) by Lookingback: 5:48pm On Jan 20, 2023
It's good news. Better than bringing in a child to suffer. I know wetin my eye see while growing up. Than God for today am Stronger.
Re: Wedding Called Off Due To Incompatible Genotype (Photo) by debbydams(f): 5:53pm On Jan 20, 2023
doughziay:
Wow, Did they just Notice?

Quite strange but very commendable. We cannot allow emotions & love make us birth children to come into this world to suffer, no matter how much you think you have money.

I recently lost my 3years old niece because she was of SS genotype. All is well.

MODIFIED
I got to know I'm AS when I registered for antenatal, since all this while I tot im AA.I'm just lucky to have a partner thats AA if not maybe I'll be with my mama by now
Re: Wedding Called Off Due To Incompatible Genotype (Photo) by blingxx(m): 5:55pm On Jan 20, 2023
Nmezor:
Wow, so Muslims too dey check genotype before marriage, dat's pretty kool.

This is a dumb post tho .. I hate stereotype undecided

1 Like

Re: Wedding Called Off Due To Incompatible Genotype (Photo) by juman(m): 6:10pm On Jan 20, 2023
They can still marry and have healthy children if they have money to pursue it.
Re: Wedding Called Off Due To Incompatible Genotype (Photo) by LordReed(m): 6:24pm On Jan 20, 2023
Re: Wedding Called Off Due To Incompatible Genotype (Photo) by LordReed(m): 6:30pm On Jan 20, 2023
juman:
They can still marry and have healthy children if they have money to pursue it.

That is playing Russian Roulette with the lives of your children. My colleague was telling me yesterday about his niece that died at 9yrs old, she was SS. Her elder brother was also SS and these are people who had the wherewithal to send the children to a high fee private school. It's not a wise decision for AS to marry AS.

2 Likes

Re: Wedding Called Off Due To Incompatible Genotype (Photo) by Nmezor(f): 6:30pm On Jan 20, 2023
blingxx:

This is a dumb post tho .. I hate stereotype undecided
Oga must you comment?
Re: Wedding Called Off Due To Incompatible Genotype (Photo) by EbenezerTriumph: 6:31pm On Jan 20, 2023
Goodlady:
Genotype is of great consideration. The marriage Wong be sweet when the issue of sickle cell kids comes
you this troll.
I'm watching you
Re: Wedding Called Off Due To Incompatible Genotype (Photo) by AgentnairaIand: 6:39pm On Jan 20, 2023
Lexusgs430:

They have come again........ Why not use this your worthless prayers, to make nigeria a well organised and fruitful country..........

Sorry if I've frustrated you!

As an atheist in which you are, there is no how you can understand the power in prayer
Re: Wedding Called Off Due To Incompatible Genotype (Photo) by twosquare(m): 6:41pm On Jan 20, 2023
Not just genotype test, even fertility test must be conducted to ensure everything is in right shape or else, they should treat it earlier before proceeding.
Re: Wedding Called Off Due To Incompatible Genotype (Photo) by twosquare(m): 6:44pm On Jan 20, 2023
Maybe he is trying to say the foetus' genotype can be determined from the womb... if you have the money to pursue it, which can be expensive. That's just it. It can be done...but as you said, it's not worth the stress.
LordReed:

That is playing Russian Roulette with the lives of your children. My colleague was telling me yesterday about his niece that died at 9yrs old, she was SS. Her elder brother was also SS and these are people who had the wherewithal to send the children to a high fee private school. It's not a wise decision for AS to marry AS.
Re: Wedding Called Off Due To Incompatible Genotype (Photo) by vickydevoka(m): 6:50pm On Jan 20, 2023
Midehi3:
What they would have find out from onset undecided

Na only to nack and chuk dem sabi
Me no need to ask. B+. AA sure die. For my family we no de check I swear.
Even people way carry belle out of wedlock no born ss
Re: Wedding Called Off Due To Incompatible Genotype (Photo) by Lexusgs430: 6:58pm On Jan 20, 2023
AgentnairaIand:

Sorry if I've frustrated you!

As an atheist in which you are, there is no how you can understand the power in prayer

Power in so called prayers, is simply a fallacy........ A tool used to deceive .........

We atheist that never prays, how come we are not suffering .........
Re: Wedding Called Off Due To Incompatible Genotype (Photo) by Lexusgs430: 7:01pm On Jan 20, 2023
debbydams:
I got to know I'm AS when I registered for antenatal, since all this while I tot im AA.I'm just lucky to have a partner thats AA if not maybe I'll be with my mama by now

Not maybe, unless by coincidence....... All your children turn out to be AA or AS .........

If not, you go dey your mama house.......... cheesy
Re: Wedding Called Off Due To Incompatible Genotype (Photo) by efelicity: 7:12pm On Jan 20, 2023
iammolise:
Anty abeg watin MAN done do u 4 dis life, abeg calm down o. Geez smiley :DAnty abeg watin MAN done do u 4 dis life, abeg calm down o. Jeez smiley
The person you just replied to is a man. Goodlady is same person as PellsKodak.
Re: Wedding Called Off Due To Incompatible Genotype (Photo) by Goodlady(f): 7:17pm On Jan 20, 2023
iammolise:
Anty abeg watin MAN done do u 4 dis life, abeg calm down o. Geez smiley :DAnty abeg watin MAN done do u 4 dis life, abeg calm down o. Jeez smiley
Men are deceitful. Imagine a married man lying to me that he's single only for me to see him with his wife and 4 kids few weeks later

1 Like

Re: Wedding Called Off Due To Incompatible Genotype (Photo) by surequality: 7:48pm On Jan 20, 2023
AS and AS =Not recommended
AA and AS =YES
SS and SS= Do not try it
AA and AA= Very Very YES
AA and SS = YES
SS and AS = No

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wedding Called Off Due To Incompatible Genotype (Photo) by AgentnairaIand: 8:12pm On Jan 20, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Power in so called prayers, is simply a fallacy........ A tool used to deceive .........

We atheist that never prays, how come we are not suffering .........

You're really suffering if not, you won't be attacking me for frustrating you
Re: Wedding Called Off Due To Incompatible Genotype (Photo) by Lexusgs430: 8:21pm On Jan 20, 2023
AgentnairaIand:

You're really suffering if not, you won't be attacking me for frustrating you

Keep swallowing that oppressive pill for the masses....... One day one day, you would all realise religion is/was a scam ...........

1 Like

Re: Wedding Called Off Due To Incompatible Genotype (Photo) by chypotenti(m): 8:48pm On Jan 20, 2023
Good decision!!!!!!!
Re: Wedding Called Off Due To Incompatible Genotype (Photo) by koyyess: 9:10pm On Jan 20, 2023
When you like somebody, genotype suppose be among first questions wey you go ask.

I be wan say na northern cow brain dem get but southerners dey follow for this mumuism.
Re: Wedding Called Off Due To Incompatible Genotype (Photo) by Rayjnr: 9:21pm On Jan 20, 2023
Shalommy:
Earlier the better. Chaii.. Abokis don dey wise up. cheesy cheesy

They are not educated but they are more civilized and informed than you.
Re: Wedding Called Off Due To Incompatible Genotype (Photo) by Rayjnr: 9:23pm On Jan 20, 2023
tuoyoojo:
It is important this awareness is spreading esp in the north

The proliferation of sickle cell should be reduced

It's a very difficult but needed decision

I wish them the best in der future endeavour

Once ur mind is telling u that ur partner might likely be the one, quickly go and do genotype to avoid long thing

We have more ss down south than there, so south needs sensitization more
Re: Wedding Called Off Due To Incompatible Genotype (Photo) by Scamburster(m): 9:53pm On Jan 20, 2023
Zazaza:
Nice but medicine has advanced shaa.You can both be As and none of your kids would be SS
Explain
Re: Wedding Called Off Due To Incompatible Genotype (Photo) by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:53pm On Jan 20, 2023
Zazaza:
Nice but medicine has advanced shaa.You can both be As and none of your kids would be SS

This venture is crazily expensive.

Firstly, do Nigerian medical centers have the wherewithal, expertise, and equipment to carry out this procedure successfully? If yes, perfect.

Secondly, do you know the financial implications it may have on the pockets of the intended parents? Is it even worth it? How about the emotional stress the woman will have to go through? She may have to suffer one or more miscarriages depending on the number of children they may decide to have. Not worth the stress at all.

NB; These are one of the vital questions intending spouses should have. Everything isn't vacations and date nights. Not finding out 5 years into the relationship that you both aren't medically compatible and you begin to lament. Help yourselves.

1 Like

Re: Wedding Called Off Due To Incompatible Genotype (Photo) by Scamburster(m): 9:55pm On Jan 20, 2023
toffyz:

that's only possible if prenatal test is done.
Explain.
Re: Wedding Called Off Due To Incompatible Genotype (Photo) by mechanics(m): 10:01pm On Jan 20, 2023
Hmmmmm, that's the most important test for would couples to undergo before saying I do.
Re: Wedding Called Off Due To Incompatible Genotype (Photo) by samwash(m): 10:15pm On Jan 20, 2023
debbydams:

Waytin i wan call this your own
At this time & age, you thought
Thank God you were very lucky.
When a relationship is getting serious genotype is the first thing both partners should talk about.
As for me HIV & genotype is something that come very early in relationship.
Re: Wedding Called Off Due To Incompatible Genotype (Photo) by folake4u(f): 10:19pm On Jan 20, 2023
doughziay:
Wow, Did they just Notice?

Quite strange but very commendable. We cannot allow emotions & love make us birth children to come into this world to suffer, no matter how much you think you have money.

I recently lost my 3years old niece because she was of SS genotype. All is well.

MODIFIED

I am so sorry about the death of your niece. It is well.

My condolence to you and the family, Sir.

1 Like

Re: Wedding Called Off Due To Incompatible Genotype (Photo) by Bimpe29: 10:25pm On Jan 20, 2023
A very fundamental due diligence wasn't done at the right time.

1 Like

Re: Wedding Called Off Due To Incompatible Genotype (Photo) by Dozman88: 10:28pm On Jan 20, 2023
Relates to me also..called off one wonderful relationship I had...she was a great lady any man would cherish and be greatful to God to have as a wife..but we had no options than to depart..beyond our emotions...
Re: Wedding Called Off Due To Incompatible Genotype (Photo) by AgentnairaIand: 10:41pm On Jan 20, 2023
Lexusgs430:

Keep swallowing that oppressive pill for the masses....... One day one day, you would all realise religion is/was a scam ...........

Ohh it is your own belief that is not a crime right? You don't believe in the existence of God and you're happy about it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Will A Man Know If I Tell Him I'm A Virgin While I'm Not? / Should I Tell My Sister I Slept With Her Fiance? / Lady Recounts Hilarious Conversation She Had With Her Boyfriend's Mom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.