Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,106 members, 7,818,302 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady (44082 Views)

Lady Calls Out Her Newly Wedded Husband For Deceiving Her Into Marrying Him / My Wife Tricked Into Marrying Her After Discovering She is HIV Positive / My Husband Kidnapped, Raped And Forced Me Into Marrying Him – Woman Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by 1Sharon(f): 4:50am On Jan 24, 2023
Justbehave:
And who told you no one knew? Just say you didn't know.

Pls how did you know?
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Yankee101: 4:54am On Jan 24, 2023
1Sharon:

I understand that, it's personal.

But he mentioned his sister having sickle cell before, why didn't he say "btw I have it too"

Why reveal your sister's and then cover your own and then turn around years down the line and say "Oh, I have sickle cell"!

I'm not buying it, it's too random.

Simi should leave him if he lied about his condition to her then

He didn’t lie to her
She chose him. Produced his songs. Helped his career and married him.
It’s a bit easier on men than women due to the childbirth complications and blood loss danger

2 Likes

Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by 1Sharon(f): 4:56am On Jan 24, 2023
Yankee101:

He didn’t lie to her
She chose him. Produced his songs. Helped his career and married him.
It’s a bit easier on men than women due to the childbirth complications and blood loss danger

He told her he's ss?

Well, I've said what I said. I'm not buying it.
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by pfadom: 4:58am On Jan 24, 2023
Was he really deceived or a mistake of omission on his parr? Any prospective couple desirous to build a healthy home knows the need for basic premarital medical tests including genotype.

Your brother is not responsible enough for marriage.
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Yankee101: 5:01am On Jan 24, 2023
1Sharon:

He told her he's ss?

Well, I've said what I said. I'm not buying it.

It’s easier for a woman to marry an SS than the other way round.

She helped build a successful brand and you want another woman to enjoy her sweat? Nah
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Greenfusion: 5:05am On Jan 24, 2023
This is just foolishness on the part og the lady, you are SS, you want your children and yourself to suffer what you have gone through.... Just pure stupidity

1 Like

Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Georgejeez: 5:44am On Jan 24, 2023
Lifeemetu:

For the girl to lie with such, to me it's no no. But if the girl is rich or she is from a wealthy hone, let your brother continue.

Someone should help me tell this person he or she is a phuuul

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Munzy14(m): 5:46am On Jan 24, 2023
Shalommy:
Tell your bro. to finish what he started ooundecided
That is what he is about to do..Divorce!

No marriage survives with lies...Be open and plain.

Who wiĺl stay, wiĺl stay.

1 Like

Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Deeprooted: 5:53am On Jan 24, 2023
Justbehave:
Fake story. It's only a fool who can't recognise a sickler through his or her physical structures and eye colours.

My sister who noticed something unusual about the lady before marriage turned into my brother's enemy till after his discovery
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Paulheyman: 5:57am On Jan 24, 2023
AreaFada2:

PhD in Pathology? Haemoglobinopathy? Hemopathology? Haematology?

How will the hubby know to what extent the lady is affected or crisis that could arise? Do we know if the guy is a carrier and may fear their kids in the future?

Dude, I am familiar with the role out of perhaps the most advanced SCD treatment in recent decades. You may have experience with your own condition but I have seen dozens of kids suffer severely and families strained by it. Also some who hitherto managed well but had serious issues in their 30s. Unless you can honestly answer one of the above in the affirmative.

Even in climes with excellent care and ground-breaking research, it is still not done with levity.

The main issue here is the deception. Just because HIV can be managed well now is no excuse to conceal its infection from a spouse. Would you like your brother to be deceived into such a marriage, misconception or not?

Note
1) SCD is not an infections so can't be likened to HIV. it's a genetic hereditary disease Traced to the mutation involving substituting valine for glutamic acid. These substitution actually leads to what you call SCD. Sometimes it's not only valine that is substituted it may be other amino acids. So, the disease severity is mostly determined (but not always) at the gene.
2) on treatment: Gene therapy to the best of my knowledge is the only valid treatment/cure in SCD however, SCD can be managed. In the management of SCD different pathways of the disease pathophysiology is considered. That's why SCD patients are advised to take vitamin C, folic acid, B-complex, pyridoxine, zinc tablet and malaria prophylactic drugs. If any sickler uses these drugs judiciously, then, you can't really tell if he is a SCD patient or not
3) on carrier: if you have AS or AC etc. genotype then you are a carrier of the sickle cell treat. Simply means you can give birth to a sickle cell child and you can also have sickle cell crisis under reduced oxygen tension
4) Many misconception exist in SCD. Mine is to enlighten you and many others

My opinion on the subject of discuss: 1) She was wrong: you don't risk the life of others to get married. By deception the marriage is void. She is selfish too
2) If the man was at least AA, my point holds. I have met many young SS patients happily married.
3) In Africa; mortality rate are usually higher in infants so, at adulthood, the recurrence of vaso-occlusive crisis is significantly reduced to an extent that the patient may not even have crisis that's the reason the husband couldn't tell if the wife was sick or not.
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by blaise26abj(m): 5:58am On Jan 24, 2023
What is your brother’s genotype ? You left that out . Please if you are AA and you love the lady , go ahead and plan on staying abroad for better health care . They didn’t make themselves SS . And your kids will not be SS . Women will do anything to keep a man they love . While it is wrong to lie , Nigerians too should stop the stigmatization of SS

1 Like

Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by blaise26abj(m): 6:04am On Jan 24, 2023
GentleChief:

Oga nothing like prayer oo. You people need to stop this nonsense.

There are high chances of ss. Even if the brother was AA, marrying an AS comes with problems too. Because one or more of their children will be AS. This means they will be limited in future when selecting partners.

The best match has always been AA to AA. Them no dey show pity oo.

Deeprooted, warn your brother to run oo.
Best match ? Like AAs don’t divorce or die like other people . There are ways to have healthy kids even when AS marries AS or SS . It is just expensive . So if you have money , that my brother , you are truly limitless in your choice
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Deeprooted: 6:05am On Jan 24, 2023
Shalommy:
Tell your bro. to finish what he started ooundecided

My brother is already tired of life as a result of medical bills.

I blame him for claiming to be busy when such a crucial issue was involved. I just felt pity for him when he called me yesterday. From his voice alone, I knew he had been through a lot.
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by cyprex: 6:05am On Jan 24, 2023
Deception of any kind is not acceptable in marriage especially on this issue of Genotype

Though you did not disclose your brothers Genotype but I can assure you that there is little or nothing to worry about especially I'd your brother happen to have AA Genotype

I don't know whether there are other issues, if not I encourage your brother to look better ways to manage the situation
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Shorty1980: 6:08am On Jan 24, 2023
Time bomb, fear woman,she hide it from him cha ..
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by deebrownneymar: 6:32am On Jan 24, 2023
Deeprooted:

My brother is AS

Oh shit!
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Cutehector(m): 6:35am On Jan 24, 2023
This is the main reason why i say women are emotional and not realists. They allow love becloud their sense of reasoning and that is why as a man, you have to stamp your feet to demand what needs to be done.

It is very normal for a woman to deceive you and say, hunny but there is no need for you to come with me, this is the result, i have a doctor friend who has done the test already.

Lies! You have to insist you go with her to a neutral lab where nobody knows both of you.

Men, always learn to stamp your feet when it comes to decisions, there is a reason why God let the female Gender submit to you because of your ability to apply reason without emotions.

Never ever let them have their way or you will be manipulated.
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Cutehector(m): 6:38am On Jan 24, 2023
blaise26abj:
What is your brother’s genotype ? You left that out . Please if you are AA and you love the lady , go ahead and plan on staying abroad for better health care . They didn’t make themselves SS . And your kids will not be SS . Women will do anything to keep a man they love . While it is wrong to lie , Nigerians too should stop the stigmatization of SS
women will do anything even if it is stupid to keep a man such as making her children SS.

Chief, nobody is stigmatizing SS, we do not want children to suffer from the SS genes.. Simple.

1 Like

Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Geesaintagape: 6:40am On Jan 24, 2023
My guy, ur brother deceived himself claiming he was busy.
Is he no longer busy now?
Idiot
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Roon9(m): 6:43am On Jan 24, 2023
Deeprooted:

My brother is AS

The lady is wicked and selfish. I mean she's not even concerned for her kids
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by blaise26abj(m): 6:44am On Jan 24, 2023
Cutehector:
women will do anything even if it is stupid to keep a man such as making her children SS.

Dumb!

Never said it’s ok to lie . Besides I didn’t see where he said he is AS . If he is AA , the. There is no cause for alarm for the kids . For the wife though ,it is a serious issue that I believe can still be resolved if the guy truly loves the girl .

Please don’t say it is dumb . It is quite difficult to find love normally in this world . Then you get to lose it because of something you had no direct responsibility for. It is difficult to let go and it is perfectly normal to want to damn the consequences .
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Zico777(m): 6:45am On Jan 24, 2023
Amayabor1:

What is this one saying! An AS man should stick with an SS woman? And if they give birth to 4 children and 3 of them turn out to be SS, you will help them take care of the Children?

Very useless advise!
Did u read the part where I asked of the guy's genotype?
Learn to comment sensibly.
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by riverbird: 6:45am On Jan 24, 2023
Deeprooted:
After getting the job,he was posted to one northern state where he met the lady from the south west.

In less than 6 months, he told me someone wanted to say Hi to me when he called. I heard a lady's voice. He later introduced her to me as his fiancee.

Long story short. We went for wedding and all.

At the point of delivery which the doctor insisted on her having CS due to her medical condition, my brother insisted the wife will deliver via push. It was then the doctor made known to my brother " oga you're talking as if you're not aware of your wife's health"

Omo!!! Na there my brother come say he no Sabi ooo. It was discovered she's indeed SS. I asked my brother before we went for all the marriage rites of they're compatible health wise an he answered affirmative.

After the discovery, my brother left the wife in the hospital but my dad and I insisted he gets back to her till after everything.

It was when was after the successful surgery my brother told me that his wife brought the test result from another lab, reason being that he was busy when they were supposed to go for the test together.

My brother's mind is made up on divorce.

What will you advise my brother to do?

The only thing a humble man like me will say is that every damn thing was built on lies, the BOY should kick her ass's out immediately.
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Kkkem: 6:48am On Jan 24, 2023
If your brother is AA,it will be save but been AS,there is issue o,because of d children.
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Nobody: 6:51am On Jan 24, 2023
The compulsory surgery to deliver through CS is one of the many travails of getting married to a lady with SS.
I just don't want them to churn out more SS children.
He should divorce her but care for the Baby except he has enough to cater for extra persons with SS.
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Ade4God: 6:52am On Jan 24, 2023
If your brother is AA genotype, he should stick with his wife. When he say "I do", it was to be with the wife no matter what.
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Sofyix: 6:54am On Jan 24, 2023
Na wa o.. this betrayal is deep. That means she can fake anything/cover up any evil in the future. You people shouldn't make him to stay in the marriage if he says he wants to divorce.
He can still be responsible for the child regardless.
Deeprooted:
After getting the job,he was posted to one northern state where he met the lady from the south west.

In less than 6 months, he told me someone wanted to say Hi to me when he called. I heard a lady's voice. He later introduced her to me as his fiancee.

At the point of delivery which the doctor insisted on her having CS due to her medical condition, my brother insisted the wife will deliver via push. It was then the doctor made known to my brother " oga you're talking as if you're not aware of your wife's health"

Omo!!! Na there my brother come say he no Sabi ooo. It was discovered she's indeed SS. I asked my brother before we went for all the marriage rites of they're compatible health wise an he answered affirmative.

After the discovery, my brother left the wife in the hospital but my dad and I insisted he gets back to her till after everything.

It was when was after the successful surgery my brother told me that his wife brought the test result from another lab, reason being that he was busy when they were supposed to go for the test together.

Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Sofyix: 6:58am On Jan 24, 2023
Na wa o.. this betrayal is deep. That means she can fake anything/cover up any evil in the future. You people shouldn't make him to stay in the marriage if he says he wants to divorce.
He can still be responsible for the child regardless.
Deeprooted:

[color=#770077][/col
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by DJInfluence: 7:00am On Jan 24, 2023
Deeprooted:

After saying this what else do you want us to add?

Your brother is not thinking straight right now because abandoning his wife and child in the hospital says a lot about his character as a man. Nothing wrong in taking care of the mother and child until she's out of the hospital. Which will also give your brother time to get over his initial anger. This will help him make a more rational decision. Right now his decision making is marred by his feeling of betrayal.
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by maasoap(m): 7:00am On Jan 24, 2023
Deeprooted:

My brother is AS
Divorce, straight!! No any other way around it. Have they carried out the genotype test on their kid?
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by jessylaurel(f): 7:05am On Jan 24, 2023
Deeprooted:

Your brother is a fo*l and an illiterate. Even with his education. He can get her pregnant but can't go to the hospital for test before marriage. Nobody forced or deceived him to marry her.

1 Like

Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by maasoap(m): 7:05am On Jan 24, 2023
DJInfluence:
After saying this what else do you want us to add?

Your brother is not thinking straight right now because abandoning his wife and child in the hospital says a lot about his character as a man. Nothing wrong in taking care of the mother and child until she's out of the hospital. Which will also give your brother time to get over his initial anger. This will help him make a more rational decision. Right now his decision making is marred by his feeling of betrayal.

You don't know what you are saying at all. He just found out that he was deceived, but you didn't want him to be human. Abandoned was a temporary decision to be able to process what is happening, not like he wouldn't go back to the hospital or take care of the mother and child. A lot would be going on in his mind, the wife should even be grateful that his family were there

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Bulldog: If My Daughter Wants To Be A Prostitue At 18, I Won't Discourage Her / They Live In A Face Me I Face You Compound / We Have Stronger Women And Weaker Men Now!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.